mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6581|Doncaster UK
OK now i have used SEARCH i didn't find another topic like this one.

OK so there has been alot of talk about consoles recently thought we could have topic about them!!

now no flaming please just your own thoughts on the three main consoles and things.

i own a 360 but don't like it, played nearly all the games and i am not really impressed,

going to to get a PS3 when it comes out i am not really bothered about the price, see if thats anything like Sony say it will be, also i am quite excited about the Wii but i will wait and see what other developers (i.e not Nintendo) games will be like.

please add your own thoughts and what consoles you would buy if any.

REMEMBER NO FLAMING.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6730|Devon, England
xbox 360 is just an doorway for halo 3 for me, so il get one wen it comes out

ps3 is a yes as of the new final fantasys

wii is a definate yes as nintendo rocks and zelda games will be on ther mostly aswell.

all in all nintendo > xbox > pc > ps3
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6737

Ps3 = Too expensive for me. Wii, FTW (It has SSB:B)
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6722|England and damn proud
NINTY FANS UNITE!!
mavrick 3399
+102|6581|Doncaster UK
Nice i might have to get the Gamecube version of the new zelda as i said b4 in your topic i dont like the fact that i need a sensor strip on my TV to play the Wii or i have to use wires.

i would say ps3>pc>wii.

microsoft have to really get there act together with the 360 in my mnd, halo3 might just do it.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6742
Why the hell bother with consoles? They're for people who can't use a computer or have no space to!

Also they're more expensive! You have to pay more for a lower grade internet that is slower and does less things than a PC internet!
rustynutz
I am British!

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Why the hell bother with consoles? They're for people who can't use a computer or have no space to!

Also they're more expensive! You have to pay more for a lower grade internet that is slower and does less things than a PC internet!
But you dont need to install games and get viruses
-MIKI3.
+70|6683|The Netherlands
PC > XBOX360 > Nintedo Wii > Playstation 3 (bacause of the sick prices )
rustynutz
I am British!
PC > wii > PS3 >........................... 360

Last edited by rustynutz (2006-07-21 06:50:23)

0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6806|Arizona
I'm mostly in favor of the PS3.  Even tho the price is extremely high...and they may have bought themselves out of the console wars...but you really get your moneys worth.  Blue Ray capable, HD, and I can't forget the new Metal Gear.    It's more than just a gaming machine, it's a complete entertainment center in my opinion.
rustynutz
I am British!
The blue ray has pushed back the PS3 cause it fucked up or something

Last edited by rustynutz (2006-07-21 06:49:44)

EarlOfBronze
A Wolf Among Lambs
+19|6560
Wii FTW! PS3 is going to be a beast of a machine without any quality games to play, so y bother. Bluray will probably end up as big a joke as UMDs for the PSP.
mavrick 3399
+102|6581|Doncaster UK

rustynutz wrote:

The blue ray has pushed back the PS3 cause it fucked up or something
yeah they had trouble with piracy or something.
rustynutz
I am British!

EarlOfBronze wrote:

Wii FTW! PS3 is going to be a beast of a machine without any quality games to play, so y bother. Bluray will probably end up as big a joke as UMDs for the PSP.
Or mini discs or what ever they were.

Oh yea any Ninty fan gets +1
mavrick 3399
+102|6581|Doncaster UK

EarlOfBronze wrote:

blu ray has alot more riding on it. mini disc/ umds were just for a certain machine. sony and all the other blu ray backers will be pushing it very hard in fact they will be ramming down our throats, there is alot more money to be made if blu ray beats hd dvd as the media of the future. so expect the blu ray/ hd dvd war to be going on for a little bit longer yet.
FFLink
There is.
im a nintendo lover!

lol, and with the wii, you can download all previous nintendo games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zelda, star fox, everything!

cant w8...
mavrick 3399
+102|6581|Doncaster UK

FFLink13 wrote:

im a nintendo lover!

lol, and with the wii, you can download all previous nintendo games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant w8...
also i heard some mega drive games too
EarlOfBronze
A Wolf Among Lambs
+19|6560

mavrick 3399 wrote:

EarlOfBronze wrote:

blu ray has alot more riding on it. mini disc/ umds were just for a certain machine. sony and all the other blu ray backers will be pushing it very hard in fact they will be ramming down our throats, there is alot more money to be made if blu ray beats hd dvd as the media of the future. so expect the blu ray/ hd dvd war to be going on for a little bit longer yet.
Dam right they've been shoving it down our throats. Sony have been losing to their competitors in nearly every area they're involved in except perhaps consoles where they're holding their own. Bluray is pretty much make or break for them at this stage.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6638|Cheshire. UK
I have Ps - Ps one - Ps2 (big) Ps2(small) Xbox - Xbox 360......

The best is Ps2 Big with network adaptor n 200gb hd and all games on it ...lol..

Graphics wise I prefer my Dreamcast.!! 

Mind you PSP is pretty good......
FFLink
There is.

mavrick 3399 wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

im a nintendo lover!

cant w8...
also i heard some mega drive games too
sonic ftw!

thers another gr8 game for gamecube, sonic adventure 2 bttle, i loved that game, wer u cud raise your lil chao to be good or bad, and choose to play as shadow or sonic.
mavrick 3399
+102|6581|Doncaster UK

EarlOfBronze wrote:

i dont know there are alot of games being developed on the PS3 alot of companies will make games PS only!!!
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6759|Las Vegas

mavrick 3399 wrote:

i dont know there are alot of games being developed on the PS3 alot of companies will make games PS only!!!
Actually thats not entirely true.......

High PS3 Price is Pushing Away Developers
Brandon Hill - July 21, 2006 4:58 PM

"Developers, Developers, Developers, Developers"

Sony's PlayStation 3 has been in the news a lot in the past year. First there were issues with its Blu-ray support and then there were the reports on the console’s delay and finally the fallout from the $499/$599 pricing structure. Well, it appears that that high price of entry is not only turning away potential buyers, but also developers.

Sony has received overwhelming support in the past two generations for its PlayStation consoles from 3rd-party developers, but that support may now be in question. From GameDaily BIZ:

In the PS3's native Japan, the reaction has been less than pleasant, with more than 90 percent of developers in a recent survey stating that the price of the console is just too high. And indeed it seems that this high price is affecting whether or not certain developers decide to develop for the PS3. Sony's PlayStation business has always been backed by incredibly strong third-party support, but now for the first time that could be in jeopardy.

Sony's loss comes to the benefit of its two chief rivals. BusinessWeek reports that developers are taking their business to the Wii and even Xbox 360 (which hasn't been an overwhelming success in Japan in its current or previous form).  Gaming giant Electronic Arts has also been showing favoritism to the less expensive Wii when showcasing upcoming games. BusinessWeek goes on to say:

EA announced six Nintendo Wii launch titles and showed long working demos for two of those. But it offered only a short clip of a car-racing game for PS3. EA says it's still testing the potential of the PS3. "Many developers think the console's initial high price will lead to slow sales and are holding off on creating games for Sony," Hamamura says.

Sony has a lot of work to do this generation to keep its #1 crown. It may have been easy to bowl over the competition with the PlayStation and PlayStation 2, but it looks like the tides are changing. When you have a $200 higher price of entry than your next closest competitor that turns away customers, high licensing costs to offset the cost of development and Blu-ray drive technology that drives up the cost of the console without a 100% guarantee of wide-spread adoption, you know that you’re in for a bumpy ride.

DailyTech previously reported that according to IBM, yields on the Cell processors were extremely poor, and that most Cell processors would ship without all eight cores working. According to IBM, some PlayStation 3 units will have 7-core Cell processors and some with 8-core Cell processors.
I'm sure that PS3 will have plenty of games on hand, but as this article says, they have an uphil battle to fight with the PS3.

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-07-22 02:18:51)

Pvt.Kosak
+125|6626
i am getting the PS3. Its so the best. Xbox i don't like and i do not like Nintendo Consloses like Gamecube.
Bring on PS3
McCullough
+7|6878
I never cared much for consoles I'm a PC lover but Wii seems relay cool. If I'm going to buy a console right now i would definitely be the Wii!
PRINCESS
the evil is pure
+23|6577|scotland
sony meh just as bad as EA as far as i'm concerned
can't afford the 360 but want one so badly
wii can't wait
PS3 no way

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard