VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6722|Antarctica
Have you wanted to re-live the old dolphin diving, TV missiles, jets, etc; maybe you want to play with a friend who doesn't have 1.3 installed.  I will explain how to install both on your comp so you can play 1.3 and whatever patch you want with no further hassle.

Heres All the old patches, thx to ThomasMorgan

What you will need

1. BF2

2. BF2: SF (optional, though my tut will use SF)

3. 1.3

4. whatever older patch(es) you want to install

Make sure you have access to EA downloader to reinstall the boosters

First of all,

Uninstall BF2, and SF completely.  Don't delete server configs and profiles or you will have to retrieve your account(s).  Next, install BF2.  Navigate you your installation area (default is C:/Program files/EA games/Battlefield 2) and right click on the BF2 folder.  Now, select "copy".  Navigate to your desktop and right click on empty space and you will be given the option to "paste", do that and it will begin copying the BF2 files to your desktop.  After that is finished you will have two 1.00 versions of BF2 installed.  So lets patch up now.  I used 1.12, but it works with any patch.

Now apply the patch that you wish to use (I used 1.12).  Now, rename your BF2 folder to something like Battlefield 2 1.12 or whatever version you have.  Move your folder onto the desktop now so you have both there, then take the 1.00 version of BF2 into your "EA games" folder.  Install Special Forces, patch up to 1.3, and install booster packs.  Now you have 1.3 in your EA games folder and the older patch on your desktop.  Move the old patch BF2 folder to wherever you want, I left mine on the desktop, but you can move it anywhere.  The final step is creating a shortcut to play the old patch, open up your old-patch folder and find the exe called "BF2".  Right click and select "create shortcut" and place this on your desktop.  Now you have two versions of BF2 installed, enjoy!

**********NOTE**********
I am not responsible for any screw ups allong the way, do this at your own risk.

Last edited by VeNg3nCe^ (2006-06-20 12:04:52)

eusgen
Nugget
+402|6809|Jupiter
Before you copy + paste your game to desktop patch it to what ever old version you want, then copy to desktop and patch the one in your EA GAMES folder to 1.3
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6714
So in other words its an invitation to get your stats wiped....and in your case....again
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6704|UK

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

So in other words its an invitation to get your stats wiped....and in your case....again
your stats dont get reset for this.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6714

E7IX3R wrote:

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

your stats dont get reset for this.
i was told that playing on lower patches on ranked servers was against the ROE. If i'm wrong, its still cheap to score up all those points in a blackhawk. Ironically, i was negged and called the pussy but correct me if i'm wrong when I say that it takes more skill to get driver kill assists now than it did back then.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6551|Edmonton Alberta
im so going to do this....i hate the unstability of 1.3
VeNg3nCe^
+314|6722|Antarctica

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

Before you copy + paste your game to desktop patch it to what ever old version you want, then copy to desktop and patch the one in your EA GAMES folder to 1.3
Yeah you can do it that way too, not difference really.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6715|U.S
some people dont know about patches for bf2. and many dont have enough hard drive space on their computer like my brother and there is two ranked servers for the original game. no patches at all. now we need a new comp because something has gone retarded with his comp so we will get a new one soon hpefully so him and i can play together all the time.
VeNg3nCe^
+314|6722|Antarctica

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

OH NOES not my stats!
TimBob
+15|6669
What reset for playing older patches? erm retard sure
MB.nZ
+86|6791|New Zealand

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

please be so mature and click the X at the right top of your screen, thx.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6714

MB.nZ wrote:

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

please be so mature and click the X at the right top of your screen, thx.
please be so mature and press Alt+F4
SteikeTa
+153|6764|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
So veng3nce^.. when did you pawn this complainer-->        lickininher (41)??
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6727
oooook, someone please give me a 1.03 IP
banksd1983
APC whore
+20|6681
+1 for you, thanks for the writeup
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6694|Middle of nowhere
why would they reset your stats for playing on earlier patches?? I still play 1.22, and so do a lot of other people...

but anyways, nice tip... if i actually wanted to download 1.3 i would... but... nah

PS- do you have to download 1.3 in order to download 1.31?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6759|London

Thanks, -1
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
TokyoJoe
+5|6561
so whats the deal with stats? stay or erased?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6736|California

this isnt a crime.. and ill say it

FUCK ROE AND THEIR GHESTAPO BUTSECKSLOVERS
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6763|The United Center

TokyoJoe wrote:

so whats the deal with stats? stay or erased?
Your stats will accumulate while you play on servers running earlier patches and will not be erased for doing so.  EA's official stance on this is such: "Whenever there is a new patch released Ranked Partners are required to upgrade their servers. Ranked servers are not to run upcoming content early nor out of date content."  After running it past some of the BF2RS guys, I have come to the conclusion that players cannot get in trouble for playing on earlier versions of the game but that server providers can.
ResDog1
+51|6782|Netherlands
Well your solution isn't that bad if you want to public beta test the new upcoming patch and want to revert to 1.31 before you patch to the final version.

This is a good idea before any patch you do...
cmotdibbler
+19|6682|The pork thing inna bun stall.
There were rumours a little while ago that EA would block the upload of stats from servers running older patch versions. Not sure if this has been implemented. There are long running threads on this subject at both the EA site and BF2RS site. EA are saying report the servers you find running the older versions to BF2RS. From all this the only thing i can figure out is if you find a server running an older version then they are in breach of the EULA and can be closed down or have their Ranked Status removed. Can't find anything about individual players being punished for playing earlier versions, but we all know that EA can wipe stats from people for infringements of their ROE or EULA from months ago.

For those with a short attention span.. Play and maybe PAY in the future.....

Last edited by cmotdibbler (2006-06-23 00:35:50)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6584|NYC / Hamburg

thanks for guide. hope my stats arent wiped (although it woulnt be so tragic, seeing as i suck so bad)
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard