AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6614|Seattle, WA
Ok so I haven't been playing BF2 for about 3 months, and I come back, download 1.3, and find about 100 or so PISTOL KNIFE servers....last time i checked this was a direct violation of EA's ROE...and I went on one of these servers to take some screenshots of padding bastards and I used reg weapons and they CALL ME A cheater, you gotta be kidding me, is Pistol knife servers OK with EA now or am I completely oblivous to the fact that these a-holes running pistol knife servers can call me a cheater when I'm following the damn rules set by EA.  Otherwise SET ME STRAIGHT and tell me when these p&k servers went from STAT PADDING to OK. Thanks.
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6589|Cork, Ireland
They didn't. I think it's just that EA/DICE couldn't be bothered to shut them down
-=5TON3D
+42|6504|u.k
search.
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6603|England
Against ROE, but seriously, why do you give a fuck ?
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Now the requirements are lowered for badges like expert knife i don't think EA/most people care.

I still think it's against the "ROE",i'm not sure i haven't read it.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6614|Seattle, WA

-=5TON3D wrote:

search.
I did, and I couldn't find a definitive answer, just people whining (like me) about it but NO ANSWERS.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6614|Seattle, WA

-=]DeatH1337[=- wrote:

Against ROE, but seriously, why do you give a fuck ?
Because I get kicked from those servers for using reg weapons REASON: I'M STAT PADDING

Cmon you gotta be kidding me.
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6649|Broadlands, VA
Albert - YES it IS against the ROE.  Period.  E.O.L.

By the same token - if you knowingly went on to a server that advertised themsolves as K/P Only and got kicked for tearing up the joint with a <insert big gun here> - well, don't go there.

Why doesn't EA shut them down?  Perhaps they are not reported?  Maybe it's just too not important enough.  That part I cannot answer.
H0ly(rap
+10|6690|Nebraska
lol who reads roe anyways, lol (this is a retorical question(for u dummies that means dont answer))
-=5TON3D
+42|6504|u.k
lol they expect everyone to abide by the ROE,but how the hell is everyone suppost to know about it unless people use well informed forums like this one?.

ROE's so important for us to know yet,

the only place you hear about it's on forums.
theres never been a popup message about it when logging into bf2.
no emails received about it on my bf2 account.
when you do find the ROE site you have to register before you can read it lol.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6614|Seattle, WA

-=5TON3D wrote:

lol they expect everyone to abide by the ROE,but how the hell is everyone suppost to know about it unless people use well informed forums like this one?.

ROE's so important for us to know yet,

the only place you hear about it's on forums.
theres never been a popup message about it when logging into bf2.
no emails received about it on my bf2 account.
when you do find the ROE site you have to register before you can read it lol.
Good point! +1
SoC./Omega
+122|6511|Omaha, Nebraska!
whats the point in registering and giving away your info to read stupid EA's ROE?
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6493|Little blue planet, milky way
I think that Jord is correct in so much as they (EA) dont really care. But reading the RoE, it ALSO specifices that users are obliged to follow any ADDITIONAL rules that the server admins impose on them. So if they have started a server specifically for the purpose of K/P, then when you go there you "should" follow those rules. When it comes right down to it, there are also "high scoring servers", where they kick people when theres too many to provide a decent score, and there's infantry only servers. There's servers where you have to "wait in line" for jets, servers where you get banned for spamming claymores all over the place, doing suicide car bombings, and servers where you are not allowed to attack UCBs.
ALL of these are server admin imposed rules, and server admin imposed rules are NOT against the RoE, as long as they do not contradict the global rules (read paragraph 2.3 that was recently changed).

I've tried to find recent information about the K/P servers being "illegal", but I've found none.

The best I can find is that it's ILLEGAL to IMPOSE rules contrary to the global RoE, but not specifically illegal to play by such rules as pr RoE 1.5. As I read that, it means that if you run a server, and the players WANT to play the map as K/P, then it's ok, but you as an admin are not allowed to FORCE people to follow any such rules (ie ban someone for using a nade or tank). So playing K/P is fine, but forcing people to use ONLY K/P is not allowed.

At the same time paragraph 1.8 states that it's not allowed to "stats-pad" and that K/P is considered stats padding, same as glitching, etc. So to be on the safe side, just dont play K/P untill EA has decided what's actually "padding" and what isn't. From the the RoE, it seems they're not truly decided yet.

Ofcourse this is MY interpretation of the rules, but I have yet to hear of anyone getting wiped for playing K/P, though I have heard of at least one instance of someone getting a warning for doing so (not to say that the bugger wasn't probably padding on the server instead of playing)

That doesn't mean that I personally CONDONE playing on K/P servers, I think it's a damned waste of time, as the games tend to go on FOREVER because noone dies, they just get revived all the time. After all, it's almost impossible to kill a medic with a pistol when he's holding the bag (I've tried, ran out of pistol ammo and had to switch to/reload primary to kill the bugger, I might have had more luck if he would just stand still for a moment though).

A copy of the RoE:

Preface

Pur pose of this document:

This document explains the Rules of Engagement that all Ranked Servers and Players must follow.

1 GLOBALLY ENFORCED RANKED SERVER RULES

These are rules that all administrators and players using ranked servers are expected to observe and are set by EA, BF2RS under the EULA/TOS/RSA/ROE.

§1.1 You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are on any Ranked Servers.

* § This would include the copy and distribution of copyrighted software or cd- keys

§1.2 You may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (this does not apply to trusted partners and in game server messages) on any ranked servers.

* § Trusted Partners and Advertisers are excluded from this ruling.

§1.3 You may not change (hack) any core games files, load into memory or employ external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving yourself an unfair advantage over other players.

This would include but not limited to:

* § MSX and other 3rd party software.
* § Modification of weapons code, aka Tank turrets exploit.
* § CVAR hacks which would make players appear Neon
* § CVAR hacks that let players see thru walls or buildings
* § Mini-Map hack so all players are visible
* § Modification of Player Names which would alter their size or colors.
* § Items not included in this list would be up to EA & DICE to interpret.

§1.4 Server administrators may not change any game settings defined as standard for ranked servers (ticket ratios, server password, round time, etc.)

§1.5 Server administrators may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on vehicles or weapons that players can use while on your server (e.g. knives only, aircraft prohibited except for clan members, etc.)

* § Infantry only Servers
* § Kicking Players who use vehicles or aircraft
* § Limiting certain vehicles or aircraft for non clan members

§1.6 Server administrators may not explicitly or implicitly (by actions) enforce restrictions on roles or kits that players can use while on your server.

* § Spec Ops
* § Squad Leader
* § Note.. Commander class can not be enforced due to the § 2.3 rule change

§1.7 Server administrators may not use non-standard (custom map packs) maps or modified versions of standard maps.

§1.8 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

* § Knife-Pistol- Revive
* § Knife-Pistol only Servers
* § Knife only Servers
* § High Points Servers
* § Infantry only Servers
* § No Artillery or Armour Servers
* § Using Vehicles removed from battlefield for purposes of artificially inflating points
* § Turning boats upside down and repairing
* § Glitching inside buildings.
* § Modifying game files for vehicles and weapons.
* § Items not included in this list would be up to EA & DICE to interpret.

§1.9 Players may not Impersonate or abuse BF2RS ADMINS.

§1.10 Server administrators will not go to ANY public or clan ranked server and threaten or bully any clan or clan administrator.

* § Admins are to only observe and report back to their department head
* § Admins will not contact or interfere in clan ranked servers
* § Admins will at no time contact any trusted provider
* § Admins at no time will state rules if they see violations
* § Admins who do not follow this procedure will immediately be fired
* § These rules do not apply to contract servers we have with trusted providers

§1.20 GLOBAL CONFIGURATON SETTINGS – ALL RANKED SERVERS

* § Min Players: 16
* § sv.password = empty string. Ranked servers may not be password protected. Ranked servers are intended to be available to all players.
* § sv. numPlayersNeededToStart = (6 for maxPlayers 16, 10 for 32, 10 for 64)
* § sv.spawnTime 15
* § sv.manDownTime 15
* § sv. ticketRatio 100
* § sv. teamRatioPercent 100
* § sv.punkBuster 1
* § Though it is not required, EA requests that all servers run Friendly Fire at 100% for all settings, including mines (sv. friendlyFireWithMines).
* § Ranked servers must be entirely "pure" with no customization outside of the default content shipped by DICE/EA. Ranked servers will not be allowed to run Mods or CustomMaps, as we cannot ensure the balance of these components. Custom maps are never permitted.

§1. 21 TK PUNISHMENT

* § Option A: TK punish is optional for the player by using the pgup/pgdn voting system.
* § Option B: TK punish is to be set to automatic or on, but may not be set to off.

2 EA OFFICIAL PUBLIC SERVER RULES

These are rules that EA official server administrators enforce to maintain friendly, disciplined servers and are in addition to the global rules defined above.

§2.1 You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language in chat or voice mode.

§2.2 You may not use foul or slanderous language involving race, gender, sexual preference, religion or creed.

§2.3 You may not deliberately hinder your own team or acting in such as way as to cause team mates unavoidable deaths or team losses.

* § Commander flying or in a vehicle instead of commanding
* § Destruction of friendly vehicles
* § Excessive team killing
* § Team switching to gain medals or awards

You may not display abusive behaviour towards administrators. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly, you may lodge an appeal on the official forums

* § BF2 Ranked Servers Forums
* § King Dave admin@bf2rankedservers. com Director
* § IndianScout admin@bf2rankedservers. com Assistant Director

3 LOCAL (PRIVATELY RENTED) RANKED SERVER RULES MODIFICATIONS

Thes e are rules that are not enforced upon in EA’s public ranked servers but may be modified in privately rented ranked servers. These rules are decided by clan administrators for those servers and as long as they do not contradict any global rules enforced by EA are considered valid for those servers.

* § Artillery fire or bombing runs on main (uncapturable) bases may be prohibited.
* § Prolonged or sustained attacks on main (uncapturable) bases (i.e. spawncamping).
* § Using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping).
* § Impersonating clan members.
* § Using C4 on jeeps, or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles.
* § Clans may change or customise rules, provided they don’t violate the above ROE rules.

See you on the battlefield

Author s

EA
Combat Studios
BF2RS
King Dave
IndianScout
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
ROE is not working ya know only 90 players reported and 53 servers reported... and why did u give a shit? uve been kicked by a KP server for using Main weapon, then why did u join a knife and pistol server in the first place?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6739|Human Meat Shield
Seems like this rule: * § Using C4 on jeeps, or other fast moving vehicles to take out other vehicles, is because one of these:IndianScout, King Dave,BF2RS --got rammed by a Derka Derka....

Does it seem that BF2RS people make rules to benefit THIER game???? Or is it just me..

I can see a couple things that shouldn't be in there: ( I know its optional, but still why is it a optional rule? If its not a rule don't put it in here.)
* § Artillery fire or bombing runs on main (uncapturable) bases may be prohibited. (whaaaa!!)
* § Prolonged or sustained attacks on main (uncapturable) bases (i.e. spawncamping).(whaaaa!! Use another spawn point or use teamwork!)
* § Using the Transport Helicopters to take flags (Blackhawk whoring or flag hopping). (wtf??)
* § Destruction of friendly vehicles
* § Excessive team killing ( I do this everytime I play when I nade whore )
§2.1 You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language in chat or voice mode. ( who DOESN'T do this )

So ... DICE is breaking thier own rule :* § Infantry only Servers with the 1.4 patch....soooo does that mean they _____________.

Last edited by imdead (2006-07-06 04:27:18)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6500|Boston, MA
Hehe, I do that all the time, I go on pistol knife servers just to use regular guns and have them bitch at me, it's quite fun.
panzer830x
+4|6489
i have been playing p&k for 3 months...it has been a great time.....its not stat padding...whatever hair that is up your ass about p&k should be plucked
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6649|Broadlands, VA
Well, this got me curious.  So I hunted out a few P/K servers.  MAN!  What a BLAST!  I have not had that much fun in a long time.  However, I found this statement on one of the servers (The server Message):

"Pistol/Knife Only servers are against the EA ROE, therefore Admins will NOT kick or ban for using weapons other than pistols or knives.  However, we would REALLY appreciate it if you would keep to Pistols, Knives & explosives."

So, the commanders stayed in armor, right on the front line and the rest of us melee'd in the Karkand Market Place.

Other than that, I have no feelings either way - not that I'm god of BF2 or anything.
panzer830x
+4|6489

Kaosdad008 wrote:

Well, this got me curious.  So I hunted out a few P/K servers.  MAN!  What a BLAST!  I have not had that much fun in a long time.  However, I found this statement on one of the servers (The server Message):

"Pistol/Knife Only servers are against the EA ROE, therefore Admins will NOT kick or ban for using weapons other than pistols or knives.  However, we would REALLY appreciate it if you would keep to Pistols, Knives & explosives."

So, the commanders stayed in armor, right on the front line and the rest of us melee'd in the Karkand Market Place.

Other than that, I have no feelings either way - not that I'm god of BF2 or anything.
wow there is someone who finally isnt a ass cause a server has pistol and knives...people will stat pad just as much as normal servers so everyone else shut the fuck up
aqempty
+6|6476|international waters
helping to get expert knife badge? its only 100 kills and u only have to score 7 in a round(very easy in a sniper map),it maybe helps to get the expert pistol badge because reach 17 kills with pistol isnt easy but not impossible. it helps for those ribons who require 50 team points because in normal severs are almost impossible without being a statpadder
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6500|Boston, MA

panzer830x wrote:

i have been playing p&k for 3 months...it has been a great time.....its not stat padding...whatever hair that is up your ass about p&k should be plucked
I don't mean to say this to yelll at you or anything, just my personal opinion...

I do think it is stat padding. The point of pistol/knife servers is that you can easily rack up kills with the pistol and knife so you could get the medals for it much easier and much faster, but it's not just that. The points are also much easier to get. Most of the time, people play medic on those servers. They will run around and revive everybody that dies so they get a ton of points for that, healing and resupply points are incredibly easy to get, so everybody gets a ton of points from that. Also, tickets and deaths don't count until you actually die and respawn, but the kills still do. So you could easily get a kill streak of 50+ with little to no effort, just a few medics who want quick revive points. Basically, it's a way to quickly get medic, combat, pistol, and knife badges, a way to get a ridiculous amount of points quickly, and a much higher k:d ratio with no effort at all.

I hope that clears things about for all of you that don't see how it's considered stat padding.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6596|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I think the burden should be on EA to get rid of the servers, and perhaps reset the server admin's stats.  Just because some dude spends time on a knife/pistol server should make him automatically eligible for reset.  I played on a server like that before I knew there were Rules of Engagement that I had to follow.  I have since read them, and I have not gone on a K&P server since, for fear of becoming an un-person.  (Big Brother's Watching You)

if EA really has that big of a problem for it, they should do a scan for the words "knife" or "pistol" every now and then and take away the server's privileges of being ranked.

They're too discrete.  that other kid was right: put a message on the startup rather than a dumb ad.  is it a problem?  address the problem not the symptoms.

Lastly, in my opinion, most cheaters will eventually get bored of cheating and either start to play honestly or leave the game for another game.  I think that EA should address the servers not the individuals.
{A.K.A}LordBeefman
+32|6571|Sydney, Australia
god not another post on p&k servers when are you alol going to let people play where they want too just don't make these lame threads when there are heaps already going
lAgBlRhino
+8|6670|Brisbane

{A.K.A}LordBeefman wrote:

god not another post on p&k servers when are you alol going to let people play where they want too just don't make these lame threads when there are heaps already going
Amen brother, +1 for you. It is not for anyone but EA to be Big Brother on what does and does not happen on the servers.

Anyone who goes into a k/p server with the intent of using normal auto weapons just to go against what is happening there really needs to get a grip on their own self worth (yes you AlbertWesker[RE] )and find something more fullffilling to do with their time.

Go save a whale or something.

People will always find a way around, or even flaunt the ROE whether we like it or not.

There are plenty on servers out there trying to cater for all our varied tastes, so stop bullying people by threatening to report them and play the game.

If these people (who pay for the servers that YOU play on) want to have k/p a server, and that is their request when you log on, show them some courtesy and abide by their rules. I refuse to shed a tear for anyone who ignores the rules of the server.

Last edited by lAgBlRhino (2006-07-06 23:21:53)

elmo1337
Banned
+186|6529|The real world

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard