Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6738

Beer_Ranger wrote:

So, the prisoners are running the asylum?
Most Certainly Not.
The Mods are definitely making a big impact on these forums, and they are doing excellent to keep them alive.
Like Tyferra said, all actions they ahve taken have been justified.
Beer_Ranger
+18|6692|usa

Jestar12345 wrote:

Beer_Ranger wrote:

So, the prisoners are running the asylum?
Most Certainly Not.
The Mods are definitely making a big impact on these forums, and they are doing excellent to keep them alive.
Like Tyferra said, all actions they have taken have been justified.
I have No problems with any action they have taken, do not get me wrong, id like them to take alil More action. I know being a mod is a pain in the ass.  And I do like these forums, or I wouldnt even be post here about this, do you agree?  Just want to make sure were on the same page.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6671|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Back last year I posted something about Nastie Butler saying can anyone relate to this kind of behaviour.  Its may way of asking is it cheating or not? Butler got his stats wiped about a week later along with other clan members, Im not saying it was just me who got him wiped beacuse countless others agreed. I know I wasnt the first to accuse him.  At the time I posted I was fairly new to this website and didnt really have anywhere else to voice my concerns.  Not only did I make Bulter aware of what he and others were doing, other replied and shared their views on him and not all were negative.

I hadn't seen a cheat thread before, I didn't know how to report it, It was my only option other than saying nothing.  I wasn't looking for any fame, certanly not just 15 sec's worth of it.  I don't give a rats ass about my online reputation its people in the real world that I truly care about and worry about how I come across, on saying that, Im me, I'm not going to change, If you don't like me, deal with it.

Perhaps I've misunderstood your questions to me, hopefully I haven't but it's ever so easy to be misunderstood through typing.
the_B3
BF2s EU 2142 Server Adore
+69|6639|The Netherlands

Jestar12345 wrote:

What do You Mean with this. People have seen a Cheater thread before. They KNOW the rules, so why don't they just report him? They have to make an entire thread about him, and in the end they knew what to do, they just wanted their 15 seconds of fame as the guy that wanted to report someone. How in Any way is posting about it going to make them aware. The Community is already well and truly aware.
Sometime it's handy to know who the cheater is (as an server-admin that is, you could keep an eye on them). But in a way your right. I think people should post their "cheater-reports" in the original thread, not make a new one..
But thats the problem with most of the fora with a lot of (active) members; they find it easier to make a new thread instead using search and post a message in a similar thread (thats months old, months in-active).
Jestar
+373|6738

eS^theB3brr wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

What do You Mean with this. People have seen a Cheater thread before. They KNOW the rules, so why don't they just report him? They have to make an entire thread about him, and in the end they knew what to do, they just wanted their 15 seconds of fame as the guy that wanted to report someone. How in Any way is posting about it going to make them aware. The Community is already well and truly aware.
Sometime it's handy to know who the cheater is (as an server-admin that is, you could keep an eye on them). But in a way your right. I think people should post their "cheater-reports" in the original thread, not make a new one..
But thats the problem with most of the fora with a lot of (active) members; they find it easier to make a new thread instead using search and post a message in a similar thread (thats months old, months in-active).
Yet another example of how Stickys aren't used.
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6530|Doncaster - UK
Yeh i like what your saying, but i am confused by what content you would prefer to see?
I am new to BF2S (less than 2 months) so don't know this "golden age", wasnt there was as much rubbish then as now?  You have to look through it to find the good stuff.
I get what you don't like, and i agree with it, but what is missing from the posts?

Your absolutely right about the moaning about bad players, as posting about it doesn't do anything.

Karma, i like it if you genuinely get some for a good/funny post, good to get some appreciation.
Perhaps get rid of the negative karma?

Most threads get overcrowded and messy due to re-quoting and flame wars, cleaning them up though would be one hell of a job.  Good luck to ant moderators that want to try it.

Last edited by Use0fWeapons (2006-06-19 03:36:24)

Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6653|Brisbane, Australia

Jestar, I think you just got owned, this topic was moved from BF2 - Ect to BF2s Forums - Ect

Your only half right about the karma, its there so you know what to keep doing, because people enjoy it/dont enjoy it, whatever
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS
Only an Aussie could make such excellent observations!

Just kidding.

All of that is perfectly true and needs to be said.

Sticky.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jestar
+373|6738

Original Post wrote:

Now I Know what Your thinking right Now, its “Why is He Going on about Posting in the Right Section, when he isn’t posting this in the Appropriate Section?
I already mentioned this Saark....

Last edited by Jestar12345 (2006-06-19 03:49:38)

BellusEndus
Make love not war
+59|6621|Edinburg
sweet +1 kthxbye
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6762|Dallas
Just a few things I noticed that seem to be wrong or unfavorable:

1. Karma should not be anonymous.  Toooooooo many people abuse the piss out of this fact.  I've had two different mods send me PM's about two separate people being banned for comments left in my karma section.  I only reported one of them.  It's out of hand.  How many people have to ask for karma to automatically leave a name before they but it back into play?

2. Not enough mods.  18 moderators seems like a lot, but if you consider there are up to 150 people on here at one time during the busy hours and at least 30 during the slow hours, it seems impossible for the mods to keep up.  If a 150 people on the forum make a post every 2 minutes, thats 4500 posts made in an hour.  Even if all 18 mods were on (and they never are on in force, maybe 1 to 4 mods at any given time) there is no way 18 people could read 4500 posts in one hour.  I saw a picture of a lady sucking a dick in the not BF2s not BF2 section yesterday, and I'm at WORK!  Come on!

3. The kiddies are out of school for the summer and it shows.  Badly.

Some things I DO like about the forums.

1. Karma.  I didn't like the idea at first but it grew on me.  Despite what everyone thinks about it, it's just there to be fun and to give you some idea of how the rest of the community accepted your thoughts, be it good or bad.  The people who abuse it are the ones giving it a bad name.  It doesn't mean anything, it....is....just....a....fun....part....of....the....forums.  There I slowed it down for the naysayers.

2. People.  Why alot of people have left, there are still alot of great people here.  Thats why I come back every night while I sit at work bored off my ass.  There really is no other place on the internet I'd rather be.  Whenever some idiot decides to start some crap, 4 or 5 people will usually back me up without me even asking them.  That is what a great community is made of. 

3. It's user friendly.  It's definitely the most ergonomically and simple forums to use I've ever been on.  Not to mention it looks slick and is easy on the eyes.  New features and improvements are added constantly.  Me likey.

If you want to make the forum a better place, then do it in your own special way.  I like to write and I have somewhat of a sense of humor, so I make funny threads and satirical guides.  It entertains people and gives them a reason to come back, I've also made a lot of friends through it.  Boris and Alpha enjoy using photoshop and making sigs, so they make sigs for whomever request them and people enjoy that, it gives them a reason to come back.  It goes on and on, everyone who is useful has their own specific way of entertaining, helping or conversing people, and that makes this a great place to be.  But, unfortunately every forum has its asshats.
Jestar
+373|6738

Everything you wrote there is pretty much true Cougar.

We all have our own reason to come back to this community....

Cheers,
Jestar12345
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6704|67.222.138.85
I think we definitely need more mods, my vote is for Cougar and Jestar!
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6526|Global Command
Yes, the mods are mostly doing a great job. I had to get banned before I realized how much I valued these forums. yerded has learned that the mods are doing a valuable service. i DO see many posts inside threads deleted before a thread is closed.
     i used to come here for laughs and flamming, now i come for intelligent debate, which is NOT hard to find here.
I posted one too many annoying photos of rush limbaugh dancing and I got a permanent ( c'mon chuy! unban yerded please ) ban. Was I pissed? yes. moreover, I was hurt. i didn't even get a warning. So, beware; be stupid and YOU will get banned.
     its not that the mods are unattentive, it's that there are too many post to keep up on.

I nominate couger as to be promoted to mod as he is usually funny and smart(assed) in his comments, yet I have never seen him cross that line.
What say you?
Jestar
+373|6738

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

I nominate couger as to be promoted to mod as he is usually funny and smart(assed) in his comments, yet I have never seen him cross that line.
What say you?
Agreed. Funniest Posts Ever.
Either Tyferra or Cougar if there was to be another mod.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6762|Dallas
Why me?  I'm an asshole....
Jestar
+373|6738

Cougar wrote:

Why me?  I'm an asshole....
Haha
Beer_Ranger
+18|6692|usa
Yes, I agree, too many posts for that ammount of mods. If cougar is crazy enuff to accept it, id 2nd the motion.
Markimus
Administrator
+65|6633|Canada
And... my thoughts exactly. Moved to featured posts.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6578|England
great post and agreed with all .

i sometimes lose the plot with lil smacktards but i do try and post good helpful stuff .and i always leave my name for +/- karma just so the person knows my point of view .
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6671|Canada Eh?
Enemy Boat Spotted
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada
i thinks the karma system really fucks up these forums..... best way to ruin threads...
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6695

Cougar wrote:

I saw a picture of a lady sucking a dick in the not BF2s not BF2 section yesterday, and I'm at WORK!  Come on!
In MY thread, I mean come on, there was also a chick with a freakin sack...That thread the whole thing (it sucked anyway...)  should be deleted... I'm going to do that now.
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6719|Indianapolis, IN
I usually only visit the Debate and Not Bf2 sections because they are the only sections with somewhat valuable or interesting conversations going on. 
I see a lot of people do not read all of the posts above them.  That is one thing I try to do before I post so that I do not post what someone has already posted.  I also notice that very few people use the Check Spelling button before they post.  I almost think that should be an automated process when they click submit. 
Another reason this forum has fallen is because people, as I said before do not use spell check.  If they used spell check the quality of the forum would definitely increase. 
Hey maybe we even need to add a grammar checker.  But that would be hard to implement. 
It is so hard to find good topics in some sections that I did not even see this one.  The only reason I found this topic was because of Jestar's sig. 

Here is an idea:
Why don't we make a section just for the reporting of Stat padders so that when one topic is placed where it does not belong it can be moved to that section and ignored by everyone that doesn't care.  Then the Chatter section would not be littered with repeated threads.

On a side note,
I have started recruiting people for this site that do not even play the game.  They are going to hopefully take part in the Debate section. 

Along with all the cluttered posts I missed that yerded had been banned.  I shall go search to see why, after I finish posting my 2 cents here. 

I do agree that more mods should be added to control the flow of the forums.  I agree that they should be able to delete useless threads and posts as to make the forums look cleaner.  I even wouldn't mind Cougar becoming a mod because he is constantly on these forums.  The mod list needs to be re-vamped to only include active users so that they rules of the forum can be enforced. 

Ah, there is my two cents worth on this topic.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS
Whoo. Featured post.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard