voltage
+46|6810|Sweden
Perhaps try a "Karkand every other" map cycle where you run 2 rounds of map x, 2 rounds Karkand, 2 rounds of map x+1, 2 round Karkand and so on. I personally would hate it with vengeance but others might not.

When Jalalabad comes perhaps you should have that as start map instead.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

why do people have a boner for karkand, honest to whatever god you follow.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

A 32 player server with 24/7 City maps will always help.

Call it: 24/7 City Maps - BF2s.com

Map Rotation:

Karkland
Sharqi
Mashtuur

3 rounds pr map

I know, boring, but it will help it fill up...

Last edited by Jenspm (2006-07-18 01:52:12)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6508|Internetfitlerland

If there was a bf2s Aus. server, i would get the clan there on prac nights for sure.
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6517|inside your nose.
yea first get it to be a karkand server... just so it fills up. then move it on to more city maps.. like sharqi and others.. then once u get a good stream of regular players start putting in the maps that ppl actually like
[WRC]GeneralGun
+0|6463|Germany
Karkand is Ok but you need players from Europe...and if the Serverping is high there is no one who join the server!

My Tip: 5 Rounds Karkand (32) with 32 players und 5 Rounds Road to Jalalabad (64) with 32 players....
Autobalance off, Friendly Fire off

I will join your server..if that settings are done and the ping is low

C yall on the Battlefield
The Last Black Winegum
Mmmm! Winegums
+52|6576|Lancashire, UK
what's the ping limit on the US server?

I'm a regular on the BF2s Euro server,  I get about 120 ping on the US server tho...
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

EU server always starts at around 1800 CET(mostly). it will remain pretty full if it doesn't crash.

Last edited by ^*AlphA*^ (2006-07-18 08:21:12)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
I think the server would benifit from having its own sub forum, this would draw more attention to the fact that it is there!
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6553|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
How about a Songhua Stalemate 24/7, I would so bone you if you did make it a Songhua Stalemate bro.  >_>
Scratch[USA]
+105|6517

stryyker wrote:

why do people have a boner for karkand, honest to whatever god you follow.
Make this server your SF server.  Still keep your Thursday SF for the EU, but move US to SF.

Karkand Hater Here!   

I will check it out tomorrow (Wed) if anybody is on US server.
bf2issocool
настоль&
+7|6473

Phoenix2 wrote:

You should make the server as follows:

24/7 karkand 64 person map
Max: 56 players
Autobalance: off
Friendly fire: on
Randomize teams at the start of the round.

It'd be almost identical to Moders karkand, but who cares, atleast you'd have a steady stream of players.
i would be in there all day, but instad of 56 players cause of all the fucken reserved slots just make it 0 reserved slots IT WILL BE THE GREATEST KARKAND SERVER EVER>

AND I WILL HELP IT BE POPULAR BY STAYING IT ....if its karkand that is
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6624|Westminster, Colorado
Maybe change the map to Karkand or Sharqi.  Those servers tend to get populated faster than servers starting on Gulf of Oman.  I will hop on tonight with the [bf2s] tag.
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6556
Keep the Server but get people to run it well.....like me
voltage
+46|6810|Sweden
There are 4 players on it right now.

What is the current map cycle btw? All maps in the regular order?
Nabraham
EWWW!!! Thats Nasty!!!
+18|6654|Enon
Special Forces map may help, and im not talking about 24/7 warlord. The night maps, hell even maybe doing Euro Forces or Armored Fury. Or you could always go the 24/7 Karkand way with like 50 rounds per map.
dankassasin42o
+68|6649|Reefersyde, CA
Ill play in it tonite.     I didnt know their was a US based server.   I thought it was only EU.   I was wrong. ill try an help populate tonite.
dankassasin42o
+68|6649|Reefersyde, CA

Nabraham wrote:

Special Forces map may help, and im not talking about 24/7 warlord. The night maps, hell even maybe doing Euro Forces or Armored Fury. Or you could always go the 24/7 Karkand way with like 50 rounds per map.
HELL NO, NO 24/7 KARK.      That'll keep my whole clan away.

Real BF2 players dont play 24/7 Kark.   THere ARE WAY better maps.     Chuy, if u make it kark 24/7. ill have to do u the favor of using my information security/network security skills  to put an end to it. SAY NO TO KARKAND.   On the other hand maybe 24/7 FLYING maps, or 24/7 SF.    Thatd be a million times better then crapkand

Last edited by dankassasin42o (2006-07-18 14:42:15)

l41e
+677|6618

The EU server does well because we have about 20 regulars who frequent it (including me, an American who prefers populated servers over low-pinged ones). However, I do not know of any particular start-up time or "regulars" of the NA server.
AlphaDrake
+10|6753|Edmonton

timeinfinite wrote:

well our clan [Mist] has had tonnes of problems with our server being unpopulated latley, mostly 'cause of patch problems, but I think lots of us are fans of bf2s and would spend some time on the server, tryin' to get it popular
Nobody wants to play with knife/pistol server owners. I've even made video's of your guy's server and if EA werent so damn lazy it would be gone.

Chuy: If it saves you money then cut the server, nobody likes playing on a server where Trigg is an admin Just kidding, but I am sure you can spend the money on something more usefull.
timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6696
We have the server almost going, if you wanna play, JOIN!

edit: i just read the latest reply... wtf are you on about ? we are a very respectable clan.....
edit 2: dont get us confused with the well known hack site, or with [MIST] clan

Last edited by timeinfinite (2006-07-18 15:57:02)

PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6764|Idaho, USA / Age 30
Chuy,

I know that me and my pals would love to run on your server if you want someone to admin it.  We don't admin like some 10 year admins do.    It would give us a chance to get into the server when ever.  I play also at night during the week.  Let me know.

Last edited by PFCStenzel (2006-07-18 15:59:23)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6664|Howell, Mi USA
Never played on the US server..

USmarine2005, Jamez, and me has some vehicle drop fun on the EU server though.....

https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i20/cbasterd420/screen0057sp1.jpg

Weeeee!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
ATC
+58|6714|...

timeinfinite wrote:

well our clan [Mist] has had tonnes of problems with our server being unpopulated latley, mostly 'cause of patch problems, but I think lots of us are fans of bf2s and would spend some time on the server, tryin' to get it popular
good idea time. lets do that. chuy... if we do that can i have admin on the us server. pretty plz. lol
={OGC}=HK-47
Eugoogalizer
+69|6544|Fountain Valley,CA

stryyker wrote:

Jeff, may i suggest switching the server over to Special Forces? that way, when our groups server isnt running, we would stop by and keep it populated with at least 10 people
i agree with stryyker special forces could help the server get more populated
if you were to put these maps in the rotation it would be good
warlord
surge
ghost town
night flight
mass destruction

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard