Linus
+53|6671
Whats the big deal about bunny hopping??

Have you ever seen a gaming community with so many cry babies about someone
jumping when theyre trying to shoot them ??  Its laughable..  I had to get my Unreal
Tournament buddies to check out some of the threads about it because they didnt
believe me!!

Anyhow.. Bunny hop all you want, You cant shoot when you do...and I, unlike, apparently
a lot of other people, have ABSOLUTELY no trouble shooting someone who is jumping..

Whoooaaa... fire..fire...uh oh he jumped!! omg!! what am I gonna do!! omg!! he jumped again!!
someone help me !! pleeeeese!!

get real.

what did all the bunny hop haters say.. 'whaaa whaaa its so unrealistic!! whhaa whaaa'!

Hey, psst... cmere.....  umm....have you ever seen a soldier get killed.. (THATS DEAD..)
on a battlefield, get defib'd, get up, run off and shoot enemies again ?

Hmm.. wheres your threads about that , all you 'realistics' ? ??

Last edited by Linus (2006-07-19 17:28:04)

uk-anubis-uk
+21|6540
haha bunnyhoping is crap but is does give u a large advantage! If you can shoot a moving target regardless of what direction why are you playing??? You can shoot they cant dont see why people complain about it! Now Dolphin Diving thats a different story!!!
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6568|CH/BR - in UK

good post, I fully agree, +1
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6672
I've noticed people who jump towards cover whilst reloading tend to be better players.  Better players tend to piss whining 14 years olds in some clan servers off, so they make up stupid rules to use as an excuse to kick/ban them.  Then they get their nice little star at the end of the round.
Souljah
+42|6686

Linus wrote:

Whats the big deal about bunny hopping??

Have you ever seen a gaming community with so many cry babies about someone
jumping when theyre trying to shoot them ??  Its laughable..  I had to get my Unreal
Tournament buddies to check out some of the threads about it because they didnt
believe me!!

Anyhow.. Bunny hop all you want, You cant shoot when you do...and I, unlike, apparently
a lot of other people, have ABSOLUTELY no trouble shooting someone who is jumping..

Whoooaaa... fire..fire...uh oh he jumped!! omg!! what am I gonna do!! omg!! he jumped again!!
someone help me !! pleeeeese!!

get real.

what did all the bunny hop haters say.. 'whaaa whaaa its so unrealistic!! whhaa whaaa'!

Hey, psst... cmere.....  umm....have you ever seen a soldier get killed.. (THATS DEAD..)
on a battlefield, get defib'd, get up, run off and shoot enemies again ?

Hmm.. wheres your threads about that , all you 'realistics' ? ??
preach on preach on. i have no idea why people STILL cry about this. yes its true you cant shoot when you jump. what more do you whiners want? when people jump you want them to freeze in the air for 3 sec. i mean come on if you cant kill someone who is jumping and not shooting at you then maybe this game isnt for you. maybe you whiners should try something like the sims since you guys are so hell bent on making a GAME "realistic".
leesupport
+39|6701
yea i totally agree with you. i don't really hop much unless I'm reloading but i don't care if a guy hops if i shoot at him i just aim for where he i going to be when he lands and fire and he is dead:)
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6738|California

this coming from the guy that thinks that planes dont belong in the game
Sandskink
+19|6645|In your moms BUSHland

stryyker wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=35682

Last edited by Sandskink (2006-07-19 19:34:58)

Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6720|Australia

Sandskink wrote:

stryyker wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=35682
I almost liked you for a minute there. Piss off you cry baby.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6769|Chicago.
I'm agasint bunnyhopping. Why jump arround like an idiot when you can return fire?

Also,

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

Piss off you cry baby.

Last edited by BigmacK192 (2006-07-19 19:45:06)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6549|Boston, MA
I don't see why people care. First off, this isn't even bunnyhopping. Bunnyhopping is the idea of jumping in a repeating motion to gain speed, faster than you can move on foot. Unfortunately, you don't jump faster than you can't move on foot, so it's not even technically bunnyhopping. As for the actual just jumping around, I don't see what the problem is. So what if it's a harder target to hit, that's how you win. I jump around all the time, am I supposed to sit there and take damage? I have always played all FPS this way and I'm not about to change just because a few suckers can't kill me.

I never realized how many people hated it when I went on 3 servers in a row that didn't allow it...
>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6573|An Hour North of Indy
i bunnyhop only when its necessary to save my own life. Ex: jumping for cover like crazy to get away from a tank
cpt._crust
+3|6529
The fact that bunny hopping has been given its own name (along with base raping, spawn killing, vehicle whoring) suggests right off the bat that it's clearly a disrespectful, annoying exploit used only by individuals who don't want to avoid bullets, but who want to annoy the people they play with.

Bunny hopping reveals the children playing the game.  Whether those people are children in age or in mind, the fact remains that bunny hopping is no better than spineless, childish base raping, spawn killing, stat padding, TKing for vehicles, jihading with jeeps and such, and other despicable exploits that are often kickable or bannable offenses on many servers.

A patch was made to curb bunny hopping, indicating that EA never intended players to exploit the jump action in the way that they do, and still noobs persist in hopping around (and getting shot by me nonetheless).

Of course, people are always going to look for the shameless exploit that lets them get that edge over people.  Those are the kind of people who would steal $20 out of their mom's purse.  Those are the kind of people who cheat at the weekly poker game, try to weasel their way out of paying the check after a night at the bar, or who display various examples of disrespect to their friends and family so they can "get over" on people.

Bunny hoppers are despicable people.  They bunny hop in BF2, and they most-likely "bunny hop" in real life as well.

Last edited by cpt._crust (2006-07-20 10:37:55)

Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6555|Las Vegas
If its soooo easy to shoot a guy who's bunnyhopping, like all the bunny hoppers say, then why bunny hop?? what is there to gain from it? Myself, I stay and fight. Bunny hopping is just another exploit as far as I am concerned, like corner glitching in BHD. But hey, I killed corner glitchers, and I kill bunny hoppers, you wanna do it, go ahead. I choose to play clean.

Crust, agreed, +1
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6716

Bunnyhopping / Dolphin diving, FTW!
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6568|CH/BR - in UK

I don't see where jihad jeeping becomes childish... I think it's the tankwhores' reactions that's childish, crying out "noob" and "kick him admin, he's suicide c4ing". Just because you always get owned when you're in a tank and aren't smart enough to shoot the jihads heading towards you...
By the way, no, I don't steal out of my mom's purse; no, I don't cheat in a poker game; no, I don't disrespect friends or family to get over them. Also, unlike you, I do not feel the need to stereotype people to make me feel better.
Ea themself say:
'If it's in the game, it's in the game...'
edit: oh yeah, @cpt._crust

Last edited by Konfusion0 (2006-07-20 09:59:48)

Reaper2325
+2|6741|New Hartford, New York
I will admin, I bunny hop when my health gets low or I'm emptied a clip at a foe  or until I can get cover/medial assistence/ what ever. Most of the time, I still end up dead right before I reached my cover.

Now bunny hoppers who bounce around and then go prone, then start bouncing again and try to knife or shoot you, that's a different sotry, those guys I absolutly hate. I found a strategy that ticks them off, just walk backwards or side-step while walking backwards in a circule around them always facing them. By the time they dive at you and go prone, your behind them ready for the kill.
jord
+2,382|6696|The North, beyond the wall.
I agree why moan?

But it's not worthy of karma,there are so many threads moaning about moaners it's getting boring.

It's a cheap way of playing,so?I do it and so do the majority.

Get this,i also baserape,spawnkill,attack uncaps...the list go's on.

I people wan't to suicide c4 me when i'm in a tank,i'm all for it.80% of the time there not gonna make it close enough to me.
SteikeTa
+153|6766|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
i love bunny hoping... dolphin diving... chucking c4... everything thats been taken away from me. if i was not so lazy, i would reinstall the game and use patch 1.12 or something. i think i am going to watch the ode to patch 1.12 again... makes me get tears in my eyes. if i just could find that movie... think it was called ode to 1.12 or something like that. ow and by the way, planes should not be taken out of the game.... its fantastic to rape the carrier with a plane and get 50-75 kills without any deaths. damn, gotta love it
oo... found it: http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/ode.wmv

Last edited by SteikeTa (2006-07-20 11:02:37)

cpt._crust
+3|6529
I don't use armor very often, so I don't have the C4-Jihad problem.  On the surface, it's unsettling to me seeing players emulate the tactics of real-world Iraqi insurgents and cowardly terrorists.  Maybe it's just me, but it sickens me seeing players emulate such tactics.

Of course, younger (or ignorant) players won't consider this, which is fine.  To each his own. 

Further, when someone suicides himself just for a kill, not only is that NOT going to help the player committing suicide, it annoys the victim, proving that suicide C4 players don't want to score points or help their team, they want to annoy players and be shitheads, and they should be kicked immediately. 

They're out there.  They might not be on this thread, but they're out there.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6568|CH/BR - in UK

When I jihad-jeep, of course I do not consider terrorist-tactics. It's a game, so I consider the aspects of the game, and how it helps my team. I get points, seeing as I don't suicide when I crash, the guy actually gets a kill! Some noob tankdrivers would love to get that point, even if it means a death .
Furthermore, I don't do this to annoy anyone. As said above, I do it to help the team...
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6671
piss off linus. I'm ashamed to share the same name as you. Counter-Strike seems like the game for you.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6583|Area 51
Similar ''realistic'' thing
Ever saw a plane, going with 500 + km/h over a carrier and magically receive, bullets, bombs and missles?
Or did u ever saw a supply crate coming out of nowhere, and just make ur bullet wound disappear, give u ammo and repair u verhicle,
Or a wrench can repair any kind of damage!

Yup, if u want realism, get a war sim
This is a game, and therefore I want to be able to do anything I like, including jumpin and shootin at the same time,

Thats why UT is so cool

RDMC
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6568|CH/BR - in UK

And if you want a war sim, get Americas Army
Souljah
+42|6686

cpt._crust wrote:

Further, when someone suicides himself just for a kill, not only is that NOT going to help the player committing suicide, it annoys the victim, proving that suicide C4 players don't want to score points or help their team, they want to annoy players and be shitheads, and they should be kicked immediately. 

They're out there.  They might not be on this thread, but they're out there.
i think the only one who gets annoyed is people who "think" they are good in a tank but arent. i dont play armor that much but when i do, i rarely get killed by a jihad. people just need to learn how to use the different camera views. and i think that jihading does help the team. like if the armor is camping your spawn, sometimes people on your team arent smart enough to go to at. they keep spawning as medic or sniper. and if there is a supply crate or another teammate in armor next to each other, one at guy wont be able to kill the armor. in that case i would c4 jihad the tank. yes i would die but i would also save a bunch of my teammates from dieing to. the reality is this. the only ones who cry about c4 jihading is the people who worry about precious stats and points and are also the ones who believe they are godlike in a tank.

ps. my post is not aimed directly at you crust. this is just my opinion.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard