Riddick51PB
+21|6526|Lincoln.ne.us
This is a great improvement, I am glad they put this fix in.  No way you can hit the deck and come off firing.  Good to see this change.

What should have been, but isn't:
Shouldered missiles should be able to take out aircraft.  That's how the real world does it.  Doesn't take much of a bang to bring down a plane or helicopter.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6645|UK
here here

PS, AT rockets can take out aircraft
wedge3382
UD-6 Talon Whore
+14|6575|Ellisville, MS

liquidat0r wrote:

here here

PS, AT rockets can take out aircraft
yes, but with more than one hit.  I agree, one shot with a shoulder AT, boom bye bye chopper(or plane).
TriggerLID
Power Nubs Unite
+6|6550
You can shoot one time with a shouldered rocket and take down a plane already
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6714|Sacramento
One hit for AT rockets on choppers would be a DREAM for me. I kill a lot of them with two, but man, that would help if it was just one hehe..
I would <3 it
The Last Black Winegum
Mmmm! Winegums
+52|6624|Lancashire, UK
I should think a Javelin AT-missile would pretty much vapourise a chopper......  (check out the Video in my Sig)

.....oh and yes,  Applause for delay on quick prone.

Last edited by The Last Black Winegum (2006-07-07 17:38:20)

jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6544|Singapore
anybody watched black hawk down? if RPG was powered like that we will have at least a billion of people whining..
tega
+4|6714

Riddick51PB wrote:

This is a great improvement, I am glad they put this fix in.  No way you can hit the deck and come off firing.  Good to see this change.
erm wrong, check this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGZv7m7kwoo

they need to swap the delay around, ie ... as you hit prone then there is a delay before you can fire
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6586

tega wrote:

they need to swap the delay around, ie ... as you hit prone then there is a delay before you can fire
They need to leave it how it is. If they're going to change it to your suggestion it takes out all dynamics of the game and to be honest, i want to have fun and action and fast action as infantry and not camp in a spot, because the movement gets nerfed again to a 70year old player.

With the already made 1.4 change, they've taken a lot out of prone spamming. It's not as effective as it has been before, when you could eliminate your opponent behind a bunker and he wasn't even able to see you.

Last edited by fierce (2006-07-08 04:19:05)

tega
+4|6714
nah, they need to stop the dolphin diving prone spamming eod

its not about realism, i agree its about fun but not when players use macro's to gain an advantage
and nearly everyone insta prones shooting , thats not a skill more an exploit . bf:v sorted it so can bf2
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6586

tega wrote:

and nearly everyone insta prones shooting , thats not a skill more an exploit
It's not a skill if you got a fast reaction and you can therefore move quicker to the prone position, aim and kill the guy? Then my question, what's skill in BF2?
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6716

Okay, I've heard about this 'delay'. Since my BF2 doesn't work, does anyone have a video? =\
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6586

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Okay, I've heard about this 'delay'. Since my BF2 doesn't work, does anyone have a video? =\
uhm, four postings above your posting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGZv7m7kwoo
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6716

Fuck it, I'm not fixing BF2 now.  That's total bullshit. I miss 1.03.
Riddick51PB
+21|6526|Lincoln.ne.us

jkohlc wrote:

anybody watched black hawk down? if RPG was powered like that we will have at least a billion of people whining..
right now you have helicopters mowing down players w/like 92-2 records.  one shouldered rocket takes down any type of aircraft in the real world.

right now, chopper pilots are protected, because it takes like 2-4 direct hits to bring them down.  i promise you, in real life, one shouldered rocket will bring those chopper pilots back to reality.

taking this one step further, a pilot who abandons or crashes his chopper should receive -points for destroying team assets, just like in real life.  this is no different than a player using c4 on his own team assets = this is the penalty to be awarded (subtracted) from destroying team choppers/planes.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6648|Washington, DC

Why the hell should you lose points for bailing out of the chopper? Because I'm helping the team by not losing a ticket and possibly capping a critical flag or killing of a few of the enemy's tickets?

As for the killing of prone spamming and whatnot, grand. I don't want games to be super-realistic, but nothing's more annoying than hitbox exlpoiting and people flopping around like fish out of water. I know it's an arcade game, but that's precisely it. It's arcadey, not an aquarium.
Snoopie66
To kill you i like!
+19|6551|Berlin, Germany

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Why the hell should you lose points for bailing out of the chopper? Because I'm helping the team by not losing a ticket and possibly capping a critical flag or killing of a few of the enemy's tickets?

As for the killing of prone spamming and whatnot, grand. I don't want games to be super-realistic, but nothing's more annoying than hitbox exlpoiting and people flopping around like fish out of water. I know it's an arcade game, but that's precisely it. It's arcadey, not an aquarium.
I love you man!
Totally agree! +1 for you
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6770|Toronto, ON
By the way, I already figured out how to get around the delay for crouch-prone now.  Good job EA.

And yes, you can still toss C4.
Alpha as fuck.
Madhadda1
+270|6563|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
are you fucking kidding me? you people are always wanting new and bullshit ways to take out the air because you cant do anything but aim and shot.... aa is good enough we dont need a new class or at rockets flying in the air taking out jets... /rant
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6702
I like the idea of portable stingers...but then again I am no pilot. I get shredded by good pilots/gunners...and they are good, no doubt about it but maybe something to help me get them on the ground once in a while so I can 'see the whites of their eyes'.  And AT rockets DO work well on aircraft but let's be serious, it's pretty tough to drop a plane with one and a good helo pilot will make sure you never get a second shot either by wiping you out or RTB for repairs.  The best defense against helos is having pilots that take helos out first, then armor, then infantry. I've played with some kick arse pilots that made it their mission to keep the skies clear and boy it was like night and day.  So, I'd welcome the portable stinger but nothing old needs nerfed, etc. 

Anyone discuss say a 5 second 'ghost' state upon spawning where you can run/move but not fire or take damage so that you would have time to react to somone camped on a flag?
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!
+44|6612|Europe and goddamn proud of it

462nd NSP653 wrote:

I like the idea of portable stingers...but then again I am no pilot. I get shredded by good pilots/gunners...and they are good, no doubt about it but maybe something to help me get them on the ground once in a while so I can 'see the whites of their eyes'.  And AT rockets DO work well on aircraft but let's be serious, it's pretty tough to drop a plane with one and a good helo pilot will make sure you never get a second shot either by wiping you out or RTB for repairs.  The best defense against helos is having pilots that take helos out first, then armor, then infantry. I've played with some kick arse pilots that made it their mission to keep the skies clear and boy it was like night and day.  So, I'd welcome the portable stinger but nothing old needs nerfed, etc. 

Anyone discuss say a 5 second 'ghost' state upon spawning where you can run/move but not fire or take damage so that you would have time to react to somone camped on a flag?
I dunno who said it, but someone on these forums had an idea of an AA class,..
gameaddict
+35|6698|let op drempels

Snoopie66 wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

I love you man!
Totally agree! +1 for you
not me they already nerfed dolphin diving,bunny hopping,c4 tossing and now they even want to nerf it further.
The#1Spot
+105|6558|byah
i have been killed by dolphin divers flopping around and killing me in 1.3 patch its not fixed peopl e its just harder to do. The reason i dont have pics is that they do it so fast and he delay for the pic is too long of a pause and dont want to be killed standing there.
MECtallica
+73|6522|jalalabad
im new and I hate prone spammers, they pop down instantly and boom im dead   randomspammer [PKM] mectallica
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6719|Australia
I'm a bunny hopper, dolphin diver and crouch/prone spammer so i'm not happy to see it go but i haven't got a choice so i'll just have to adapt.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard