Cerbthehellhound
+0|6510
Everytime i want to play online i get kicked after 5 seconds getting this message afterwards

You have been kicked via punkbuster (for 0 minutes)...
RESTRICTION; inadequate O:S privileges

i tried everything, even deleted the game and reinstalled everything, the game, additions and patches.

anybody an idea how i can solve my little problem
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6546|Valhalla
Have you deleted you profiles in the My Documnets folder? As i hade to do the same this not too long ago and it fixed my problem
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6852|Cologne, Germany

moved to BF2:Help
Cerbthehellhound
+0|6510
so you say i have to delete my profiles in the my documents area?
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6546|Valhalla
Its worth a try as I said i had a Punkbuster problem and i didnt delete my profiles on the first reinstall (BF still wouldnt work) but on the second reinstall i removed everything BF related and it worked fine.
Cerbthehellhound
+0|6510
ok thanks alot man. i'll try it right away. i'll let you know
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6638|UK
This is because Battlfield 2 can only be installed under one OS user. If you installed BF2 with the administrator account and you are now logged in under annother account you will not be able to play BF2

Only the user that installed BF2 can play online with it
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6534|Little blue planet, milky way

liquidat0r wrote:

This is because Battlfield 2 can only be installed under one OS user. If you installed BF2 with the administrator account and you are now logged in under annother account you will not be able to play BF2

Only the user that installed BF2 can play online with it
What he said.. Aboslutely true dude.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6748

Punkbuster wrote:

I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Blocked O/S Privileges"?

Please temporarily disable other security type programs you have running such as anti-virus, process guard, SDProtector, etc. to find out which of them is blocking PB's access to resources on your computer. You either need to run PB without the blocking program(s) or play on non-PB servers. Also make sure you run the game under an Administrator or equivalent account under Windows. If you do have access an admin account, you can right click on the application you want to run and select "Run As". This will allow you to give admin access to that program and should allow you to play with a limited user.
Speelbal
+146|6763|Netherlands
F8ck, I have the same problem. It just happend from the other day on another. I closed all security pogrammes, runned bf2 as an admin account, but still I get the damn message.

Always the same with bf2. Problems, troubles and shit.

Edit:

*Updated Punkbuster. Didn't work.
*Uninstalled recent Security Programmes.(Adaware SE Personal) Didn't work.
*Removed CCleaner. Nope.

Last edited by Speelbal (2006-07-13 07:46:45)

IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6748
Did you do the run as thing? Just right click and choose run as administrator. Thats what I do.
Cerbthehellhound
+0|6510
i tried everything mentioned here, did run as thing, delete everything and reinstall
nothing worked.
i'm afraid i'll have to do format

any other idea's?
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6748
just do a repair. put the windows cd in it will ask you if you want to install or repair. that should fix it. make sure your clear of viruses and malware first.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=32416
smokeflypaper
+0|6503
Can any one tell me wots wrong with my Bf2!!???   Every-time i go in a BF2f Pb server it just freezes & crashes with a the same sound over again. Can sum 1 plz tell me wot i have 2 do to overcome this ?????????
Speelbal
+146|6763|Netherlands
Did any solution help for anyone? I tried a lot, but it didn't work. I thought it did because I didn't get an error message for 5 minutes, but after 5 minutes of playtime I still got kicked for the same reason.

Anyone resolved the problem? And if so, how?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard