BFROE|IndianScout
+41|6503
I've seen myself bashed, both the BFROE and BF2RS along with EA getting trashed..

so here is my challenge to you..

Write an ROE and post it here, this I would love to read, and if you post something that is really good I will pass it on to EA..

so instead of whinning and complaining get busy writting..

the ball is in your court..

IndianScout

Last edited by BFROE|IndianScout (2006-07-20 13:46:32)

jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.
*No knive/reviving.

There done.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

Kill the enemy, not matter where, and no matter how.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6645
Wow if I didn't have a lot of stuff to do I might actually sit down and tackle that.  This should be an interesting thread...can't wait til Cougar chimes in.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6738|The United Center
I really have to agree with what's been said.  If you're not meant to do it, then it should be coded out.  I.E. no reviving the same person more than three times in a row.

If you're not meant to baserape, then make the uncappable bases out-of-bounds areas for the enemy team.

Someone on these forums has a sig that says "Don't ROE it, Code it!" and I wholeheartedly agree.  I like to think I'm pretty familiar with most of the RoE, but not everyone is, nor should everyone have to be.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6588|Seattle

1. No Hacks, cheats or exploiting the exploitable. (cunningly linguisticly isn't it?)

jord wrote:

*No knive/reviving.
3. No whining about Indianscouts (cuz I'm Indian too....*feathers, not dots mind you)
4. No safe-havens on any map. They are your enemy, kill them with whatever weapon you got (including the cardrops/supply crates) (Why would they make it kill you when it lands on you if they don't want it to kill you?)
5. um.... someone else will have to finish for me

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-07-20 13:56:56)

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
jord
Actually i just got an idea.

We don't need a ROE,we should play the game how we wan't and let the server admins kick us if we do something they don't like.

Anyone agree?
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6751
Theres nothing wrong with them per se - the problem is that people don't listen/obey them.

What I want to know is this:

If I break an "in-house" local server rule (e.g baserape), am I breaking the ROE? Is it up to the admins to kick/ban or should they be reporting to BFROE?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6621|Washington, DC

Alright Mr. Indian Scout.

GLOBALLY ENFORCE RANK RULES

1) Players may not hack

2) Servers cannot allow glitching to happen and players may not glitch or exploit game flaws (eg Karkand Hotel exploit)

3) Players may not be racist (no need for children to say "FUCK U U FAGGOT SPIC CHINK")

The rest should be up to the admins of the server. If there was never an ROE like the current one in the first place, nobody would care about people on knife and pistol, people TKing for vehicles, people stat padding off in some corner of the map. Let the players govern themselves, there shouldn't be a need for a police force or a set of laws for a game. People should put fun before stats.

EDIT: 4) Servers must clearly show server rules

There.

Last edited by ExecutionerStyle (2006-07-20 13:58:05)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
no hacks, no padding.
i know you have to go into detail to define these but i dont have time.
chuuby
+19|6609
no tking
no glitching
thats sounds good to me
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6743

jord wrote:

Actually i just got an idea.

We don't need a ROE,we should play the game how we wan't and let the server admins kick us if we do something they don't like.

Anyone agree?
I agree. Most of the admins make their own R.O.E. anyway.
BFROE|IndianScout
+41|6503
guys PWING the TK NOOB doesnt make an ROE,

it has to be written so that the 2 million people who purchased BF2 can understand and abide by it,  there are more rules and such that have to be followed...

Admins who make their own ROE and dont abide by the official one will get delisted or shut down, that is already stated in the new ROE...

Last edited by BFROE|IndianScout (2006-07-20 14:00:20)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK
*starts to piece together his ideas*
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6588|Seattle

BFROE|IndianScout wrote:

guys PWING the TK NOOB doesnt make an ROE,

it has to be written so that the 2 million people who purchased BF2 can understand and abide by it,  there are more rules and such that have to be followed...

Admins who make their own ROE and dont abide by the official one will get delisted or shut down, that is already stated in the new ROE...
What about all the knife and pistol servers everywhere? To be a little more clear...why are there so many still around? I would have thought they'd all be shut down or the players' stats reset by now?

Edit: wow, this is cool actually getting to talk to the man behind the myth

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-07-20 14:09:49)

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Hurricane
Banned

If you want all BF2 players to understand the ROE you need to make it simple. In case you didn't notice, the majority of BF2 players are morons and can't understand 'complex' documents like the current ROE. A simple ROe with sensible rules will get the message across easily for everyone. Hell you could write it in all the lagnuage BF2 supports.
Sr7
+1|6594

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I really have to agree with what's been said.  If you're not meant to do it, then it should be coded out.  I.E. no reviving the same person more than three times in a row.

If you're not meant to baserape, then make the uncappable bases out-of-bounds areas for the enemy team.

Someone on these forums has a sig that says "Don't ROE it, Code it!" and I wholeheartedly agree.  I like to think I'm pretty familiar with most of the RoE, but not everyone is, nor should everyone have to be.
Many of the items require some sort of human interpretation that code isn't really capable of. Hence many of the items are impossible to code. Therefore if you need to announce any rules that you can't code, you still have an ROE.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6702
Indian i tryed sending you a PM serveral times over the past half hour and i keep getting the error you must wait 60 seconds before you make another post.

So here would be my PM back to you:

Look i can understand the need for a ROE i can understand why knife pistol servers are not allowed, i also understand that statpadding is not allowed.

What i do not understand is the fact that we have many many other things associated with the ROE.

After reading through this document i agree with about 1% of it.

The only thing the ROE needs to contain is the rules:

No statspadding

No knife pistol servers

No high points servers

These are the only rules you need for this game, not any other extremly complicated rules.

It seems to be a waste of time on my part where as EA could be using the time it took to write these patchs to fix the many bugs associated with this game at past and present.

One of the things i do not like about the ROE is the need for the "Battlefield 2 police" many times i find it rather disturbing that players need to report other players about how they have more kills then them or a ward they dont have it.

And IMO it is very childish and very pathetic.

Edit (to add my ROE posted below)

Here would be my ROE, who on these forums agree's with this:

§1.1 You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are on any Ranked Servers.

* § This would include the copy and distribution of copyrighted software or cd-keys

Well that rule is pretty damn obvious

§1.2 You may not change (hack) any core games files, load into memory or employ external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving yourself an unfair advantage over other players.

This would include but not limited to:

* § MSX and other 3rd party software.
    * § Modification of weapons code, aka Tank turrets exploit.
    * § CVAR hacks which would make players appear Neon
    * § CVAR hacks that let players see thru walls or buildings
    * § Mini-Map hack so all players are visible
    * § Modification of Player Names which would alter their size or colors.
    * § Items not included in this list would be up to EA & DICE to interpret.

Well this is another obvious rule.

§1.3 Server administrators may not change any game settings defined as standard for ranked servers (ticket ratios, server password, round time, etc.)

This is pretty obvious already as server admins (like me) do not get FTP access to change this stuff.

§1.4 Server administrators may not enforce restrictions on roles or kits that players can use while on your server.

* § Spec Ops
    * § Squad Leader
    * § Note.. Commander class can not be enforced

Pretty obvious again.....

§1.5 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

* § Knife-Pistol-Revive
    * § Knife-Pistol only Servers
    * § Knife only Servers
    * § High Points Servers
    * § Turning boats upside down and repairing
    * § Glitching inside buildings.
    * § Modifying game files for vehicles and weapons.

These are the only ones that need to be classed as stats padding.

This my friends is a simple ROE and if you break it down it goes like this.

No statspadding
No knife pistol servers
No high points servers
No hacking
No glitching buildings

5 simple rules.......................

Last edited by JaM3z (2006-07-20 14:17:48)

Sr7
+1|6594

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

If you want all BF2 players to understand the ROE you need to make it simple. In case you didn't notice, the majority of BF2 players are morons and can't understand 'complex' documents like the current ROE. A simple ROe with sensible rules will get the message across easily for everyone. Hell you could write it in all the lagnuage BF2 supports.
I agree the only problem is that then you get the trolls who start picking the rules apart and asking for dictionary definitions and circumventing them based on some loophole that wasn't fully specified lol.
BFROE|IndianScout
+41|6503

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

1) Players may not hack

2) Servers cannot allow glitching to happen and players may not glitch or exploit game flaws (eg Karkand Hotel exploit)

3) Players may not be racist (no need for children to say "FUCK U U FAGGOT SPIC CHINK")

The rest should be up to the admins of the server. If there was never an ROE like the current one in the first place, nobody would care about people on knife and pistol, people TKing for vehicles, people stat padding off in some corner of the map. Let the players govern themselves, there shouldn't be a need for a police force or a set of laws for a game. People should put fun before stats.

There.
thats actually a good start, but there is tons more that has to addressed...
Hurricane
Banned

Oh well. It's a game. What satisfaction do you get in playing the role of Officer Battlefield? Just play the game instead of worrying about other people's stats and awards.

EDIT: That was in response to Sr7. I understand a basic need for a level playing field with such a massive stats system, but when it gets to community degradation with such remarks as "OMG PADDER" and people stalking others hoping to see them violate the ROE, it needs to be toned down.

Indian, what exactly do you mean? I think no statpadding, no racism, no hacks and glitches should be fine. herE:

5) Server administrators may enforce any rules (no baseraping, no cartillery attacks, no TKing for vehicles, etc) as long as they do not violate the above rules (hacking, glitching, racism)

Last edited by ExecutionerStyle (2006-07-20 14:09:29)

R0lyP0ly
+161|6645|USA
Vol. 1 Ed. 1 Title "Mystics ROE"

Ch1.

Players shall conduct thyselves in a matter determined to be reasonable and prudent by the majority of active players within said players current game. Matters of question shall be dealt by a simple vote by the 2 opposing teams. There will be 2 stances to this matter: "Yes actions deemed reasonable given current situation" OR "No, action intolerable, wherein the said offender is removed from the game"

The End.
EDIT : This is 'for serious'.

Last edited by R0lyP0ly (2006-07-20 14:10:48)

Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6743
The only way I see which will ensure safe/fair gameplay is to shut down most of the private servers and make more EA Official Servers with admins on 24/7. It isn't possible because of the money issue. The problem is there is no punishment for minor ROE violations like teamkilling or racist behavior. If it was possible to suspend a user from playing online for a limited period of time due to breaking the rules, we could rise the ROE's role, and I'm pretty sure many players would start respect it a bit more.
jord

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Oh well. It's a game. What satisfaction do you get in playing the role of Officer Battlefield? Just play the game instead of worrying about other people's stats and awards.
I guess the satisfaction of knowing that your "famous" among the bf2 community.

Last edited by jord (2006-07-20 14:10:17)

Home
Section.80
+447|6839|Seattle, Washington, USA

BFROE|IndianScout wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

1) Players may not hack

There.
thats actually a good start, but there is tons more that has to addressed...
The only other thing I can think of is stat-padding, everything else should be acceptable. What I don't understand is where you even come up with your ROE. Most of the rules on it displease the general community. Honestly, do base the ROE off a couple players comlaints? In all seriousness, I would appreciate a response. From what I've read, most players (Including me) would be pleased with the ROE that Executioner came up with, with the addition of no stat padding.

Edit: Oh yeah, and no abuse of admin powers either, I.E. players cannot be kicked for "stealing the admin's jet".

Last edited by Homeschtar (2006-07-20 14:11:02)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard