Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6604|Greenwood, IN
I ordered this today.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6824116373

I hope it plays well with all my games and my 360.   Has anyone heard anything on this monitor?
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6526|Portland, OR USA
Looks good, has DVI which is uber good.  My only flag would be the response time.  8ms is good, but dependong on what you're doing can still ghost.  Also, depending on how Viewsonic rates their monitor, that could be a true 16ms response time.  For the money, excellent buy.
KillBilly666
+1|6625
I have the VX2025WB monitor which is the 20.1 inch widescreen monitor with the 8ms responce time and I love it for playing BF2 on it. No issues with ghosting at all or as far as I can tell. I have been using it for a good 2 months now and it just rocks. Viewsonic makes some of the best LCD's out there IMO.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6604|Greenwood, IN
I hope your right cause it just cost me 200 big ones.  I hate to spend large amounts of money, it just bothers me for some reason.
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6594|Ohio, USA
But when it comes down to it $200 for an LCD is pretty cheap.  The only downside I see about it is the built-in speakers just make it look clunky.  That and the sound from those speakers can be pretty tinny.
FurryJello
+1|6734|OK
I have the VX2025WM also.  I have my PC and 360 hooked up to it.  I love the thing.  I upgraded from a Viewsonic 17" LCD that never gave me any problems.  I have not noticed any ghosting on it either.
sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6674|Planet Seibertron ;)
Also, I sure hope yours come without any pixel flaw.  8 dead pixel is very extreme.   I cannot tolerate even 1.
Cohammer
+61|6536

Brizzzer wrote:

I hope your right cause it just cost me 200 big ones.  I hate to spend large amounts of money, it just bothers me for some reason.
large amount of money?? hahah your poor
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6604|Greenwood, IN

Cohammer wrote:

Brizzzer wrote:

Well when your in College and have no support from your parents and work 32-40hrs a week.(Depending on school.)  Tell me then if i'm too cheap you god damn monkey erection.
Cohammer
+61|6536

Brizzzer wrote:

Cohammer wrote:

Brizzzer wrote:

Well when your in College and have no support from your parents and work 32-40hrs a week.(Depending on school.)  Tell me then if i'm too cheap you god damn monkey erection.
hahaha your parents hate you!!!!
CommieChipmunk
+488|6568|Portland, OR, USA
NEVER order any LCD screen online especially on newegg!! 8 dead pixels is so many.  If you get one ur screwed.. good luck man
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6604|Greenwood, IN
Haha, man you have to take chances in life.  I mean for $209.99 thats not bad deal for what you get.  And they include a DVI cable, that alone costs $15-20 for a decent one.
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6594|Ohio, USA

Brizzzer wrote:

Haha, man you have to take chances in life.  I mean for $209.99 thats not bad deal for what you get.  And they include a DVI cable, that alone costs $15-20 for a decent one.
not really, since there isn't such a thing as a "decent" DVI cable.  they all work the same, they transfer the digital signal from the video card to the monitor, there won't be any difference.  Hell I work in IT and I have a stockpile of DVI cables just laying around because we just give the analog connections to a lot of the workers that we setup PCs for.  You can get a cheap DVI cable from ebay and it would be fine.
KingMchris
+12|6541|London
Whens HD COmputer screen monitors coming out
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

KingMchris wrote:

Whens HD COmputer screen monitors coming out
they are out .... 1280x1024 is a higher resolutrion than HDTV. And you get bigger resolutions with screens bigger than 19''
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6655|The View From The Afternoon
I use a 32" LCD HD TV as PC monitor and also for my 360. And I'm loving it.
bubbass
humble
+61|6567

CruZ4dR wrote:

I use a 32" LCD HD TV as PC monitor and also for my 360. And I'm loving it.
I have a 26" screen and it's sweet. I play PS2 though
MoChief
+67|6600

Janus67 wrote:

Brizzzer wrote:

not really, since there isn't such a thing as a "decent" DVI cable.  they all work the same, they transfer the digital signal from the video card to the monitor, there won't be any difference.  Hell I work in IT and I have a stockpile of DVI cables just laying around because we just give the analog connections to a lot of the workers that we setup PCs for.  You can get a cheap DVI cable from ebay and it would be fine.
Question for you...

I have a Samsung syncmaster 930B (19" LCD) with 8ms response time.  I am just using the analog cable because it didn't come with a DVI cord.  And I can't bring myself to pay $50+ for a stupid cord.  Will I notice a difference w/ BF2 by getting the DVI?

I like the monitor and it's pretty quick w/8ms.  But occasionally, I think the 'slight' lag hurts in close combat situations when I round a corner and I'm dead before I can hit the mouse button.

Thx.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42

Janus67 wrote:

Brizzzer wrote:

Untrue, digital is digital, granted, but signal noise and degredation still factor in albeit to a much lessor degree than analog.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42

MoChief wrote:

Janus67 wrote:

Brizzzer wrote:

Question for you...

I have a Samsung syncmaster 930B (19" LCD) with 8ms response time.  I am just using the analog cable because it didn't come with a DVI cord.  And I can't bring myself to pay $50+ for a stupid cord.  Will I notice a difference w/ BF2 by getting the DVI?

I like the monitor and it's pretty quick w/8ms.  But occasionally, I think the 'slight' lag hurts in close combat situations when I round a corner and I'm dead before I can hit the mouse button.

Thx.
Doubt it will keep you from getting killed, but it will seem like a much better and cleaner picture.  I don't think there's really a debate on digital being better than analog ... that being said, I'm sure one will quickly start ...
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6604|Greenwood, IN
Yea you should see a diffence.  Its more cleaner and sharper on the edges.  BTW puckmercury where in indy do you live?
arson
+99|6635|New York
I have the Viewsonic 20.1 and  you are going to be really happy with what your getting. It looks like you got a great price on it as well. I got mine from jr.com for 269$ ( after the 100$ rebate) and am very happy with Viewsonic.
SealXo
+309|6534
I have a  hp 21.8 inch with a 2MS RESPONSE TIME
=]
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6666|Sydney, Australia
Great Price. A year and half ago, i baught my 19" lg L1930SQ, 12ms, 1280x1024 for $1000 AUD. They've droped in price alot in 1 year
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6629|Washington, DC

I have a NEC 70GX2 with 4ms response time, 17", DVI, and a super-sexy glossy screen (that wierd  glass thing).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard