Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
mporlier
Member
+42|5762|Montreal, Canada
I do not play often in AA vehicules. Yesterday while playing road rage I tryed this. I am certain it is not new but I am taking a chance.

1 Position yourself away from combat zones
2 Orient turret towards most probable route for planes
3 Setp out of AA. That way you will not show as ground targets for pilots
4 Wait till the very last moment before jumping in and SHOOT. Pilots will not get a warning tone, it will be to late to drop bombs since often I let then pass over me

Thats it
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|5759|Wigan. Manchester. England.
oh. thanks
Crawdaddy79
Member
+27|5659
What's your solution to keep from getting bombed while driving on the way to your "secret" area?
c0N_FusioN
Member
+4|5657|Arnhem, Netherlands
And... Search for some cover in houses, buildings, that will helping you alive

ANd... TAKE A LOOK ON THE MINI MAP! If you have a good team/commander/sniper they will spot the heli's for you, so you know where they are...
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|5819|Germany

mporlier wrote:

3 Setp out of AA. That way you will not show as ground targets for pilots
Does it show up as a ground target when you are in the passenger's seat?
The chopper can't be locked on when you are in the gunner seat(or did they fix that already?),doesn't this work with the mobile AA as well?
Doesn't really matter anyway if you are not under direct enemy fire,a sniper can get you in the seat or when you are standing next to it..I'm just curious about the bomb lock when sitting in the passenger's seat.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|5861|Comber, Northern Ireland
orrrr just sit at the end of the runway.....
PRiMACORD
Member
+190|5747|Home of the Escalade Herds
Thats nice and all, but using AA still requires next to zero skill.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|5898|UK

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

mporlier wrote:

3 Setp out of AA. That way you will not show as ground targets for pilots
Does it show up as a ground target when you are in the passenger's seat?
The chopper can't be locked on when you are in the gunner seat(or did they fix that already?),doesn't this work with the mobile AA as well?
Doesn't really matter anyway if you are not under direct enemy fire,a sniper can get you in the seat or when you are standing next to it..I'm just curious about the bomb lock when sitting in the passenger's seat.
They fixed the chopper lock when you jump into the gunner seat already.
mporlier
Member
+42|5762|Montreal, Canada

Crawdaddy79 wrote:

What's your solution to keep from getting bombed while driving on the way to your "secret" area?
I have not solved that one yet LOL
mporlier
Member
+42|5762|Montreal, Canada

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

mporlier wrote:

3 Setp out of AA. That way you will not show as ground targets for pilots
Does it show up as a ground target when you are in the passenger's seat?
The chopper can't be locked on when you are in the gunner seat(or did they fix that already?),doesn't this work with the mobile AA as well?
Doesn't really matter anyway if you are not under direct enemy fire,a sniper can get you in the seat or when you are standing next to it..I'm just curious about the bomb lock when sitting in the passenger's seat.
I actualy leave the AA not just change seats. Snipers can get me but in AF maps (I play road rage) You dont see a lot!
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|5764|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

PRiMACORD wrote:

Thats nice and all, but using AA still requires next to zero skill.
ok.. i'll let you have a J10.. and i'll take a Linebacker... and i'll shoot you down using only the cannon..

then you'll see skill...




and the most effective AA tip :




let me use it..
elmo1337
Banned
+186|5681|The real world
Oh yes, I love people like you, who think they are invisible when they lay down between the sand bags,
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|5764|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
what?

i never said anything about being invisible :S

i just said i was skilled with AA...


learn to read?
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|5816|Howell, Mi USA

Crawdaddy79 wrote:

What's your solution to keep from getting bombed while driving on the way to your "secret" area?
Don't watch where your going, watch the sky. Your not going to see a jet 200ft above and behind u if your watching the road.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
voltage
Member
+46|5963|Sweden
5. If you're using a Stinger site, park a light vehicle nearby so that you can use that against choppers when necessary
6. Even though the missiles lock it's a good idea to lead the target
7. When engaging choppers, aim high so that flares will fall out of scope quicker and giving you a new lock earlier
8. Stay behind the front, where the planes turns around after an attack so that you get more time shooting at them
9. If using Stinger site, sniper class enables you to engage som stray enemy infantry and protect against enemy snipers. In AA vehicle, be Support.
Snakestyles
Member
+17|5860|South Africa

mporlier wrote:

3 Setp out of AA. That way you will not show as ground targets for pilots
If you do this the AA will show up as an empty AA vehicle that any good pilto will spot and bomb "just to be safe" as opposed to if your in it and the commander does not spot you or deply a UAV abouve you.Also a good thing to add would be ammo, better support than engy.
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|5644
Step out of AA? Then you have 50 sniper scopes trained on you and a few pilots on your team and the enemies going to bomb that empty AA vehicle to be safe.
mporlier
Member
+42|5762|Montreal, Canada

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

Step out of AA? Then you have 50 sniper scopes trained on you and a few pilots on your team and the enemies going to bomb that empty AA vehicle to be safe.
In AF not a lot of snipers and believe me pilots are more concerned by live targets than anything else in those maps. At least that is what my short experience showed me.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|5764|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

mporlier wrote:

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

Step out of AA? Then you have 50 sniper scopes trained on you and a few pilots on your team and the enemies going to bomb that empty AA vehicle to be safe.
In AF not a lot of snipers and believe me pilots are more concerned by live targets than anything else in those maps. At least that is what my short experience showed me.
i must be one of the only snipers in AF then..

not that i've played AF that much.. i think about 4 - 5 hours total..
Obadiah
Member
+0|5881|Wisconsin - Mooo...

PRiMACORD wrote:

Thats nice and all, but using AA still requires next to zero skill.
Well, it's not always about personal skill.  It's about teamwork and helping protect your team from overhead aircraft so they can cap the flags and win the war.
Seether
Member
+13|5655|Syracuse, NY; USA

Obadiah wrote:

Well, it's not always about personal skill.  It's about teamwork and helping protect your team from overhead aircraft so they can cap the flags and win the war.
Tru dat.  I love the people who are clearly motivated for individual reasons while they should be trying to help the team.

Also, the stepping out of the AA vehicle was a good tip.  I hadn't thought of that.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|5931|Marathon, Florida Keys
or you could get up in your own chopper/plane to shoot them down the real way..... and not be one of the millions of noobs that spam all there missles at a air vehicle till it blows up.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|5764|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

or you could get up in your own chopper/plane to shoot them down the real way..... and not be one of the millions of noobs that spam all there missles at a air vehicle till it blows up.
true..

i prefer to use the AA cannon to kill planes and helis tho..

i only really use my missiles if theres a jet coming straight for me.. that way they dont have much time to release countermeasures/perform an evasive maneuver
PRiMACORD
Member
+190|5747|Home of the Escalade Herds

spawnofthemist wrote:

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

or you could get up in your own chopper/plane to shoot them down the real way..... and not be one of the millions of noobs that spam all there missles at a air vehicle till it blows up.
true..

i prefer to use the AA cannon to kill planes and helis tho..

i only really use my missiles if theres a jet coming straight for me.. that way they dont have much time to release countermeasures/perform an evasive maneuver
You must be the only one. 99% of the time people just spam AA missiles.

AA in BF2 is dumb and needs a rehaul.
PRiMACORD
Member
+190|5747|Home of the Escalade Herds
Thx for the -1 noob, not my fault you suck and can't use a real vehicle.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard