~Solar~Fire~
+45|6648|Austin, TX
With the current beta version of the "Chuck Norris" Infantry Only mode, will the automatic shotguns make a comeback?

Adding extra hit-points can really change the way the game is played. Previously, long-range guns like the PKM and L96 could accurately kill enemies quickly. But the extra hit-points now allow the target to survive longer or possibly escape. Coupled with the increased sprinting abilities, this gives your enemy the chance to quickly close the gap between you. With longer lasting firefights occurring at very close ranges more often, accuracy will take a back seat to firepower. Automatic shotguns will dominate in these situations.

Perhaps engineers and anti-tankers will still be useful in the IO mode. What do y'all think?
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6627|The Netherlands
no thay will suck, as at and engeneer you will only get points for killing/repairing vhiacles
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6530|UK
there the more powerfull guns so yea but the no bunny hopping wont work with shotguns,
you need to hop around to kill with shotguns
~Solar~Fire~
+45|6648|Austin, TX
You don't need to hop to use them. The added hitpoints allow you get really close, sometimes nearly point blank,  to an enemy where you can just cut loose with 6 or 7 automatic shotgun blasts.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center
I honestly see the auto-snipers coming into play here.  Each bullet does a decent amount of damage and you can fire them off as fast as you can click.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6769|Human Meat Shield
Good Call Thomas..the SVD will be the best weapon. Wonder if the AT will require two hits from the RPG-7,SRAW or ERYX to kill infantry also.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6537|Search Whore killing fields
I still think it needs a J-10
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6769|Human Meat Shield

DirtyMexican wrote:

haha!! you're funny as hell, I actually thought you were serious. That made my day - I actually laughed.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6537|Search Whore killing fields

imdead wrote:

DirtyMexican wrote:

haha!! you're funny as hell, I actually thought you were serious. That made my day - I actually laughed.
I was
valli
+10|6639
Return of the auto shotguns?

Were they ever gone? The AT combo of rocket, DAO12 and full armour will probably be quite a good choice, esp. if you master the rocket sniping technique.

As for semi-auto sniper rifles, I'd rather have the Chinese one, just feels more accurate.

Last edited by valli (2006-07-08 11:01:38)

MorbidFetus
+76|6551|Ohio

imdead wrote:

Good Call Thomas..the SVD will be the best weapon. Wonder if the AT will require two hits from the RPG-7,SRAW or ERYX to kill infantry also.
No one will use AT in IO. Prepare for the usual 60% Assault/Support mix to hit the nineties and the rest to be worthless medics who run past you when you need healed.
~Solar~Fire~
+45|6648|Austin, TX
I'm just saying that because it'll be so easy to get in point-blank ranges on IO (especially in Jalalabad), accuracy isn't going to be as important. The rate of fire is going to be the most important factor. It won't matter if 4 out of your 5 PKM rounds hit your enemy, because in that small amount of time, 6 of his 12 shotgun blasts will kill you.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

You guys act as if DICE will completely ignore the community's response to the current IO setup which is: MAKE IT VANILLA BF2 WITH JUST A FEW LIGHT JEEPS.
~Solar~Fire~
+45|6648|Austin, TX
I'm not worried/scaried/angry about anything, I'm just observing how things currently are.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6756|United States of America
Lalalalalala, oooo an argument, lalalalalalala.
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6744

valli wrote:

Return of the auto shotguns?

Were they ever gone? The AT combo of rocket, DAO12 and full armour will probably be quite a good choice, esp. if you master the rocket sniping technique.

As for semi-auto sniper rifles, I'd rather have the Chinese one, just feels more accurate.
aggreed.  AT is devestating as-is with the DAO.  Now that they wouldn't have to save the rockets for tanks/APCs...

and also agreed on the chinese sniper rifle.  for some reason, the scope reticle on the MEC's gun always throws me off when i go for headshots...
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6744

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

You guys act as if DICE will completely ignore the community's response to the current IO setup which is: MAKE IT VANILLA BF2 WITH JUST A FEW LIGHT JEEPS.
i will say that they could leave the boats in, and let us use the maps with the Essex.  Boats won't be helpful for much beyond getting ashore...

another thing: in infantry only mode, are they gonna leave in the mounted machine guns?  TOWs?  Stingers?
-r3-anubis
+73|6537|florida
The MEC default shotgun, the S12K is fully auto. The MK3A1 and the DAO-12 are both fully auto.
LockerFish
+47|6706

-r3-anubis wrote:

The MEC default shotgun, the S12K is fully auto. The MK3A1 and the DAO-12 are both fully auto.
Wrong. MK3A1 is the only full auto shotgun.

Here's another thought, as a medic, will you now have to heal more than usual to get the point? or will it be possible to get, hypothetically speaking, 2 points per person if their health was completely gone?

Edit:consolidated two posts.

Last edited by LockerFish (2006-07-11 09:28:13)

he_who_says_zonk
+17|6721
For pure volume of fire the M249 dominates infantry encounters, it is insanely accurate for the number of bullets it can put out there very quickly. For fast accurate damage my money is on the G3, which in the hands of a skilled operator, easily beats a DAO-12 at point blank range

I think the most interesting change with IO will be wake island because the Chinese domination will be gone and it will be anyone's game. Unless DICE are up to their usual magic in which case the USA won't get boats and they'll have to swim ashore.
sheggalism
+16|6743|France
I wonder if a direct hit from an AT rocket or a GL grenade will be instant kills in Infantry Only Mode.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6652|The Netherlands
Maybe it was only for the beta version ?
i hope

Last edited by ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE (2006-07-11 09:38:58)

pojomoof
+8|6540

he_who_says_zonk wrote:

For pure volume of fire the M249 dominates infantry encounters, it is insanely accurate for the number of bullets it can put out there very quickly. For fast accurate damage my money is on the G3, which in the hands of a skilled operator, easily beats a DAO-12 at point blank range

I think the most interesting change with IO will be wake island because the Chinese domination will be gone and it will be anyone's game. Unless DICE are up to their usual magic in which case the USA won't get boats and they'll have to swim ashore.
Good Point, But if it is an IO will is there boats?? There better be, otherwise it will sniper heaven (like shoot fish in a barrell LOL)

but I'm sure they would include some boats. I invision an island full of AT with missles flying at every boat. Still making it hard for USMC to compete.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6546
C4!

Yes, I believe they left boats in.

Last edited by iNeedUrFace4Soup (2006-07-11 11:51:47)

https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6739
I presonally prefer Pump Action Shotguns. More damage

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard