Entertayner
+826|6590

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I just had an idea, I think six people would be really good, then we could make it so that we could either do a 6v6 battle, or combine multiple squads to make 12v12 or 18v18 battles. Arranged by team leaders, squads could form alliances and challenge other larger teams, giving it more depth. we could also make it so each squad still had to be in their seperate full squads in-game, so it's even more like allied teams ratehr than a big blob or two squads.

Also, I think most people here are from the US and so most of this will be on the US bf2s server, but I'm sure the Euros would get something going too.
Coulda sworn this is exactly what I said but yeah w/e... CALLING DUFFRY! I'll get him on MSN

EDIT: Ok, he's not talking lol...

Last edited by EntertaineR_06 (2006-07-23 04:12:51)

Pvt.Kosak
+125|6605
Thanks what is his msn and urs. We need Admins and good people
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6605
And we are disscussing the date/time of the event.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6789|AUS, Canberra
ill be honest i havnt read through the whole thread so i dont know if its been suggested yet, but im sure chuy would let you have a page on the wiki for it to show the leaderboard and all info.
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6605
i have spoken to him and he said we could if we got it up and running.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

(SGS)Pvt.Kosak wrote:

Sounds good.  So why don't I see your name on the US or EU servers.
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6605

usmarine2005 wrote:

(SGS)Pvt.Kosak wrote:

1. The Thing has not started
2. The US Ladder will be on the US Server and the EU Ladder on the EU Server
3. We May Do something else with servers
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6665

usmarine2005 wrote:

(SGS)Pvt.Kosak wrote:

oh so very true
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6605
More to come soon. We are making the Final Preview to chuy tonight so could start soon.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6726|67.222.138.85

(SGS)Pvt.Kosak wrote:

And we are discussing the date/time of the event.
See that's why I'm not so sure of why we need duffry. If you read my post and understood my implications. (Which may have been hard, sorry) I was thinking we could do not just one tournament, but an ongoing competition. Maybe start out with a tournament to get teams together, but after that keep the teams and let teams challenge each other. Team leaders could even get together and form alliances to make bigger teams with two or three squads for teams, making bigger More interesting games. If something like that was to happen we would need people to start out organizing it, but unless they wanted to devote their life to it you would have to rely on the teams to get things done anyways. This is why I think a section of BF2s or another affiliated page would be perfect because it would basically form another community, constantly challenging, playing, and having fun omgwtfpwnerizing each other.

On another note before I forget, lots of fun playing with you usmarine2005 last night, thanks for medic spotting me on Mashtuur.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

"You got it"   I will be on there tonight after work.
ChrisHXZS
+4|6651|England
Id like to be in it i think but the whole of my clan would probably follow me in this one. Not good
If im made team captain we would win for sure [WT] for the win.
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6665
well if we get a new bf2s section we wont need duffry for the website but just incase we dont get the section.

Last night on US server was very one sided, come on the EU server
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

pure_beef_69 wrote:

I do, and I will.
Flaming_Maniac

pure_beef_69 wrote:

well if we get a new bf2s section we wont need duffry for the website but just incase we dont get the section.

Hahaha, you're just mad because you were on the team in Kubra that only had 2 bf2s people instead of 10.

As far as clans, wouldn't that kinda ruin the whole point? It's pretty obvious they would have a much better chance of winning, perhaps limit people of one clan to two people per team?
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6665

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

pure_beef_69 wrote:

Hahaha, you're just mad because you were on the team in Kubra that only had 2 bf2s people instead of 10.

As far as clans, wouldn't that kinda ruin the whole point? It's pretty obvious they would have a much better chance of winning, perhaps limit people of one clan to two people per team?
well more the fact that my team were retarded
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6605
Well there will be two ladders
EU,US
There will be 6 squads in each with 12 players in them
The Squads will be like Alpha,Bravo etc....
There is a hint hope you like and chris u can be a squad leader. Making a Big Post tonight on this topic.!
Flaming_Maniac
Haha, of course pure_beef, if they don't go to BF2s that's grounds for mental retardation right there.

(SGS)Pvt.Kosak wrote:

Well there will be two ladders
EU,US
There will be 6 squads in each with 12 players in them
The Squads will be like Alpha,Bravo etc....
There is a hint hope you like and chris u can be a squad leader. Making a Big Post tonight on this topic.!
So is there not really any hope of alliances...?
zFeinT
+35|6688
Count me in: [procyon]
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6605
k thx
jord
+2,382|6697|The North, beyond the wall.
James asked me to post this:

This idea was something I thought up whilst bored at work and thought it would be a great string to the communities bow and also put a bit of fun back into this game.

After the success of the Medics vs. Snipers competition and the way it was so well organised and the amount of enjoyment people got from watching it I think this would be another good idea to keep the community entertained.

Basically players that are interested will sign up for the squads, the squads can train as a clan or just meet regularly to practice, the main idea is to have a number of squads involved into a bf2s.com ladder.

Note:  This is not for clans to take part in but the community as a whole.

Players that wish to sign up will then be added into database, depending on how many players that have signed up they will be divided into squads of 8, an appropriate number of group leaders can be picked by admin, moderators, or just general people on the forums in a vote.

The squad leaders can then choose whom they want in there team from the database, to equal this out the will only be able to choose a certain amount of players from a certain points margin to make sure that the squads remain balanced, and not stacked with good players where as others have players with lesser abilities.

Once the squads have been formed they will then be put up against other squads in a bf2s.com ladder.

This ladder will work like any other ladder for battlefield 2, and should be a lot of good fun, if someone could get prizes involved as well then that may also boosts people’s determination to become the best squad, but after all this about fun so fighting for bragging rights is also on the cards.

I would be willing to write more and explain in a lot more detail how this would work if you think this idea is any good, also your input is valuable to this idea and to help get the ball rolling.
Flaming_Maniac

jord wrote:

James asked me to post this:

This idea was something I thought up whilst bored at work and thought it would be a great string to the communities bow and also put a bit of fun back into this game.

After the success of the Medics vs. Snipers competition and the way it was so well organised and the amount of enjoyment people got from watching it I think this would be another good idea to keep the community entertained.

Basically players that are interested will sign up for the squads, the squads can train as a clan or just meet regularly to practice, the main idea is to have a number of squads involved into a bf2s.com ladder.

Note:  This is not for clans to take part in but the community as a whole.

Players that wish to sign up will then be added into database, depending on how many players that have signed up they will be divided into squads of 8, an appropriate number of group leaders can be picked by admin, moderators, or just general people on the forums in a vote.

The squad leaders can then choose whom they want in there team from the database, to equal this out the will only be able to choose a certain amount of players from a certain points margin to make sure that the squads remain balanced, and not stacked with good players where as others have players with lesser abilities.

Once the squads have been formed they will then be put up against other squads in a bf2s.com ladder.

This ladder will work like any other ladder for battlefield 2, and should be a lot of good fun, if someone could get prizes involved as well then that may also boosts people’s determination to become the best squad, but after all this about fun so fighting for bragging rights is also on the cards.

I would be willing to write more and explain in a lot more detail how this would work if you think this idea is any good, also your input is valuable to this idea and to help get the ball rolling.
Very nice, sounds really good, the rank thing would be a bitch to implement but would be a really good idea.
Entertayner
+826|6590

Has anyone thought about getting in contact with fragtv?
jord
+2,382|6697|The North, beyond the wall.
JaM3z asked me to post this…. So here goes

JaM3z wrote:

BF2s.com Squads Ladder Project:

Right, as 99.999999999999999% of you know I got banned from the forums until Monday, and i left (SGS)Pvt.Kosak in charge, and he has been doing a great job.

We both been in talks with chuy and we have managed to secure use of the BF2s.com servers.

Now a few of you will be wondering what is going on and all the rest of it, because of my ban (props to THA aka The Asshat on that one ) I can only read the forums, not post unless I make another account which to be honest I really cant be bothered to do.

Here is how the squads are going to be sorted, me and (SGS)Pvt.Kosak are going to have a chat latter about who should be a squad leader, once we have decided we will notify this people via a PM, with the list of all the people looking to take part, so that they can choose.

If a person is selected twice then I will sit behind my desk flip a coin……. You get the picture

Getting a page on the wiki, well this is pretty much setup now, but I will be asking chuy to set this up for us once we have the squad names and who is in the squads all sorted out, as there is no point in doing it all now.

Right now ill move on to the main competition, it will be played over all maps except wake (its to big), squads will fight with other squads over every single map in normal BF2 the winners from the EU side and the winners from the US side overall will then go through to play each other in the final on, Strike At Karkand.

The reason for playing all maps is because each map needs a different skill, for example karkand needs bunny hopping skill where as shongustalemate has more of a stealthy feel about it.

Or

We can set it up like a normal ladder where you can pick the map that you want to play (I like this idea more) and the team you want to play can pick a map it wants to play.

Rules:

Once your in a squad don’t bitch and moan about lack of skill or what ever.

Do not whine

If you get a challenge put to you then you must accept it or put a counter challenge date.

Practice, none of this OMG what am I meant to be doing like a smurf. (if your in my squad believe me you will be working your ass off)

So until I back on Monday and can post more, ill be reading not typing back

Also where the hell is my uber 1337 userbar!!!!!!!!!
And he wanted his sig on it as well…..

https://img319.imageshack.us/img319/7508/yunasig3up.jpg

He meant for me to write this,but with him being an idiot he sent me the wrong file!
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6566|inside your nose.
count me in u guys

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard