aLi3nZ
+138|6526|New Zealand
That is a hard question to answer.

You have to take many things into consideration.

Like if the target is prone / bunny hopping / long range / mid range / short range / what kit they are using????

If the target is prone, I take a little more time aiming and go for the head, I also do this if the target is long range.

If the target is close range I shoot the millisecond the cross hair goes over them.

This is only one of the factors that come into play in a fire fight.

I think the most important factor is being able to predict your enemy’s movements and out smart them.
Barrakuda777
+86|6756|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Anyone notice how some players seem to be bullet magnets and you kill them with every shot you place in their general vacinity?

If i kill a guy a couple of times with "risky" low percentage, deflection shots I get it in my head that i can make any shot on them i like, not matter how slim a chance of a kill is. The funny thing is that when i get this confidence against a certain player in my head, i seem to hit them WAY more than i should do.... They get all pissy about it and usually whip out the hacker calls....

Damn thats satisfying!

Again, opposite side, some people seem to get the dust bug alot, even on statonary Clear LOS headshots...

Go figure..

Hell maybee EA assign a Luck attribute to your profile when its created and this increases the % of a dust hit?

Kooda
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6647|Warlord

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

lol i dunno i always get pissed/ nervous when i miss headshot whether i missed by an inch (in real life....duh) or if the stupid hit counter doesn't work so I'm like: "easy does it...and don't move"
I know what you mean. I love accuracy and absolutely hate complete misses, especially when you know your aiming point was fine. If it helps I've just learned to go with the flow, annoying as it is at the time (bear in mind I generally go for body shots so it makes a miss all the more frustrating!) your trend in accuracy is always upwards once you've learned the basics of where to aim, until you get to your peak accuracy which is a long way away for most players.

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

keep in mind i use a factory mouse so I'm like Tiny Time here.
I'm only using a Microsoft optical, nothing fancy here until my G5 arrives.

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Strangely this works for me quite well with the M95,seems that there's a different bullet speed for the rifles.
Around the time I was testing this I began to notice one thing that may account for some of the difference in the 'feel' of the different bolt-action rifle; I think it's the speed with which they fire from the time of the mouse click, not the bullet's speed. But it's so hard to be certain since the sound may not correspond to the shot, in the same way that the hitboxes aren't perfectly aligned with the player model.

Barrakuda777 wrote:

Anyone notice how some players seem to be bullet magnets and you kill them with every shot you place in their general vacinity?
Yeah, that was me for the first couple of months of play!

Barrakuda777 wrote:

If i kill a guy a couple of times with "risky" low percentage, deflection shots I get it in my head that i can make any shot on them i like...
Confidence is actually one of the keys to better play IMO. I used to think I would never be able to hit turret gunners in Vodniks, Humvees or tanks but do it once or twice and you realise it's doable and then you practice and get better. Now, at the beginning of Sharqi as USMC, about five times out of seven the MEC tank is one crewman down by the time he reaches the end of the street.

Barrakuda777 wrote:

Hell maybee EA assign a Luck attribute to your profile when its created and this increases the % of a dust hit?
I swear to God that's what it feels like sometimes. After testing headshots I honestly don't believe that it's all related to lag, so assuming it's not built in I think there are more lost packets than we'd like to imagine.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6539|Adelaide, South Australia

FFLink13 wrote:

depends what mood im in.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6717
yeah tried the sudden shot with no thoughts....

28-6=not so great; but then again chinese was all cornered to the base and the [M] commander had magnetic arties which went through the bunker roof killing me each time...
Fujin
+18|6566
Some of you guys are lickety split with your aiming...been up against some snipers that pop up from a distance and...boom, headshot...I'm dead immediately.  My problem is I have a hard time aiming for the head...just doesn't seem natural for me.  I've gone through quite a bit of marksmanship training before, taught to go for center mass...bigger target and deadly.  Having a hard time remembering that during a game o.0
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6717

Fujin wrote:

Some of you guys are lickety split with your aiming...been up against some snipers that pop up from a distance and...boom, headshot...I'm dead immediately.  My problem is I have a hard time aiming for the head...just doesn't seem natural for me.  I've gone through quite a bit of marksmanship training before, taught to go for center mass...bigger target and deadly.  Having a hard time remembering that during a game o.0
well usually when you do pop shots a headshot is the thing you'll get the most b/c you gun is probably at chest level when prone and when you pop up a split readjustment and you're set. sometimes its just luck. You have to remember where you enemy was and line him up when you're prone (yes that means you'll be seeing a wall and not him) when you go up (hopefully he hasn't moved) you shoot. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. But don't listen to me, i'm the guy complaning about this whole thing
explosivo
Banned
+262|6663
i aim for the foot
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6732|Hong Kong, China

explosivo wrote:

i aim for the foot
You probably get more headshots than all of us here than.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6647|Warlord

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

yeah tried the sudden shot with no thoughts....

28-6=not so great...
How so? That's a 4.67 KDR in case you didn't realise! It's not 40 and 0 but hey, it's not chopped liver either and many snipers do a lot worse on a regular basis.

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

...and the [M] commander had magnetic arties which went through the bunker roof killing me each time...
Jesus I hate that. WTF use is a bunker if it don't protect one from artillery!

Fujin wrote:

Some of you guys are lickety split with your aiming...been up against some snipers that pop up from a distance and...boom, headshot...I'm dead immediately.
There are some tricks to that, the most obvious being zooming before you stand. Also standing from a crouch, not from prone, really helps as it greatly reduces scope-settling time.

Obviously with practice and experience you can get the crosshair on the target just that fraction of a second faster to get off the first shot, and a good connection/fast PC won't hurt either.

Fujin wrote:

My problem is I have a hard time aiming for the head...just doesn't seem natural for me.  I've gone through quite a bit of marksmanship training before, taught to go for center mass...bigger target and deadly.  Having a hard time remembering that during a game o.0
I know what you mean, I had five years of UT habits to get out of my system before I could play BF2 properly.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard