ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
It wasn't for oil. It wasn't for WMD's. It wasn't for  9-11 although our fumbling leaders have cited all of those things.

A free people are a happy people. Happy people don't go around blowing themselves up and flying passenger jets into buildings.

The idea was, if we assist the people in Iraq gain their freedom, the other oppressed peoples in the region would look at them and demand their own freedom. It needed a sales pitch and our guys picked some duds as selling points. I don't think the world would have looked kindly on our invasion if it was just about freedom. The President took a gamble on the WMD thing and it obviously hasn't panned out like we thought it would.

Despite all this the cause remains a noble one.
     What would have happened to the Kurds if we hadn't protected them? Mass murder is what WAS happening. If we abandoned the Kurds in Iraq now they will be slaughtered by the Turks. Look for them to be the first to invade when we pull out, I'm calling it now.

The palestinians have had in rough but they've been mislead by this evil bunch into hating the West and Israel.

I believe we fight to share the gift of liberty.

So that people like this will have a chance at a decent life. Don't tell me she doesn't want a decent life.
     https://i6.tinypic.com/1zme8o3.jpg
I bet a lot of you wish you could leave me negative karma right now.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715
to tell suddam to fuck off, thats what i think imo. its like why was the US in mogdishu...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ATG
Banned
We were in Somalia because warlords were hording food and letting the people starve.
We bailed when we realized what a blood bath it was going to be.
Thanks for piping in master.
Mike_J
+68|6668
you'd be surprised if you found out how many other places we are and have been in.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

We were in Somalia because warlords were hording food and letting the people starve.
and we'll be back there soon enough.
ATG
Banned
Sir yes sir!
I met a guy on a jobsite once who was with the rangers in the mog. He was part of the rescue convoy of hummers that went to the blackhawk site. He said that the outside of the hummer had to be hosed off because the Skinnies just wouldn't get out of the way, and they weren't stopping for nothing.
     There was an estimated 1100 somalis killed in that battle with an estimated 3500 wounded compared to our 18 dead and 75 or so wounded.
Carnage, blood bath. I wouldn't wanna be there.

Last edited by Alexanderthegrape (2006-07-10 19:47:58)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

and we'll be back there soon enough.
yeah if they piss off the US again. btw when are u going to iraq again? or are u honourly discharged?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
I dont wanna butcher it, but there is a Chinese expression, a curse actually. 

May you live in interesting times

I feel that we are on the verge of living in a very interesting time in the world right now.  My opinion. I believe you could say we're in the 1930's all over again and within the next few years world history will reach another crossroad.  I meand HOLY FUCKING SHIT this shit is happening right in front of us, this isnt a test of idealogies and nationalism like the last "world war"  no red threat here.  just conflicting interests.  I really honestly think that we have passed a point of no return with this recent escalation of violence and military action throughout the world.  I just dont see everything going back to the way things were prior to 2000 for a very long time.

EDIT

I was honorably discharged last august and I joined the Army reserve last week.  The process is a lot easier since Im prior service.  All im doing is waiting for my orders in the mail.  My unit is going back to Iraq sometime next year but I still gotta hit up fort bragg for my new MOS training.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-07-10 19:54:36)

ATG
Banned
Sadly, I agree.
Rivers of blood will have to flow before this is over.
Hopefully theirs, not ours.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Sadly, I agree.
well at least the politicions learned their lesson when they get too involved in war... kinda like vietnam..
ATG
Banned
Your not ridiculous.
Just religious. Thats crazy!https://i6.tinypic.com/1zmjck4.gif
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
its feeling like late 2002 early 2003 all over again
rootbeer73
+24|6584|in a small dark place
religion-- the start of all wars
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
human beings -- the start of all wars
Capt. Foley
+155|6586|Allentown, PA, USA
Ive tried to find something that says this is fake, Im amazed it hasnt been shown more, if you can find something that proves this is wrong. I will belive you. Scary shit: http://www.geocities.com/testament1212/ … nstUS.html
Mike_J
+68|6668

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Your not ridiculous.
Just religious. Thats crazy!http://i6.tinypic.com/1zmjck4.gif
lol.

oh foley, just glimpsed at your link.  not so sure about them "running out of living space."  i mean, the majority of their population lives along the coast in city areas.  a big chunk of their country is uninhabited.  in actuality i think they'll just have to spread out there more.

Last edited by Mike_J (2006-07-11 10:00:28)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
I wouldnt worry about china right now, we got MAD with them (Mutually Assured DOLLARS)  India will become a HUGE powerhouse in about 50 years and they love their democracy.  I think that will keep China in balance.  but then again, im just a dumb private.
Capt. Foley

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I wouldnt worry about china right now, we got MAD with them (Mutually Assured DOLLARS)  India will become a HUGE powerhouse in about 50 years and they love their democracy.  I think that will keep China in balance.  but then again, im just a dumb private.
Thats what the article is about, they are going to keep up the alliance with us for 5-10 years and keep getting the money out of us(kinda) and then attack the US, Canada, and Australia because they need more growing room. And the scary part is the guy thinks that as long as they dont use nukes we wont use nukes. But he thinks that biological weapons are ok to use to kill of the US population. The reason the article got released is because the guy that leaked it feared for China.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
yeah, but put this into perspective. 

Everybody in china is in the PLA (not really, but you know) so I would consider his comments along the lines of Pat Robertson suggesting we assasinate Hugo Chavez.
Capt. Foley
I know who Chavez is, he was in the Jack Ryan Series. But I never got to finish them. I'm on "Sum of All Fears" now. But who is Pat Robertson. I don't exactly understand what you mean by that example. But I do understand what you mean about the PLA, its kinda like the Japanese would of been if we had invaded there home islands.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6526|Portland, OR USA

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Sadly, I agree.
Rivers of blood have always flown, especially in the middle east.  Sadly I doubt it will ever stop, certainly not in our lifetime, and not while we remain at the top of our food chain.  Same Malthusian Theory and population control bit I've gone on about before.
alpinestar
+304|6595|New York City baby.
Americans have intrest in oil and for as long as there is no stable government in IRAQ they cannot have total control over it, it is as simple as that. I think any sane person can agree on this
But yes religion plays a role too

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … rd+dawkins

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-07-10 20:38:22)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
so far I think the govt  in Iraq is pretty stable, but that could change tomorrow morning.  I like Al-Maliki,  it seems like the Iraqis got somebody with some balls to lead em.  but hey,  shit changes over night there.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642

Capt. Foley wrote:

I know who Chavez is, he was in the Jack Ryan Series. But I never got to finish them. I'm on "Sum of All Fears" now. But who is Pat Robertson. I don't exactly understand what you mean by that example. But I do understand what you mean about the PLA, its kinda like the Japanese would of been if we had invaded there home islands.
wanna get some good reading going? get any book by Robert Baer, as soon as you can, trust me trust me trust me.  Leaves Tom Clancy in the dust and hes just starting his career as a writer.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-07-10 20:39:16)

Mike_J
+68|6668
Thought it was kind of funny how the author of the speech claimed that the "yellow people" in the US have a poor social status and must be liberated.  Many Asians in the US live lives far better than they would be in their respective Asian countries.  Also thought it was awkward how the author noted if Japan had won WWII, that all of Asia and the West would be under wise, oriental rule.  I've never known a Chinese person that would credit Japan.  For the most part, they've always hated Japan and still do.  They still hold protests and demand war reparations from WWII and I even have an uncle denied entrance to China because he's Japanese.  The day a hardcore, Chinese person with government connections praises Japan for anything...well, that'd definatly be some sort of Twilight Zone occurance.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard