How do you turn when flying a jet?

A and D keys8%8% - 9
Turn the jet on its side and pull up67%67% - 70
Other?24%24% - 25
Total: 104
FroznReign
Guns Have Safetys?
+15|6515
I was recently watching one of my friends play and I noticed he turned differently when in a jet. He was using the A and D keys. I usually slide the mouse to the side, so the jet is sideways, then pull up. I was wondering how many people do it using the keys and how many do it using the mouse. How do you do it?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6744|The United Center
wtf?  jets turn?
LT.Victim
+1,175|6560|British Columbia, Canada
You forgot Twist action on the joy stick...

And yes Thomas, Jets do turn, unless you like those who like to ram the carrier with tons of ppl in them , or ram the nearest tank/blackhawk you see. Then no, planes dont turn.
FroznReign
Guns Have Safetys?
+15|6515
lol... i forgot to add the joystick... probably because i don't have one and i neglect their existance, but oh well!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
I use the roll and pull up on hard turns, the A and D keys for small adjustments (like when bombing or strafing). BTW, i only use the keyboard. I find it way easier to use the arrow keys than the mouse.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6535|Chicago
I prefer the tilt and nose-up method. It's much quicker and allows more precise manuevers. Plus, if you flip your jet vertically, you can avoid rams much better. Vertically is up and down, by the way, in case you were going to ask.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6744|The United Center

LT.Victim wrote:

You forgot Twist action on the joy stick...

And yes Thomas, Jets do turn, unless you like those who like to ram the carrier with tons of ppl in them , or ram the nearest tank/blackhawk you see. Then no, planes dont turn.
</sarcasm>

seriously.  look at my stats before making stupid remarks.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6578|Melbourne, Australia.
Pull up/twist on joystick. when MG straifing I just twist the joystick
[TFT]Hostage
Never fear, I is here
+11|6551
I use keyboard only
I am too rought to use the Joystick, it always moves around- and I don't have the prescion movements with the mouse.

I like the keyboard because you can be very accurate on prescise turn and/or movements, the A and D are perfect for lining anything up with the rudder.
I tilt my wings and use A/D at the same time for a sharp turn.

For small adjustments, I use A/D alone.
Moogabi
+2|6525|California
Being a pilot in this real world, option B is the norm. The rudder is overexagerated in the game. Use option A to help with option B.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6704|67.222.138.85
AD on the keyboard is the same thing as twist on the joysticks.

I roll then pull up, same as in chopper...
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6682|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
ummmm ummm ummmm so nervoius stop it seesh now i forgot fucking joystick i think i use both i thnk god stop looking at me fuck!!!! pisss ok i am good fucking stryyker is looking through my window aww nvm thats my mom shit ok ummm i use tha turn and then pull up and i do random shit usally so i am like pisss and i an dodge shit like birds and bugs cuz you knowz planes dont have windshield wippers i think hold brb ill got in the garage, ok yep they dont have anyhitng SHit
Moogabi
+2|6525|California
Hmm, not sure what just happened but some do have wipers. Not that it matters.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

Superior Mind wrote:

I use the roll and pull up on hard turns, the A and D keys for small adjustments (like when bombing or strafing). BTW, i only use the keyboard. I find it way easier to use the arrow keys than the mouse.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6639|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Moogabi wrote:

Hmm, not sure what just happened but some do have wipers. Not that it matters.
the J10 doesnt

and we all know thats the only jet that really matters

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-06-25 20:27:54)

*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6804|The planet Tophet

Superior Mind wrote:

yeah same here
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6694|Sacramento
I said Other because I actually do both
A & D mostly to stabilize my turns (which is my "twist" on my stick)
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6532|Edmonton Alberta
i use one of these---- http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ … ENTID=9069

and i use what would be L2, R2 on ps controller for minor movements

and when i turn i roll and pull up
and when i need to make a hard turn i roll pull up and use the rudder

and i hardly ever fly but theres no way in hell i can with the keyboard so i use a gamepad while flying jets n choppers.... but i usually just let other people use the flying vehicles unless they are just  there i dont use them

but once in a while i try n steal a j-10 on wake and thats always rewarding/fun
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6761

I do both at the same time, because when you do an absolute sharp turn (tilted 90 degrees) your plane will start going towards the ground, adjustable via the tail rudder movements.

All-keyboarder speaking too.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6693|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
Roll and pull up ftw
tupla_s
+455|6590|Finland
I turn the jet on its side and pull up and also use the A and D keys (at the same time)

Last edited by tupla_s (2006-06-25 23:47:34)

Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6668|The Netherlands
I use it both, but don't know how precisely cause I'm not really thinking while flying, I'm just doing it.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6790|Jupiter

ThomasMorgan wrote:

wtf?  jets turn?
Bernadictus
+1,055|6734

I combine the elevators and rudders in flying, it helps making more inpredictable turns and tighter turns.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard