ARCUK73
+9|6599|UK
I am so sick to the max of seeing message's in game of from one player to another flaming them as beeing a nOOb...

Come on!! grow up, play and just enjoy the game.......

every one is entitled to play new or old!! so just get on with it....

Its just pathetic!!!!!
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6589|Doncaster, UK
nOOb

Sorry, couldn't resist!
ARCUK73
+9|6599|UK

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

nOOb

Sorry, couldn't resist!
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6584|Doncaster UK
haha doc said nOOb hahahahaha
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6589|Doncaster, UK
On topic though, I couldn't agree more but at the end of the day, it's a game. Just ignore them!

I can't actually remember the last time I actually looked at the stuff getting typed, I'm too busy being crap and getting raped.
ARCUK73
+9|6599|UK

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

On topic though, I couldn't agree more but at the end of the day, it's a game. Just ignore them!

I can't actually remember the last time I actually looked at the stuff getting typed, I'm too busy being crap and getting raped.
I try to take note what is going on, at times yea i miss it because im in the thick of the action.. i have just seen it alot this weekend for some reason...

Last edited by ARCUK73 (2006-07-10 06:02:50)

mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6584|Doncaster UK
on alot of the servers the word noob is a banned  if you say it you get kicked for swearing
TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6671|Muenster, Germany
haha mavrick said, that doc said "nOOb" hahaha

but in fact i agree with, what doc said last.
snoogy_beef
Jim Beam is my water...
+8|6671|Gold Coast, Australia

ARCUK73 wrote:

I am so sick to the max of seeing message's in game of from one player to another flaming them as beeing a nOOb...

Come on!! grow up, play and just enjoy the game......

Its just pathetic!!!!!
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6634|Scarborough Yorkshire England

ARCUK73 wrote:

Its just pathetic!!!!!
HEAR HEAR
K1OVERDOSE
+2|6695

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Good point on NOT paying attention on the Message Board.  Sometimes I'll glance up at the end of a round and see cool stuff like, "good game guys" this let's me know I wasn't the only one having fun and sometimes I see the most ridiculous crap (i.e. RaMMiNg wHorE, Yuo sUCk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.) <-- this guy obviously isn't having a good game. lol..!!
  Play, kill, and be killed.  If you want to chit-chat all day go to My Space and talk to all the crap you want.  I'm pretty sure they won't mind a conversation or 20 over there.

See you on the Battlefield!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6575|Doncaster - UK
i do use it in a friendly way, to people i know, if they do something stupid. (doc and mav:))
Or call myself a noob if i drive over a mine, or cant hit shit in a round.

But now everyone seems to use it as a mild swear word, perhaps they meant to type it with one 'o' missing.
It is getting very tired, but they will start using a new word soon enough.

Read the forums, its full of "you like x, thats so stupid, your a noob". 
WTF? oh you like pie, your a noob.  IDIOTS
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6573|Boston, MA
I completely agree, it's just stupid, if they're "n00bs," it just means easier kills. The only annoying thing is the word n00b. Nobody wants to be reminded of their Counter-Strike days... *shudders*
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6589|Doncaster, UK
We're all noobs in some way.

The retards who call people noobs on BF2 because "they is uber1337" *cough* BOLLOCKS *cough* have spent so much time on BF2 that they are noobs at life.

Go get some sun pasty!
Sambuccashake
+126|6653|Sweden
I loathe the very "word" itself.
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6753|Groningen / Netherlands
do we all know the meaning of noob, i mean people use it to insult but its not an insulting word (not to me anyway)
ARCUK73
+9|6599|UK
Interesting comments guys, thanks for the input..

I don't tend to chat myself in game other than to warn players of anything that may help them out. in the same way this is why i try to keep an eye on it as sometimes others do the same.. problem usually you get killed for sitting around!! hahaha

And yes in some respects we are all nOObs.. and yea i know what you mean about people claiming ramming... its all the same mind set if you ask me.. and yes you could comment on their life skills based on their time in game? how do people find the time?? but each to their own.. I'm not going to give someone attitude because they are on line 24/7 fair play to them and as long as they are enjoying their life then their is no harm in it.. far worse things they could be doing.. i think it would just e nice to play a round with no petty name calling or the other crap that comes with playing on line like people punishing for a team kill that is their own fault.. or waiting around for a jet and not really putting anything into the game because they spend half the time waiting on the runway..

I was on line last night with a guy last night on warlord. he was C4'ing up quads and taking out tanks.. he must have killed me no end.. i killed him a few times as well.. was chatting to him and he was going for expert C4 badge and got it.. allot of people were complaining about him and it was annoying.. thing is he was nothing but polite and nuff respect to him! ok i did not get my c4 badges this way and probley will not.. i use clays which others complain about but! they are options in the game use em to your advantage.. but the petty name calling keep it out.. if you don't like the people your playing with find another server..

For the record.. i see anyone on our server name calling from this day fourth! warning then kick.. stop whining and start fighting or i will find someone who can soldier..

Rant over..

Last edited by ARCUK73 (2006-07-10 10:42:25)

Sandskink
+19|6669|In your moms BUSHland
can I add more to the list?  Such as...... pwnt, owned, leet(133t), haxor, roxor, nub, tard, teh....anyone else?
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6589|Doncaster, UK
Yes, your goddamn sig, that's hideous!
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6748|Antarctica
I like calling .5 K/D ratio ppl nOOb
ARCUK73
+9|6599|UK

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I like calling .5 K/D ratio ppl nOOb
bovvered! really!! i play i enjoy.. thats what matters in my opinion.. their are thousands of better players than me... and others are worse.. who cares.. play the game get on with it and enjoy.. leave the petty playground talk for the play ground..

im surprised it took somone this long to come back shoving stats in my face! good work for holding out.. but then lets face it... you probley only just stumbled across the thread and did'nt actually hold back... and this is all i ask in game.. rise above it!

And look at the hours you have played... who cares you enjoy it.. but lets face it.. the more hours you put in the more experienced you are going to be.. it dont make me a nOOb though.. it just makes you a child for saying it in my opinion..

Try rising above it.....................
PCShooterNoob
+22|6582|Florida
Aha, well, noob is in my name.  But that's because before Battlefield 2, I'd never really played a PC shooter.  I don't mind when the word noob is actually applicable...noob = newbie = someone who's new to something and thus probably not that good at it.  But you're right, it's obnoxious as shit that people now use it to describe any and everything they don't like.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6762|California

i replaced "noob" with "fucking piece of shit" long ago
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6701|BC, Canada
i dont believe that there was ever a lamer word created
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6633|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

ARCUK73 wrote:

Its just pathetic!!!!!
K, noob.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard