Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|5666|In your head
Ok I know they "fixed" this in last patch but it still happens! What they need to do is that the damn helio needs to freaking fall like a damn ton of steel! That way you don't get homo exploiters. Either that or make it spin ALOT faster.

Let me know what you think........and if you do solo shut your mouth cuz no one wants to hear from a game exploiter. lol ok not really go ahead and say what you want but soloing is just stupid.
Madhadda1
Member
+270|5470|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
when was solo choppering an exploit?
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|5666|In your head
Since it was discovered. In many servers if you are caught you can be banned........but in my clans it is a few warnings then a kick.
s()mtingWong
Member
+48|5618
Why do you hate solo helo'ers?, Is it because they kill you alot?, is it because you dont have the skills to be a solo helo'er, or maybe you see that there score or stats is real high while ingame or on a website. People that complain and dice screwups is the reason why we have patches.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|5666|In your head
Yes partly they kill me alot but it is just stupid that they must use an exploit to gain their points.......if they are gonna do that then why the hell don't they just go stat pad? To me that is somewhat the same thing. And yes I can solo helo I would try it on single player or in a private server just for fun but never on a ranked server I play the game legit no exploits nothing unlike the many on these forums and throughout whole community.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|5608|The Lou
my sig is 1337

and i dont think anyones ever called it an exploit until lately because ppl are starting to do it, i started like a month ago and noone did it and no everyone seems to.
ibfr33k
Member
+5|5751
Having someone else make use of the MG on the heli will do more good than just solo.  They should give someone a chance to help their team out by letting someone be gunner.
dankassasin42o
Member
+68|5604|Reefersyde, CA
Hows it an exploit?  You lose AA lock for about 2secs. Not the whole time their in that seat.   while they switch u do, once their seated, you lock back on.  I tried it last nite.    Several times i was taken down by missles of a jet, or IGLA.   And they dont stay their for long.  So shoot them down once they get back in the pilot seat.   Ive been locked on while soloing in a chopper.   Im curious tho, cuz ive also heard the AA lock drops til their back in the pilot, but personally i havent seen.  I know, I've been shot down with AA missle, while guideing the TV missle.  Missed my shot cuz of it.    What pisses me off tho are the bitches who land it on a building an mow down ppl with the MG.  Thats fuckin BullSHIT.   Other then that, YAY for solo, only if the gunner sucks. 

Also, there was a thread on this already this morning.

- dankassasin42o
eagles1106
Member
+269|5509|Marlton, New Jersey.
its not exploiting the game, its part of the game and it really gives no player a better advantage, especially over having a good pilot.  So, they cant find a good pilot, is their whole round in the helo gonna be ruined just because some whiners say they cant solo?  Your just jealous.  And jesus, if you say exploit one more time ill shit on your face.  Ea didnt unintentionally let solo'ing happen, if it was considered and exploit, they would have fixed by now.  I mean, theres been what, 4 patches.  From the beginning of bf2 you were able to solo and obviously if it was considered an exploit, EA and Dice would have nerfed it totally by now.  Theres nothing wrong with solo'ing,  and if you really wanna bitch and moan so much, join a server that doesnt allow it.
~Solar~Fire~
Member
+45|5573|Austin, TX

s()mtingWong wrote:

Why do you hate solo helo'ers?, Is it because they kill you alot?, is it because you dont have the skills to be a solo helo'er, or maybe you see that there score or stats is real high while ingame or on a website. People that complain and dice screwups is the reason why we have patches.
You mean the skill to randomly spawn nearest to the chopper at the start of the game? Or do you mean te skill to shoot teammates out of the chopper with the m95 at the start of the round while dodging those doing the same to you? Or could you possibly mean the skill to avoid having your pilot fly you out of bounds and kill you?

You could be the best gunner in the game but never get the chance to prove it because of all the childish idiots who insist on solo-choppering.
CloakedStarship
Member
+76|5491
i find this interesting.. Could someone perhaps explain how solo flying is an exploit?
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|5477|The Land of Claywhore
Solo heloing is hella lame.I'm not a very experienced pilot but I'm not a bad gunner.And sometimes I'd like to get some chopper time in and most times i can't because some Capt. or Admiral douche refuses to let anyone fly w/ him.They would rather sacrifice teamwork for chopper whoring.

I understand that there are some awful gunners out there but they could at least give their teammates a chance to prove their worth.

EA/Dice should make it to were the TV missile can't be used UNLESS there is someone in the pilot seat.

Also,it's kind of an exploit 'cause i never hear a buzzer in my tank letting me know that death looms.

And i know how to solo chopper,I've practiced on single player and it's really not that hard to do.

How many times(in real life) has anyone seen a pilot kill his gunner,fly to their MO,and jump in the gunner seat so he can get credit for a kill?All while his chopper spins hopelessly out of conrtol but not crashing 'cause he managed to hop back in the pilot seat just in time.

Last edited by BrOk_MoRdU (2006-08-02 16:59:34)

dankassasin42o
Member
+68|5604|Reefersyde, CA
Its not an exploit.    Being inside a wall is an exploit.
CloakedStarship
Member
+76|5491
@ dank
Thought so.

Soo.. IMO:
If you can find a good gunner then by all means soloing should be avoided.. but if the corporals and sergents are swarming you then the chopper becomes useless immediatley b/c most of them dont know how to use the tv.

And when the thing is spinning in circles.. somebody should be able to take it down anyway.
Twinn
Member
+3|5456|Milwaukee, WI
just admit it.... if you could figure it out you'd do it too... sure as hell beats having a noob gunner who doesnt even know there is a tv missle, and it would be dumb not to use it if you cant find a gunner at all. I really dont see what your probelm is to be honest.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|5676|the middle of nowhere
i r t3h spl01t3r.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|5674|Mark it zero.
solo piloting isnt quite as effective as having a gunner and pilot, so why are people making thread after thread complaining about this? while they switch seats it leaves them spinning for a few seconds which makes them easier to shoot down. if they had a pilot then he could still fly to dodge everything. so stop complaining about how a solo pilot owns you.
ColtsX
#baddie
+157|5472

s()mtingWong wrote:

Why do you hate solo helo'ers?, Is it because they kill you alot?, is it because you dont have the skills to be a solo helo'er, or maybe you see that there score or stats is real high while ingame or on a website. People that complain and dice screwups is the reason why we have patches.
So true.
_-_911_-_180891
Member
+540|5428|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Neva happend to me...
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|5510|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
good gunner/good pilot > good gunner who switches...So fuckin what is he is soloing.  If youve got a good pilot/gunner and you find him, the combo always wins.  You should be allowed to solo if u want.  If you really get pissed off enuff about it, find a chopper and go 1v1 with him.
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|5648|Toronto, ON, CAN
Personally, I don't care. If a guy can solo a heli, good for him, he's special, and lets give him an award.

However: If I am in the gunner seat, and you fly to the edge of the map, so you can have me killed by being out of bounds, and fly solo... don't be surpised if I switch teams and rape your heli pads to keep you grounded for the rest of the round. That was a stupid move, and your team deserved to loose the next 5 rounds straight because of you.

Your "in game rank" doesn't change you from being an asshat in the real world.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|5676|Chicago.

s()mtingWong wrote:

Why do you hate solo helo'ers?, Is it because they kill you alot?, is it because you dont have the skills to be a solo helo'er, or maybe you see that there score or stats is real high while ingame or on a website.
Nuff' said.
Zukabazuka
Member
+23|5611
I don't find this as an exploit, more like skill to be able to handle the missile and then be able to get back the seat.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|5588|USA

HURLEY wrote:

my sig is 1337

and i dont think anyones ever called it an exploit until lately because ppl are starting to do it, i started like a month ago and noone did it and no everyone seems to.
Been going on a lot longer than that bud. I dont mind it....easier for me to blow you out the sky with AA. Its when I get in a chopper with a twat and he crashes it over and over because he wants it by himself. Little fagot. At least drop me over a base. Nope. Just crashing it over and over because the lil man didn't get his way. Poor lil guy.

I love it.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|5588|USA

Zukabazuka wrote:

I don't find this as an exploit, more like skill to be able to handle the missile and then be able to get back the seat.
Circle chopper slightly to left of target, switch seat, fire missile, adjust aim until contact with target, switch seat.


Skill to fly the chopper. Not much after that. You look like a douchebag spinning in the air while the two-man opposing chopper team is riding by strafing everything in sight and lighting up every vehicle that moves with not only a TV but 8 other missiles too! Teamwork is a crazy motherfucker booooooooooooy!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard