Defiance
+438|6672

duffry wrote:

If anyone wishes to challenge the rules & settings for this event please PM me.

A decision needs to be made on these things & I have made them in the interests of a fun community event. Opening them up to public debate is counter productive as there are so many opinions out there.

I promise a rules review AFTER this event & before the next one. For now though there is a lot of prep to be done by the teams & the sooner the rules & settings are in place the sooner they can prep strategies, train etc.
Where are the current proposed rules posted?
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6841|Cheshire, UK
Sorry for double post. Posting from phone.

Secure TS servers are being provided for each team (probably tonight) & admins will monitor them during the match. Reserves should wait in another channel for the team lead to call them when/if required.

The match rules are listed on the sign up page.
Please check there for updates.

I do need to trawl through the forums & make sure all info is on that page.

Last edited by duffry (2006-07-04 03:11:17)

Defiance
+438|6672

duffry wrote:

Sorry for double post. Posting from phone.

Secure TS servers are being provided for each team (probably tonight) & admins will monitor them during the match. Reserves should wait in another channel for the team lead to call them when/if required.
It's not a DP
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6841|Cheshire, UK
Thought it would be.
You're too quick

Edited above to answer your question.
Defiance
+438|6672

duffry wrote:

Thought it would be.
You're too quick

Edited above to answer your question.
Muchos Gracias

Last edited by Defiance (2006-07-04 03:20:27)

obstacle02
+3|6518
how long do we have to sign up? 'cause i really wanna play, but i'm at my dad's currently, and wont be back til tomorrow at least, then i still have to download x-fire.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6841|Cheshire, UK
You can sign up anytime but the event is over subscribed.
You need to convince the team leaders that you are worthy to be on the team for this, the first and most prestigious, of these events.
obstacle02
+3|6518
oh yeah, also, where it says "Screen name," do you want our BF2S forum screen name, or our actual BF2 account name?

Last edited by obstacle02 (2006-07-04 15:46:04)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6655
Yay I'm in (unless if mr. numbers is teh li0r )
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6841|Cheshire, UK

obstacle02 wrote:

oh yeah, also, where it says "Screen name," do you want our BF2S forum screen name, or our actual BF2 account name?
BF2 account name.

Major update!!!

ok, I know I've been kinda quiet but believe me I've not forgotten about all this. So, there's some more into to impart:

The match server has been set up and is ready to be played on.
This is an unranked server running a mod built for us by an absolute star,
much respect to the man >>> FFOLKES         (karma the guy ffs!)
The mod can be downloaded here (instructions on that page.
This is a beta version and we would like to have people test it out (yes, unlike EA we test this shit).

The match server is up and running so please visit it and try this thing out for us.
The IP and port is: 217.10.144.130:16568
https://www.game-monitor.com/server-stat-image/5/383838/ffffff/f6b620/383838/217.10.144.130:16568.png

There has also been 2 training servers set up (also running the mod).
These are passworded for secure training. Your respective team leaders will be approaching you for training and providing you with details.

The TS servers are not yet set up but will be soon, again, details of these including passwords will be posted in the teams secure forums.

Each team now has a place to prepare strategies:
The sniper team have the well established Sniper Community pages
The medics now also have a Medic Community site; though whether this turns into more than a place to prepare for this match remains to be seen.

Both have a secure section for discussing team tactics where training server details will be posted.

The two forums above are a part of the DMZ-gaming community site and though they have separate logins for now we are looking to have a single logon for all DMZ gaming sections (though obviously different permissions) so people don't have to become members of too many forums. This will become the place were key information will be posted for upcoming events, but obviously we will be posting here too.

Last edited by duffry (2006-07-04 16:22:15)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

We had some meds that joined a forum to discuss pre-tactics. I have re-directed them to the correct place.
Good luck to everyone and have fun.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-07-04 16:23:01)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
sgt.napalmcb
C4 CRAZY!
+73|6650|United Kingdom
Nice job with the Mod, also this medic vs sniper seems to be very well organised... +1
FFOLKES
+39|6764
In regards to the mod, please post comments/feedback here in case you run into any problems.

FFOLKES
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica

FFOLKES wrote:

In regards to the mod, please post comments/feedback here in case you run into any problems.

FFOLKES
Will do.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

its on wake? do it on fucking Shongura
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

stryyker wrote:

Songhua

S.o.n.g.h.u.a.

S
o
n
g
h
u
a

S
o
  n
   g
    h
     u
      a

Damn it not you too THOU SHALT KNOW YOUR MAPS
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6637|South Jersey
Is the mod made so each team can only spawn as their respective kit?  If that is the case, then you'll have to change the rules about getting a "yellow card" for spawning as the wrong kit.  Anyway,  I'm gonna go get the mod.

edit:spelling

Last edited by -Gunsmoke- (2006-07-04 18:42:25)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

polarbearz wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Songhua

S.o.n.g.h.u.a.

S
o
n
g
h
u
a

S
o
  n
   g
    h
     u
      a

Damn it not you too THOU SHALT KNOW YOUR MAPS
omg dont care. Wake is shit for infantry play
FFOLKES
+39|6764

-Gunsmoke- wrote:

Is the mod made so each team can only spawn as their respective kit?  If that is the case, then you'll have to change the rules about getting a "yellow card" for spawning as the wrong kit.  Anyway,  I'm gonna go get the mod.

edit:spelling
No all armies have Medic and Sniper kits in the spawn screen.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
medics will win why?

medic runs, gets hit, hide heal.... repeat. unless they get headshotted
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

Meh
sgt.napalmcb
C4 CRAZY!
+73|6650|United Kingdom
THE MOD:
On each team it has the whole of the sniper and medic unlocks, and it has taken all APC and Tanks out of the map.

Nice Work FFOLKS
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6771|New York
lol, it's a good thing I know how to dolphin dive.
Havazn
+39|6695|van.ca
Looking through the list of snipers and medics, I must strongly suggest having both a Euro and North America match. Simply because: A. There are too many people for one game. B. Pings to a UK server are 150+ from my neck of the woods.

I joined a UK server the other day and to my surprise did fairly well with 150ms ping. However, the sniper's from NA simply cannot produce 100% quality with a latency like that.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6841|Cheshire, UK

Havazn wrote:

Looking through the list of snipers and medics, I must strongly suggest having both a Euro and North America match. Simply because: A. There are too many people for one game. B. Pings to a UK server are 150+ from my neck of the woods.

I joined a UK server the other day and to my surprise did fairly well with 150ms ping. However, the sniper's from NA simply cannot produce 100% quality with a latency like that.
Yeah, I've already covered this, I want to hold a US leg, especially if peoplehave ping issues.
We have a fair number of US and Canadian members who can play competitively on our servers though so not expecting a huge percentage of people having problems.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard