straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6558|Edmonton Alberta
theres one thing i cannot stand is when your on sharqi playing as usmc and the tv station gets caped is the damn squads dont try and get back the tv station

theres no way u can win without the tv station the whole round as usmc on sharqi

tonight i was playing that map as commander and i ordered EVERY squad to attack tv STation and nobody did...once in  a while there would be a few lone wolf that would attack tv station but nobody really tried

dont u want uav support? arty?

aghhhh that pissedd me of so much especially when i saw a whole squad of 4 of just snipers?
isnt this supposed to be a squad based game? wheres the squad play?
Delphy
+45|6608|Bristol, UK
Yep, nobody listens to you as commander. Or they're like "yes" to orders but go in the opposite direction. You can have some fun with commander though, i.e. cartilerry on friendlys, or telling one-man squads to "divide up and form two squads" "you have your orders soldier" and spamming "my grandmother could do better". Gotta love the no flood-control as comm..
But yeah, i try not to play comm with a cappable base, as nobody will defend it.
straz_mataz
Banned
nobody will ever defend it.... i agree
but when its captured most people should know they are going to lose without uav/arty support
u all know on sharqi everybody spawns at the city entrance except whoever is going for the heli but if they dont get that they get the tank................all im saying is if your playing sharqi and the tv station gets taken try and take it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6792|Human Meat Shield
Yeah... I feel your pain... Everyone knows they have to protect the ass-ets ; for the commander to a good job. Either it being on Karkand, Warlord, Dragon Valley,Sharqi, Night Flight or any clumped together assets, they need to be protected. But everyone has tunnel-vision and want's points so bad that they head for the front of the line, not to defend mind you, to attack the uncaps...wha?? And when the assets are destroyed who are the first people to either mutiny (which never works) and complain. Another thing I hate is when a commander first gets the job and you see one UAV in 20 minutes.. then when the games round is almost over he leaves. Or when your assets are destroyed and you have a tanker bitching, "where is my crate asshole, I've called for it 50 times", I just want to say " You're engineer fix you own goshdang tank or repair my shit!" Of course when I spot enemies I've been really lucky sometimes, the troops actually respond to them and mow them down, spotting does wonders, for the people who don't like spotting you probably are the ones at the front flags looking at your kills everytime you die to see if you are MR. Badass. When Im drinking beer, Im a defender. I help the commander. Because with one hand thats basically all I can do is AT or snipe.
SniperF0x
+49|6548
Yeah, its annoying sometimes you've got good squads wich will always listen but most are always those squads just for points/squad time.
It would be nice if you could give all squad members of a squad lets say 2 points each 2 minutes or so for good behaviour, so they would be stimulated to do their job.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6685|Groningen, The Netherlands

Delphy wrote:

Yep, nobody listens to you as commander. Or they're like "yes" to orders but go in the opposite direction. You can have some fun with commander though, i.e. cartilerry on friendlys, or telling one-man squads to "divide up and form two squads" "you have your orders soldier" and spamming "my grandmother could do better". Gotta love the no flood-control as comm..
But yeah, i try not to play comm with a cappable base, as nobody will defend it.
low ranked players do listen to you, if you say attack this position they will do it
even if it is an island in the middle of nowhere
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6742|Las Vegas
It all comes back to stats. 

If there were only one stat in this game and that stat was wins vs. losses, it would be a whole other ballgame.  As it stands, people are much more interested in other things besides winning the match.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, as cool as stats are (and they are really cool, I'm not saying otherwise) the stat feature adds a lot to the game, but it also takes away considerably when it comes to teamplay.

When it's all said and done, I'll take it the way it stands, stats add a layer of interest to the game that is very cool. I like knowing how many hours I've spent doing whatever, and I like to see my ratios.  The addition of stats, awards and medals has brought about a very noticible shift in player's priorities. 

It's a tradeoff in the end, but there is no denying that it's here to stay.

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-06-24 03:08:06)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6714|Devon, England
i will always, ALWAYS try and take the tv station, as long as i have at least 1 medic in my squad, otherwise i cant do my bomb disposl duties (ie. walk in and blow up the claymores with your face, then getting revived).

its not always gr8 to have tho, as it can get raped massively by the havoc.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6666|England
You summed up why i left sharqi for Karkand. Now i am a Armored fury d-0-0-d
panzer830x
+4|6542
i agree but commander or lone wolf have you guys ever had a team where you felt that you were the star and your team were lazy fat asses who didnt follow orders....i was on a server where i kept dying and there were 4 team medics and they didnt revive me....no one was attacking so they were free to do it...god...have you guys ever found a good team?

https://www.userbars.com/galerie/images/files/3/8/bf2.jpghttps://www.userbars.com/galerie/images/files/3/16/metallica.gifhttps://www.userbars.com/galerie/images/files/3/14/ecw2.gif
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6552|Belgium

straz_mataz wrote:

aghhhh that pissedd me of so much especially when i saw a whole squad of 4 of just snipers?
isnt this supposed to be a squad based game? wheres the squad play?
Amen to that. The previews were all full of squad systems and enhaced multiplay, but squads are usually just a bundle of lone wolfs with the same tag
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6676
The thing is - the Cobra can easily take care of anyone trying to take the TV station. small room full of soldiers + big ass minigun = lots of dead people. of course, the cobra is never up for long because no one who can actually use TV-guided missles is ever in it so the Havok always wins
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
DoNER90
+14|6540|South Africa
the secret is just tell the chopper crew before they even reach the TV station
Kendoson
+10|6718|Scotland

DoNER90 wrote:

the secret is just tell the chopper crew before they even reach the TV station
Yup have to agree when commanders spot everything heading to areas most will b intercepted b4 they get there far better than taking stuff back make sure they never get it only need 2 fast moving squads they can protect the whole map
QUADRACER70
+0|6687|So. Cal (Riverside)

SargeV1.4 wrote:

The thing is - the Cobra can easily take care of anyone trying to take the TV station. small room full of soldiers + big ass minigun = lots of dead people. of course, the cobra is never up for long because no one who can actually use TV-guided missles is ever in it so the Havok always wins
Everytime I see that chopper go up I ask for pickup and he keeps flying. I am a great gunner and TV Missle guy.   So if you see me PLEASE pick me up.  I can't fly but I CAN GUN.
5peedy
+27|6622|the Faroe Islands
i love being commander, but it sucks that the squads don't follow orders... thats why it's good to be in a clan...
LOLtacular
+10|6547
Here's an idea; if you're playing commander on Sharqi you can DEFEND the TV Station yourself instead of sitting in some corner of the stairwell. Use the commander screen and spot out the enemies, if they're in the flag room already you know exactly where you need to throw grenades. Cover the entire area with C4 (some in the stairwell too), use Flash Bangs, Smokes, etc.

Or you could just get a good Cobra pilot (gunner not important) and you'll never have to worry about the Havok/APC/Tank on that map, and any sneaky infantry who get to the TV station won't be living very long.
Hallvard
+262|6545|North Norway

Delphy wrote:

or telling one-man squads to "divide up and form two squads" "you have your orders soldier" and spamming "my grandmother could do better". Gotta love the no flood-control as comm..
how do you do that? I don't play commander much, first time today actually, but I've heard some other commanders using those...
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6601|Florida
Most of the time the scenario you described is pretty accurate lol, and its annoying yes.  But other times its annoying when the commander tells me (an assault kit) to go make repairs here....and Im the squad leader...and the only person in the squad.  Doesnt make sense to me.  But I feel your pain man
straz_mataz
Banned

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

Most of the time the scenario you described is pretty accurate lol, and its annoying yes.  But other times its annoying when the commander tells me (an assault kit) to go make repairs here....and Im the squad leader...and the only person in the squad.  Doesnt make sense to me.  But I feel your pain man
commanders that ask you to repair his commander assets often dont know that they can repair their shit with supply crates
FroznReign
Guns Have Safetys?
+15|6540
lol... and sometimes you can tell when people are commanders just for 2x points when they don't do crap. They just run in and completely neglect their "powers" and their squads' orders. And when you mutiny them, it needs like 50 million votes and no one gives a damn...
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6649|Sea to globally-cooled sea
you're right about Sharqi, but that's because TV station is impossible to get to.  There are other capable mains that are a lot easier to defend, and people will defend those.

Also, a commander can reward people who follow orders...dropping vehicles or supply boxes, or giving them UAV when they ask, even though more people want it elsewhere.  That works really well.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6779|United States of America
yeah, we know how it goes.
FroznReign
Guns Have Safetys?
+15|6540

G3|Genius wrote:

Also, a commander can reward people who follow orders...dropping vehicles or supply boxes, or giving them UAV when they ask, even though more people want it elsewhere.  That works really well.
I agree, but there's just not enough people that actually listen to you, in my opinion.
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6708|Seattle
Well I often have the opposite problem:

I try to take the TV station but the commander is to busy in a tank/chopper/jeep to help me out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard