Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6598|Greenwood, IN
Well, after struggiling for the past 2 years in and out of different colleges and not knowing what I wanted to do  i've decided to join the army.  I think it would be the best option for me considering that I don't like school that much but would rather have someone tell me what to do I guess.  I was acually going to join the Navy 2 years ago right out of high school but got side tracked with a family lose and a near lose.  I've been running for the past week a mile a day pushing my self harder and harder and so far its paided off.  I've have lost almost 15lbs just from running and being on a diet  and I hope to meet my goal of around 100lbs in around 2-3 months.  Although my reasons for join the army are fairly simple but they will have a lasting effect for the rest of my life and I feel really good about the decision.  But, if this sounds weird or not I don't care but I would like to post a log of my weight lose and such I will go through to get to be were I want.  I also have never had such desire to do something like this in my entire life and I want to make something of it.  I want to server my country and say that I have done that and not just "leech" as a citizen.

Weight Lose Log

Current Height: 6' 4"
Starting Weight: 326LBs

----- Week 1 -----
Weight Lose: 13LBs
Miles Ran: 5 Miles
Ending Weight: 313

----- Week 2 -----
Weight Lose: 10LBs
Miles Ran: 4 Miles
Current Weight: 303LBs

----- Week 3,4,5,6 -----
Weight Lose: 7LBs
Miles Ran: 5 Miles
Current Weight: 296LBs

Last Updated: 8/30/2006

- Brizzzer

P.S. The more I spread the word the more I have the motivation to do it. 

Last edited by Brizzzer (2006-08-30 20:22:13)

carty8
30-round burst expert
+7|6611|Indiana, USA
As a fellow Hoosier, I wish you all the best.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6690

Good luck on your endeavor!
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6693|Australia
Good luck dude
I can see why you don't like school couple of errors in there
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6598|Greenwood, IN
I've always have had bad english.  Even back in the day of middle school were it was easy as hell.  But, anyways I plan on stepping it up to running twice a day at a mile each time I run.  I figure if I push really hard I can lose the weight and then work on my toning.
4_Phucsache
Property of BF2s©
+112|6574|Brisbane Australia
Congarats on making a decision mate. I know the Australian Army changed my life

Good luck with your endeavours.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6677|Hell's prison
Good luck brother, serve hard and serve well.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6560|Mountains of NC

along with running, don't forget pushups and situps

what type of MOS [job] are you looking for in the ARMY

a good way to build up your stamina is sprint for long distance and jog on short distance - ex. oval track sprint the long stretches and when you get into the turns jog them - 4 laps is one mile

good luck and keep up the motivation
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6693|Australia
A great to build lung capacity is to Sprint 100m (not sure how many yards) then 30 sec break. Sprint another 100m then 30 sec break. Start off with 10 times and then increase as your fitness increases.
Capt. Foley
+155|6580|Allentown, PA, USA
Congrats man, Im hoping I get more motivated and more interested in school before I finish High School. I would like to go to collage before joining the Military but I might end up joining the military first so it changes me so I want to be the best and do the best. Oh well, Id rather go in as a butter bar instead of a Private but Ill wait and see. 4 years left.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6534|Winterpeg, Canada
I'd be running to keep in shape, but you see, i pulled my groin over a month ago and it still hasn't mended. My doctor says everything's safe down their, so i got no worries, cept i'm gaining pounds.

But ya, awsome commitment and keep it going, reach your goal and you'll feel awsome.

Last edited by Jbrar (2006-07-08 23:25:09)

Mike.Grun
+11|6516|Trophy Club, Texas
I joined the army too, after trying college for a year, I passed the audition, my MOS will be (Depending on how AIT pans out) 42R9E, Army Bandsmen, trombone player.  Since that qualified as a Civilian Acquired Skill I get to start as an E-4 SPC., And I had to choice of bands, so I chose to go to Uijongbu Korea, my other choices being 1st Cav, Ft. Hood TX, or Ft Campbell KY. Korea was an easy choice, I really want to travel.

I am just waiting to ship, I need to lose 15 pounds to be at my fighting weight, I have been running but thats about it.

But its a good feeling to look through those papers, I am just one step close to getting my ass handed to me at boot camp, and to become a better person because of it.

Last edited by Mike.Grun (2006-07-08 23:50:42)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

Good luck, I'm trying a similar thing. Working alright for me. I think you are making more progress than me though... I have... A distraction.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Capt. Foley
+155|6580|Allentown, PA, USA
Thats what I think will help me the most, getting my ass handed to me at boot camp, and the rest of the time in the military will probably prepare me for life more, I need more motivation and I think the military will help me with it.
ImmortalTechnique
Banned
+33|6514
You know you've failed life when you are joining the US army and posting your "Weight Lose Log
" on a video game forum, while incorrectly spelling "loss".

Last edited by ImmortalTechnique (2006-07-09 00:49:48)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6598|Greenwood, IN
And you actually have karma?

Anyways, I was able to talk to a recruter the other day and was told that I could get between $1,000 and $30,000 sign on bonus.  But, of cours you won't see a penny of that till after basic.  lol
Starfleet1403
...to bodly spawn where no one has spawned before!
+66|6615|Born in West-Berlin

Brizzzer wrote:

I was acually going to join the Navy 2 years ago right out of high school but got side tracked with a family lose and a near lose.
What changed your mind about the Navy? However, joining the Service will changed your Life. Happened to me.
stonehand
I need a medic here! Please?!?
+12|6673|Southern Indiana
Well Good Luck I spent 5 years in the Army and it has changed my life dramatically.  I would not be were I am today had I not enlisted.  Many of my friends and family thought I was stupid since I was enlisting during the first Gulf War but I did it any ways and have never regretted it.  If you put your mind to it you can make a lot of achievements and memories to last you a life time.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6598|Greenwood, IN

Starfleet1403 wrote:

Brizzzer wrote:

I was acually going to join the Navy 2 years ago right out of high school but got side tracked with a family lose and a near lose.
What changed your mind about the Navy? However, joining the Service will changed your Life. Happened to me.
Nothing really changed my mind, I just had faimly problems and then they did'nt want me to go in.  So I said fine even though I wanted to.
Thumper04
"So there I was..."
+7|6620|Floriduh
Take advantage of the travel if you can. I'm in the air force, mind you, but in the last three years i've been to Las Vegas twice, Fort Campbell, England, Spain, Germany, and Iraq. Good times, and some CRAZY memories/war stories.

Don't let the asshats bother you, just try your ass off. If you really want it, you can do it.
younggun
+28|6636

ImmortalTechnique wrote:

Dumb ass cant even make a grammatically correct title.

We've found out everything you suck at

What are you good at? being a fat failure?

Do not join the army.
STFU!

oh hell why should I even bother with you?
KtotheIMMY
+513|6755
Good luck! I remember joining up back in August 2001.
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6604|balls
good job, way to commit, just remember you cant quite like a semester of college.  so i offer some advice.  make sure your positive on your MOS.  I spent 2 1/2 years in field artillery (yes i'd go it again) but its not like the stuff they show you in the videos.  go find a forum or find as much info out as possible.  I mean you cant spend your whole enlistment in the field blowing shit up or driving kick ass vehicles.  what they dont show is you sitting in the motor pool next to your broke dick vehicle or mowing lawns when it is your battalions "green cycle".  Get info and dont be afraid to ask questions.  this is your life and a huge decision.  these guys (recruiters)are gonna push for the MOS which has the most slots open and need filling. 

They told me my MOS wasn't even in S. Korea...............guess where i went when i got my first orders.........yup S. Korea (2ID). dont get me wrong I loved the experience but i chose the wrong job.  dont get stuck in a MOS for 2 or more years that you hate. 

Good luck and Godspeed!
Asianwaste
+7|6497
Look I'm coming up short so I'll give you a heads up so there's no surprises when the bull shit happens.  Cuz it will.

If you are looking for an adventure, chances are it's not going to happen, or if it does happen, it's not all that it's cracked up to be.  Expect your supervisors to be as dumb as you are because no one knows WTF they are doing, yet some how the job gets done.  If you are the type to overthink things, get rid of that bad habit.  Military has a "do it and do it now" kind of work ethic.  If something is wrong, they will over kill it to the point of nonexistence.  IE say you walk through a gate piss ass drunk.  Well now obviously you must have an alcohol problem, so now you have to go to DAPA (AA equivalent).  Or some guys like to be jack asses off base so now everyone in your command is no longer allowed off base for the next few months.  Because the team is only as fast as the slowest person or some stupid shit like that.  So in the short term it seems like a lot of bullshit, but when you look back you will learn everything somehow makes sense.  It'll piss you off a lot, but it did me a lot of good.  Good luck and don't be a jack ass.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6690

ImmortalTechnique wrote:

You know you've failed life when you are joining the US army and posting your "Weight Lose Log
" on a video game forum, while incorrectly spelling "loss".
1) It's on the "Not BF2, Not Bf2s" section, so it's valid

2) Why do you have to be such a killjoy?

3) Who gives a fuck if he isn't grammatically correct.

4) Who gives a fuck if he didn't spell 'loss' correctly.

He's joining the Army for a reason.
Show some respect.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard