Banned
+39|6552|England
what are some of the crap rules you come across
i hate the one where u cant command from a tank
so what is yours plz tell me
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6754|The United Center
No base raping even if all other flags are capped.  I can understand that it sucks for the other team, but what are you expected to do?  Wait for them to try and cap a flag?
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6650|England
I find that a somewhat decent rule

It is not fair on small maps like kark for the commander to take the tank, stop every 5 seconds to use the commander map (some dont even use it.....) and they don't get points for everything so its pointless...

On larger maps however I think its alright

Admin gets the jets is the worst rule Ive encountered
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6846|Cheshire, UK
Any anti baserape rule but that's another story.

(seriously, "you can't enter an uncap unless you are a spec ops and you can't shoot while there and can only steel jeeps to get away and you have to hop on one leg and you have to close one eye and whisle while you're there too.../")

Sgt.Davi wrote:

Admin gets the jets is the worst rule Ive encountered
It's also against the ROE

We have a queue for vehicles rule (first to reach the spawn point choses their position in the vehicle). It's a bit lame that it should need to be done but it works pretty well and is reasonably easy to admin fairly.
Is this common?
What do people think about it?

Last edited by duffry (2006-06-19 15:12:31)

pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6653
No teamkilling, stupid rule
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6543|Carlsbad, CA, USA

Richard2000 wrote:

what are some of the crap rules you come across
i hate the one where u cant command from a tank
so what is yours plz tell me
i like that one, if you are doing other things(driving, shooting,flying, surviving etc.) you cannot concentrate fully on commanding. and when you die the people that are counting on you are left hanging.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6749|London

This topic name could be understood differently, I find that amusing.

Anywho:
https://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4344/bunnyhop8ge.png

"PLEASE DO NOT JUMP TO AVOID ENEMY FIRE" yeah I just better stand here and get shot shall I?

Also there was a server that told me I would be kicked for cheating! What a bullshit! How else can I get points?

Last edited by [UCF]Dauntless (2006-06-19 14:16:06)

https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Xristos1
God's Little Squirt
+18|6674|Colorado
I was once told: "DO NOT JUMP TO AVOID ENEMY FIRE" um yea I'll just stand here and let you kill me.... If a Tank is shooting at me... I'll bunny my ass out of there...
iamtheoneneo
+16|6676
kicked for saying 'idiot'
JudgeDredd1824
+32|6661|Wigan an proud of it mate !
How bout no sex on a first date.......shit rule...... oh wait, u meant in BF !!!!!
-=CB=-krazykarl

ThomasMorgan wrote:

No base raping even if all other flags are capped.  I can understand that it sucks for the other team, but what are you expected to do?  Wait for them to try and cap a flag?
i can see you have never been base raped, it SUCKS, respawning and dying before you can even take one step, or go prone, again, and again, and again, and again, and again.................and you die 22 times and get 3 kills, that makes for a sweet KDR.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6598|Reisterstown, MD

Any server that runs the rule "No baseraping UCB" always makes me chuckle. 
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6754|The United Center

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

i can see you have never been base raped, it SUCKS, respawning and dying before you can even take one step, or go prone, again, and again, and again, and again, and again.................and you die 22 times and get 3 kills, that makes for a sweet KDR.
I have, actually.  That's how I got my Purple Heart.  It happened on Kubra Dam after MEC had taken over all the cappable flags.

The way I see it, if your team sucks enough to not have a single flag other than your uncap, then you deserve to be base-raped.  The opposing team earned it.
Beer_Ranger
+18|6701|usa
Weird baseraping rules like duffry mentioned. No stealing other teams equipment is uberlame.  If the other commanders not bright enuff to notice a stationary enemy in spawn, they should be beat with an oar.
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6634|The Netherlands
no admin killing and if a admin wants a vihacle respect that and give him the viacle and wat i did:i got a jet for the admins eye`s and next team killd him exedantily(or something =p) hey wat stands there''banning niekjejeje for vhiacle stealing for admin and killing admin'' LOL(btw that was for i knew bf2roe.com did exsist)
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6660
No excessive armor usage! (your 5 minutes are up Billy, insert a new coin!)
No Grenade Launcher usage! (seriously, stand AWAY from that wall already!)
No bunnyhopping/dolphin diving! (aiming is hard, eh?)
No Solo-Piloting (yeah, all solo-pilots are liek, totally teh eevil!)
Do not insult the admins! (yeah, who cares about the people actually playing in the server?!)

And the secret rule of 95% of all servers:

If you play well, you cheat, and we're going to ban you for high ping/making way for an admin/etc.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
-=CB=-krazykarl

ThomasMorgan wrote:

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I have, actually.  That's how I got my Purple Heart.  It happened on Kubra Dam after MEC had taken over all the cappable flags.

The way I see it, if your team sucks enough to not have a single flag other than your uncap, then you deserve to be base-raped.  The opposing team earned it.
yeah you're right, it sucks to join a server in the middle of a game and you are stuck with a shitty team and get raped though.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

Ya, they don't play the Marines Hymn if the Suck wins the round.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-06-19 14:31:27)

killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6598|Reisterstown, MD

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ya, they don't play the Marines Hymn is the Suck wins the round.
True that.
Jello.01
+46|6615|DFW, Texas
https://i5.tinypic.com/14xcokw.jpg
alter_ego
+11|6536

[UCF]Dauntless wrote:

This topic name could be understood differently, I find that amusing.

Anywho:
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4344/bunnyhop8ge.png

"PLEASE DO NOT JUMP TO AVOID ENEMY FIRE" yeah I just better stand here and get shot shall I?

Also there was a server that told me I would be kicked for cheating! What a bullshit! How else can I get points?
"PLEASE DO NOT JUMP TO AVOID ENEMY FIRE" what a crook of shit what do they want you to do stand still...
People need to learn to aim...
[666]CyKO
+0|6541
BANNED TWICE THIS WEEKEND. No warning though so I can only assume that the 5th tank I killed was an admin that got pissed. HEHEHE, not only is that a stupid rule, there should be a fucking medal for it!!!
antin0de
+44|6674|SL,UT
WARNING!  antin0de, your language is unacceptable.  Please keep it clean.

Psssh... and killing people is OK?

Almost like the FCC saying CSI is PG-TV, but bare titties are forbidden.  What.  The.  Fuck.
Natte
+12|6531|Sweden
I killed an admin and got banned... shittiest rule ever'

[666]CyKO wrote:

BANNED TWICE THIS WEEKEND. No warning though so I can only assume that the 5th tank I killed was an admin that got pissed. HEHEHE, not only is that a stupid rule, there should be a fucking medal for it!!!
Agreed!

Last edited by Natte (2006-06-19 15:39:35)

messfeeder
+31|6534|Gotham

Xristos1 wrote:

I was once told: "DO NOT JUMP TO AVOID ENEMY FIRE" um yea I'll just stand here and let you kill me.... If a Tank is shooting at me... I'll bunny my ass out of there...
lol that's funny.  I hate bunnyhoppers, but I wouldn't make a rule to stop it.  That's part of playing the game.  I just run up and try to knife 'em while they're hopping around like an idiot.

shit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard