OGGBlueGoose
+8|6510|Michigan
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the new fad, is to base rape the main.
While most servers have rules against it, that doesn't stop them, and admins never seem to be around (I know you can't always watch everyone). I know you will find the new player doing it.  But lately many of the servers I've played on, I've noticed players with high ranks, Lt. Col. Captains, etc, the first thing they do is jump in a plane or chopper and start raping the main.  ( maybe that is how they got there points)  I don't even like to kill in the main if all the flags are taken.  Oh well just my 2 cents.

Happy fragging
ZCor3x
+46|6566|Pennsylvania

OGGBlueGoose wrote:

While most servers have rules against it, that doesn't stop them, and admins never seem to be around (I know you can't always watch everyone). I know you will find the new player doing it.  But lately many of the servers I've played on, I've noticed players with high ranks, Lt. Col. Captains, etc, the first thing they do is jump in a plane or chopper and start raping the main.  ( maybe that is how they got there points)  I don't even like to kill in the main if all the flags are taken.  Oh well just my 2 cents.

Happy fragging
What do you expect? A whole team spawning in a non-cappable? You going to just sit there while they do nothing? I wouldn't sorry. That's my two cents.
PCShooterNoob
+22|6535|Florida
I don't really have too much of a problem with base raping.  It's annoying yeah, but you could always just spawn somewhere ELSE, and if it's your only flag, well, your team deserves it for sucking so hard.  Can't expect the other team to sit back and wait for your assault, can you?
MoChief
+67|6597

PCShooterNoob wrote:

I don't really have too much of a problem with base raping.  It's annoying yeah, but you could always just spawn somewhere ELSE, and if it's your only flag, well, your team deserves it for sucking so hard.  Can't expect the other team to sit back and wait for your assault, can you?
I completely agree.  We might be the odd guys out here, but I don't see a problem with it.  Especially at the beginning of the game. 

On the other hand, I'm NOT in favor of people with quick map loads that go to the uncap and steal the other's assets before anyone has spawned (Ive seen this a few times).

My .02.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6742|The United Center

MoChief wrote:

PCShooterNoob wrote:

I completely agree.  We might be the odd guys out here, but I don't see a problem with it.  Especially at the beginning of the game. 

On the other hand, I'm NOT in favor of people with quick map loads that go to the uncap and steal the other's assets before anyone has spawned (Ive seen this a few times).

My .02.
Heh, I've done that before.  It's awesome on Wake when you get the F35, fly to the PLA airfield, get in the gunner seat of the Z-10 and just mow down everyone.  They assume you just have the red name glitch to they just run toward the helo.  Heh.
smacktardthefirst
+30|6580|Good ol' Canada
Base raping is allowed. It is a part of the game, and for all you whiners that don't like, come play where I am, so I can annoy you also. Love all you pussy noobs.
comet241
+164|6761|Normal, IL

PCShooterNoob wrote:

Two things:

1) no, your team doesn't always deserve it. very rarely does the main raping occur when all the other flags are taken, and that's where most of the assest spawn at.... meaning, if you can't get your main assets (tanks jets choppers....) then eventually you WILL lose all your flags..... so you dont deserve it, often times even if you do not have any other flags out there.

2) YES!!!! YOU CAN WAIT FOR THEM TO COME TO YOU!!!! I know most people say: well you wouldn't wait in real life, would you? No, of course not. Dont be an idiot, nobody would wait in real life.... however, in real life you dont respawn, you dont spawn period, you dont have personal radar, and most importantly: YOU DONT GET POINTS!!!! the only reason anybody would ever spawn rape is because they are a point whore. This is a game, and I say treat it as such. Let them come to you because it is more fun for both teams to have a fair fight. if you are raping, eventually the other team will leave and the server will die.... or, if your team is raping and you dont have the jet, chopper, tank or whatnot.... YOU GET NO POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!! like on wake, i often see 3 or 4 people on the chinese team with points that rape a lot and 20 people without any.... that's not fun in my definition, and id hope you paying upwards of 100 dollars for the game and expansions wouldn't think that is fun either.....

Raping uncaps is a strategy, yes.... however, it is one that is encouraged by weak players or players with no honor.... it's a fucking game, everyone is just trying to have fun.
Microwave
_
+515|6651|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

comet241 wrote:

PCShooterNoob wrote:

Two things:

1) no, your team doesn't always deserve it. very rarely does the main raping occur when all the other flags are taken, and that's where most of the assest spawn at.... meaning, if you can't get your main assets (tanks jets choppers....) then eventually you WILL lose all your flags..... so you dont deserve it, often times even if you do not have any other flags out there.

2) YES!!!! YOU CAN WAIT FOR THEM TO COME TO YOU!!!! I know most people say: well you wouldn't wait in real life, would you? No, of course not. Dont be an idiot, nobody would wait in real life.... however, in real life you dont respawn, you dont spawn period, you dont have personal radar, and most importantly: YOU DONT GET POINTS!!!! the only reason anybody would ever spawn rape is because they are a point whore. This is a game, and I say treat it as such. Let them come to you because it is more fun for both teams to have a fair fight. if you are raping, eventually the other team will leave and the server will die.... or, if your team is raping and you dont have the jet, chopper, tank or whatnot.... YOU GET NO POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!! like on wake, i often see 3 or 4 people on the chinese team with points that rape a lot and 20 people without any.... that's not fun in my definition, and id hope you paying upwards of 100 dollars for the game and expansions wouldn't think that is fun either.....

Raping uncaps is a strategy, yes.... however, it is one that is encouraged by weak players or players with no honor.... it's a fucking game, everyone is just trying to have fun.
That is the most perfectly correct response i have read in my life! ....you cannot argue with that. 

END OF.
PCShooterNoob
+22|6535|Florida

comet241 wrote:

PCShooterNoob wrote:

Two things:

Response to 1:  While the main base often has the most assets, other spawnpoints DO come with armor and sometimes even air, so you can always come back.  Second, even if you can't get your assets, and it IS your last base, any vehicles raping your base would fall easily if your infantry would simply spawn as anti-tank.  A group of just a few anti-tank can take down an entire armored convoy in less than a minute, regardless of any engineers or supply crates they may have.  The problem is, most people like to be sneaky and spawn as Spec ops to try and get the C4, and if that fails, then the enemy has taken zero damage and you're back at square one.  There is NO reason to be bogged down in a single base if your team has any semblence of team work, so if it happens to your team, then yes, I believe it's your fault for no one havng the common sense to go "Hey wait...let's all spawn anti-tank and work together to take down vehicles!"  Your entire team spawns in one place, and theirs has to spawn elsewhere and come back after every death.  If you don't suck, then baseraping won't go on for THAT long.

Response to 2:  I don't care about points you get, or what you would or wouldn't do in real life...I want my team to win.  So no, it doesn't make sense to wait for the enemy to use UAV and Scanner to mount an assaault and take a base.  You keep them pinned down and take the victory.  You're not having fun?  Boohoo...I don't have fun when I die in the game...should I suggest no one kill me because OMG it's not fun?  I hate Wake Island too, it's boring because yes, one or two pilots can keep America hopelessly bogged down.  You know what I do?  Gasp.  Don't play fucking Wake Island!

My point is, there's always a viable escape to getting based raped, be it spawning somewhere else, playing as a competent team, or just going to a new server.  It's not like someone's hacking the game...it's a strategy like any other that has its holes.

Last edited by PCShooterNoob (2006-07-07 15:39:55)

comet241
+164|6761|Normal, IL
PCShooterNoob, perhaps you missed the entire point of my post.... I am not arguing strategy here on how to break main rapers. I am not suggesting that a lack of teamwork puts one side in that position. I am simply saying that raping uncaps is a weak strategy encouraged by weak players....

Let me say that again so my point gets across here:

MAIN RAPING IS A WEAK STRATEGY ENCOURAGED BY WEAK PLAYERS!!!!!!

You should never have to main rape thanks to the genious of the developers of this great series of games. Did you know, perhaps you didn't, that if you have all the flags, the other team starts losing points no matter if you kill them or not???? There is no need to ever main rape.... EVER! If you have all of the flags, the other teams tickets burn. The only reason, as I have stated before, that a person ever main rapes is because they are point whores. That team is already losing tickets, you have done your job. The next job you have is to protect those flags, not kick them while they are down. Did I mention this is a game? I dont find it fun at all to bomb defenseless people. And to suggest that everyone just needs to spawn anti-tank and the seige is miraculously broken is rediculous!!! I dont think 25 anti-tank people on the american carrier can break two jets and a helo without quite a bit of luck. The only reason you are going to a main should be to destroy assets. Raping while there is just point farming, which, clearly to me, people who do so have nothing else to live for except meaningless points in a meaningless game.

There is no need to ever main rape thanks to ticket burning, and it really isn't fun for either team, and isn't that the whole point of this game?

Last edited by comet241 (2006-07-07 15:56:32)

redhawk454
+50|6544|Divided States of America

comet241 wrote:

PCShooterNoob, perhaps you missed the entire point of my post.... I am not arguing strategy here on how to break main rapers. I am not suggesting that a lack of teamwork puts one side in that position. I am simply saying that raping uncaps is a weak strategy encouraged by weak players....

You should never have to main rape thanks to the genious of the developers of this great series of games. Did you know, perhaps you didn't, that if you have all the flags, the other team starts losing points no matter if you kill them or not???? There is no need to ever main rape.... EVER! If you have all of the flags, the other teams tickets burn. The only reason, as I have stated before, that a person ever main rapes is because they are point whores. That team is already losing tickets, you have done your job. The next job you have is to protect those flags, not kick them while they are down. Did I mention this is a game? I dont find it fun at all to bomb defenseless people. And to suggest that everyone just needs to spawn anti-tank and the seige is miraculously broken is rediculous!!! I dont think 25 anti-tank people on the american carrier can break two jets and a helo without quite a bit of luck. The only reason you are going to a main should be to destroy assets. Raping while there is just point farming, which, clearly to me, people who do so have nothing else to live for except meaningless points in a meaningless game.

There is no need to ever main rape thanks to ticket burning, and it really isn't fun for either team, and isn't that the whole point of this game?
i guess he is saying they should stop giving points until the losing team has another base.
PCShooterNoob
+22|6535|Florida

comet241 wrote:

I disagree entirely.  I don't think it has anything to do with weak players or wanting points.  The fact of the matter is, you're in the base killing them, and preventing them from doing damage to your team.  Their tickets burn FASTER as they're dying, and the game ends faster securing a win.  It's not ALL about having fun.  That's the main point of playing any videogame, yeah, but the second point, which is very CLOSE to having fun, is helping your team win.  I mean, I find flying around in circles in a jet to be great fun, along with zooming around in buggies, ramping off high ledges, and paradropping.  But if the whole team was having fun doing these things, then it wouldn't be much of a game, would it?  You may think it's just point farming, but so is commanding, or being a medic, or being a pilot.  None of that changes the fact that these things can be incredibly important to the team.  You call it being a "weak player," I call it helping to ensure a victory for my team.  I'd rather be a weak player and a team asset than a "strong player" who sits in a base waiting for someone to come attack because the poor, pathetic other team only has one spawnpoint.  And for the record, air alone can NOT siege a base by itself.  They have long reload times and have to stay in perpetual motion, there's no way a couple of jets can watch your entire base and kill every single person that spawns unless maybe it's a carrier, like Wake Island, because then there's no way off without an easily targeted vehicle.  But once again...do as I do...DON'T play Wake Island.  Amazingly simple.

Last edited by PCShooterNoob (2006-07-07 16:13:08)

Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6816
OpsChief
+101|6672|Southern California

OGGBlueGoose wrote:

Happy fragging
A worthy 2 cents Blue but there is more to this game than there was to Counter Strike

What you are talking about isn't new at all!!! Strategic Raids, Logistics Interdiction, etc. (what you call raping the main) has been one of the key factors of winning battles and wars for thousands of years. These are the skills of Legendary Generals and Kings!!! Its a small thing to pwn another gladiator, but to pwn a civilization? holy shit!!! Rape the main make me a legend!!!

When BF2 first came out two kinds of people played, Individual-Tactical and Strategic (actually there are four distinct levels but I am longwinded enough as it is don't get me started). The guys coming from other two dimensional shooters like CounterStrike got caught in a combined arms strategic 4 dimensional shooter and needed something to help them along. These eventually become known as spawnfences. Spawnfences create an illusion someone is spawncamping (something like a fox and a chicken coup).

Then the hired Admin Bounty Hunters emerge to kill off the campers because it is too bothersome to form a tank killer team and do it with skills.

BF2 is a strategic shooter played on a non-linear 360 degree map. Attacking the enemy command and control, logistics release points is the way to win. The higher ranking guys have learned the game and are now good enough to play without fences and admins to protect there backsides.

Learning to play the game one level at a time is natural, just make sure you understand which level is the highest before you complain about it. Simply put the fewer rules the higher level the game.

Level 1. Individual = skill or be pwned

Level 2. Tactical = (Squad Leader Level 1.) teamwork. a unit cooperating on a common mission, kit changing to counter enemy deployments. usually focussed on the next flag cap or anti-armor ambush

Level 3. Operational = (SL Level 2., Commander level 1 skill) Shaping the whole battle to achieve strategic aims, the team mutually supporting missions with combined arms (infantry/armor/air/arty) cooperation

Level 4. Strategic = (Commander's level 2 skills) Envisioning the whole battle, beginning middle and endstate, translating that to a scheme of battle, integrating manuever and intelligence gathering (Scan & Spot) with timely logistics (supply crates on time every time) - ugh! this is really too complex to explain in one sentence lol

You can find servers that specialize in each level so its cool. The more spawn fences then you are Level 1 pwning. As the fences come down there is multi-echelon pwning and egos of all levels can be appeased   Man this is a Great Game!

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-07-07 16:18:44)

redhawk454
+50|6544|Divided States of America
some say you should only go to the enemy base to destroy assets. how do you do that without defending yourself? if someone spawns and sees me they will kill me, right? so if i kill one person im base raping? if ea/dice wanted to stop base raping they could in a number of different ways. some say the winning team should only defend the bases they already have, maybe the losing team should learn defence.
PCShooterNoob
+22|6535|Florida

redhawk454 wrote:

some say you should only go to the enemy base to destroy assets. how do you do that without defending yourself? if someone spawns and sees me they will kill me, right? so if i kill one person im base raping? if ea/dice wanted to stop base raping they could in a number of different ways. some say the winning team should only defend the bases they already have, maybe the losing team should learn defence.
Yeah, I've heard the "Stay on the Defense" argument.  Which means...divide your entire army equally between every base, and wait for their commander to give ALL OF THEIR FORCES the order to raid one base with everything they've got.  That's a BRILLIANT game plan.  I don't know, it seems like some people believe Battlefield is a game about flowers and rainbows instead of war.
OpsChief

PCShooterNoob wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

Yeah, I've heard the "Stay on the Defense" argument.  Which means...divide your entire army equally between every base, and wait for their commander to give ALL OF THEIR FORCES the order to raid one base with everything they've got.  That's a BRILLIANT game plan.  I don't know, it seems like some people believe Battlefield is a game about flowers and rainbows instead of war.
We could always apply the Principles of War and not divide up equally but divide by strategic Objectives(1), Mass(2) in some places, use Ecomony of Forces(3) in others, Manuever(4) to fight or flank, use Suprise(5) and Deception to gain advantage, the go on the Offensive(6) to ensure the win, but this takes a Unity of Purpose(7) also know as multi-level teamwork. While you prepare for your brilliant master stroke make sure you have plenty of Security(8) and finally Simplicity(9) is a virtue of command planning.

Go have Fun and Remember BF2 is a Wargame!

P.S. lmao ...flowers and rainbows... lol brilliant +1
PCShooterNoob
+22|6535|Florida

OpsChief wrote:

PCShooterNoob wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

We could always apply the Principles of War and not divide up equally but divide by strategic Objectives(1), Mass(2) in some places, use Ecomony of Forces(3) in others, Manuever(4) to fight or flank, use Suprise(5) and Deception to gain advantage, the go on the Offensive(6) to ensure the win, but this takes a Unity of Purpose(7) also know as multi-level teamwork. While you prepare for your brilliant master stroke make sure you have plenty of Security(8) and finally Simplicity(9) is a virtue of command planning.

Go have Fun and Remember BF2 is a Wargame!

P.S. lmao ...flowers and rainbows... lol brilliant +1
Wow man, you make the simplest, most seemingly common sense strategy sound incredibly complicated.  But I do agree with you 100%.
OpsChief
I like to complexify and manifest the ramifications to the exent of profound obfuscative proportion then synopsize ad nauseum to  ....ah hell I was on a roll when the phone rang......
comet241
+164|6761|Normal, IL
maybe you're still missing my point. It's a strategy, I concede that. So is picking your nose in a corner. I call it a weak strategy like I call dolphin diving a weak strategy, you can do it, but it doesn't mean you should. (although i guess you can no longer dolphin dive, but there are always ways around that....) It is weak because it is cheap. But you will defend that, so I suppose that only reflects how you think in real life. Anything to get ahead, right?

It's for weak players because only players who feel threatened by the enemy and can't defeat them in actual combat will participate. You can be a strong player and still hold back. And no, commanding and being a medic is not point farming, that is doing their specified jobs and recieving the rewards. Point farming is doing the same thing over and over simply for the sake of the points, regardless of the job or not. Also, i have seen many instances where a team seems overly focused on raping a main and soon enough all of their flags are capped off and they lose. Maybe actually participating in the game and actually playing as a team would prevent that, but most main rapers care little for their team, only points.... regardless of how vigorously they defend their actions as being holy and just.

I personally dont care if you main rape. I will leave servers that allow it and ensure it doesn't happen on my server. I am more interested in how someone can have so little personal honor to feel completely comfortable raping a main to inflate their points and make their e-penis bigger.

it's a strategy, yes. A weak one, yes. one that delegates no honor to the participant, yes. do i sleep comfortably at night knowing i can play the game fairly and still win, yes.
PCShooterNoob
+22|6535|Florida

comet241 wrote:

maybe you're still missing my point. It's a strategy, I concede that. So is picking your nose in a corner. I call it a weak strategy like I call dolphin diving a weak strategy, you can do it, but it doesn't mean you should. (although i guess you can no longer dolphin dive, but there are always ways around that....) It is weak because it is cheap. But you will defend that, so I suppose that only reflects how you think in real life. Anything to get ahead, right?

It's for weak players because only players who feel threatened by the enemy and can't defeat them in actual combat will participate. You can be a strong player and still hold back. And no, commanding and being a medic is not point farming, that is doing their specified jobs and recieving the rewards. Point farming is doing the same thing over and over simply for the sake of the points, regardless of the job or not. Also, i have seen many instances where a team seems overly focused on raping a main and soon enough all of their flags are capped off and they lose. Maybe actually participating in the game and actually playing as a team would prevent that, but most main rapers care little for their team, only points.... regardless of how vigorously they defend their actions as being holy and just.

I personally dont care if you main rape. I will leave servers that allow it and ensure it doesn't happen on my server. I am more interested in how someone can have so little personal honor to feel completely comfortable raping a main to inflate their points and make their e-penis bigger.

it's a strategy, yes. A weak one, yes. one that delegates no honor to the participant, yes. do i sleep comfortably at night knowing i can play the game fairly and still win, yes.
Since I'm tired of having insults thrown at me for your opinion and you seem to be out of any valid or factual points besides what you do and don't personally like, I'll just make this a quick and easy list.

1.  Yes, in real life, I do put my team...as in friends and family in real life, in front of other people.  I guess that makes me a monster.  I'm not going to apologize.

2.  You're making waaaaay to many generalizations that all base rapers suck and are crappy players and blah blah blah.  It's cute that you force your own morals on other people and then judge them for it.  Cute and ignorant, anyway.  There are plenty of commanders that point farm and enable cheaters, such as the Karkand Hotel.  And the vast majority of medics would be happy to let the same person kill you for the entire game as long as they can safely revive you for the two points.

3.  You yourself just admitted that baseraping loses many times because it distracts teams from the real issues at hand.  So if it's that cheap...how would such a thing happen, sparky...?

4.  For the record, I don't actually baserape that frequently.  I do it when the team has no other bases, because I believe that waiting around is a stupid strategy, and that if the team can't take us out, better that we end the game quickly so new teams can be formed and second chances can be given to actually play competently.  And whenever another flag is neutralized, I'm the first to stop baseraping and dart out to solve the problem.

5.  I, and I'm sure everyone else, is thrilled that you can ride around on some ill conceived high horse about all your marvelous exploits and how you play this way, that way and the other.  But the way you choose to play is your own.  Baseraping is not cheating.  It's not going through walls, getting 100% headshots, or moving your character in a fashion that makes him invulnerable to all attack while you keep fairly consistent aim.  It's a part of the game that you may not like, but is EASILY circumvented with any marriage of teamwork and skill.  Some people don't think engineers in armored convoys is fair.  A lot of people think the J-10 is BS.  A HELL of a lot of people don't think commanders should ever roll in armor or fly.  And the new commander ability of dropping cars on top of people?  Not the most popular entry ever.  But these things aren't cheating, they're all intentionally programmed options into the game.  Complain if you want, but don't throw out insults or pretend you're better that other people just for doing them.  That just makes you an ignorant prick.  <3
mntranger
+2|6499
I have NO prblem with baseraping. The only issue I have is spawn raping. There isnt to many things that are more annoying then some dude with a pkm sitting and smoking you before u hav a chance to move.
HM1{N}
+86|6640|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

PCShooterNoob wrote:

You should think before you say anything.  What about the maps where MEC has all the flags and USMC ONLY HAS A MAIN BASE?  What about the mainbase raping that starts from the beginning of the round and lasts until the end?  The endless carpetbombing and arty so the USMC can't get out of their main?

That is just total bullshit play and amounts to nothing but stat padding in my book (and earns you the title of top PUSSY for this game).
DSRTurtle
+56|6681

comet241 wrote:

Some maps lend themselves to one side getting baseraped.  Wake in particular.

Does it suck?  Yes it does.

However, if you play on servers that switch sides each round then you can enjoy baseraping the other side.

I don't complain about baseraping uncaps or being baseraped.
comet241
+164|6761|Normal, IL
I believe I have made many factual points, you have just chosen to ignore them all. Fine, as I said before people who main rape will only find ways to justify it for themselves, including ignoring perfectly valid points.

You say I am wrong to ride around on my so called high horse, but I am not going onto other servers and changing the rules, I am merely responding with my views to a perfectly legitimate thread in these forums. The only place I will enforce my beliefs is on my own server, where everyone in my clan feels the same way I do.

I never said baserapers always win, you read too much into things. It's a strategy, and like all strategies, they dont always pan out.

I AM making a generalization, much like you are making a generalization that people who DONT baserape are running around on our ill concieved high horses enforcing our ways on civilization against their will... We're not, but I couldn't think of any other reason a person would baserape other than to get points.... so that's my generalization.

again, you're bringing it back to real life as well and reading WAAAY too much into what I am saying. I have not mentioned a thing about real life except to say that the game isn't real life.

And you're right, waiting around is a stupid strategy. But nobody just waits around. People head off to mains before all the bases are capped. It's not like main rapers even give time for shit to respawn. I agree that if you dont touch their main for a minute or two and nothing comes out it is rediculous to wait for them.... but nobody waits that long anywho, so what's the point of arguing......

Yes I have morals. HOLY SHIT!!! apparently you feel the need to belittle me for that, which again, much like your gameplay, only reflects on how you behave in real life. I have no pity on those who have none either, so I look forward to running into you ingame sometime and raping the shit out of you..... maybe we'll both know what we're talking about then.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard