Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6647|Washington, DC

My joystick (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) has kinda died off... the sensors or something in it don't detect the stick being pulled back all the way and my computer keeps detecting it as ruddering to the left even when i don't touch the stick.

Budget: Something cheap, AKA not a Saitek X52 (unless you can find me a deal for one at like... 30 bucks). Right now I use keyboard and mouse (G7). The mouse lets me fly very well, i can make precise shots and bank pretty well, but run out of space. If there's a joystick that can perform as well or outperform my mouse, let's see it (within a reasonable price of course).
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6614|Seattle

I use an old Logitech Force Feedback joystick. Works like a champ. I've never tried any others however so I don't have much to compare it to.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6813|Barrington, RI
just take the free option and have logitech replace it.
Hurricane
Banned

They can't. It's past warranty. But what the hell, I like the stick and it's not that expensive. I'll buy another one.
Hurricane
Banned

Also, it would be great if someone could reccomend me a throttle (i find putting two hands on one stick very cumbersome).
flipgee
+0|6532
im pretty happy with my saitek x 52 ...the rudder being a twist of the stick is a little hard to get used to but i love having a throttle
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6734|Riva, MD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6826102507 for the Saitek X52.  It even has a clock in it, something BF2 lacks completely.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6734|Riva, MD
Then there's the other one by Saitek but it's only one stick: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6826102503
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6574|Oslo, Norway
If you're a girl, you can play with my joystick..?

;P
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2. If you can find one for sale, get one. I swear by them.
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6612|Ohio, USA
try searching for this, there have been about 10 threads on this (at least) already.  As j5689 recommended I also have the CYBORGEVO and love it.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6563|Doncaster, UK

-Solv3r- wrote:

;P
And if you need to ask for it on the internet I pity you.
T4rd
+44|6693|West Point, NY

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

-Solv3r- wrote:

;P
And if you need to ask for it on the internet I pity you.
QFE
lettuce
site lurkerer
+26|6660|cheshire u.k
as has been said already,cyborg evo is damn'ed nifty.
Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6613|Bellmawr, NJ, US

lettuce wrote:

as has been said already,cyborg evo is damn'ed nifty.
I have one too.  Love it.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6753|Salt Lake City

I also agree on the Cyborg Evo.  I also own the Logitech, and like you, I and many others have had issues with the calibration of that stick.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6510|N. Ireland
I have the Saitek Cyborg 3D Rumble Joystick - got it for 1.04 on eBay (hahaa) and it was 3.00 postage, but when it came it said postage was 5.69! so the seller made a loss on money and lost a joystick loool.

Let me tell you, the joystick ROCKS.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6614|Seattle

ok, now I have something to compare with. I just got a joystick from a buddy that I've been trying out. The Saitek Cyborg evo gheystick. The force feedback is soooooo much better IMO. For one, the cyborg has that spring which is totally ghey and does not feel right, and two, it's way too light. You have to hold the damn thing down with your left hand or it just flops around in a dogfight. Also the buttons are just uncomfortable and awkward. My sidewinder has a heavy base and the force feedback is the shiat. The helicopter feels like you're flying a helicopter,  it's smooth and responsive. There really is no comparison, the sidewinder rulez, cyborg drulez.

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-07-18 12:07:00)

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6753|Salt Lake City

King_County_Downy wrote:

ok, now I have something to compare with. I just got a joystick from a buddy that I've been trying out. The Saitek Cyborg evo gheystick. The force feedback is soooooo much better IMO. For one, the cyborg has that spring which is totally ghey and does not feel right, and two, it's way too light. You have to hold the damn thing down with your left hand or it just flops around in a dogfight. Also the buttons are just uncomfortable and awkward. My sidewinder has a heavy base and the force feedback is the shiat. The helicopter feels like you're flying a helicopter,  it's smooth and responsive. There really is no comparison, the sidewinder rulez, cyborg drulez.
The Cyborg buttons and grip are adjustable to accommodate different hand sizes and preferences.  Yes, it is a little light, but anymore it seems like most joysticks are.

As for the Sidewinder, yes it is good stick, even the non-feedback sticks.  However, it has been pointed out several times that the Sidewinder is a discontinued product.  I still have mine and still use it, but it's not a valid recommendation for some one that needs to buy a new one.
Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6613|Bellmawr, NJ, US
Duct tape a dumb bell to the bottom of it.  Problem solved.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6846|Grapevine, TX

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

They can't. It's past warranty. But what the hell, I like the stick and it's not that expensive. I'll buy another one.
Ditto, mine just went out, I need a replacement, price no object, SO what is the best joystick?
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6846|Grapevine, TX
Does anyone use a Saitec X52? What about the pedals? Anyone heard of using them?
LT.Victim
+1,175|6580|British Columbia, Canada
I've got the same stick as you..

I'm kind hoping mine goes out, i want a X-52..
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6858
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6826102503 I got one of these.
Probally the best of the cheaper and better than some of the higher priced ones.
The evo is the best of the best other than the pricier Saitek sticks.

Last edited by A-Unit64 (2006-09-24 21:06:06)

R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6503|Melbourne

I use a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro (the one with FF) and i say it beats any other joystick i have used, the wide Base makes it Comphy in your lap, then buttons are in a good spot, and it doesn't have a spring.  Springed joysticks lead to uncontrollable drift your plane moving in certain directions with out u touching it.  a normal joy stick would just let the plane gradually drift down.

Its 120$ AU
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard