Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.

Poll

Is the middle east becoming the new Vietnam?

Yes41%41% - 47
No28%28% - 32
Don't know/Don't care6%6% - 7
Go fuck yourself24%24% - 28
Total: 114
CameronPoe
Member
+2,925|4870
Well is it? Similarities include the fact that the wars there were arguably needless in the first place (certainly in the case of Iraq anyway) and the fact that US public opinion is turning against military action there. Discuss...
PspRpg-7
-
+961|5013

Haha, why'd you put 'go fuck yourself'?
c0mplex1ty
Too X-Core
+100|4875|laguna beach, ca

Minnesoter wrote:

You look like a terrorist.  I refuse to discuss this with you.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|4876
IIRC, by the end of Vietnam, most casualties were non-combat, typically drug related.
AlphaMale
AKA <{SoE}>Agamemnar
+16|4841
Don't compare apples and oranges. Different war, different tactics, different ideologies.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|5144|Grapevine, TX
What an original idea. Comparing IRAQI FREEDOM to Vietnam. No comparison, old topic.

EDIT: American Military Casualties in Iraq
                                             Date        Total  In Combat
American Death    
Since war began                 (3/19/03):    2503    2019     
Since Capture of Saddam    (12/13/03):    2038    1713
Since Handover                 (6/29/04):     1637    1387
Since Election                    (1/31/05):     1067      902
American Wounded            Official    Estimated
Total Wounded:                                      18490        20000 - 48100
                        Latest Fatality June 16th, 2006

Vietnam over 58,800 casualties. Vietnam was a country being Invaded by the Communist Government that took power therein the North, unlike the democratic govt of the South. We know why we are in IRAQ. We have a mission militarily to be there. What do you want the United Nations to take over militarily. I seriously hope not. The conflicts in the Middle-East that you are worried about, is only a part of the current world events. We can't just pull out, and we will not pull out until the mission is safe to stand down.  Oh and one more thing . We Will Win. Period.

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2006-06-20 19:52:57)

Purple.Urkle
Member
+2|4858|United States
this may help your comparison
https://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7050/620/1600/us%20fatalities%20per%20month.jpg
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|5070|United States of America
This thread is bull.  There were no facts supported as why Iraq is the new 'Nam.

Last edited by Miller (2006-06-20 20:10:44)

(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|5144|Grapevine, TX

Purple.Urkle wrote:

this may help your comparison
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7050 … 0month.jpg
QFE
Nice find. Thanks for the info. This is a reason why the left is so whacked. They dont look at the Whole (Big) Picture. +1
ATG
Banned
+5,233|4844|Global Command

CameronPoe wrote:

Well is it? Similarities include the fact that the wars there were arguably needless in the first place (certainly in the case of Iraq anyway) and the fact that US public opinion is turning against military action there. Discuss...
Imop only in that there was a bigger picture that we were/are fighting for. In Vietnam is was about stopping the spread of communisim, in Iraq its about stopping the spread of it's alright  to suicide bomb people. Or something like that.

Last edited by Alexanderthegrape (2006-06-20 20:13:17)

alpinestar
Member
+304|4911|New York City baby.
Maybe it's time america started picking on someone their own size say Russia they have weapons of mass destruction I think they would fuck Rice in the butt if she came over there for nuclear resolution talks lol.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|4844|Global Command

alpinestar wrote:

Maybe it's time america started picking on someone their own size say Russia they have weapons of mass destruction I think they would fuck Rice in the butt if she came over there for nuclear resolution talks lol.
You bring so much class with you.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|5144|Grapevine, TX

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

alpinestar wrote:

Maybe it's time America started picking on someone their own size say Russia they have weapons of mass destruction I think they would fuck Rice in the butt if she came over there for nuclear resolution talks lol.
You bring so much class with you.
What a smart one you are, with your communication and Intelligent Quotient.
The US and Russia have had nuclear Resolutions for over 15 years.
Once again, the whacked out left has reared its stupid head, and again without looking or knowing what the puck is really happening in the world.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|5121|The planet Tophet
wow i realized how much i hate humans
Souls
Member
+14|4978|Garden City, KS. USA

CameronPoe wrote:

Well is it? Similarities include the fact that the wars there were arguably needless in the first place (certainly in the case of Iraq anyway) and the fact that US public opinion is turning against military action there. Discuss...
Needless War???  You fail to grasp the threat that radical Muslims pose.  9/11 should have taught you something about them.   If they will kill over a cartoon or even a reported defacing of a Koran why in your eyes is the war on terror unjust?  All you talk about is how bad the Americans are.   Where are your subject lines about the latest beheading or consequences of Shaira Law.   What do you think will happen to Iraq if America cuts and runs in your needless war?

Last edited by Souls (2006-06-20 20:31:31)

2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|4997|Stillwater, Ok
Yeah its all politics though. And unfortunately 90% of the US doesn't know the facts because they are too lazy to look them up. Same BS on the Hurricane Katrina deal.  Everyone blamed Bush because the Mayor was too pucken stupid to call for help.  Then the Governor thought it would cost them money to activate the national gaurd.  But Federal Aid CAN NOT be offered until a State of Emergency order has been issued.  But it was just easier to blame Bush and call him racist.  People think this war is going bad when in fact the insurgents are really low on morale.  We killed their leader, kill their friends, and to them we seem to have an endless supply of goodies.  Once there morale finally breaks and the Iraqi Police force gets up to full strength the terrorists will give up.

The only hope they have at winning the war against us is for  serious political unrest.....or for the US to get involved in another war.  Then again we could always institute another draft should the man power be severely needed.  But for once i just want people to look at the facts of this war compared to others.  Considering population size of the country, how long this war has been fought, and what is all happening...we definately have the upper hand.  Its not a vietnam...and FYI Vietnam was won after the Tet offensive but political unrest was so high that we had to pull out.  It would have taken the VC another 10 years to get the resources and man power to launch such an offensive again.

Also the initial war on Iraq had very little to do with terror and almost all on the breaking of UN sanctions.  If this doesn't ring a bell then maybe you should look it up.  Even thought the Weapons of Mass Destruction weren't found they still have other weapons that were illegal.  Medium Ranged missiles, Scuds, Unmanned drones that had longer flying capabilities than allowed.  These are just to name a few.  And if not that then humanitarian reasons.  He was commiting Genocide on the Kurds more or less which isnt that a reason we went into Bosnia/Kosovo as well.  Don't be so small minded on reasons for war. People are ok with some but fail to see the same reason for the war in another and call it unjust.  Blind Eye more or less is what i see most people have.

Last edited by 2ndLt.Tucker (2006-06-20 20:42:39)

alpinestar
Member
+304|4911|New York City baby.

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

alpinestar wrote:

Maybe it's time America started picking on someone their own size say Russia they have weapons of mass destruction I think they would fuck Rice in the butt if she came over there for nuclear resolution talks lol.
You bring so much class with you.
What a smart one you are, with your communication and Intelligent Quotient.
The US and Russia have had nuclear Resolutions for over 15 years.
Once again, the whacked out left has reared its stupid head, and again without looking or knowing what the puck is really happening in the world.
Example for 10 points please...
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|4997|Stillwater, Ok

alpinestar wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:


You bring so much class with you.
What a smart one you are, with your communication and Intelligent Quotient.
The US and Russia have had nuclear Resolutions for over 15 years.
Once again, the whacked out left has reared its stupid head, and again without looking or knowing what the puck is really happening in the world.
Example for 10 points please...
I got an idea..while were at it lets just attack Britian, France, Germany, Canada, Russia...you know the allies whom have all vowed to never use these weapons unless WMD's were used on them first.  Good enough for you? These other countries have no such respect for life and to use them with brute force is uncalled for. All these countries have vowed to use them strictly as a deterant for threatening such acts on their countries.  I mean hell even Pakistan and India have them and are currently at war with each other....don't see them dropping nukes on each other.  They are there more for a deterant of using such a weapon.
AlphaMale
AKA <{SoE}>Agamemnar
+16|4841

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

What an original idea. Comparing IRAQI FREEDOM to Vietnam. No comparison, old topic.

EDIT: American Military Casualties in Iraq
                                             Date        Total  In Combat
American Death    
Since war began                 (3/19/03):    2503    2019     
Since Capture of Saddam    (12/13/03):    2038    1713
Since Handover                 (6/29/04):     1637    1387
Since Election                    (1/31/05):     1067      902
American Wounded            Official    Estimated
Total Wounded:                                      18490        20000 - 48100
                        Latest Fatality June 16th, 2006

Vietnam over 58,800 casualties. Vietnam was a country being Invaded by the Communist Government that took power therein the North, unlike the democratic govt of the South. We know why we are in IRAQ. We have a mission militarily to be there. What do you want the United Nations to take over militarily. I seriously hope not. The conflicts in the Middle-East that you are worried about, is only a part of the current world events. We can't just pull out, and we will not pull out until the mission is safe to stand down.  Oh and one more thing . We Will Win. Period.
Only a simpleton would look at casualties and make the case that victory is achievable.

War is about more than numbers. It's about winning hearts and minds. Remember that.
alpinestar
Member
+304|4911|New York City baby.

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

alpinestar wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

What a smart one you are, with your communication and Intelligent Quotient.
The US and Russia have had nuclear Resolutions for over 15 years.
Once again, the whacked out left has reared its stupid head, and again without looking or knowing what the puck is really happening in the world.
Example for 10 points please...
I got an idea..while were at it lets just attack Britian, France, Germany, Canada, Russia...you know the allies whom have all vowed to never use these weapons unless WMD's were used on them first.  Good enough for you? These other countries have no such respect for life and to use them with brute force is uncalled for. All these countries have vowed to use them strictly as a deterant for threatening such acts on their countries.  I mean hell even Pakistan and India have them and are currently at war with each other....don't see them dropping nukes on each other.  They are there more for a deterant of using such a weapon.
I love american way of thinking, when will you oversee your fucking cathode ray tube.....
Next time No sarcastic jokes.....

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-06-20 20:52:31)

Souls
Member
+14|4978|Garden City, KS. USA
The war on terror has similarities with another war as well.

1. War started when the USA was attacked, both were the worst in American history
2. The USA is imposing democracies on two countries one was a brutal dictator the other had screwed up ideology
3. The USA is rebuilding both of them after the regimes were toppled.

Last edited by Souls (2006-06-20 22:08:05)

2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|4997|Stillwater, Ok

AlphaMale wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

What an original idea. Comparing IRAQI FREEDOM to Vietnam. No comparison, old topic.

EDIT: American Military Casualties in Iraq
                                             Date        Total  In Combat
American Death    
Since war began                 (3/19/03):    2503    2019     
Since Capture of Saddam    (12/13/03):    2038    1713
Since Handover                 (6/29/04):     1637    1387
Since Election                    (1/31/05):     1067      902
American Wounded            Official    Estimated
Total Wounded:                                      18490        20000 - 48100
                        Latest Fatality June 16th, 2006

Vietnam over 58,800 casualties. Vietnam was a country being Invaded by the Communist Government that took power therein the North, unlike the democratic govt of the South. We know why we are in IRAQ. We have a mission militarily to be there. What do you want the United Nations to take over militarily. I seriously hope not. The conflicts in the Middle-East that you are worried about, is only a part of the current world events. We can't just pull out, and we will not pull out until the mission is safe to stand down.  Oh and one more thing . We Will Win. Period.
Only a simpleton would look at casualties and make the case that victory is achievable.

War is about more than numbers. It's about winning hearts and minds. Remember that.
You would be surprised as to how many people are happy that we are there...however they are ready for us to leave.  We can't leave just yet though because the Iraqi government isnt ready to operate alone just yet.  But more and more people are actually turning the tide within the country itself.  Slowly but surely  this has been occuring.  And don't tell me it hasn't if you have not been over there.  I speak from personal experience as well as friends whom have been to different reigions of the nation. 

As too Alpinestar....you serious?  I was being sarcastic because what you said was plain ignorant.  We do let certain countries have these types of weapons.  Others we don't want them to have them because we can almost gaurentee how they will be used....for starting wars and using them to gain political power in the region.  We gave Saddam WMDs for defense purposes....he turned and used them for war with out mercy and more or less to just test them out.  Was a VERY large mistake on our part bringing him into power.  But Iran is also making threats to destroy Israel and such then we really dont want him having nukes if hes already threating such things.  North Korea is a problem tho. We let them get too strong but then again were not worried too much about them giving nuke matierial to terrorists either.  The middle east we are because of mass corruption with in governments and fundamentalism and hatred of the west over there.  Make more senese now?
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|5121|The planet Tophet
war is not about feelings....well maybe
alpinestar
Member
+304|4911|New York City baby.
Actually it was russians who gave IRAQ 90% of weaponry... SCUD is USSR made
and most of their arms were destroyed during desert storm so basically everyone told america that there was no weapons of mass destruction of any kind UN inspectors concluded the same in report though Bush has insisted on going there, now listen closely The "Downing Street memo" is a valid evidence against US for taking unlawful actions against IRAQ, you can read about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downing_Street_memo
im sure many have heard of it though it was banned on almost all US TV stations and news papers by Bush's administration.
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|4997|Stillwater, Ok

alpinestar wrote:

Actually it was russians who gave IRAQ 90% of weaponry... SCUD is USSR made
and most of their arms were destroyed during desert storm so basically everyone told america that there was no weapons of mass destruction of any kind UN inspectors concluded the same in report though Bush has insisted on going there, now listen closely The "Downing Street memo" is a valid evidence against US for taking unlawful actions against IRAQ, you can read about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downing_Street_memo
im sure many have heard of it though it was banned on almost all US TV stations and news papers by Bush's administration.
This still doesn't explain why Saddam allowed UN inspectors to only inspect certain sites, wouldn't let them enter untill certain convoys had left and the likes there of.  Please explain that one too me cause i remember watching a life UN inspection attempt that was denied and cameras showed an Iraqi convoy leaving.  The inspectors were not allowed in untill after the convoy left.  I watched it on CNN if im not mistaking too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2019 Jeff Minard