doc. josh
+48|6515

Drykill wrote:

GR34 wrote:

the game better come with a free upgrade to vista and 2x 2gb ram sticks and a new processer
Would be nice but unfortuntely it's not going to happen
i would settle for a pizza to come with the game i would like chesse perreroni 10gb of ram a quadroople core processer quad sli and then iam good then bread sticks with a side of windows vista

Last edited by doc. josh (2006-07-25 10:06:52)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

doc. josh wrote:

Drykill wrote:

GR34 wrote:

the game better come with a free upgrade to vista and 2x 2gb ram sticks and a new processer
Would be nice but unfortuntely it's not going to happen
i would settle for a pizza to come with the game i would like chesse perreroni 10gb of ram a quadroople core processer quad sli and then iam good then bread sticks with a side of windows vista
i snuck into intels lastest fab and got their latest cpu that would pwnzorize everypc

core 3 octo
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
weird-kid
+2|6547|Middlesbrough, England
Crysis looks really beautiful. Just by looking at some of the videos that are out there makes me want it right now.
Here's a good one, it's 50Mb though, but definitely worth it.
Awesome Crysis Video
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6538

weird-kid wrote:

Crysis looks really beautiful. Just by looking at some of the videos that are out there makes me want it right now.
Awesome Crysis Video
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

i know what i'll be playing this fall... hopefully it'll have a good multiplayer modus.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6629|The darkside of Denver
Why is everyone so surprised at the required specs for this game... i mean look at the videos and screens... nothing like this has been done in any video game ever... it comes as no surprise that you will need the equivalent of a  nuclear reactor to run it.. and i wonder if those "recommended" specs will even run the game on high settings.
Battlefield2Player
Ak-101 Addict
+98|6502
Crysis looks like one kick ass game.  When does it come out? 

I've played (and still do play) Far Cry and have always been impressed with the graphics and sounds.  I've made a few maps for multiplayer Far Cry too.  Both games are made with the Cry Engine, correct?

Check it -- http://www.incrysis.com/

Last edited by Battlefield2Player (2006-07-26 16:42:14)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6629|The darkside of Denver
no crysis is a new engine... the crysis engine.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6689|Las Vegas
It's CryENGINE2.

These are some photos which the developers used while making the game. 
Check out the real pics compared with the CryENGINE2 render:

Real life photo of island
https://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3309/rl1vr1.jpg

CryENGINE2 render
https://img230.imageshack.us/img230/764/c1av1.jpg

Real life photo of hut
https://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3301/rl2bk6.jpg

CryENGINE2 render
https://img162.imageshack.us/img162/5879/c2ce9.jpg

When it comes to gaming, I've never seen such photorealism.  Can't wait to see this game.

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-07-26 17:02:22)

Timelord_
+25|6507
so i WAS going to ask when this is due out, but it HAS to be bext year if it is asking for vista......so when is it due out
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6689|Las Vegas
The closest they have came to making an official release date is to say that it had been delayed so as to ship with Vista.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-07-26 18:14:00)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Aardcore wrote:

Oh my God LOL it's asking to use Windows Vista as a recommended OS, now that's going the limit!
Actually, it's because it makes use of DX10 features. I suppose Microsoft is trying to make XP->Vista like that old 3.1->95 transition. That is to say, pretty much forced.
InnerMonkey
+62|6688

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

MECtallica wrote:

DX10 is vista only.
no... it will be ported to windows XP, then microsoft will fuck it up so bad on purpose so ppl who want DX 10 have to go to vista
Not according to Microsoft, ATI, or Nvidia.

From what I've read, DX10 is being built on top of the new windows kernel.

I'd love to see that stance change (DX10 for XP), but I will not hold my breath.  Instead, I'll just get Vista from work.
Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
lucky^
Kontrolfreq
+50|6574|Cambridge UK
Yup, i'm gonna attempt to blag Vista from work also

My lappie meets those recommended reqs but i think i'm going to invest in some cooling!! The beast gets hot enough playing BF2 or Oblivion! (Both maxed out btw - woot!)
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6689|Las Vegas
From what I've read the game should scale well for lower end systems.  Granted, it will not be all the eye candy we are seeing in screenshots, but it sounds like it will definitely be playable on minimum specs.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

weird-kid wrote:

Awesome Crysis Video
They forgot to mention shitty opponents in that video...

Graphically it looks awesome though.
diglow~Flow
+32|6596|British Columbia, Canada
Glad i meet the Requirements by-long shot
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
My CPU doesn't meet the minimum
My graphics definately don't meet the minimum
My RAM meets the minimum
Hard drive is easy.
Internet is above recommended.  T1 connection biatch.
I have a DVD drive.
My software meets the minimum.
malarkeycoon
+16|6610|Cardiff
Its new pc time for me. As it is 3 years old now I shouldn't gripe really. Its surprising its still going.
AMD 2.2, nvidia geforce 5200 128Mb, 1Gig kingston value ram. That's right.... cheap equipment all the way. I run bf2 on its lowest possible settings. I shudder to think how crysis would play on my machine. Probably looking at 1fpm (thats frames per minute)
Capt. Foley
+155|6557|Allentown, PA, USA
Will this be able to run it maxed out???
Windows XP
7900GT
2GBDDR2 6400 RAM
E6600 Conroe

I will probably get Vista from my moms company for free and will get a DX10 card just not sure when.
Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
i think so ^
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6710|England
then ati will give them a backhander to include some bullshit shader requirement in a patch and it will run like shit unless you upgrade
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

crap.... I'm not even close with my 1.83 Ghz Laptop....

-konfusion
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

Hmmm... I dont think my 9600 is going to cut it this time
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

Sweet!

I was expecting the minimum specs to be way higher than that. I'm kind of disappointed.

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

MECtallica wrote:

DX10 is vista only.
no... it will be ported to windows XP, then microsoft will fuck it up so bad on purpose so ppl who want DX 10 have to go to vista
It's not getting an official port. Wine are working on a DX10 API for XP though.

Capt. Foley wrote:

Will this be able to run it maxed out???
Windows XP
7900GT
2GBDDR2 6400 RAM
E6600 Conroe

I will probably get Vista from my moms company for free and will get a DX10 card just not sure when.
No. But if you do get a DX10 card you should be ok.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard