dont_be_ss
+312|6617|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

duffry wrote:

Post match sum-up from me to come but first here's the link to watch the cast from the archive...

mms://70.85.137.228/Archive/Archive_20060715.asf8
that links not working
okashii
+34|6552|I'm form Poland and I hate it
mms://70.85.137.228/Archive/Archive_20060715.asf
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6676

dont_be_ss wrote:

duffry wrote:

Post match sum-up from me to come but first here's the link to watch the cast from the archive...

mms://70.85.137.228/Archive/Archive_20060715.asf8
that links not working

removed the 8 at the end
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6863|Cheshire, UK
oops, sorry guys, my vent PTT key is 8
:blush:

Last edited by duffry (2006-07-15 14:17:00)

Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6775|Toronto, ON
There was definitely too many snipers gunning for hotel flag for round 1, and too few snipers defending for round 2 (on Karkand).
Alpha as fuck.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6682|BC, Canada
yeah when attacking the hotel is useless, i was trying to get some people to come to the back with me and even trying to find some good places to hide as a squadleader. but everyone wanted the hotel.
Sheep of War
+40|6666
I wanted to knife Nyte so bad and I was right there...1 less pistol shot and I would have had you. LOL. I did at least get to knife sombody, but can't remember the name. Well anyways I kept getting disconnected, had a start to a decent round but it evidently wasn't the time for my router to work.  Good thing I had a kick ass team to back me up. The chopper chase at the end was the best.

I was hoping that you guys put up a better fight, and after the wednsday practice, we were a little concerned. But a deal is a deal...so we need to come up with a new badge of defeat for the team leader.

A was thinking somthing along the lines of a sniper crouched down with a med pack up the ass and a nice slogan. The only thing is I can't come up with the words for it. Medics...anyone want to chime in?
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6665|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

yeah when attacking the hotel is useless, i was trying to get some people to come to the back with me and even trying to find some good places to hide as a squadleader. but everyone wanted the hotel.
its karkand though..  what do you expect..

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/ticongeroga/1_4kark.gif
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6743|California

okashii wrote:

seriously... that is the worst video ever
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6682|BC, Canada

spawnofthemist wrote:

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

its karkand though..  what do you expect..

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/ … _4kark.gif
i was thinking as much would happen by the way the open training scrim was played.
you can always hope though.
Simon
basically
+838|6681|UK
Im guessing the Medics won..
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6787|d
yea
Defiance
+438|6694

Medic Powa!
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6528|Alabama, United States
I think the correct thing to say would be snipers got stomped into the ground.
something like 600-55 or something like that? (ticket-wise)
Match-wise it was 4-0 Medics-snipers
So guess it just goes to show..... Medics > Snipers?
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6775|Toronto, ON
You know... a Medic team VS a team of any other kits would beat them.

We should have something like Sniper VS Support/Assault/Engineer/AT/SpecOps competitions.

Medic VS <insert kit here> would win all the time for Medics (Maybe... MAYBE Support could stand a chance if they go all out grenade spamming... but I still have hope that Medics would win that match too).

Engineers would probably lose to every kit. AT would probably lose to every kit except for Engineer. Assault would beat every kit except for Medics. SpecOps would beat every kit except for Snipers/Medics/Assault. Snipers would beat every kit except for Medics/Assault.  Trust me.
Alpha as fuck.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6766|London

Simon wrote:

Im guessing the Medics won..
Every match

The Swede: "Oh we got Dauntless shock paddling Dont be ss, he being one of the top snipers"

w00t

But I wasn't on the camera

Frag TV
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6766|London

Nyte wrote:

We should have something like Sniper VS Support/Assault/Engineer/AT/SpecOps competitions.

Medic VS <insert kit here> would win all the time for Medics (Maybe... MAYBE Support could stand a chance if they go all out grenade spamming... but I still have hope that Medics would win that match too).

Engineers would probably lose to every kit. AT would probably lose to every kit except for Engineer. Assault would beat every kit except for Medics. SpecOps would beat every kit except for Snipers/Medics/Assault. Snipers would beat every kit except for Medics/Assault.  Trust me.
Probably, but it would be good to see a Reverse match, where the guys who played sniper switched to medic and vice versa.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6665|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Dauntless wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Probably, but it would be good to see a Reverse match, where the guys who played sniper switched to medic and vice versa.
now THIS is a good idea

i'm commanding the medic team this time.. (the snipers)
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6793|New York
639-55.  Gg :d
l41e
+677|6672

Nyte wrote:

QFT.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6677|USA
Qft?
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6863|Cheshire, UK
http://dmz-gaming.com/demos/MvS/

^^ Game demo files.

We're gonna clean the directory up a bit but need to id the proper match files from the dross.
Defiance
+438|6694

Grassy ass.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6863|Cheshire, UK
http://www.gamestv.org/

Vote this event as match of the week!
Lets see it hit the top spot.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6867|Bryan/College Station, TX
Can't say I was surprised at the outcome. Medics have better weapons for CQ fighting than Snipers. Even with the spaming of claymores Medics simply revive each other. So the ticket bleed will always be more for the snipers who can't save tickets by reviving. Then of course you have the point blank range fighting. All you have is your pistol against the L96 or the G36-E.

Then of course you have the cluster fuck on the Sniper side. Imagine that? You mean an entire team of loners that usually operate alone couldn't work together as a team? Tell me it isn't so!  *sarcasim*

Seriously, it's sad that a match up like this had to be done but simply put Snipers are not as useful as they want to think they are. Sure they are annoying, sure everyone hates running into claymores. But when it comes right down to it, Sniper don't win games they just help a little. Everyone else does the hard work. Cold hard facts.

Now I wouldn't mind seeing a few other match ups.

Spec Ops vs. Medics might be a little more fair. C4 bombs and accurate weapons might help.
Supply vs. Assault would be a pretty good match up.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-07-15 21:25:58)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard