Poll

The norm should be 'attacking uncaps is allowed' (Discuss)

I agree, attacking uncaps should usually allowed.70%70% - 263
I disagree, attacking uncaps should be frowned upon.29%29% - 111
Total: 374
Toonces7
+11|6571|Iowa

HeimdalX wrote:

Toonces7 wrote:

This nothing more than a discussion thread for baserapers to try and justify getting a few easy kills.  I got no problem with enemies sneaking into my base, blowing the assets, and maybe hanging around to steal a tank.  What I do got a problem with is when the enemy steals our apc and proceeds to sit in the backend of our base, like ghost town for example, and spawncamp when they don't have all the cap points.  You say they put ground and air defense there to protect against that, but what selfrespecting baseraper is gonna let that infantry actually get in that TOW and blow him up?  Good admins will kick baserapers because it pisses everybody off accept the actual baseraper and people leave the game.  Obviously the worse team is getting raped and nobody wants to stay in a game when they get killed in 5 seconds spawning from an uncap.
Respawn as AT and kill them. Also, stop bitching.

If your team loses all the flags you deserve to be base raped, end of discussion.
I agree.  Read my post.  I'm only bitching when the other team DOES NOT have all the cap points.  By all means finish the game if you got all the cap points.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6728|Peoria, Illinois
I don't like rules and I don't like being told I can't enter the enemy main uncappable. BUT I don't like doing it. I play this game to have fun. In order to have fun, I need a challenge. Baseraping is no where near a challenge. I will admit, if the teams are stacked and there's no chance for me to ever get out of my uncap round after round, I will disconnect and find a different server. I say I want a challenge but getting base raped is not a challenge. It's more or less becoming someone's favorite victim which is not fun.

Admins do need to control it though... to an extent. Some say no base raping until all the flags are capped. That's actually the worst of it. When all flags are capped, there's no where for the losing team to spawn. At least when they have a flag they can spawn there rather than getting base raped at their uncap.

Admins need to have a general idea of when to step in and take order. When all flags are capped and there is base raping at anytime, admins need to start kicking some of the better players over to the losing team to balance the teams. If the stacked team is the server host then they are going to depopulate their own server and screw themselves. That's when they need to have some kind of business sense. If they run off all of their customers, the shop will close from a lack of income.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6565
Attacking uncapturable bases should be allowed due to some simple reasons:

- DICE intended this
- There are Mounted MGs etc
- It takes off the balance of a map and favours one team. e.g. USMC on Karkand, MEC on Sharqi
dalmar72
+6|6517
I also thing either both teams should have an uncap, or neither team should have an uncap.  base raping doesn't seem as much of an issue on oman or on dalian.  but  wake  or karkand everyone is whining about attacking uncaps.
Sea_JayUK
+19|6520|Notts
Appreciate the points of view guys, (mostly) but Id just like to say again, Spawn Raping is not Base Raping. you have spawns at any flag, there's no reason why attacking an uncap is Spawn raping. An AT guy or Even spec ops CAN take out a tank.
jclutch21
+4|6525|Ashburn, VA
To me, the term spawn rape can be used interchangeably with base rape if the object is to kill someone as the spawn at either a cap or uncap base.  It certainly does suck to get pinned down over and over again (its how I got most of my Purple Heart).  While it does suck, I don't think it is unfair.  Either spawn somewhere else if you can or wait until a different flag is capped by your side to spawn.  You can always spawn as a Spec-Ops an run like hell.

If you think attacking someone's base to either steal a vehicle, destroy commander toys or spawn rape is unfair then maybe you should direct your frustration on your commander.  If they are scanning properly and giving their side information about someone sneaking around to steal, destroy or kill then you shouldn't worry about it.  When I command (getting better as I go), I always alert my side of loners attacking the main base.  If I don't take care of it, someone will come to help.

The bottom line: If you play smart and as a team then you won't get put into situations where the other side is camping waiting for you and if it does happen, learn from it and alter strategies to combat it.  But don't bitch if someone is making you theirs.
Cursed You
+64|6585|Idaho

usmarine2005 wrote:

No.  No base rape.  Let the enemy gather and organize a counter attack.    (sarcasm)
Have you seriously seen a time that organized an effective counter attack?  Cause full team teamwork would make me pee myself.

Usually you'll have that small squad of Sargents who take a vodnik through hell and capture some stupid lame outpost that is completely useless (alleyway on Sharqi, Suburb on Karkand).  I wait for them.  Until then I find a good place to afk and time pad rather than let them kill me.  Like if I see a base rape coming along, I'll spawn somewhere where they arent, probably as AT or engi, then afk and eat sandwiches.

Personally the whole base rape thing, I have a problem with it.  All flags capped, let them come into the uncaps, but not camp the spawns.  The spawns are always the same and everyone knows where they are.  It takes the piss.

But if they do it, I do it.

Last edited by Cursed You (2006-07-17 12:50:58)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Cursed You wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

No.  No base rape.  Let the enemy gather and organize a counter attack.    (sarcasm)
Have you seriously seen a time that organized an effective counter attack?  Cause full team teamwork would make me pee myself.

Usually you'll have that small squad of Sargents who take a vodnik through hell and capture some stupid lame outpost that is completely useless (alleyway on Sharqi, Suburb on Karkand).  I wait for them.  Until then I find a good place to afk and time pad rather than let them kill me.  Like if I see a base rape coming along, I'll spawn somewhere where they arent, probably as AT or engi, then afk and eat sandwiches.
By counter attack I mean go back and get the armor.
Cursed You
+64|6585|Idaho

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cursed You wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

By counter attack I mean go back and get the armor.
Ah... I see.  How silly of me thinking a team could work together on BF2...
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6682|The Netherlands
ALLOW, teams that get baseraped & spawmraped at uncapped flags are noobs, if ur good (and ur team) than it would not happen to ya .
Cursed You
+64|6585|Idaho

bf2_zspyvin wrote:

ALLOW, teams that get baseraped & spawmraped at uncapped flags are noobs, if ur good (and ur team) than it would not happen to ya .
Yeah, but the only person who could fight off an entire team full of base rapers is my homeboy BushViper.

And that would be partially attributed to all of his stalkers *cough* me *cough* catching bullets and reviving/healing him.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6748|Chicago.
I attack uncappables from time to time, with my sniper rifle.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6692|Howell, Mi USA
I think baserapeing is great no matter what. i don't care if my team has all flags, if i happen to be around the main and see someone, their dead. maybe ill stick around and kill them a few times. If their stupid enough to keep spawning there, they deserve to be killed.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
roger smith
+3|6764
everywhere is a battlefield!
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6682|The Netherlands

Cursed You wrote:

bf2_zspyvin wrote:

Yeah, but the only person who could fight off an entire team full of base rapers is my homeboy BushViper.

And that would be partially attributed to all of his stalkers *cough* me *cough* catching bullets and reviving/healing him.
Or take Assault or Support kit / ?> Shotguns?

Baserapers are a bonus
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6845|"Frisco"

I closed a "base rape" thread yesterday since it's been covered ad nauseum here, but I'll leave this once since the OP had the sense to include a well written and properly made poll.
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6667|The Netherlands
The reason most servers have this rule, is that the admins are little kiddys that can't deal with being unable to spawn properly.
I mean, that if theres a tank at your base (uncap), then spawn as antitank. Yor base isn't going to be capped, so you can die 2 times, and your third time the tank is gone...
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6694|Germany
In BF1942 there was no question about it,if they don't have any flags left -kill them at their home base.

And with the addition of the SpecOps class(Sabotage anyone?) every little covert operation is legitimate.

I play a lot of Wake Island on the TV2 servers,attacking uncaps is allowed there,and most of the time people are whining about baserape when they get bombed off the carrier.
But it's their own damn fault,if everybody has to stand next to the jet spawnpoint and nobody mans the phalanx - no wonder they get bombed into oblivion.And it's not the guy in the F35 who caps the first flag on land,it's mostly one RIB which manages to slip through the defences.

But what about a squad who manages to sneak into the carrier,the squadleader hides there somewhere and the squad blows up the whole place?
Unfair or James Bond style?
That's the reason the SpecOps class mutated into this lame C4-tosser class in the earlier patches,nobody plays the sabotage way because of stupid rules so people can spawn and wait for their chopper in peace.

There's a little thing in warfare called "Battlefield Interdiction",that's when for example a strike fighter(F/A-18 and the like) flies deep behind enemy lines and takes out strategically important targets like a radar-site or a runway.
Sounds just like attacking an uncap base to me.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-07-17 13:31:06)

skywalker107
+2|6577
IMO Spawn raping only exists at the UNCAPS.  When I am sniping from the east hotel position at karkand, i am doing it specifically so my team can get in that south alley safely. On Wake you have to spawn camp from one flag to the next to an extent as USMC or your stuck back on the carrier.

I personally have had some of my best rounds defending the uncap base/spawn rape. Sometimes it is a royal PITA to get off center when spawning and other times you spawn in just the right spot and can C4 the enemy APC easily without them ever knowing it was coming. On karkand nothing beats spawning under the gas station roof and stepping back to lobe NADE's up onto the roof and seeing my signature below.

Last edited by skywalker107 (2006-07-17 13:45:01)

mooncricket
Knife Whore
+10|6734|Alabama
Attacking uncap flags is perfectly ok. If you can't defend it, you suck and should go play WoW. (Although defending carriers are a wee bit harder, I understand. but not much, you got 2 AA's.
Mike_J
+68|6666
What I could never understand is why people continually spawn in uncaps that are being camped very efficiently while they do have other flags to spawn at.  To top it off, they complain about it the few seconds they're alive.  Calling the campers "dumb asses" and stuff.  Now, who REALLY is the "dumb ass?"  First off, are they not intelligent enough to spawn somewhere else, and maybe even then attack the camper from a different side?  Maybe they just like waiting 15 seconds between each spawn.  Beats me, but unlike some, I learn from my mistakes.
Sea_JayUK
+19|6520|Notts

chuyskywalker wrote:

I closed a "base rape" thread yesterday since it's been covered ad nauseum here, but I'll leave this once since the OP had the sense to include a well written and properly made poll.
Some of the replies are interesting I agree but then again many of the replies seem to be heading towards the 'Spawn rape and base rape are the same thing' and I went to lengths to make it clear that it's not. Can more people please write their actual opinions and reasons for them without using the words n00b, loser and generally whining?

Moan ended
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6563|England

Although I see no problem with it - when theres a server full of high ranks on one team and low ranks on the other, it is insanely unfair.
If youve ever played Smoke Screen (yes, Euro Force), and your team only has the uncap left, the situation is this:
Up to 10 tanks sat outside your base, 2 planes and 2 helis hovering over you.
Countless jihad jeeps and jeeps running riot across the spawn running people over and 2 mobile AA's on the cliff preventing your helis from taking off. Result: massive base and spawn rape.

It happens to MEC more than EU on that particular map, and I must admit, it can be fun when you are sat outside their base - but with the reverse, it is just stupid. Especially when you steal one or 2 of their helis and have 4 circling over the base raping anything and everything.
Granted, this doesnt exactly happen very often - but when it does, believe me, you have never seen anything like it.

Personally, I think that all bases should be cappable, with the exception of the Carriers. Thats one thing I love about Songhua - the whole map can be reversed by taking each others main spawns up on the cliffs.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6528|Boston, MA
I still don't see why people always whine about this. Just because you can't kill whatever/whoever is killing you? It should be allowed no matter what. It's a war, it's in the battlefield, it should be part of the battle. I'm sick of people saying it's just a game, it's not just a game, it's a war sim. This is part of war and EA/Dice tried to make a war game, so it should be allowed. Look at real wars, countries go straight after the capital of the country they are attacking, why shouldn't we go after uncappable bases? Maybe those countries should just surround the city and sit there...

And why do people always claim others are statpadding whenever they get killed in some cheap way. Did you ever think that killing somebody removes their tickets getting their team closer to the victory? Again, look at real wars. One country knows where the bunker full of enemies are, they'll bomb the hell out of the bunker, not go in to allow the "fair fight." You want the war to be over as quickly as possible, and uncaps are heavily populated so it will end as quickly as possible.

Aside from this real war stuff, it's also just good strategy. If all the enemy vehicles are destroyed, it gives the rest of your team a big break. They can go around and cap bases and do whatever knowing they won't have to deal with any more vehicles. There will also be considerably less enemies in the area since they are all getting killed at their uncap. Most importantly it helps kill the commander. Killing the commander is just like destroying all of the assets for 15 seconds, that's a huge boost for a team. There's more than enough ways to prevent spawn raping too. I don't see why people can't just play the game it was intended to be played and stop bitching.
Ether151
Banned
+22|6657
War is war, yeah I know this is a game, but I belive that as long as your not glitching, or hacking, or using c4 to blow your self to the top of a building, then what your doing is ok.  I have been on both sides, the one attacking the base and the one being attacked.  Yeah it suck being on the reciving end but like I said above its war.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard