Poll

SPM Greater in High Points or Regular server?

High points 16 on 6436%36% - 37
Regular 64 on 6463%63% - 64
Total: 101
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6794|Jupiter
What do you think will be higher?, I will post my results once i have finished my study.
The study will include the map Karkand, 3 rounds on each server on 3 different servers.
I have timed each round, from start playing to end of round.

KarkTest1, 64 player on 64 size map:

-24/7 Karkand TBKclan.com
              - 11 minutes: 84 points.
              - 17 minutes, 93 points.
              - 12 minutes, 85 points.

- KARKAND 24/7 ]ESF[ CLAN
              - 14 minutes, 77 points.
              - 12 minutes, 99 points.
              - 23 minutes, 119 points.

- Karkand 24/7 SuperServer.co.uk
              - 12 minutes, 79 points.

- Not completed
              - Not completed

KarkTest2, 16 player on 64 size map:

- Random server
              - Not completed
              - Not completed
              - Not completed

- Random server
              - Not completed
              - Not completed
              - Not completed

- Random server
              - Not completed
              - Not completed
              - Not completed

I should be finished by tommorow. I WILL BE PLAYING MEDIC ONLY

Last edited by (EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay (2006-07-18 05:52:11)

Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6529|London (At Heart)

Well to be honest, playing a 64 man Ghost Town server frequently, and getting approx 60 - 70 points a round which is about 5 SPM is pretty decent,

however I once bumped it down too a 16 man server on a 64 map, the speed of the battle was terrible.

Last edited by Shem (2006-07-17 12:45:31)

mgjunner
Banned
+11|6536
for the average to below average player, im guessing their SPM would be greater on high point servers, while those better players would be able to knock up scores much quicker on a full 64 server.
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6575
Typically, 16 players on a 64 player size map will give you the most points. Mainly because the round is a lot longer. But 200+ points on a 64 slot server playing 64 players size maps is still possible.

Edit: Crap, you're talking about SPM. My bad.

Last edited by M_Harrower (2006-07-17 12:49:51)

bf2_zspyvin
+17|6686|The Netherlands
More people = more kils - more teampoints

Less people in big mapes = aaaalot of searching, no action, not my gamestyl

I want action <)
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone
In High Points servers you spend too much time doing nothing while 'traveling'. In regular servers your getting points while 'traveling' either by kills or team work. The only points you get on high points are flag captures and they are too spaced out and take too long to get. I'll be very surprised if you get over 2.5 SPM on high points while 5-6 (up to 9-10 on special rounds) on ordinary 64/64 karkand is not out of the question.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6570
Regular Servers, because they got way more players and therefore more action.

If you want to go for Best Rounds, then LowPlayers/LargeMaps of course.

@ BadSnipaDay: Your definition of High Point Server is wrong. A High point server is e.g. where admins allow only to capture one flag (Hotel on Karkand), stop the ticket bleed with this and therefore increasing the round time.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6794|Jupiter
Well TBK Server just crashed, round barely started and i already had 51 points, damn now i gotta start over again, this might take longer than i thought

fierce wrote:

@ BadSnipaDay: Your definition of High Point Server is wrong. A High point server is e.g. where admins allow only to capture one flag (Hotel on Karkand), stop the ticket bleed with this and therefore increasing the round time.
I think your wrong, most people when they refer to a high point server are talking about 16 players on 64, if more people could back me up on this it would be nice.

Last edited by (EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay (2006-07-17 12:56:55)

Ryker
+13|6506
I find High Point servers are slower going, and less points. Normal servers (32-40) are best cause you can straight away get some kills with a few nades.

+1 for trying to do a hard and long thing.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6523|Istanbul-Turkey
come to n@m nekro's warlord. awesome place 32 @ 64. funny fights inside palace without confussion.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6752|the middle of nowhere

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

I think your wrong, most people when they refer to a high point server are talking about 16 players on 64, if more people could back me up on this it would be nice.
Gen.BadSnipaDay is right. 'High Point' servers are 16 players on a 64 sized map, therefore you get more points because the round lasts longer. But then again, you might not get as many points because there are less people so you spend your time looking for enemies to kill. This is why I am not voting because I think both are a good way to get points if you are a good player .
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord
I think it'd work out to be roughly the same over time.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

Well TBK Server just crashed, round barely started and i already had 51 points, damn now i gotta start over again, this might take longer than i thought

fierce wrote:

16 on 64 are the legal high points servers. Ones where admins stop people capturing flags etc to stop ticket bleed are illegal accordding to the ROE and therefore dont count because your SPM will be 0 after they reset your stats
Mike_J
+68|6671
The two options aren't grounds enough to determine this.  It's a mixture of these two options, but also especially from how good your teammates are, and of course, how good you are.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6771|Human Meat Shield
It depends on what you do, Im pretty sure you can get in the 60's-80's on 64 full; but on 16 on a 64 map you are looking at the 200's-300's depending on skill and what kit, but if you don't make it to 100 you are a very bad player or idle.

This is common sense really, everyone knows small servers you get a buttload of points no matter what.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6794|Jupiter
^^Bump^^ Updated.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
normal servers, or servers that have like 64 ppl on 32 player maps, more dense, more action
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6531|Belgium
I wish i could play some Karkand for 'research'
aqempty
+6|6508|international waters
spm depends on the easy to see enemys to kill them
so 16 on 64 server will get a lot of points but their spm will be low,
*added*in a full server u will get more or less the same points but in less time because rounds end faster
a  easy way to prove it is a pistol knife server, if u see*just u need to see it don enter the server* their stats they have +250 points in one hour,but if u play a 16 karkand u may get 100 points in the same time.so kills make the difference

Last edited by aqempty (2006-07-18 10:39:56)

INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6681|Denver, CO
first of all,  it was not my intent at all to say that a karkand medic will yield a lesser SPM on a 64/64 than a 16/64.  I can tell you right now that it will be higher than 16/64 because there're much more bodies to revive.  I already said in my thread that I'm tired of playing Karkand Medic, and want to find an alternative way to boost my SPM.  You can read my original thread here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=35292

secondly,  aqempty, using a stat padding server to prove anything is foolish at best.  Especially when you compare 2 completely different things.
bf2issocool
настоль&
+7|6505
regular game cause it ends quicker and with alot more mother fuckers running around, the high points TAKE FOREVER and u have to run around alot whihc lowers SPM.....TRUST ME I NO
Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6547
16 players on a 64 Karkand is just pure bullshit.
2 tanks and 2 APC -> 4 out of 16 players in armour... this sounds like REAL fun. Screw these big points server!
aqempty

INCSOC wrote:

first of all,  it was not my intent at all to say that a karkand medic will yield a lesser SPM on a 64/64 than a 16/64.  I can tell you right now that it will be higher than 16/64 because there're much more bodies to revive.  I already said in my thread that I'm tired of playing Karkand Medic, and want to find an alternative way to boost my SPM.  You can read my original thread here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=35292

secondly,  aqempty, using a stat padding server to prove anything is foolish at best.  Especially when you compare 2 completely different things.
i wasnt talking about statpadding i was talking about time, in a full 64 player server u can kill revive... easy because both teams are near and there are a lot of players,BUT they are usually end faster
in a 16/64 players server u may get the same number of points if both teams conquer bases(if a team dont the rounds end fast).
i talked about knife servers to tell how near bases in full servers(20 players in a knife server are lke 64 in a full karkand because the 32 player of a team arent attacking in the same objective) boost their spm because in a 16/64 u kill 1 or 2 enemys for base conquered and u lose a lot of time between bases and trying to get them.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6681|Denver, CO

aqempty wrote:

i wasnt talking about statpadding i was talking about time, in a full 64 player server u can kill revive... easy because both teams are near and there are a lot of players,BUT they are usually end faster
in a 16/64 players server u may get the same number of points if both teams conquer bases(if a team dont the rounds end fast).
i talked about knife servers to tell how near bases in full servers(20 players in a knife server are lke 64 in a full karkand because the 32 player of a team arent attacking in the same objective) boost their spm because in a 16/64 u kill 1 or 2 enemys for base conquered and u lose a lot of time between bases and trying to get them.
i just think that K/P Server is a poor example because all it is, is a pure knife/paddle humpfest.  It can bring no realistic view on any kind of statistics one can accomplish during a game. 

Judging from personal experience though, I agree with you that given the right circumstances, a Karkand Medic can get a very substancial ammount of points fairly quickly on a full 64 player server coming purely from Revives and heals.  But as I told BadSnipa, his 'experiment' is totaly biased towards Karkand 'HP' servers Medic 'whoring' the whole round.

As far as other 16/64 servers SPM, yes it will be lower than a Karkand Medic SPM, but overall (if done correctly) I find it significantly higher than regular 64/64 or 32/32 games.  You can read my full post about it at the link i posted above.
aqempty

INCSOC wrote:

I already said in my thread that I'm tired of playing Karkand Medic, and want to find an alternative way to boost my SPM.
For spm in karkand without a medic are getting more kills(before was kills+revives+heals+cp now kills+cp+maybe ammo)so if u want to keep that spm u must get in kills these points u got in revives and heals.
so that depends on ur gameplay.
some expamples to get that points to keep spm:
ALL CLASES: -
vehicle mg or tank, all know where are they comming so just wait  kill.
-each death are 15 secs without playing and some secs more to arribe to the zone, so it will lower ur spm.
SUPPORT:u need to crouch a lot if u want to kill ,get away from corners because a faireduckplayer will kill u easy.
ASSAULT:u must be near the enemy to show them ur higher firepower so wach out for grenades and low health
ENGINEER:short distances are deadly and mines have a higher chance to get killed than c4.
AT: same than engi but u just need to kill the jeeps(resist a bit more than a rocket but they are usually damaged so they can xplode) let the tanks kill themselves and u can give the last shot(wheels of apc are fast damage)
SPECT OPS: forgive about kamikazing if u want to keep something, wearpons are for medium range so single shot and scope may kill 4 players with a clip.
NONE in a sane mind will choose a sniper for spm without playing like a LAMER,only way to get spm with snipers are claymoring alleys, so if u dont want to remembered for that gameplay dont do it.
MEDIC the easier one high damage with ak kills revives heals and when a good player uses it inmortality(u can end a round without die and get a lot of points without a tank)

INCSOC wrote:

As far as other 16/64 servers SPM, yes it will be lower than a Karkand Medic SPM, but overall (if done correctly) I find it significantly higher than regular 64/64 or 32/32 games.  You can read my full post about it at the link i posted above.
what type of round are u talking about, there ones which there are only one base without conquer and 4 apc and 2 tanks are raping it or the one who all are conquering bases without defending the conquested ones, because always those servers end like that

Last edited by aqempty (2006-07-18 11:17:42)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard