BaseballRulez19
+3|6557|Illinois
Title says it all - what are easy ways to get repair points?

Stay by your main base and hope enemy special forces blow the jebus out of your artillery/scanners?

Is there ways to repair stuff while in combat?

Another quick question - there is a special forces medal that says if you deploy 10 flashbangs IAR, you get that medal. Well, will it count if I deploy 10 in a not Special Forces map?

Thanks guys
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6678|Washington DC

Did you realize that there is another thread on this page with almost the identical title as yours?  Also, if you used that big bold "Search" thingy above you would discover all sorts of great suggestions.

But, since I'm a helpful sort of guy, Gulf of Oman has lots of repair opportunities ... drive around in a jeep or APC as an engy and seek out the hurting armor (you can repair it while in combat).  I easily got veteran on Oman, first try ... mostly as USMC repairing the arty.

Also, you would be surprised how many repair points you can get on the carrier (Wake, Oman) if the enemy is bombing it ... I've heard it said that this is how they got their expert.
bearstrip
+1|6549|brisbane, australia
that is helpful, am finding hard to get repair points
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6672|Cumberland, MD, USA
Warlord. There's always Spec Ops trying to blow the goodies since they're like 1.23 feet from the Insurgents' closest spawn.
EvilJebus
+11|6653
Although I haven't gotten my veterian (from lack of trying) I think Karkand as US would be a good a good place. Grab the US tank as Engeneer and stick close to the APC. One AT rocket on the APC == Repair Point. Keep that guy alive, let AT guys pumble the crap out of the two of you for a while and if you're both engeneers you should get lots of repair points.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6627|Cheshire. UK

InviSniper wrote:

Warlord. There's always Spec Ops trying to blow the goodies since they're like 1.23 feet from the Insurgents' closest spawn.
As Invisniper says this is the place ......Spawn as Engineer..jump in an AIL Raider..follow The tank /Apc to the Plaza ...repair it whilst capping the flag!  by this time someone from the enemy will be blowing your commander toys up....drive back to uncappable base repair toys......drive back to plaza repair Tank/Apc.....and so it goes got my Vet first time on Warlord and If I would have time served in Engineer I would have got expert too...

This is not just a one off either everytime I go on to Warlord I rack up loads of repair points and team points...

Hope this helps
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6858
On one of the more armour filled levels like Oman, Daqing or Zatar wetlands, get in a jeep as an engineer and follow around behind tanks and apc's. Every little bump in the road they hit will give you some more repair points. Find a small armoured column and follow it into a fire fight and you'll get the points in no time.

Still takes ages though and I for one can't be bothered with it. Good luck to you though.
loesplugg
+0|6554
i've noticed repairing non armoured vehicles gets you repair points fast, only people tend to get out of them as soon as they get hit leaving you to repair the empty vehicle before they get in. when you see someone who's manned the gunner seat (all other seats empty) stay near,those vehicles are sraw/eryx magnets

another good way to get repair pts is to sit in an apc, when it stops to shoot - get out and repair. doing this while anti armour class is good for helping out against other armoured vehicles. press C once to change camera view so you'll see what's happening ahead of you
ResDog1
+51|6794|Netherlands
Well if you badly need points, get in a truck drive it into the water to make it loose health, get in the back an wrench the sh*t out of it... If you keep this up for a full round you average about 30 repair points...

On the other hand, if you want to feel good about the way you earned your points, do NOT use this method since it is basicly using a glitch in the game... Best way to earn in an earnest way is get inside an LAV and drive in Armoured Wolfpacks.. you get kills and auto heal points and are not as vurnarable.

Hope this helps.
BaseballRulez19
+3|6557|Illinois
Definitely helped me out guys, I appreciate it.
ResDog1
+51|6794|Netherlands
So where's the love.... I did not get any love from you... Did anybody else?
Evil_Apu
+40|6611|Denmark
got my vet. by a 16-man big score server with being in a tank
MrE`158
+103|6652
Driving around behind a tank squadron on Smokescreen is a good place to pick them up.  Just watch for when the tanks get bombed that you're not too close.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6551|Little blue planet, milky way
Well, there are several good ways to get the points easy... I've managed to get over 50 in a single hour (check my stats, it's true !) without any kind of cheating/padding (well, unless you count the fact that I WANTED the points to be padding).

You need to figure out how you want to get your points, and how many you need. If you need loads in a single round, then you probably shouldn't try to get them on a server that's full, and normally only runs for like 5-10 minutes (like a full Karkand server). So for many IAR repairs points, stay away from Karaknd servers. You CAN get many repair points by playing as MEC (though not in the same round due to the short rounds), as almost NOONE on the MEC forces play engineer (even the tank whores (!!!)). Simply spawn as engineer on the hotel, drop some mines on the west road(s) and go to the east roads and wait for the armor to come spawn raping. The arty and Predator shots will be flying through the air like raindrops !
I tend to get about 6-9 repair points in a round (though I've seen as much as 13 on a fully populated Karkand server) this way.

Your best bet is always to try to repair something that gets damaged a lot. Fixing tanks/APCs is a good way to go, but they tend to get into a lot of trouble, and you end up having to respawn a lot, and running after a hummer/Vodink/whatever) to follow them. And in the end you just get shot FIRST because the enemy finally realizes that you're repairing them. If you're a tank whore, just "stay with the pack", that is, find another tanker who's an engineer, and DON'T LEAVE HIM !  You will end up getting at least one repair point every other minute. IF the tanker is in an APC frequently, and he's a Squad Leader, and you CANT get an APC/tank, then simply join his squad and spawn on him a lot and run out and repair whenever he gets damaged. You WILL die a lot, but you WILL also get repairs. However, notice that this tactics sometimes gets you "left behind" on depopulated servers, as the APCs needs to move fast to get points.

With the advent of "cartillery" bombing, another good bet for points is to play as US on a server where the arty is close to the enemy spawns, making it an easy target for cartillery bombings. Repairing an arty piece is almost 2 full repair points. Just watch out for arty and falling cars ! I've gotten over 20 points IAR by repairing the US arty on Dalian.

Believe it or not, if you like playing SF, Iron Gator (large map) is ALSO good for getting repair points. Spec ops will frquently nuke the UAV, and the helos fear the Essex AA so they will TV it a LOT, I've gotten around 20 points fixing the UAV/AA on Iron Gator aswell. The "downside" to using gator is that if the server is TOO depopulated, you run the risk of the MEC forces getting onboard the ship and taking it before you get your points. So find an almost full server for best results.

While it sounds stupid, Mashtur is ALSO a good map for fast repair points if you're MEC. When the enemy is rushing a critical flag (like the armor flag to the south, or the hill thingy to the north, simply place a Vodnik on the edge of the surrounding mountains. You get to shoot at the helos and inf rushing, eventually they will shoot back. When someone shoots back to dish out any serious damage, get in the back and repair yourself. The only downside to this tactics is that you're very vulnerable to snipers. I've gotten as many as 15 in a round on Masthur this way. The BH whores just REALLY wants to kill those Vods. It helps if you have a friend or clanmate as medic with you in that vod.

Get in a chopper on Fushe, and simply sneak around repairing friendly tanks that get into trouble. Wait for the enemy to come take your main base and rape your arty/scan/UAV like mad. Then drop in a fly by to repair them, if you get shot at: Retreat, land, get in the rear and repair yourself. Rinse and repeat. For added bonus, be a Squad Leader and get a few ability assists when the occasional medic or support spawn on you  and gives the tanks/inf ammo/health.

Works like a charm. You'll easily get around 30-50 repair points/hour with these tactics.
niomosy
+26|6718

InviSniper wrote:

You hit the nail on the head.

Warlord has been, by far, the easiest spot for me to get repair points.  As SAS, you've got an uncap pretty close to the TV station flag with a good back route in.  It shouldn't take long before the assets start going boom.  Warlord is definitely where I'll be trying for my Expert Repair if I ever make 100 hours as an Engineer.

As an example, I was playing as SAS one night trying for my Expert Explosives.  About half way through the round and it's not happening.  The Insurgents had a vendetta against our commander assets so I switched to Engineer.  I figured I'd get some more repair points if nothing else.  Got Vet Repair in no time.  I managed around 13 or 14 repair points before switching to another class to ground pound it.
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6801|London UK

BaseballRulez19 wrote:

Title says it all - what are easy ways to get repair points?
Repairing things :p

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard