Pikez_Spudz
+0|6552|Singapore
go snipers? lol
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6652|Canada Eh?

k30dxedle wrote:

Signed up on the sniper team, although medics will probably win.

Why?

"CLEAR!" "CLEAR!" "CLEAR!" "CLEAR!"

Oh and depending on the date I might not be there.
Yea I totally agree with you...although I'm good with Medic, I prefer the Sniper kit because it's more fun. I signed up and like everyone else said... I might not be there depending on the date. Oh yea and are we gonna be using TS during the game or are we gonna be using the game's VOIP. (I'm assuming 90% of ppl here have mics)
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6832|Cheshire, UK

liquidat0r wrote:

PS, there is no 'back to homepage button' once the vote has been submitted
Thank you, done.

Also added a basic tally of the map votes so far.

BornToKill67 wrote:

Oh yea and are we gonna be using TS during the game or are we gonna be using the game's VOIP. (I'm assuming 90% of ppl here have mics)
I'll be providing a dedicated TS server to each of the teams, details to follow.

Last edited by duffry (2006-07-01 07:45:47)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6645
Wow, take a look at the medics stats:

15 medics
11 medics with a K:D of less than 1:1
3 medics with a K:D of just over 1:1
1 medic (me) with a K:D of 2.7:1

This sure looks promising Looks like I'll have to teach some of you guys how to hit long range targets with an m16/ak-101 (assuming we won't be using unlocks)
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6557|Area 51

duffry wrote:

You may or may not have heard about a challenge laid down to all snipers but it seems they have taken it up, and so was born the Medic vs Sniper competition.

I could post all the details here but I just spent all morning making a page to tell people all about it, so you'll have to read that instead. To save the eyes of people who are completely addicted to the BF2S forums I've shamelessly plagorized this site for the style (only seemed appropriate as the challenge was laid down here).

http://duffry.com/dmz/events/m_vs_s/

I'll be updating that page as and when new info comes along and posting here for important news.
Can someone PLZ HELP ME, I REALLY WANT TO BE ALONG, ok so filling in everything it pretty easy, but its required to name ur Xfire Id, But I did registrate, Nickname is: rdmc. But Where can I find my id?
Um, I filled in at Xfire id: Email me at: [email protected]
Is that ok? I really want to compete, if it is on the correct date

Crap I signed up for Sniper, could I change to medic? Sorry for the stupidity

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-07-01 08:20:07)

Metamort
+19|6677
I'm also signed up.

Thinking of the maps, the currant ones with most votes are, I believe:

Karkand 9
Wake 8
Sharqi 7
Mashtuur 5

It would seem that Karkand and Mashtuur lean toward medics because snipers can't see as far with all the haze, so snipers will always be visible if they're firing because they can't shoot or even see the enemy from far away. Sharqi and Wake lean towards snipers because they can see much farther as there is little (or in wake's case NO) haze to block their draw distance - so they can shoot the medics from 200m away and not even be visible.

So please lets have an even distribution of the two maps - not both sharqi and wake and not both Mashtuur and Karkand.

Also, are vehicles allowed? I didn't see anything about that but I would like it if it was only jeeps/transports.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6832|Cheshire, UK

RDMC(2) wrote:

duffry wrote:

You may or may not have heard about a challenge laid down to all snipers but it seems they have taken it up, and so was born the Medic vs Sniper competition.

I could post all the details here but I just spent all morning making a page to tell people all about it, so you'll have to read that instead. To save the eyes of people who are completely addicted to the BF2S forums I've shamelessly plagorized this site for the style (only seemed appropriate as the challenge was laid down here).

http://duffry.com/dmz/events/m_vs_s/

I'll be updating that page as and when new info comes along and posting here for important news.
Can someone PLZ HELP ME, I REALLY WANT TO BE ALONG, ok so filling in everything it pretty easy, but its required to name ur Xfire Id, But I did registrate, Nickname is: rdmc. But Where can I find my id?
Um, I filled in at Xfire id: Email me at: [email protected]
Is that ok? I really want to compete, if it is on the correct date

Crap I signed up for Sniper, could I change to medic? Sorry for the stupidity
All adjusted

SargeV1.4 wrote:

(assuming we won't be using unlocks)

Metamort wrote:

Also, are vehicles allowed? I didn't see anything about that but I would like it if it was only jeeps/transports.
Unlocks: Available (to be confirmed)
Vehicles: (to be confirmed)
Mustang99
+9|6516
I voted for karkand and wake that way you can see if it shows that medics are better on some and snipers are better on others and i think that vehicles should only be allowed to get somewhere quick but no killing with them (even runovers) and im not going into unlocks because i have mixed feelings about them maybe 1 round yes and 1 no......

Last edited by Mustang99 (2006-07-01 08:56:03)

pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6639
what the hell? the maps? karkland and wake? wtf are you on about why cant we choose a map noone plays on much to make it fair like zatar wetlands or oman?!
Entertayner
+826|6563

+ BH's
Mustang99
+9|6516
i just like them the best thats why i chose them
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6725|Oslo, Norway
*signs up*
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6832|Cheshire, UK

pure_beef_69 wrote:

what the hell? the maps? karkland and wake? wtf are you on about why cant we choose a map noone plays on much to make it fair like zatar wetlands or oman?!
"For fairness it will be left up to the leaders of each side to chose the maps"
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6699|67.222.138.85

duffry wrote:

pure_beef_69 wrote:

"For fairness it will be left up to the leaders of each side to chose the maps"
How will the leaders be choosen? Group vote?
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6619|Warlord
Just had a look at the signup page... hmm, if I were a medic I wouldn't be overly confident.

Snipers
dont_be_ss - long-range killer extraordinaire. He'll be our terrifying hand of God, or as the medics will be saying a fair bit, "WTF did that shot come from????" Actually there'll be a lot of that going around anyway

Nyte, Clean.Sweap and EntertaineR_06 in assault-rifle range? Just try to hit me bitches!

Don't know anyone else so sorry for not mentioning you.

Medics
Only know pure_beef_69 as a player so no ideas there. Of course if SargeV1.4 is as good as he says he is he'll win the round by himself...

I'm interested only in going commander (with pinch-hitting if necessary) because in a closeup encounter I've already said I think a decent medic team will win.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6619|Warlord
Oh on the map front it looks like it's going to be Sharqi and Wake... should be a very interesting contest on Sharqi but Wake? Be afraid medics, be very afraid.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6698|Antarctica

SargeV1.4 wrote:

15 medics

This sure looks promising Looks like I'll have to teach some of you guys how to hit long range targets with an m16/ak-101 (assuming we won't be using unlocks)
I'll be there and hopefully some of my mates
Sheep of War
+40|6635
Good work!

Seems we have a nice looking list already!
SealXo
+309|6528
Signed u,p , but the medicss all voted strike at karkand and thats pretty hard for sniping =/
what day is this thing?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6698|Antarctica

SealXo wrote:

Signed u,p , but the medicss all voted strike at karkand and thats pretty hard for sniping =/
what day is this thing?
............and the snipers all vote Mashtuur city, whats the difference?
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6748|United States of America

SargeV1.4 wrote:

15 medics

Mine's 1.62 growing everyday
RDMC
+736|6557|Area 51

Metamort wrote:

I'm also signed up.

Thinking of the maps, the currant ones with most votes are, I believe:

Karkand 9
Wake 8
Sharqi 7
Mashtuur 5

It would seem that Karkand and Mashtuur lean toward medics because snipers can't see as far with all the haze, so snipers will always be visible if they're firing because they can't shoot or even see the enemy from far away. Sharqi and Wake lean towards snipers because they can see much farther as there is little (or in wake's case NO) haze to block their draw distance - so they can shoot the medics from 200m away and not even be visible.

So please lets have an even distribution of the two maps - not both sharqi and wake and not both Mashtuur and Karkand.

Karkand, would be T3H map for Medics, much shelter and little cover for sniper, and poor visiblity over long ranges, but wake is totally in the advantage of Snipers, lots of cover, good visability, gonna be though for the medics (me ) on Wake
RDMC
+736|6557|Area 51

SargeV1.4 wrote:

15 medics

Mines currently at .94 But I've over 5500 kills with medic
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England
i dont care about k/d really, mines probably crap, but i know im a good infantry player.

i have had my account from when i began, and i also like to take stupid risks.

also, my accuracy suks as i like to shoot at nothing. constantly.
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6652|Canada Eh?
we need more people on the snipers team or we're gonna get our asses served to us.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard