kyilmaz
Banned
+5|6502
I play BF2 a lot. Have you played Ghost REcon Advanced  War Fighter or Call of Duty 2. Are they worth buying or playing compared to Battlefield 2?
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6550|Doncaster UK
i have played all 3 seems to me that i am only on bf2 from now on that should answer your question.

(didnt bother multilayer on GRAWF)
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

not logical to compare the 3
Masta_Daco
+39|6745|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
GRAW has an amazing single player the graphics look really good, on line is also fun but the graphics are less attractive so you got to play it your self to see although the single si teh 1337. Call of Duty well IMO i dint like it if u play it on Veteran which is the hardest mode the Nazi have freakin auto aim but the graphics are still nice if u have a nice graphics card/xbox360 and the game play is ok but after u finished playing the whole campaign u will barely tough it.

Last edited by Masta_Daco (2006-07-20 01:49:30)

Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6765|Hell, p.o box 666

moved to Not BF2s...

You cant compare GRAW with BF2... Its a tactic shooter and not this means no a fast action shooter like BF2 or CSS. GRAW is damn difficult, but the atmoshepre/graphics/sounds and the gameplay is just awesome. Have I mentioned its damn difficult? Hardest nut I´ve ever cracked by now. If you like games like Rainbow Six, GRAW will fit for you. Im not talking about the multiplayer options. Anyways check the demo if your not shure.

COD2 is like COD and addon, a typical egoshooter with scripted contents. A good game with good graphics and atmosphere though.
kyilmaz
Banned
+5|6502
Thanks. So GRAW has big problems. I never played COD 1 so I can't compare it to COD2. How does COD2 stack up to BF2?
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6765|Hell, p.o box 666

you cant compare a shooter mainly designed for singleplayer action with games like BF2 or CS:S... If you compare the singleplayer modes of both games, COD2 owns BF2 badly. In reverse in multiplayer.
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6666|San Francisco, CA
graw is focused on small squad action and co-op play.
bf2 is that mass multiplayer appeal.

if you like to have SMALL squad play on big maps with tactics in an urban enviornment, then go ahead and buy GRAW.

CoD2 sucks.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724
cod 2 is much faster paced... never go on mg coz ppl will headshot u easily... graw... in singleplayer the AI is retarded... your AI i mean... never take cover, always stand there and say im hit!!! wtf do i do!!! do i shoot back!!!

bf2 pwns more. cod 2 for a fast paced game
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6537|Global Command
I would say no
War fighter was unplayable and a disgrace to the ghost recon brand name.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6771

GRAW for the PC was terrible. It was a good game by itself, but after seeing it on the 360, the PC version was just terrible. I won't go in depth, but it is simply not worth it. It's like Modern Combat. They took BF2 and ruined it. Same thing, they took GRAW and tore it to shreds. Don't buy the PC version. But by all means if you have a 360 get GRAW.
DoNER90
+14|6526|South Africa

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

I would say no
i think u suck, GRAW IS the best, in the Ghost Recon series, BF2 Pw3ns ALL
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724

DoNER90 wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

I would say no
i think u suck, GRAW IS the best, in the Ghost Recon series, BF2 Pw3ns ALL
graw sucks... the AI sucks... i couldnt even play online coz "gamespy not verified" wtf? im a fucking foundersclub member! how dare it says that!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ryker
+13|6512
I got CoD2 and BF2. BF2 wins easily, bigger maps, more guns, more vehicles, better everything apart from SP.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6814|The planet Tophet
bf2 AI on single player is actualy really smart play on expert they like actualy work as a squad
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51

kyilmaz wrote:

I play BF2 a lot. Have you played Ghost REcon Advanced  War Fighter or Call of Duty 2. Are they worth buying or playing compared to Battlefield 2?
Call of Duty 2, Singleplayer story is great! Multiplayer, is less
Ghost Recon Advanced wars, meeh, haven't played it yet
BF2, great multiplayer, singplayer sucks,

So, for Singleplayer, take Call of Duty
Multiplayer, BF2
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6814|The planet Tophet

RDMC(2) wrote:

kyilmaz wrote:

Call of Duty 2, Singleplayer story is great! Multiplayer, is less
Ghost Recon Advanced wars, meeh, haven't played it yet
BF2, great multiplayer, singplayer sucks,

So, for Singleplayer, take Call of Duty
Multiplayer, BF2
ii must agree  never played GR but played CD2 and BF2
but CD2 has great single player never played online with it
bf2 has good singleplayer but no storyline but the AI is smart but multi is fun as hell
kyilmaz
Banned
+5|6502
Thanks to all. TO those who have played COD 2 online is it worth $40-50 because after BF2 I'd only be interested in playing online.
Jello.01
+46|6617|DFW, Texas

kyilmaz wrote:

Thanks to all. TO those who have played COD 2 online is it worth $40-50 because after BF2 I'd only be interested in playing online.
I have been playing CoD2 lately and it is definately worth it playing it offline and online since there are no ranks, which is good since there aren't idiots around trying to boost scores, there's no tanks or vehicles that kill you without trying, there are a lot of custom maps and mods which make it more fun, and people in it are actually skilled at the game, so you can't go 50-0 killing noobs... So get it for those reasons. I usually play on the UN server if you ever see me.
kyilmaz
Banned
+5|6502
Sounds good
aqempty
+6|6514|international waters
graw single player isnt bad ,cool graphics and high difficulty but they havent got medics to revive u
i didnt tried mp
COD2 personally i think had bad mp
eagles1106
+269|6592|Marlton, New Jersey.
No, bf2 is still the best.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS

Jello.01 wrote:

kyilmaz wrote:

I have been playing CoD2 lately and it is definately worth it playing it offline and online since there are no ranks, which is good since there aren't idiots around trying to boost scores, there's no tanks or vehicles that kill you without trying, there are a lot of custom maps and mods which make it more fun, and people in it are actually skilled at the game, so you can't go 50-0 killing noobs... So get it for those reasons. I usually play on the UN server if you ever see me.
CoD:UO was horrible. If you got 40 points you got the top 'rank' - and that meant you could call in personal artillery strikes every two minutes or so (these are much worse than the arty's on BF2, trust me). The problem is, on some maps rounds can go on for hours and hours and hours on end with no end in sight. This means some people - well, everyone on one team basically will get over that mark, get artillery, and stay alive long enough to use it. So you get constant artillery on a base. Not good.

No PB on CoD2 didn't help. I now feel thankful for PB - it saves me from some of the ridiculous and clearly impossible headshots I saw. This coming from Cod:UO where after a few months practice one could easily pull of headshots which are incredible to other FPS'ers.

Last edited by Spark (2006-07-20 13:55:31)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jello.01
+46|6617|DFW, Texas

Spark wrote:

Jello.01 wrote:

kyilmaz wrote:

CoD:UO was horrible. If you got 40 points you got the top 'rank' - and that meant you could call in personal artillery strikes every two minutes or so (these are much worse than the arty's on BF2, trust me). The problem is, on some maps rounds can go on for hours and hours and hours on end with no end in sight. This means some people - well, everyone on one team basically will get over that mark, get artillery, and stay alive long enough to use it. So you get constant artillery on a base. Not good.
Well, like I said, there are always mods out there which stop all of that, and that server I was talking about has a timer, has no smoke grenades, and usually has custom maps every few weeks... But I know what you're talking about, when the other team has that destructive force of artillery, it sucks... Anyway, I've really only played CoD2 single and multi but, CoD1 I have only played single, so I really didn't experience much of the stuff you said.
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6739|Beerville, USA
Online, BF2 owns the other 2 titles because of the numerous options (i.e. flying, driving, mounted weapons shooting).  Having played all 3 titles BF2 is still the cats meow!

GRAW is an awsome single player game with defined graphics and very tactical game play.  If you don't have a better than average system with a great vid card I don't think it would be worth buying.  Online GRAW is a flashback of CS and Delta Force A&D mode.  You just run around capping flag points, pretty much a straight shooter with not alot of hiding places that give you ample shooting lanes and the weapon accuracy isn't all that great.  Last I knew Ubi was working on another patch to fix all the online hosting/playing issues and adding additional game types.  Once they get it all figured out I think it will be a worthy online game.

COD2 is a decent single player game and lame multi player.  I basically bought it, installed it, played for 4 or 5 hours and then unistalled it, so hey if you want a used version PM me and we can discuss a price.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard