Colfax
PR Only
+70|6614|United States - Illinois
Whats the change the made with the vehicle drop?

Did i search and there are to many threads about cartillery so sry if this has been discussed.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6655|Hell's prison
I bet they just added a deviation like the Supplies have to a larger scale.  I couldnt stay in game with 1.4 long enough to know.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6602

We dont know what the change will be in the 1.4 patch but EA said that they would stop the cartillery. So maybe car drops wont be as accurate and land near to the specified drop site.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6493|Little blue planet, milky way
They've made a slight "randomization" in the drop zone, similar to the supply crate...

AND vehicles can no longer drop on buildings. This will make it DARNED hard (but AFAIK not impossible) to utilize the wall pass through glitch.

Not perfect, but good enough for starters.
Buzerk1
+44|6806
Based on what I read, they added deviation and you can't drop it everywhere you want.... only roads and free space.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6655|Hell's prison
At least they are making headway, that part impresses me enough for now.  BF2 may have a little more fun and life in it after all.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6632|Groningen, The Netherlands

Gooners wrote:

We dont know what the change will be in the 1.4 patch but EA said that they would stop the cartillery. So maybe car drops wont be as accurate and land near to the specified drop site.
That will be weird, cos cars will land on roofs etc. all the time.....especially on Karkand.
And if it does hit something the car will be destroyed by flipping upside down (mostly) this doesnt happen to supply crates
Colfax
PR Only

Gooners wrote:

Well something should be in beta for testing
Colfax
PR Only
Whats the new min. for starting the game?
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6662|Sweden
It is still possible. I hope they change this to be a little harde, but it is very hard. And I am hoping it to be IMPOSSIBLE ofcourse. I am just showing this so that this mabye gets fixed. We are actually playing 1.4 to be able to go to EA Forums and tell them whats wrong.

JON.ANTONSSON wrote:

Look at what I managed to do in singleplayer in this new patch, (The "BETA 1" sign is downthere if you download the pic and zoom in)

http://img439.imageshack.us/img439/1267 … 1665lk.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8561 … 1637kv.jpg

It took some tries thoe to succeed
But when I tried to drive in the car blowed up... hmm...

EDIT: The first pic isnt the same situation when the car landed corectly, but thats the same place that I clicked on, and that car on the first pic actually landed upside/down.

Last edited by JON.ANTONSSON (2006-07-06 06:22:53)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6518|San Diego, CA, USA

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

I bet they just added a deviation like the Supplies have to a larger scale.  I couldnt stay in game with 1.4 long enough to know.
I don't believe they did.  According to the changelog they just restrict you from dropping on top of buildings.  However, in the posts above you'll notice you can still drop it in 'the spot'...I just think they made it harder.

They didn't add any deviation to the vehicle or supply drops.  You would think they would have a random +/- 5 meter from the spot the commander/Squad leader selected/requested...but no.

Last edited by Harmor (2006-07-06 11:32:31)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found

Colfax wrote:

Whats the new min. for starting the game?
I'm hearing conflicting reports.  Some guy said its 6 for 16-player map, 8 for 32.  I haven't been able to confirm since I don't have 7 friends to test it with :-P
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6703|Oslo, Norway
it's impossible to drop it on roofs, hence no more karkand glitching...
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6644|Canada Eh?
I noticed an odd glitch, a clanmate was commander and he was able to drop 2 sometimes 3 vehicle drops in a row near the hotel on Road to Jalalalabad
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found

WilhelmSissener wrote:

Then what's this then:

that was posted above?
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6703|Oslo, Norway

Harmor wrote:

WilhelmSissener wrote:

Then what's this then:

that was posted above?
0_o someone found a problem with it, when i checked it did not let me...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
all 1.4 servers are somewhere in Europe, therefore it's impossible for me to actually join a multiplayer game.  Just finished playing SP Road to Jalalabad, and it's nothing that special.
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6503|Denmizzark!!
Does someone know the new minimum to start a ranked game? I smell stat-padding..
stonehand
I need a medic here! Please?!?
+12|6651|Southern Indiana
The best solution I have heard so far is to only able to drop a vehicle upon request.

Last edited by stonehand (2006-07-06 12:04:24)

Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6478|Bournemouth, South England
I think they should make the vehicles behaviour "in-flight" more interesting, like sometimes the parachute will fail...BOOOM! Or when the vehicle lands, it bounces around like a tit for ages. Just for a bit of comedy value I 'spose....
ssulli
+17|6670|Raleigh, North Carolina
Here's a U.S. server for ya Spearhead:

La Cantina Boneyard- UNRANKED BF2
205.138.193.55:16567

There's a few more, just broaden your filter on the server search or check out game-monitor.com. (I think all the U.S. ones are unranked for some reason)
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6689|Las Vegas

Penetrator_01 wrote:

I think they should make the vehicles behaviour "in-flight" more interesting, like sometimes the parachute will fail...BOOOM! Or when the vehicle lands, it bounces around like a tit for ages. Just for a bit of comedy value I 'spose....
That would be just......silly.
GnashersMate
Squeal piggy! Squeal!
+10|6625|The Greatest Country on Earth!
The guys who did the testing for the patch that brought in Vehicle Drops proposed most the ideas being proposed here...  did DICE listen then...?

Personally, I agree with the 'upon request only' proposal

my two cents worth

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard