[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6521
I HATE when friggin Commanders do this!!!  AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH  I hate it.  Hate it.

It is the most annoying thing ever.  Enemy Infantry Spotted, Enemy Infantry Spotted, Enemy Infantry Spotted... OMG that drives me crazy.

I try to mutiny or vote to kick when the Commander is being lame like this.  If the votes don't work- which they never seem to on a 64 person server- I just leave.  I would rather not play at all than listen to that crap.
Viper38
+118|6684
A commander is lame by doing this? He is trying to do his job and make your life easier ... use the mini-map, if its a good commander see how much it helps you. What would you prefer him to do, fly round in a plane sending arty strikes on a friendly uncappable?

Last edited by Viper38 (2006-07-13 16:58:49)

N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6535

Herzog wrote:

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

I use an autofire macro once in a while its fun to use. I really dont care whether or not people use them. All it is is pressing buttons faster than you normally would be able to.
Yes, you don't care whether people use the because YOU use them.  "All it is is pressing buttons faster than you normally would be able to" is no different than "all it does is aim better than you would normally be able to" or "all it does is make you see through buildings unlike you are normally able to."  A difference in degree only; it is a slippery slope.
I use ONE and I rarely use it. Prone spamming macros are really just retarded and its easy to just hit jump prone and crouch just as fast. All the autofire macro does is just make holding down the mouse button the same as clicking as fast as you can. Its that simple no real unfair advantage there actually it makes it harder to kill someone with single shot because if they have full auto up your ass your screwed.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6765|Toronto, ON
Watch a clan match on www.fragtv.com and you'll see what I mean.
Alpha as fuck.
Viper38
+118|6684
Link is invalid mate .. (or made up) ... whatever
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6563|CH/BR - in UK

same here
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6765|The 70's

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Spotting is THE best thing you can do as commander.  If I see a commander who is not spotting, I know he isn't doing his job.  If anyone disagrees with what I just said, read the paragraph on smurfs thats in my sig.
Agreed,  especially when the commander knows  who to spot, who sees the danger coming and warns his team. A commander who spams arti is wasting his resources. Spot, UAV, and trust your guys to get the kills.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6724

Nyte wrote:

I'm wondering if I'm the only one out there uses one?

I programmed up a basic VB script which right clicks and moves the cursor a couple of pixels down and clicks to spot.  I never bothered to tell people until now because I almost never command, but I was doing a bit of commanding last night when I got mutinied 3 times in a row (3 different servers) because the players were complaining I was annoying.

I almost never command, but the times where I do, I usually have no need for UAV because I can spot 4-5 times per second.

My question is why do people mutiny me when I do this? I am HELPING the team by spotting (I'm not spotting the entire map, I am spotting near squads or lone wolfs that are near the enemy).

Granted it is a little bit annoying hearing Enemy Infantry Spotted 4-5 times every second but it's nothing to mutiny about.

EDIT: I just realized that those "pro" clan matches on BFTV do the same thing, so why the fuck would you mutiny when "pro" commanders in world-renowned clans do it?
i do this all the time and i command all the time, i dont have a macro because i dont need one, and yes in my clan matchs i spam people/squads/anything constant, it is the best way to tel your team where they are.

I dont know why people get pissed off with this as it helps them but you allways get that private first class that think he knows better
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6559
Because you are supposed to spot strategically. Yeah, you catch the useful spots, but when there are 20 enemies 800m away from the nearest teammate and you are spotting every single one of them it is completely useless and annoying.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Boots
+17|6553|PA

Nyte wrote:

DaReJa wrote:

Its because They are Stupid and Dont Realize that Spotting it Spots it for Them.
Negative.  You are stupid for not realizing that it spots it for them only when radar scan is inactive.
Radar scan is only inactive for about 3-5 seconds before its re-loaded, after it self destructs.
Boots
+17|6553|PA

Nyte wrote:

N)i(N06Blackhawk wrote:

you dont want to get used to macros you would forget how to play normal
I can spot normally, but I can only do it maybe 2-3 times a second.  With the macro (I have to alt-tab to activate it), I just left-click anywhere on the screen for it to activate. 

And besides... doing it manually makes my fingers tired.
How do you manage to right click, left click and then move the cursor onto another moving target more then one time per second?

Oh wait, you're a god... forgot.
san4
The Mas
+311|6702|NYC, a place to live
I agree with the people who said

- spotting enemies is very important for the success of the team

- using a macro is cheating.

And I don't think anyone said it, but writing macros to use in-game sounds like a fun challenge and I give Nyte some credit for doing it. It's cheating to actually use them, but sounds like it would be fun to write them.
~Solar~Fire~
+45|6661|Austin, TX
As long as you're spotting enemies that are both A) not already shown on the UAV and B) close to a friendly or flag, thats good. If you're spoting every guy waiting for a jet on the runway at FuShe Pass every 5 seconds, you need to shut up and give our ears a rest.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6802|Singapore

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=32916

We've been through this bullshit before. Spotting > Your stupid whining. If you're a dumbass point fag that just throws 'nades in front of hotel or revive people killed by 'nades, of course its irritating to you. But if you bother flanking the oppoenent, sneaking around etc., you'd definitely be appreciative of the spotting.

BUT Nyte you're a pussy for using a macro Fingers not fast enough?
Trel
+70|6690
A good commander will not spam spot.  But he will spot a lot, as he should, and it may seem like spamming.

If you have a problem with this, you seriously need to quit and go to a K/P server with the other douchebags, and leave people who actually want to play to win alone.
Good to be back.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6765|Toronto, ON

polarbearz wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=32916

We've been through this bullshit before. Spotting > Your stupid whining. If you're a dumbass point fag that just throws 'nades in front of hotel or revive people killed by 'nades, of course its irritating to you. But if you bother flanking the oppoenent, sneaking around etc., you'd definitely be appreciative of the spotting.

BUT Nyte you're a pussy for using a macro Fingers not fast enough?
Rgr.
Alpha as fuck.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6765|Toronto, ON

Nyte wrote:

Watch a clan match on www.fragtv.com and you'll see what I mean.
Sorry, I meant www.fragtv.net

Check out their live broadcasts and see what I mean.
Alpha as fuck.
Wicked97
+5|6539

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Spotting is THE best thing you can do as commander.  If I see a commander who is not spotting, I know he isn't doing his job.  If anyone disagrees with what I just said, read the paragraph on smurfs thats in my sig.
I agree but to a point.

One of the worst things in the world is a commander that repeatedly spots out every goddamn thing all map long.

It just gets flat out annoying.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6719|Antarctica

Wicked97 wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I agree but to a point.

One of the worst things in the world is a commander that repeatedly spots out every goddamn thing all map long.

It just gets flat out annoying.
Of course you don't need to spot the guy times in 3 seconds, but keep spotting them when the icon wears away on the minimap.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6691|Middle of nowhere
i agree with Nyte on this, i mean, WTF is people's problem with spotting? sure it's annoying, but wouldn't you like to know where the fuck that sniper that just pwned you for the 10th time is? or that there is a medic behind your trying to humiliate you with a paddle kill?

come one people!!

sure, tune out the commander, it really doesn't matter.  What matters is that when the commander does that, you can see where the guys are on the mini-map

people who complain just have sensitive ears or something
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6521
That's cool if he is calling out IMPORTANT targets.  It's when they are flooding our speakers and chat bar with information on a bunch of people that have no relevance.  It is absolutely unnecessary to friggin call out every single person on the map and have nothing but that same annoying audio go through our speakers.    You guys take it waaaaay overboard.   Tell us about the guys that will make a difference, not about the people waiting for vehicles behind the lines, or the people who are obviously on the front lines and in the battle, or some idiot sniper hiding in some alley when noone is even close to him. 

Isn't there a friggin "ignore" command?
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6561
My commanding style:

Scan

UAV area of importance

Spot targets of relavance: fast moving dots, probably aircraft or helos, lone isolated dots, probably snipers, infantry advancing on any blue dots.

I don't try to spot everything... That's just overboard, I don't think the boys on the carrier need to know that there's 3 guys camping the tank spawn or something.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6669|Brisbane, Australia

petethecheese wrote:

Macros. Almost cheating, isn't it?  Binding keys to do something the game wasn't designed for=change to the game mechanics=cheating.  Just my penny's worth
Not really, it only crosses the line when its used to violate game mechanics and exploit, eg, making a macro for you to C4 chuck all the time or Dolphin dive, having one to click multiple times is not
T0xicboy
+4|6521|the grim and cold north.
This is why I hate it.

When a commander is constantly doing it is counter productive to the max.
You can’t hear what’s happening around you, people that sneak up to you with knifes or a helo that is incoming, you will in fact not even hear a tank that is right behind you.
You can always see the enemy on the map But let us use all our senses instead of just one, try to play bf2 with no sound, and see how good you are with out be able to hear if the enemy is on your left or right etc etc.

And the communication with your fellow squad members gets a all time low, because you will have to repeat everything you say to them and the same the other way around just because of a commander that doesn’t practice good old fashion military radio discipline.

And if you try to Type the communication to you team instead of using the VOIP, then just forget it. The orders will be gone after 1 sec in the flood of “spotted stuff”.

If you do it on a server with less then 32 players on then it might be ok, it’s not a constantly spotting sound.
But if you do it on a 64-p server, expect a mutiny because what you are doing is similar to what a flashbang grenade does, except that you don’t blind them you just make them “deaf”.

The real question is “What to do if you encounter commanders that SPAM?”
Except quit or mutiny.

Here some hints.

The nice guy (this is what I do)
1. Talk to him/her about it.
2. Spam back with artillery/vehicle/supply drops all over the map for a second or two, it’s only he/she that hears them, and then talk to him/her again.

The jackass (this is what the voice in my head says to me when I get a commander from hell)

1. Whenever you need something from the commander, re-request it the same second that you get the answer “The UAV is not ready”, over and over again. Who knows, it might be ready this hundredth of a second, And if you don’t the commander might forget about you and that you really need it now.

2. Take a buddy with ammo with you and toss a flashbang on your commander each 5:th second, he is bound to stop and realize it’s not fun to play bf2 without sound(and graphics).

/Toxic

Last edited by T0xicboy (2006-07-14 01:46:42)

DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6560|Doncaster, UK

dontfeedthenerd wrote:

My commanding style:

Scan

UAV area of importance

Spot targets of relavance: fast moving dots, probably aircraft or helos, lone isolated dots, probably snipers, infantry advancing on any blue dots.

I don't try to spot everything... That's just overboard, I don't think the boys on the carrier need to know that there's 3 guys camping the tank spawn or something.
Seconded.

I've done the spot everything thing, mainly becasue my PC screwed up and showed everybody as lone-wolf so I couldn't give any specific orders to move to a location etc., and received the complaints. I've also been on the receiving end of the spot spammer and it is seriously distracting checking the mini-map every time to find out it's the enemy on the aircraft carrier being spotted fo the millionth time.

That said, I'd rather have a commander spotting stuff than one sitting on his ass spotting nothing, refusing to drop supplies, and just plain ignoring everyone.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard