Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Sarrk wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Telstra stocks... 250... ... Not my choice, my Grandad nicked me money and bought them. He reckons that by the time he lets me sell them I'll have made money...

I don't think so...
Ouch, Telstra will have been liquidated by then

My Grandfather owns over 1 Mil + in stocks

I guess thats what you do when you can work and still want money, play the stocks!
My Grandad was a workaholic, didn't miss a day of school in his life and qualified for a pension on money earned by the time he was about 35...

I didn't inherit his enthusiasm for work.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

this ought to be interesting, to see who's financially independent among all the teenage angst on display here.
Big fancy words, im intimidated.
you damn well should be.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6663|USA
I own stocks. I'd rather not say with who since they aren't faring to well. LOL!
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6519|USA
frank the tank- corning is losing it-  i have already priced a low that i will sell if it reaches, but overall, i dropped the ball.  My biggest mistake: i let the position turn into an investment.  I bought the stock with short term gains in mind, but i didn't set a price target.  Since murphy knows me, the stock started to fall, but i still didn't sell.  Mistake? i don't really know yet.  currently, the stock is a loss for me, but i am not too worried about it.  One thing i really like about corning is that they have really high upper-management ownership in the company.  I feel that they will come back up, but if not, i will sell as a loss.  so what did you/me learn from this post/stock?  don't let your/my short-term stocks turn into investments.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6579|Florida
Yeah, my stock in Evergreen Solar is turning out to be similar to that Coronado.  I bought in at about $14 a share, and about a month after it was up to $17.50, and now it is at about $9.20.  It sucks.  But thanks for the update man.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6766|Toronto Canada
BUY PEACE ARCH!!

PAE

trust me.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

So....does anyone own stock?  If so, what companies?
UPS, I drive for them and I get it at a discount.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6632|USA
I'm going to try to revive this thread...anyone think there will be a takeover of siri and xmsr?
Robbie77
hammer time!
+26|6332|Toronto Canada
couple shares in loblaws (canadian company)
chittydog
less busy
+586|6836|Kubra, Damn it!

Seaneroo wrote:

The wife and I don't have the time to research individual stocks, so we invest in an S&P 500 Index fund.  overall we've done well, though we're takign a beating right now.  Moving more into T-Bills until things in the Middle East settle down.
Index funds are a great option, UNLESS you bail out when things look bad. Keep in mind you haven't actually lost any money until you sell. This is the reason most people either lose money or have very small gains in the market. Everyone knows "buy low, sell high", but most people don't practice it. They freak out when things are down and sell at a loss. Think of stocks as long-term gambles, not short-term investments. Stick with your index fund until it recovers, in five years you'll be glad you did.
smtt686
+95|6632|USA

chittydog wrote:

Seaneroo wrote:

The wife and I don't have the time to research individual stocks, so we invest in an S&P 500 Index fund.  overall we've done well, though we're takign a beating right now.  Moving more into T-Bills until things in the Middle East settle down.
Index funds are a great option, UNLESS you bail out when things look bad. Keep in mind you haven't actually lost any money until you sell. This is the reason most people either lose money or have very small gains in the market. Everyone knows "buy low, sell high", but most people don't practice it. They freak out when things are down and sell at a loss. Think of stocks as long-term gambles, not short-term investments. Stick with your index fund until it recovers, in five years you'll be glad you did.
Do you use the iShares index funds or others?  I have been looking at some of the ishares but have been a bit hesitant in jumping in.  Right now ive been looking at money market funds and have been doing ok with those.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6663|USA
Buy Qimonda

QI

They are doing the RAM for Xbox360, PS3, PSP, Nintendo Wii, and Nintendo DS.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6766|Dallas
I bought into a stock called CSHD  when it was at about $1 and bought $500 worth.  Then it went to $4 a share and I quadrupled my money, so I thought, "Hey I'll ride this bitch to $10!!".  A few months later the stock was sitting on 10 cents a share.

Needless to say, I've......taken myself out of the stock business for a while.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

If you guys want insider tips I get about 100+ emails a day from people I don't even know telling me about great stock deals!

Here's the latest:
<<< ATTENTION ALL DAY TRADERS AND INVESTORS. GET ON ALVN! >>>
INVESTOR ALERT! DON'T MISS ANOTHER RUN ON ALVN!!!

Watch ALVN Like a Hawk on January 03, 2007

Company: ART4LOVE INC NEW
Ticker: ALVN.PK
Current Price: $0.55 (+0.15 Close)
Target Price: $1.50
Best Case Scenario: $3.00
Recommendation: STR0NG BUY
Price Increase Expec: MAX

Get on ALVN First Thing on Friday !!!

RECENT BIG NEWS ON ALVN **MYSPACE ALERT**:
NEW YORK, /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Art4Love announced today that it plans to leverage the 50 million unique monthly visitors and over 100 million registered users on MySpace to promote Art4Love. MySpace is the leading social networking portal site in the U.S., and according to Hitwise, MySpace may now claim the number one spot for all Internet visits in the U.S. Art4Love plans to use the strength of MySpace to establish new relationships between artists and patrons.
Art4Love used Myspace technology to establish a profile page. "Introducing Art4Love to MySpace will let potential fine artists, art lovers and industry experts experience the talent of our innovative artists from around the world," said Chad Love Lieberman CEO of Art4Love Inc.

ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Art4Love Inc. (OTC: ALVN.PK - News) is an emerging growth art company with access to the works of 1,300 artists from 45 countries, representing the rights of almost 18,000 pieces of original artwork by both established and emerging artists worldwide.
Offering a comprehensive range of leasing and sales options and an extensive selection of artwork, the Company provides a "one- stop/full-service environment" to assist its corporate clients with all facets of their art needs. For further information on Art4love Inc. visit the website at www_art4love_com.

All signs show that ALVN is going to Explode!

Conclusion:
The examples above show the awesome, earning potential of little known companies that explode onto invsetor's radar screens; Many of you are already familiar with this. Is ALVN poised and positioned to do that for you? Then you may feel the time has come to act... And please watch this one trade tomorrow!
Go ALVN!!!

DON'T EVEN BLINK!

ALVN DOESN'T SLEEP IT WILL EXPLODE on Wednesday, January 03, 2007!!!!
smtt686
+95|6632|USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

If you guys want insider tips I get about 100+ emails a day from people I don't even know telling me about great stock deals!

Here's the latest:
<<< ATTENTION ALL DAY TRADERS AND INVESTORS. GET ON ALVN! >>>
INVESTOR ALERT! DON'T MISS ANOTHER RUN ON ALVN!!!

Watch ALVN Like a Hawk on January 03, 2007

Company: ART4LOVE INC NEW
Ticker: ALVN.PK
Current Price: $0.55 (+0.15 Close)
Target Price: $1.50
Best Case Scenario: $3.00
Recommendation: STR0NG BUY
Price Increase Expec: MAX

Get on ALVN First Thing on Friday !!!

RECENT BIG NEWS ON ALVN **MYSPACE ALERT**:
NEW YORK, /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Art4Love announced today that it plans to leverage the 50 million unique monthly visitors and over 100 million registered users on MySpace to promote Art4Love. MySpace is the leading social networking portal site in the U.S., and according to Hitwise, MySpace may now claim the number one spot for all Internet visits in the U.S. Art4Love plans to use the strength of MySpace to establish new relationships between artists and patrons.
Art4Love used Myspace technology to establish a profile page. "Introducing Art4Love to MySpace will let potential fine artists, art lovers and industry experts experience the talent of our innovative artists from around the world," said Chad Love Lieberman CEO of Art4Love Inc.

ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Art4Love Inc. (OTC: ALVN.PK - News) is an emerging growth art company with access to the works of 1,300 artists from 45 countries, representing the rights of almost 18,000 pieces of original artwork by both established and emerging artists worldwide.
Offering a comprehensive range of leasing and sales options and an extensive selection of artwork, the Company provides a "one- stop/full-service environment" to assist its corporate clients with all facets of their art needs. For further information on Art4love Inc. visit the website at www_art4love_com.

All signs show that ALVN is going to Explode!

Conclusion:
The examples above show the awesome, earning potential of little known companies that explode onto invsetor's radar screens; Many of you are already familiar with this. Is ALVN poised and positioned to do that for you? Then you may feel the time has come to act... And please watch this one trade tomorrow!
Go ALVN!!!

DON'T EVEN BLINK!

ALVN DOESN'T SLEEP IT WILL EXPLODE on Wednesday, January 03, 2007!!!!
I hate those ads.  I get them all the time.  sometimes I track them just to see if what they say is going to happen but it usually never does. 

Hot stock tips are never worth their time to read.  I've started researching companies by checking out edgar online and going to sec.gov to check what the company puts on paper.  also check out the financials and do your homework.

Basically if you buy a stock on a "hot tip" you deserve what you get!
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6548|the best galaxy
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=NVDA&am … w14&c=
RSI = Relative Strenght Index (buy when it's low, sell when it's high)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

UPS, years and years of it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Hyper
Banned
+154|6752

Krappyappy wrote:

this ought to be interesting, to see who's financially independent among all the teenage angst on display here.
lololol
i agree 115% and raise you one warm glass of milk and some cookies

whats that....uhoh stryyker..moms callin...time for bed.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

Got some RBC stocks through clerical errors and they've more than proved their worth. They've been technically under my name for the past 10 years and it's seen a lot of growth through that time.
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
no individual stocks but ~10% of my income goes into a mutual fund.  probably doesnt earn shit. but I dont really care.
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6466|Melbourne - Home of Football
Australian Listed Companies.

Telstra Corporation
Down on price bought at but up overall because of the high dividend
BHP Bilition
Currently down around 10%
Toll Holdings
Currently Up around 10%, great dividend re-investment scheme
Atlas Steel
Down around 5%