kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6901|Bryan/College Station, TX
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/07/19/ … index.html

A bill passed by the House. A bill supported by his own party. A bill that would have brought much needed funding to the research in search for a cure for many illnesses. A bill that in no way threatens the unborn lives of any future child because they were going to be desposed of anyways. VETOED.

This is simply another nail in the coffin of the future of this country in it's current state. I can't stand this president. He makes the entire office of the presidency a joke.

Show your support AGAINST the village idiot BUSH.
Edit: Images now hosted on allyoucanupload.webshots.com. Feel free to copy image location and post wherever you want to show your support. These images have been relinked.

https://aycu04.webshots.com/image/2123/1640749891242008783_rs.jpg

https://aycu05.webshots.com/image/1564/1079069573813168204_rs.jpg

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-07-20 04:08:09)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Reciprocity
+721|6638|the dank(super) side of Oregon
what do you expect from a fucking retard?

ooh, i can feel the heat of the flames already.
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6651|Lexington, Kentucky
Or as they said on Fark.com:
"Bush plays the veto card, kills stem cells. Wait, that's not right..."
BVC
+325|6753
We all knew the guy was an idiot, but this takes it to a new low!
Havazn
+39|6751|van.ca
I...don't want to even start with this.....but....Bush was probably the kid who threw away his good stuff instead of donating to those in need just because they didn't pay for it.

Last edited by Havazn (2006-07-19 23:35:15)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6587|Global Command
Of all the things to pick as a first veto.
What a...I can't even put into words how crazy it all makes me feel.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6774

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Of all the things to pick as a first veto.
What a...I can't even put into words how crazy it all makes me feel.
agree

hes a christian... and you know most christians are against stem cell research. stem cell research can saves millions of lives
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Hawk390
+27|6701|Melbourne, Australia
oh...the utter foolishness. what kind of fool......

just....stupid
Capt. Foley
+155|6645|Allentown, PA, USA
I like Bush, or atleast I kinda did, but this is just, well, idiotic.
-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6616
Creating life just to destroy it creates a moral dillema.
{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6898|Toronto, Canada
Okay, lets see......stem cells may technically be alive, but its not like I am killing a 4 year old child to do this.

Would any one of you be opposed to the "expenditure" of a few non self aware organisms who feel no pain or anything like that, if it saved your life of the life of a family member?
Sambuccashake
+126|6668|Sweden
Apparently he motivated his veto with the words: "The right stem cell (looks left) doesn't know what the left stem cell (looks right) is doing."

Muppet...
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6752|San Francisco
Just read the quote in my sig...

Bush is a failure of the highest degree.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6778|California

George Bush's Brain [Teamkills] G.W.B

-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6616

{DsM}SongofWar[BoC] wrote:

Okay, lets see......stem cells may technically be alive, but its not like I am killing a 4 year old child to do this.

Would any one of you be opposed to the "expenditure" of a few non self aware organisms who feel no pain or anything like that, if it saved your life of the life of a family member?
Im against this for similar reasons that I am against abortion. Its creating life just to kill it. There are other ways to get stem cells than this and I am fully in support of that.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6899|Cologne, Germany

unbelievable. I wonder who is behind that decision ( apart from GWB, of course ). Bible-belt fanatics...

note to self: never again elect a reborn christian into office.
-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6616

B.Schuss wrote:

unbelievable. I wonder who is behind that decision ( apart from GWB, of course ). Bible-belt fanatics...

Im not a crazy christian or anything. Its a matter of morals. I just dont like the idea of creating life then ending that life, especially when there are alternative methods able to be used.
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6587|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

-=NHB=- Bananahands wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

Im not a crazy christian or anything. Its a matter of morals. I just dont like the idea of creating life then ending that life, especially when there are alternative methods able to be used.
It's not a "matter of morals". What I find immoral about this is that Bush is so stubborn to prevent technological advancements in medicine and safing lives because he finds it against HIS PERSONAL beliefts.

Something that is a few weeks old or maybe a couple of months isn't alive, it is not a human, it is a growth inside someones body. The people who sell their unborns to stem cell research don't plant the egg with the intention of doing that. Many of the donaters are unwanted pregancys, meaning that this research and technology also helps them from undergoing a lot of pain themselves.
-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6616

TeamZephyr wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

It's not a "matter of morals". What I find immoral about this is that Bush is so stubborn to prevent technological advancements in medicine and safing lives because he finds it against HIS PERSONAL beliefts.

Something that is a few weeks old or maybe a couple of months isn't alive, it is not a human, it is a growth inside someones body. The people who sell their unborns to stem cell research don't plant the egg with the intention of doing that. Many of the donaters are unwanted pregancys, meaning that this research and technology also helps them from undergoing a lot of pain themselves.
You have no morals or any ability to use spell check. That "thing" would become a child. It could be a the next Mozart or just an ordinary person. Who are we to decide that we can end that life before it even begins? Thats playing God and I dont have faith in humans to be able to make that judgement.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6774

B.Schuss wrote:

but sadly in america you have to be christian to be a persident... its unofficial but you kinda have to be a christian look at all the past presidents
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6616
I dont think Clinton was a very religous president lol.
Reciprocity
+721|6638|the dank(super) side of Oregon

TeamZephyr wrote:

You have no morals or any ability to use spell check. That "thing" would become a child. It could be a the next Mozart or just an ordinary person. Who are we to decide that we can end that life before it even begins? Thats playing God and I dont have faith in humans to be able to make that judgement.
and yet, thousands of children, every day, die of starvation, disease, exposure, you name it.  I dont see Bush devoting his every waking moment to saving these little Mozarts and Stephen Hawkings.  How many Etheopian children do you financially support?  How many years  of your life have you spent in 3rd world countries.  Or would you rather spend your "life saving time" in front of a women's health clinic, protesting.

the next time you break your arm and need to go to the hospital, remember, you don't think people should be playing god.  it'll fix itself.  when you're mom gets breast cancer, lock her in the attic and let the real god sort it out.   

we're talking about fertilized eggs that were going to be disposed of, or aborted, if you prefer.  someone wants to use this GARBAGE to research cures for diseases, that's just crazy, antichrist, satan loving crazy.  what is this world coming to when scientists want to solve health problems.  thank god Bush managed to stop these human life sacrificing monsters.  the day stem cells cure a terrible disease like MS or Parkinsons,  is the day Hitler wins.

oh yeah, people always say Bush is an incredibly stupid peice of Texas shit, permafried from too many years of snorting Coke off 12 year old boys asses and killing and disposing of "uppity" whores.  some people have no shame.  but not me. I say, anyone who can veto stem cell research because it's murder while funding and promoting a bullshit war that kills thousands of people each month, must have a lot of complex shit going on in their head.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6774
ok WTF is wrong w/ you... stem cell research can save lives, so even if your mother gets cancer you wouldnt allow her to use this technology to save her?

btw: i see sumthing from gundam seed comming... coordinators! ppl who have been genetically enhanced and they have higher mental and physical strength!
-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6616

Reciprocity wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

and yet, thousands of children, every day, die of starvation, disease, exposure, you name it.  I dont see Bush devoting his every waking moment to saving these little Mozarts and Stephen Hawkings.  How many Etheopian children do you financially support?  How many years  of your life have you spent in 3rd world countries.  Or would you rather spend your "life saving time" in front of a women's health clinic, protesting.

the next time you break your arm and need to go to the hospital, remember, you don't think people should be playing god.  it'll fix itself.  when you're mom gets breast cancer, lock her in the attic and let the real god sort it out.   

we're talking about fertilized eggs that were going to be disposed of, or aborted, if you prefer.  someone wants to use this GARBAGE to research cures for diseases, that's just crazy, antichrist, satan loving crazy.  what is this world coming to when scientists want to solve health problems.  thank god Bush managed to stop these human life sacrificing monsters.  the day stem cells cure a terrible disease like MS or Parkinsons,  is the day Hitler wins.

oh yeah, people always say Bush is an incredibly stupid peice of Texas shit, permafried from too many years of snorting Coke off 12 year old boys asses and killing and disposing of "uppity" whores.  some people have no shame.  but not me. I say, anyone who can veto stem cell research because it's murder while funding and promoting a bullshit war that kills thousands of people each month, must have a lot of complex shit going on in their head.
LOL. It really does suprise me that people like you exist. Fixing my arm dosent take the killing of a would be child. Im all for medicine and my mother has been a Nurse for 20 plus years. Im all for innovation and advancement but not at the cost of this. As I have seid repeatedly there are other means of getting stem cells.
-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6616

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

ok WTF is wrong w/ you... stem cell research can save lives, so even if your mother gets cancer you wouldnt allow her to use this technology to save her?

btw: i see sumthing from gundam seed comming... coordinators! ppl who have been genetically enhanced and they have higher mental and physical strength!
There are other ways to get the stem cells. Im all for that but not at the cost of creating life just to end it. You kids keep shouting about the benefits of stem cell research yet nothing has come of it yet. It could or could not cure anything. Im hopeful that people in wheel chairs can walk again with the help of this in the future as long as it dosent come at this cost.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard