Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6654
Sometimes when I'm playing wake, I get the chinese chopper and go rape the little usmc island where their arty is. (Don't -1 me, what else should I do? Fly little circle in air? They always could spawn on carrier!) When I'm there, I hear essex shooting at me and my choppers health is going down very fast. (I'm trying to go away but that essex rate of fire and damage is HUGE) Then when I'm just about to die, essex stops shooting me. Then I'm happy I get away to airfield get repairs.

How can they see so far as to the island? And why they always stop shooting me when I'm about to die?

Edit: Now someone gave me -1.

Last edited by Hacial (2006-06-24 05:17:20)

[RTC]invaderzim69
+19|6590|newcastle australia
What are is your view distance set on? i can easily see the island.
Defiance
+438|6706

Depends on who's in the phalanx. Better computer = farther draw distance.

Also, the gun overheats just before a transport chopper goes down.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6615|Melbourne, Australia.
When i'm in the J10, the essex's range lasts until about the edge of the north peninsula.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6662|UK
I can see the island from the Essex...
Defiance
+438|6706

Am I the only one that bothers to anwer the second question?
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6654
I have draw distance at 100 %, but all my graphics are at low because of my GF 6600. -.-'
My new GPU is coming from germany, now I have been waiting for two and ½ weeks but still not here... -.-'<
I think I can't see to the island because everything is at low?
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6754|Melbourne, Australia
when im on the carrier i can manage to see the siloheat (or watever its called its a queer sounding word when i dont pronounce it right it makes me proud) of the island
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6724|London, UK
on dalian plant the essex can hit the last flag  somehow...
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6754|Las Vegas

I.M.I Militant wrote:

when im on the carrier i can manage to see the siloheat (or watever its called its a queer sounding word when i dont pronounce it right it makes me proud) of the island
Silhouette

Sill-oo-et

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-06-23 06:06:30)

Delphy
+45|6620|Bristol, UK
Haha, silo heat.

https://www.ruthrussell.net/photos/Taji%20food%20silo/Ruths%20Iraq%20pictures%20666.jpg
Wicked97
+5|6560
The essex shells will fire to the edge of the water at south base. You can stand just in the water and watch the shells blow up in mid air a couple feet from you.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6676|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
yeah and the missiles can track til just over the beach

which really can suck..
Badcomp
+2|6823|U.S.

I.M.I Militant wrote:

are you meaning silhouette??
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6602|NYC / Hamburg

i can just barely see the big island (the one with all the bases) from the carrier. The little island is no problem at all (btw: did anyone try sniping the carrier from the little island? very fun)
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
DSRTurtle
+56|6720

max wrote:

i can just barely see the big island (the one with all the bases) from the carrier. The little island is no problem at all (btw: did anyone try sniping the carrier from the little island? very fun)
I love snipers who try that.  Easy knife kills
irok100
+114|6684
i hit a guy this morining on Dalian... from 565 Meters out of a chopper from the South docks to the Carrier
Delphy
+45|6620|Bristol, UK
It is too good now, its annoying.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6744

Hacial wrote:

Sometimes when I'm playing wake, I get the chinese chopper and go rape the little usmc island where their arty is. (Don't -1 me, what else should I do? Fly little circle in air? They always could spawn on carrier!) When I'm there, I hear essex shooting at me and my choppers health is going down very fast. (I'm trying to go away but that essex rate of fire and damage is HUGE) Then when I'm just about to die, essex stops shooting me. Then I'm happy I get away to airfield get repairs.

How can they see so far as to the island? And why they always stop shooting me when I'm about to die?
I was doing that last night ( shooting choppers from the essex).  Like previously stated the gun over heats and then you have to wait a for it to cool down or you can only fire a round or two every other second.  It's not over powered to me.  Takes one TV missile or some sustained fire from a plane to kill gun and if you were not able to rape the USMC un-cappable spawn points then wake would be fairly balanced map.

I did bring the pain to one plane whore last night.  I killed him 4 times with the AA and I did not die that round.  My team would not have even got off the deck if I had not kept him from bombing us, still my team could not hold a flag for more than 10 seconds.

Tip: shoot down the UAV with it.

Last edited by cheshiremoe (2006-06-23 09:30:00)

Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6811|UK

I.M.I Militant wrote:

https://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1474/lol9hy.png
bennisboy
+829|6681|Poundland
playing on wake today, I was able to see way over 550metres, I could easily see the carrier from the beach. N I could see people at north village, when the distance icon was 537m
bigp66
+63|6583|memphfrica-memphis,TN
no
bennisboy
+829|6681|Poundland

bigp66 wrote:

no
erm what?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard