Flares dont work very well12%12% - 46
BF2-AF sucks and can't get any worse6%6% - 24
BF2-AF is great and can't get any better22%22% - 83
Other17%17% - 63
Total: 363
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6808
I like AF, I really do.  If only I could persuade a commander to give me a resupply box when I get the AA vehicle into a good position, I'd make the Expert Air Defense badge so quickly.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6546|Boston, MA
I voted other. The game is great when there's about 30-40 people on the server but I have a lot of free time in the mornings. There's hardly anybody playing then and the few people that do, do nothing but fly planes and drive tanks. I know that's the point of Armored Fury but I'd like some people to at least just go after capture points. I played a game just now where we killed them a ton of times but since I was the only one on our team capping points and their whole team was, we ended up losing.
Crawdaddy79
+27|6552
I think AF is the most well-balanced BF2 is going to get.

I like the fact that it's difficult for planes and helicopters to dominate the map.

If you're a ground-pounder you're in trouble though.. Better remember where each and ever TOW missle is because you'll need to use them to stay above water.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6546
I said the flares work in wierd ways. A lot of times il get hit after dropping flares in my a10. Dunno why it seems that missiles just ignore them most of the time.
docnutz
+39|6775|B O S T ON area

Canterwood wrote:

Nothing!
What sux is having to wait for planes/ choppers b/c everybody is an expert!!!!!!!!
Jester.retseJ
+4|6746|Toronto, On
a) Transport helicopters are the best thing they've ever come up with. So much fun to use!

b) Why is it that the PLA always get screwed?

c) Flares work about as well as throwing rubber chickens behind you.

d) FTW's with the AA. Can't fly without a constant lock-on. Either have stationary AA sites and/or mobile AA, not both.
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6555|GREAT Britain
nothing wrong with armored fury its great, road rage and harvest are really fun, not a huge fan of midnight sun, but thats not bad either, i guess for most people who have it and dont play it, its cus its not karkand you should have made that an option
Phrozenbot
+632|6631|do not disturb

If maybe repair points were easier to get (not faster to repair, just easier to get for less repairing) then maybe vehicle maps might be a little more rewarding. It's only fair, look at karkand. Oh yea, everyone is back to playing the ol' Karkand again. Shallow I say, shallow.
Kilted
+1|6511
Finally had an evening with a 64 player AF server.......everyone was really working together.
OH MY.....what carnage....this is what this game was made for instead of a bunch of campers.

My only complaint is that Harvest should also have Jets available.
leesupport
+39|6698
i think AF is a very fair game Planes can blow stuff up good AA have a good chance agains planes so you have to be good pilot
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6565|CH/BR - in UK

and who kills the AA? There are way too many tanks and little to fight them...
voltage
+46|6856|Sweden

T0rr3nt wrote:

what about the scout choppers, imho, being too slow for their size and they really arent that mauverable.
Agreed. Bought it today and have not tried much but the scout chopper was a disappointment. It feels like flying a regular attack chopper, it's too heavy. I guess I was expecting the same feeling the birds in Desert Combat gave. Furthermore it needs 2 AT rockets to down them, 1 should be enough IMO. They should make it quicker and weaker. Agility would compensate for weakness.
MorbidFetus
+76|6567|Ohio
It's not on disc.
DemonMonkey
+17|6514|Michigan
Needs more maps... like a major urban map... Karkand, USA?
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6648

Planes Too God Damn Slow!! I  Shot An A10 Down With My Abrams From Behind!!
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6502
I voted other. The planes are just overall annoying. It's not just one thing about the planes, they're just poorly done. If you don't have a Mobile AA following you around, you get raped by them. If you do have mobile AA around, you rape them. I'm not going to go into specifics and whine about what I think needs to be tweaked, but the massive imballance between AA or lack-therof and planes (and even helos to some extent) is a big friction point for me.

Also, the fact that it's only 3 maps, 2 new choppers, and  2 new planes is my biggest gripe. More content is always good.

Last edited by Greenspan (2006-07-25 02:48:22)

Rabbit.v2
Banned
+186|6544|stalker.
how much does AF cost?

OK credit card or what?

Last edited by swe:D (2006-07-25 03:02:10)

fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6584
~10 €
A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6755|Hamilton, Scotland
they should have made EF alot better..
anyway, i think AF is ok ( i cant say much cos ive only played on it for half and hour lol )
stoned.defender
+2|6824
AF is great, but those A10s and Attack helis are far too over powered in the hands of fly boy experts and they end up owning the map, especially on Operation Road Rage.

Nerf the A10s and attack helis and the maps will be perfect.

Not enough 64 Map size with 32 players limit, in fact just not enough people playing AF full stop.

I've spent nearly 80 hours on AF being a vet from the 24/7 Aberdeen servers so I think I can safely say that I have got my moneys worth
weird-kid
+2|6593|Middlesbrough, England
I think it's great! I got the 3 maps on my server in rotation with the usual BF maps and no-one disconnects when those maps start.
Makes me think a lot of people bought it, unlike Euro Force.
stoned.defender
+2|6824

weird-kid wrote:

I think it's great! I got the 3 maps on my server in rotation with the usual BF maps and no-one disconnects when those maps start.
Makes me think a lot of people bought it, unlike Euro Force.
Good to hear, i hope it's a trend, i'm very much into my tanks, nothing else like it for me when playing BF.
Doesn't help that major servers like TV2 are so unreliable at the moment with server crashes since the 1.3 patch

Last edited by stoned.defender (2006-07-27 13:43:02)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard