revolution.inc
Pass
+35|6789|Phoenix, Az
Yeah, I played CS too. I played CAL-o season 12. Our team [a] 5 | finished the season will 5th place... That was good seeing how there are 100+ clans signed up for CAL. I quit because there were to many cheaters/hackers. Valves anti Cheat (VAC) didnt work for nothing. They never put many work into it. I'd say about 30 % of all players hacked, It was so easy getting them too.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6770|Toronto, ON
CAL-i Seasons 3-9

Clan 3Bears and X3

[3Bears]*BEAST* and X3|Arcum
Alpha as fuck.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6838

OUROBOROS wrote:

lol WTF? have actually played CS?

CS is one of the games with the least randomness if you didnt know. games usually fall in to the perfect shot catagory or plain random catagory. CS was in the middle and that why it was so well received.

etc etc.....
sorry, but CS ballistics are random, end of story.

for a detailed [and factual] analysis of CS weapons behavior, visit the following link. it's very long, so you may want to skip ahead to the weapons section. even though it was written about CS 1.4, the weapon behavior has not changed in any significant way. if you still think CS weapons aren't random after reading this, you get a cookie.

http://www.summerblue.net/games/cs_report/
OUROBOROS
+0|6776

Krappyappy wrote:

OUROBOROS wrote:

lol WTF? have actually played CS?

CS is one of the games with the least randomness if you didnt know. games usually fall in to the perfect shot catagory or plain random catagory. CS was in the middle and that why it was so well received.

etc etc.....
sorry, but CS ballistics are random, end of story.

for a detailed [and factual] analysis of CS weapons behavior, visit the following link. it's very long, so you may want to skip ahead to the weapons section. even though it was written about CS 1.4, the weapon behavior has not changed in any significant way. if you still think CS weapons aren't random after reading this, you get a cookie.

http://www.summerblue.net/games/cs_report/
lol 1.3 summer blue old news its not even the 1.4 report. yes CS is broken a lot, but you dont depend on broken things to be broken. you depend on what works.

you dont need a bullet to travel in the exact place every time. if the bullet can deviate a degree, all you have to do is make sure that that area is on your target. like the shot gun. absolutely random pellet distribution. im not gonna depend on one of the pellets to always be exactly the bottom or top  most pellet to aim with. i just make sure the head is in the kill zone. same concept just bullets come out sequentially.

and yes the game changes with every patch if you cant tell the difference between each then you dont know what,how, or why changed. make all the excuses you want. theres people who know the game and they can do some amazing things because of that. if you need to convince yourself it because of the flaws the game. realize then at that also applys to all the other players out there. it doesnt change the fact that we all have to deal with it too, not just you. its still called learning the game.

and i think youre making the common misconception between accuracy and precision
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6838
games are competitions within a set of rules. anyone can get good at any game if they play it enough, that doesn't mean the rules were well designed. i'm aware that people can get really good at CS. so what? the weapons behavior is still shitty.

i like to play games where you have to aim your crosshairs at the enemy to score a hit. apparently you like to aim with an 'area of probable hit.' you even said it yourself, CS weapons are like shotguns. well, i like my rifles to behave like rifles, not shotguns that fire a single bullet at a time. that's pure ballistics crap if you ask me, but if you like it then by all means keep playing it.

i played all the versions of CS, and read the change logs. they haven't made any significant change to the ballistics model in a long time - that's a core part of the CS style of gameplay. i know the difference between accuracy and precision - CS weapons don't have either. they don't hit where you're aiming, and do not miss in the same manner consistently.

i'm amused at your implications that i must suck at CS. it's also amusing that you apparently think that has something to do with my points. anyway, you don't get the cookie, because you've proved my point that CS ballistics are random.

OUROBOROS wrote:

CS is one of the games with the least randomness if you didnt know.

OUROBOROS wrote:

absolutely random pellet distribution. im not gonna depend on one of the pellets to always be exactly the bottom or top  most pellet to aim with.
way to stick to your guns there, champ.

Last edited by Krappyappy (2005-11-27 20:15:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard