Poll

I give up!!

Metal!!75%75% - 155
Rap!!24%24% - 49
Total: 204
Sandriatinhi
+15|6648|Apeldoorn, Holland
Every style of music has bad en good artists! But in my case give me some Drum & Bass or Detroit techno! A good drive for mass-murdering infantry!
5peedy
+27|6600|the Faroe Islands
plzz leave your name when -1 someone... i know you leave your name when +1 someone, fucking annoying, and fucking imature...

i love metal, but some rap is good though...
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6765|Dallas

Masta_Daco wrote:

can the FAG who pmed me this message tell me his name plz? the fag posted this crap : YOU JUST GOT HIT BY A -1 GANGSTA DRIVE BY. YOU LIBERAL NAZI. GO PLAY BF2. PWNED. LOL. 

well i didnt new that there were any black nazi's you fool so STFU and go jerk off on you dad.
I just got the same thing.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6547|Doncaster, UK
I can listen to both, but given a choice, Metal every time!
oner1482
Banned
+2|6522

Cougar wrote:

Masta_Daco wrote:

can the FAG who pmed me this message tell me his name plz? the fag posted this crap : YOU JUST GOT HIT BY A -1 GANGSTA DRIVE BY. YOU LIBERAL NAZI. GO PLAY BF2. PWNED. LOL. 

well i didnt new that there were any black nazi's you fool so STFU and go jerk off on you dad.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6527|London (At Heart)

Ok, I got to the bottom of page 2 and got bored of the incessant flaming to each side.

I myself am a Metalhead, and can say that both sides of the argument are retarded;

The rap fans say that Metal is all screaming and what not, I seriously beg to differ, yes there is screaming, however you cannot stereotype ALL metal in this way, even death and thrash metal isn't all shouting random words.

I actually laugh when people say bands such as KoRn for example are "all f*cking screaming shit", I tell you, download an album of KoRn's, and you tell me it is all screaming, please.

Listen to Daddy, Justin, Seed and many many others by KoRn, all have deep meaning's and none have a particularly large amount of shouting.

Another good band, is Deftones, now, these do at times seem to splurt out random garbage, but it is metaphorical garbage, each person deciphers it to his own meaning, I'm particuarly liking Rx Queen at the moment.

Killswitch Engage, the bringer of Metalcore into this world is my favourite band, and has been for a good 3 - 4 years. This band may have a large amount of shouting at parts, but the musical talent is just beautiful. You also say that these bands talk about death more than rap, I beg to differ, I know very little metal bands that aren't in the emo range that actually do talk about it. KoRn's Jonathan Davies may speak of his past experiences, such as in Pretty and Daddy where he sings about his troubles in his childhood. Killswitch Engage are also a very religious band, one of their most famous songs "rose of sharyn" is actually singing the death of jesus. (http://www.killswitchengage.com/shared/ … Sharyn.mp3) if you would like to listen, the fact is, we cannot stereotype a style of music, or anything for that matter because of what a few are like.

I admit some bands are shout, scream, shout. Meshuggah for example, a Swedish Death Metal band, their musical talent is unbearable, I challenge you to play the music they do..

My last band I will bring up in this random gibbering is dragonforce, I challenge you to find a single scream in their music, Dragonforce are an amazing, simply amazing metal band, and a prime of example of why you cannot stereotype.

Now, I do not know rap as well, but I know, anything mainstream is shite, it is what the media does to it, it is overplayed, and not deep, and I cannto stand it.

I do not know any underground rap artists, and I would willingly give them a chance should someone insist I did so. I know rap has some deep meanings, but so does rock, and well pretty much any genre, the only genre I do not particuarly like is emo, and thats because of the way the fans act, I do not condone a genre that influences people to self harm, that is wrong.

Anyway, enough of this topic yet?

Shem
=TFF=Omen_NataS
+60|6540
All i can say is to everybody that gave me neg. Karma F@#! you very much Rap still blows

Quote: All you niggers on the block can suck my dick By DMX but his rapping about how much he hates gay Black dudes yet he tells them they can suck him off WTF!

Quote: Don't now who the rapper is, but this is what he says. Meet me in the mall its going down WTF! is going down a sale at sears Go F@%$@ yourself

So who cares If i listen to metal it makes sence to me And if you dont like it go suck eminem dick after all thats probably what he want's

METAL FAN FTW!!!!!!

Last edited by =TFF=Omen_NataS (2006-06-30 10:02:26)

Last2Stand
+7|6529

oner1482 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Masta_Daco wrote:

me too. its sad there are ignorant ppl in this world.
-GR33NS-
+10|6501|KILLA KALI

Last2Stand wrote:

oner1482 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

me too. its sad there are ignorant ppl in this world.
This is too funny. Sorry. I had to mention that. lmao.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Rappers are just some douchebags who can't sing and can't play on instruments, metal FTW!
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6546
I think you guys listen to too much mainstream radio pay-to-play crap. I used to hate all rap with a passion until I actually found good underground stuff. Almost anything they play on MTV is garbage.

Rap is not my main music staple though. Grindcore is awesome.

Last edited by iNeedUrFace4Soup (2006-07-20 11:28:01)

https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
kingusjordanus
+16|6646|my dads balls

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Rap takes no talent, all you need is a drum machine and a book of nursery ryhmes.
And since when did the record player become a musical instrument, whats next the "TV".

All other forms of music take TALENT to write.

There's drums, gotta learn that.
Guitar, gotta learn that.
Bass, same.
Keyboards and Piano.

All these take time to learn with lessons usually, then your skill is creating tunes together that others like.

Any Metalhead could write a rap tune, and perform it.
No Rapper could write a Metal song and go perform it.

So the difference between Rap and Metal is.......Talent

I prefer people with Talent.

Keep Banging thy Head!
dude, all said right here, no more arguing about it, this is all that needs to be said, cause its true, and not one person can actually tell me its not.  btw, metallica FTW, and metal isn't all screaming, that would be the shit fag-bitch goth freaks make cause thier daddy didn't buy them the right car, so they wear make-up and suck man log to pay for thier heroine (dunno of the spelling, that drug).  I don't think there is one metallica song that even has any screaming, i can understand every word in every song. rap suuuuuuuuuuuuucks, i actually made a rap song once, with fruityloops, trial version off download.com, and i used a voice dubber program to alter my voice while i read green eggs and ham by Dr. Seuss with some occasional swearing mixed in, and my friend, who really likes rap goes to me "dude, whatever rap artist is doing this is gonna be like the next 50 cent."  needless to say, i prove my point, plus, i got a very long and hard laugh out of that.

no i wont post the audio file in case anyone was wondering about it.

Last edited by kingusjordanus (2006-07-29 19:12:45)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6765|Dallas

kingusjordanus wrote:

dude, all said right here, no more arguing about it, this is all that needs to be said, cause its true, and not one person can actually tell me its not.
Perhaps that is why the thread died.

Thank's for reviving it.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6642|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
is this another kid i need to take the shockpaddles away from?

thats like.. 4 in the past 2 days!

i suppose.. at least he searched..
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

I'm neither a Rapper nor a Metalhead. I preferr Metal, but really I consider myself a Rockhead. There's a subtle difference.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6642|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Tyferra wrote:

I'm neither a Rapper nor a Metalhead. I preferr Metal, but really I consider myself a Rockhead. There's a subtle difference.
hey ty.. bit off topic.. but do you know who took my member title away?

i have to make do with just vigilante now
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6658|California
WOW!

I cant believe so many people like metal these days, Im so glad to see old AND young fellow metalheads out there.
I grew up on the guitar of Angus Young (AC-DC) the vocals of Rob Halford (Judas Priest) and the drums of Phil Taylor (Motorhead).
Funny how some of you say that this or that is or isnt metal, I feel if you can bang your head to it, and it gets you all emotional inside, THATS METAL!

On a side note to the rap fans, I mean no offense, rap is very powerful, and millions of people cant be wrong. Its just not my bag. So keep on rappin. (Try sampling from metal for a change)

Lately ive been listening to Creed..... dont hate me for this but......um........ very METAL!

They can make me bang my head and cry at the same time, love it.

Keep banging thy heads!
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6527|Portland, OR USA
Didn't Aerosmith and Run DMC cover this already?
[BHA]*SharpShooter
Banned
+159|6580|behind you
Metal!!! rap sux
eagles1106
+269|6584|Marlton, New Jersey.
not all rapers do the blingy shit....and i like metal and rap.

you know what also is very cool, arabic rap.  most arabic rap i find is kind of gay, but if you look you'll find kickass arabic songs.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6503|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Rap Rocks.... 50 Cent
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6572

A lot of you need to note:

Nu-metal and metalcore aren't metal. Stop throwing bands like Killswitch Engage at rap fans, KsE are metalcore. Also the ignorance in this thread is hilarious.

So for the record, any rap fans disregard: Slipknot, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, KoRn, System of a Phallus, Bullet For My Valentine and Disturbed as metal. These are not metal and live up to your stereotypes pretty well with their whiney voices and teenage angst screaming.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6531

Rap is the way to go. Metal is like ewwwww. Thats all im guna say.
gburndred
tiga tiga tiga tiga tiga woods ya'll
+95|6639|Calgary,AB,Canada
I'd rather listen to music with knowing what their saying.
Metal FTW
Lazzars
+4|6648
rap is simply the worst sort of music ever

i mean the stuff they morris dance to is better

any rapper i have ever liked can't actually be called a rapper since they nkow how to hold a tune and don't just swear like its a punctuation mark

though i'm not much of a metal fan either too screamy even if it is metalica (which is good at times, just not that stupid playing with an orchestra thing)

i'm a bit too much of an indy kid for saving anyway

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard