CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I didn't realise Palestine had achieved 'country' status. Did that happen in the last few hours?
If they don't want to stand up and form a RL  MEC then Israel and whomever else is concerned has an obligation to kill them anyway. Your insisting Palestine is the rightful owners of that land. Palestine elected Hamas, they are now reaping what they have sown.

CameronPoe wrote:

Every other 'lefty'? That sounds like a bit of a generalisation. I don't hold communist views for a start. I am well aware that others have committed wrongs. I am just choosing to point out the wrongs of Israel. I don't know what the reference to USA is about - given that this thread relates solely to Lebanon/Palestine/Israel.
You also choose to limit your survey of history to the last 100 years. Only people ONLY looking back that far can believe the things you believe.
     I ask you directly; WTF are you expecting Israel to do? Sharia? Brazil? Die?
Hamas lifted their ceasefire with Israel when a Palestinian family on a beach in Gaza were killed by Israeli artillery. Immediately prior to that Hamas were taking tentative steps towards recognising Israel. They broke with previous policy to implicitly recognise Israel without openly going so far as recognising them. That was progress. There is no instant solution to these kind of problems. Look how long it has taken for Northern Ireland to settle down. It's almost as if the Israelis were realising that they might have to engage with Hamas at some point, got stage fright, and stuck a spanner in the works.

In other threads you will see my postings on the more extended history of the Palestine/Israel issue - going back millennia. I'm not going to regurgitate it here.

What I think should be done in this particular situation that has developed now I don't know. All I know is that what is being done is counter-productive. Do you think those soldiers are gonna return to Israel alive?

What I think should be done in general in Israel? Full unconditional withdrawal from Gaza, the West Bank, East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights. Allowing Palestine to form a state with facilities that include seaports, airports and unhindered land connections to neighbouring countries (thus far denied them - basically give them full sovereignty over the territory and its borders). Pay reparations to the millions of refugee Palestinians for having cast them out of their homes (similar to the reparations Germany pays jews). Now if, having given all of this to the Palestinians, they continue to be attacked then I'll endorse whatever military action they choose to take against the aggressors (assuming it is not inhumane or, as is the case here, poorly thought-through and counter-productive).

CameronPoe wrote:

Hamas lifted their ceasefire with Israel when a Palestinian family on a beach in Gaza were killed by Israeli artillery.
Aside from the fact that that hasnt been proven to be an attack by the IDF and Israel denies it was.. Hamas has never conformed to the ceasefire shooting qassam rockets into israel EVERY day.

Your conditions are laughable. Besides the fact is Germany exectued millions of Jews they werent in a power position after ww2 and thats why they pay reparations. The jews are in a power position and all withdrawals have been met with further violence. Israel owes Palestine NOTHING and thats what theyre going to get.
rawls
Banned
+11|6816|California, USA
It is the responsibility of Lebonan to control their own country. That includes the guerillas to the south. Today the prime minister said he planned to move his army to recapture the area currently held by Hezbollah. Isnt it a littlr to late. You know what would be great? If Lebonan asked Israel to help them get rid of Hezbollah. A coalition of Israeli and Lebonese soldiers fighting the guerillas in Lebonan. Hey, it could happen.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6512|Gold Coast
Do you really think that the West will get involved? HELL NO! This stuff has been going on for ages, and the West hasnt got itself involved because

A) Israel got themselves into it, and i'll be damned if im gonna fight with them
B) Israeli land was actually Palestine, untill the aftermath of WWII
C) This is basically about Religion, and that is a sensitive subject that many take offence of if something said wrong.
D) Its gonna go for ages, and Israel is gonna invade every single bloody country it borders
E) There are many Islamic, Muslim, Christian, Jewish people that live in the West. If the US for example aided Israel as an active role, think about the consequences of the opposite religions. Riots, anger, you name it, and vice versa. The US is only aiding Israel because the amount of Jewish people in US outnumbers the other religions in the Middle East ( i think)

This is going to take ages, unless the UN does something about it. Act now before the shit hits the ceiling.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
i disagree with a b c d and e other than that great post
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Hamas lifted their ceasefire with Israel when a Palestinian family on a beach in Gaza were killed by Israeli artillery.
Aside from the fact that that hasnt been proven to be an attack by the IDF and Israel denies it was.. Hamas has never conformed to the ceasefire shooting qassam rockets into israel EVERY day.

Your conditions are laughable. Besides the fact is Germany exectued millions of Jews they werent in a power position after ww2 and thats why they pay reparations. The jews are in a power position and all withdrawals have been met with further violence. Israel owes Palestine NOTHING and thats what theyre going to get.
I don't think Israel will ever do it because they're unrepentant expansionist cunts and it would unfortunately be viewed as rewarding 'terrorism' - I'm just telling you what actions that I would regard as restoring some semblance of justice to that region of the world.

Germany executed jews that is true. Israel drove millions of people from their homes and took their land. I think that deserves reparations. It's what would be the decent thing to do. Oh yeah! Israel isn't a decent country, I forgot. Israel owes Palestine a country.

PS This is all off-topic.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-07-15 18:11:58)

T0rr3nt
+54|6578|Michigan

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

What israel did was very bad and wrong... what they should have done was to cooperate w/ local lebanese police/ military and track down the terrosists and put a bullet in their head.

cameronpoe has a good point
you dont get it, they have asked. the lebanese government has no control nor willing to use force.
dubbs
+105|6633|Lexington, KY

KuSTaV wrote:

B) Israeli land was actually Palestine, untill the aftermath of WWII
Little do you know about history.  Do you know who made Jerusalem what is today?  That is right David the second (third historically) king of Israel.  He chose to move his government to Jerusalem, where Israel then used it as it's capital city until the Babylonians (now Iraq) attacked and took over the city.  The Jews would return to their land after the Persians defeated the people of Babylon.  There the Jews lived until they were defeated by the Greeks, then the Romans.  Around 70 AD when the Romans basically destroyed the nation of Israel for their upraising, the Palestinians have occupied land that was part of the nation of Israel since.  So Israel was just going back to claim what was theirs.

@ the original post, according to CNN, Hezbollah does have some political power in Lebanon.  Also, Lebanese government does nothing to stop this political group from attacking Israel.  This is as if the Green Party in the US attacks Canada.  Canada would hold the US government responsible for the attacks, and would attack the whole US not just the Green Party.

@ the person who said Israel is just wanting land, during the 6 Day War, Israel basically took all of the land on it's borders (and tripled it's size), but during the treaty they gave them back, like Sinai to Egypt, and Golan Heights to Syria.  Also, how quick you are to forget that the Gaza Strip was given to Palestine earlier this year.  Palestine stated that they would stop terrorist attacks if this occurred.  The attacks stop for a short time after that, but not that long.  I have even read that even after Gaza was given to the Palestinians, that their leader stated that there will be no peace until Israel is pushed into the sea.

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

What israel did was very bad and wrong... what they should have done was to cooperate w/ local lebanese police/ military and track down the terrosists and put a bullet in their head.
Ninja, as I stated earlier in this post, the Lebanese government does nothing to stop the Hezbollah.  This type of issue occurred in the past, and the Lebanese government did not do anything then. 

IMO, Israel is getting upset on how they are being treated.  They have meet some of the "requirements" that came up during the "Peace Talks" held at Camp David in the 1990's.  Israel is at least making an effort, but they are getting a bad rep from them defending themselves.  Soon, and probably very soon, Israel is going to have to show the Middle East how strong they are, just like they did in the Six Day War.  Maybe more Middle East countries should follow Egypt this time.

Last edited by dubbs (2006-07-15 18:45:03)

Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6669|Sydney, Australia

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

Im sick of crazy muslims, nuke em all.
The Isralies are jews.

CameronPoe wrote:

I don't think Israel will ever do it because they're unrepentant expansionist cunts
Unrepentant ? yep ..exspansionist cunts eh ? nah.. I'm sure youre aware of them evacuating settlements in the west bank and gaza. How exactly can you be exspansionist while losing land? Of course thier reward for conceding land was some fresh rocket attacks. The Palestinians will never stop thier attack till every Jews is dead or have left Israel to them so dealing with them is not possible. They are incapable of dealing in a civil manner so Israel is currently dealing with them in a manner they understand.

And Israel cannot work with Lebanon to deal with Hezbollah becuase they are intertwined and seeks some of  the same goals. Hezbollah holds 28 seats in the Lebanese parliament so they would hardly oppose theselves.
DVSXXKILLA
+0|6703|Australia
GO ISRAEL!!! i am a lebanese CHRISTIAN Australian and i say go israel... ever since iraq was taken over a massive number of muslims migrated to Lebanon and then when Syria was controlling Lebanon even more muslims moved in. Now they run the country and are doign a pretty hopeless job too. Lebanon was the envy of all the Arab countries now its a hiding place for nearly every arab terrorist network in the world. I say bomb Lebanon, the muslims breed like rabbits and take it over so frankly i coudnt care less. AUSTRALIA IS MY HOME and i wont let them take it from me!!
Volatile
+252|6705|Sextupling in Empire

Any government that harbors terrorism is the enemy, and should be delt with in a corresponding manner.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

DVSXXKILLA wrote:

GO ISRAEL!!! i am a lebanese CHRISTIAN Australian and i say go israel... ever since iraq was taken over a massive number of muslims migrated to Lebanon and then when Syria was controlling Lebanon even more muslims moved in. Now they run the country and are doign a pretty hopeless job too. Lebanon was the envy of all the Arab countries now its a hiding place for nearly every arab terrorist network in the world. I say bomb Lebanon, the muslims breed like rabbits and take it over so frankly i coudnt care less. AUSTRALIA IS MY HOME and i wont let them take it from me!!
Gee, er, taking a history lesson would be nice.

You say there was an influx into Lebanon of muslims - but they were already Muslim!

It's kinda hard to do the job of running a country when you have no infrastructure whatsoever.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I don't think Israel will ever do it because they're unrepentant expansionist cunts
Unrepentant ? yep ..exspansionist cunts eh ? nah.. I'm sure youre aware of them evacuating settlements in the west bank and gaza. How exactly can you be exspansionist while losing land? Of course thier reward for conceding land was some fresh rocket attacks. The Palestinians will never stop thier attack till every Jews is dead or have left Israel to them so dealing with them is not possible. They are incapable of dealing in a civil manner so Israel is currently dealing with them in a manner they understand.

And Israel cannot work with Lebanon to deal with Hezbollah becuase they are intertwined and seeks some of  the same goals. Hezbollah holds 28 seats in the Lebanese parliament so they would hardly oppose theselves.
I think Ariel Sharon's comments that the West Bank settlements of Ariel and Ma'ale Adumim would be eternally inseperable parts of the state of Israel, not to mention East Jerusalem, would make Israel expansionist. They also happen to occupy the Golan Heights - Syrian territory - and are settling that as we speak. Also - try taking a look at the wall they are building - INSIDE the West Bank - effectively annexing another large chunk of Palestinian land.

https://www.palestinemonitor.org/maps/segregation_wall_west_bank.jpg

I think the Oslo accords and Camp David peace agreements show that the Palestinians have been capable of civil negotiations in the past which would suggest theycould again in the future at some point. You seem to be viewing the Palestinians through some warped stereotyping prism. Arabs are human being just like you and me. They're actually very well informed on global affairs and more secular than most other arabs (the ones I met when I was there anyway).

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-07-15 18:49:21)

DVSXXKILLA
+0|6703|Australia
what you mean they were already muslim..... if you look back into the early years of Lebanon orthodox and christianity dominated. So what are you on about
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6797|Barrington, RI

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Any government that harbors terrorism is the enemy, and should be delt with in a corresponding manner.
I couldn't agree more
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Wasn't Timothy McVeigh from America? Bomb USA to make sure there aren't any more terrorists there, eh?
dubbs
+105|6633|Lexington, KY

CameronPoe wrote:

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Wasn't Timothy McVeigh from America? Bomb USA to make sure there aren't any more terrorists there, eh?
We also gave Timothy the electric chair.  Another point is that Timothy was in a ring of two people, and was trained by other terrorist in the Pacific islands.  We would also have to attack Ireland/United Kingdom because of the PIRA

Squirrel should have better stated his statement by saying:

Any government that harbors terrorism, and does not take a stand to destory their networks, is the enemy, and should be delt with in a corresponding manner.

Last edited by dubbs (2006-07-15 19:25:25)

~WPN~ Magnum_Fire
+1|6553
How can you walk around with that tag under your name "Fair and Balanced"    while your more biased to the palestinian and muslim screw balls?

sounds kinda hypocritical,  but then again the whole islam thing is. I'm glad Israel is fighting  its about damn time they did too,  they gave back Gaza to the palestinian or "Syrians"   and then what happened? they screwed Israel over by moving up HAMAS closer to Israel and only caused more trouble and now Israel is taking it back and going for some extra chump change by taking out Hezbollah.

Not to mention Iran is getting or trying to get more involved  that ugly sob  is saying that its an attack on all muslims,  we have been attacking for about 5 years now and Israel is getting in on the fight,  id dare him to use nukes, Israel  and the U.S.  have some  of the best anti ballistic missile defenses and retaliation plans >
Sgt.Zubie
+77|6577
The land and Jerusalem belongs to the Isrealites(Jews). God gave it to them. The Arabs should go back to thier own countries, where they were before the Romans came and destroyed Jerusalem. There were some scatterd tribes in the land before God led his people there, but the Isrealites with God's awesome power defeated them.

CameronPoe you nor any other athiest can convince me otherwise so don't waste your time. I'm sure you think I am an idiot...and rest assured I think the same of you when it comes to this topic. Otherwise in the ways of the world and buisness you seem very intelligent.

Do I think Isreal is being heavyhanded? tough guestion to answer...but what else can they do faced with an enemy that seeks there total destruction. No matter if they did the things you suggested. The muslim extremeist would still seek to kill them all and they would be in even a weaker position to defend themselves.
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6530|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

Sgt.Zubie wrote:

The land and Jerusalem belongs to the Isrealites(Jews). God gave it to them. The Arabs should go back to thier own countries, where they were before the Romans came and destroyed Jerusalem. There were some scatterd tribes in the land before God led his people there, but the Isrealites with God's awesome power defeated them.
Yeah? Well i talked to God the other day and he told me that I was entitled to half of Australia.

This is the 21st century, saying that "we deserve this land because god said so" doesn't stick anymore, its time to move on from unwavering religious belieft and learn about co-existance. And saying that Palestine and Israel should go back to how it was 2000 years ago is utterly ridiculous.
Sgt.Zubie
+77|6577

TeamZephyr wrote:

Sgt.Zubie wrote:

Yeah? Well i talked to God the other day and he told me that I was entitled to half of Australia.

This is the 21st century, saying that "we deserve this land because god said so" doesn't stick anymore, its time to move on from unwavering religious belieft and learn about co-existance. And saying that Palestine and Israel should go back to how it was 2000 years ago is utterly ridiculous.
I told you don't waste your time mate...God's way is always relevant. We will have to agree to disagree on this.

CAmeronPoe wrote:

I think Ariel Sharon's comments that the West Bank settlements of Ariel and Ma'ale Adumim would be eternally inseperable parts of the state of Israel, not to mention East Jerusalem, would make Israel expansionist. They also happen to occupy the Golan Heights - Syrian territory - and are settling that as we speak. Also - try taking a look at the wall they are building - INSIDE the West Bank - effectively annexing another large chunk of Palestinian land.
Then blame Egypt and Jordan for not making proper demarcation lines during 1948-1967. The Egyptian-Jordanian agreement after then war in 1948 says

The Armistice Demarcation Line is not to be construed in any sense as a political or territorial boundary, and is delineated without prejudice to rights, claims and positions of either Party to the Armistice as regards ultimate settlement of the Palestine question
This agreement was nullified after Egypt and Jordan attacked Israel in 1967.

The blue line in the north is currently the only wall that actually exists. Even that much of the wall is disputed by the Israeli courts. However the red line DOES NOT exist and it is certain that it will be altered. Israel is simply trying to incorporate settlements. That being said they are not enforcing permanent borders they are just not cutting off around 300,000 Israelis from their protection. These lands are 100% Jewish populated  These settlements were made in 1967 as strategically defense outposts to defend from what they perceive as a perpetual conflict. Although some like Hebron are certainly religiously influenced they are previous Jewish settlements abandoned due to Arab violence.

These lines are not land grabs they are protecting land they have already settled. They never agreed to adhere to the green line after 1967 They formally took the Golan heights in 1981. Hamas even refuses to agree to the green line so had they built the wall strictly inside Israel Hamas would STILL attack them. Hamas' real issue is that Israel exists and until every Jew is dead Hamas will attempt to kill them.

These walls don't "isolate" Palestinians inside Israel it incorporates Jewish settlements. The green line was destroyed in 1967 when Jordan Syria Iraq and Egypt decided to try to kill off the Jews. Instead of focusing on events that have already transpired in 1967 I'd stick to whats happened in the last 20 years, thats concession by Israel evacuating settlements and handing over control to Palestine. What concessions has Palestine made? They agreed not to try and kill them ...and they lied.

Some of the wall has already been rerouted in 2004 to not incorporate Palestinians. Its also in Israeli legislation, partially due to US pressure, that they will reroute more of the approved wall not built yet and possibly evacuate more settlements.

Your map is 3 years old and is different now and its in relation to a line that was drawn in 1948 60 years ago and basically dissolved in 1967 40 years ago. Point being they made settlements in 1967 and from 1990 to present thats changed.

Last edited by ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ (2006-07-15 22:35:53)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Sgt.Zubie wrote:

CameronPoe you nor any other athiest can convince me otherwise so don't waste your time. I'm sure you think I am an idiot...and rest assured I think the same of you when it comes to this topic. Otherwise in the ways of the world and buisness you seem very intelligent.

Do I think Isreal is being heavyhanded? tough guestion to answer...but what else can they do faced with an enemy that seeks there total destruction. No matter if they did the things you suggested. The muslim extremeist would still seek to kill them all and they would be in even a weaker position to defend themselves.
actually the israelites defeated the philistines during the exodus from egypt.  the philistines were there before......

im pro-israeli

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-07-15 22:35:28)

Sgt.Zubie
+77|6577

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Sgt.Zubie wrote:

actually the israelites defeated the philistines during the exodus from egypt.  the philistines were there before......

im pro-israeli
Correct me by all means if I'm wrong...but I believe they were fighting with the philistines after they inhabited the land. The philistines were making raids on them like when the army came aginst them while Saul was king and David killed Goliath.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard