Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6684

First off, I'm a noob pilot with very little airtime.  But a couple nights ago, I somehow managed to pilot a J-10 for a few minutes, until a miscalculated dive-bomb run and an altercation with a tree.  Anyway, I went 14-1 with the J-10, but it was basically rinse and repeat dive bombing and a few F-35 engagements.  What I thought took some reasonable skill wasn't so.  Next spawn, four others we're waiting for the J-10.   There went my chance at the aerial service ribbon again.

What peeved me bigtime though was the next round when our sides were changed.  Whilst on the PLA side, I respected the enemies uncap and avoided the carrier.  I only engaged the F35 once they were airborne and flying about.  However, once the other team got the J-10, all they did was rape the carrier.  Cowardly pilots didn't have trust in their own pilot skills to wait for the F-35 to be airborne and engage in some fun dogfights.  Get some balls or are you afraid to lose your precious J-10?

Off my soapbox rant...
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6544|London (At Heart)

That's why I don't fly.

Shem
(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6560|Boise, Idaho
All you have to do is become one of the four others that wait for the J10 its symple bring along your trusty M95 and shoot them when they get in you plane. JK
Psychosis
+1|6664|Virginia
Its not so much the pilot as it is the J-10. Not only is it the most agile plane in the game by far, its also by far the most difficult one to hit with a missile. It took me 12 shots to finally have a seeker connect with it; all the others either refused to give chase or slid off of the tail, (I was firing one shot at a time too, but flying of the carrier to reload to get a total of 12 shots in). Its not just that map either. Any map with the US on a carrier typically has that happen.

Why in the world the JBird has been allowed to go on like this is beyond me.
link52787
+29|6538
I don't even know how to fly.
XIthRyker
+7|6671
I can fly but dont wait for planes for ages. Nor can I actually hit anyone on the gorund, i can only take out planes so i usually leave planes.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6772|United States of America
It's known as AA. Use it to shoot down enemy aircraft and be rid of the problem.  Each carrier has two on it, yes two.  If you are fed up with the J-10's raping you, arty the main base and make sure they can't take off.  Also, to get the Arial Service Ribbon, I was on Kubra Dam flying the F-15.  It's much easier.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6658|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

link52787 wrote:

I don't even know how to fly.
close your eyes. make a wish. and jump.

off a very tall building
SiMSaM16
+48|6710|United States of America
That doesnt just happen on Dalian Plant there bubba.
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6718|Australia
Where have you been? Ever since 1.2 J-10 is the only plane where its actually possible to stay alive. Before 1.2 i loved the F-35b and was where most of my flying time was done. But seriously once you have a lock on an F-35b you can't evade it. It is the flying coffin. And BTW bombing the carrier is fun and it makes a guaranteed win for the PLA.
r0oki3
+13|6564
There's been a lot of these topics started,
My advice is this (very simple) play The Sims.

http://thesims.ea.com/us/
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6737

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

Where have you been? Ever since 1.2 J-10 is the only plane where its actually possible to stay alive. Before 1.2 i loved the F-35b and was where most of my flying time was done. But seriously once you have a lock on an F-35b you can't evade it. It is the flying coffin. And BTW bombing the carrier is fun and it makes a guaranteed win for the PLA.
I agree about the F35 being pathetic. It's like a fast moving target drone. But the J10 isnt the only good one, the MiG-29 and F18 can both stand shoulder to shoulder with it. In fact the only time I ever fly a US jet on wake island is if I can get the F18 because there is no point in trying to use the F35 if the enemy has any half way decent pilots. On the other hand I can't remember the last time I was shot down in a J10.
.:silent-liquids:.
+13|6703
yeah those where the days, where you could actually shoot down j-10s, all you newbies just said wa? you could shoot them down. yes you could .
schakl
+21|6706
Give me a linebacker and the J10 is quite easy to defeat, but without, it is real hard to take down one. A good pilot avoids the stingers or attacks with gun fire. And it is real hard to hit a J10 with F35 even if you have a lock.
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6718|Australia

.:silent-liquids:. wrote:

yeah those where the days, where you could actually shoot down j-10s, all you newbies just said wa? you could shoot them down. yes you could .
Yeah then EA had to change it because of all the whiny noobs that couldn't fly for shit.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6670
oh god, here come the newbies..

Silent, before 1.2, we used guns to bring down J-10s

after 1.2, we still have to use guns.

So, something has magically changed to make it impossible to shoot down a j-10?

It's hard, not impossible.

Of course, everyone's crying "NERF THE J-10 ALREADY WTF DICE" while it should be exactly the opposite: Make all the other jets dodge A2A just like a J-10, and balance the maneauvrability. Remember 1.12? Dogfighting was purely fun back then.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6737
Yeah.. it's not a question of the J10 being overpowered, it's more like the F35 is the only fighter that *reallly* feels the pain of the improved AA. In the J10, improved AA / A2A = you have to fly crashhot when you're in the thick of it, wheras in the F35, it means you die.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6544|Belgium

Yeah the j-10 is a beauty to fly in, but real pilots can own them, if you use guns to a j-10 you can win, or fly very close, change to missiles and unload everything.

Raping sucks when you are on the carrier, I admit that I have done it too a few times on a server that had the rule: raping carrier is allowed lol, but mainly I don't go there to rape it, I prefer owning them in the sky (not hard with the j-10) and bombing flags they took, yeah it don't give me the highest score or thousands of kills, but at least the usmc had some chance to take off and go for the flags.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6684

I'm fine and all with base raping if it is the last flag.  But this was early in the game with plenty of USMC flags to bomb.  These two particular J10 pilots preferred the easy kills on the Essex.  I know this happens plenty of times, but I was game for some fun dogfighting, even if I was outmatched using the F35.  Oh well.  Just peeved.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6709|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

XIthRyker wrote:

I can fly but dont wait for planes for ages. Nor can I actually hit anyone on the gorund, i can only take out planes so i usually leave planes.
Cursed You
+64|6604|Idaho
Back in my 1942 days, I flew a lot on Coral Sea.  Like I got really good at spotting people and bombing.

Now I come on here and Im like "wtf are these planes?"  I cant fly, but people who can do it right just downright destroy the USMC carrier on Dalian.

What I do, is I swim/drive my boat to the arty island and chill in one of the pill boxes until some sargent comes rollin along in his transport heli and blows up the arty and I get free repair points.  I really dont like giving them the satisfaction of destroying me along with my teammates.  If I cant take off, I just go hide on the front of the ship until they get banned or the game is over.
GrinchWSLG
+2|6770
A year ago I coulda swore people were bitching the J-10 was the worst plane in the game. Maybe thats just me though...
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6726|Charlie One Alpha

GrinchWSLG wrote:

A year ago I coulda swore people were bitching the J-10 was the worst plane in the game. Maybe thats just me though...
It's just you.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard