Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6772|Warlord
You know the problem when you get the puff of smoke but don't get hit indication right? We've all experienced it once or twice I'm sure, but the last few days I've gotten it way more than normal, like one shot per magazine at times, and it's not just when the ping is bad (100+). I've had easy, big-head-in-scope shots on motionless Vodnik or Humvee drivers about five times in two days that didn't result in their deaths, although once I was lucky and got a second chance.

Also, this may be related to the above thing but in reverse (and I presume this is also something everyone has experienced) sometimes you hear the hit sound like you've been shot but your health doesn't go down. I'm playing as sniper so there's no armour to possibly account for it. Again, recently this has happened to me much more than normal and one time I was blessed and got it three times in a row... the other guy must have been going "WTF?!?!" Can your clothing be hit but not you?

Last thing, I've been wounded a couple of times lately with a sniper-rifle bullet but only went down to 40% or so, not two bars. The next shot has gotten me a few times so I know it was an L96A1 that was shooting at me. I also had this on an empty server with Cpt.KillerToy12 so I know that no stray bullet from another weapon could account for it.

So, anyone else experienced these? The second two are obviously good things if you're on the receiving end but if you're the one doing the shooting it kinda sucks.
Entertayner
+826|6716

I wasted a whole clip on humvee driver and got the puff every time but no death don't worry though i knifed him later on
Aardcore
+60|6858|USA, Arizona
I kind of know what you mean but it's not with being sniped, it's about anticipation, like I'd see a guy in a hallway in Iron Gator, take cover knowing I'll engage him later but because his anticipation was to open fire first, he does, yet here's the thing:

I move out of the way, a SECOND later I hear gunfire then my health drops, yet I've already taken cover and he's nowhere in sight, likewise, I shouldn't be in his sights either, and this is with ping being as low as 50 and less than 100.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6892|The United Center
There have always been hitbox detection problems.  It's just part of the game.  Like you said, sometimes it works in your favor, sometimes not.

The L96A1 does less damage than the other rifles, somewhat making up for it's incredible accuracy.

To go along with the L96A1 doing less damage, you may notice that not all knife hits are 'one shot kills' anymore.  There have been three times when I was waiting for a jet or helicopter and someone tried to TK me with a knife, but I went down to about 40% health and told them to cease firing.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6865|California

i think Nyte had some evidence on this

/shudders

i agreed with nyte...
Aardcore
+60|6858|USA, Arizona
If it's hitbox detection, that's something EA should REALLY consider into a patch that might actually work, (not trying to jinx anything here) but it would be nice.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6978
I've gotten all of these MANY times... It's sickening, really. Makes you wonder how many kills you could have gotten and how many deaths you could have avoided. *sigh*
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6713

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Last thing, I've been wounded a couple of times lately with a sniper-rifle bullet but only went down to 40% or so, not two bars. The next shot has gotten me a few times so I know it was an L96A1 that was shooting at me. I also had this on an empty server with Cpt.KillerToy12 so I know that no stray bullet from another weapon could account for it.
Happens always to me since they introduced the L96A1. No matter if you're playing an armored kit or a nonarmored kit - the L96A1 seems to make only 40% damage with a bodyshot.

I move out of the way, a SECOND later I hear gunfire then my health drops, yet I've already taken cover and he's nowhere in sight, likewise, I shouldn't be in his sights either, and this is with ping being as low as 50 and less than 100.
Your hitbox is slower than you and it was still outside your cover. On the other side, if next time someone runs around a corner and you cannot see him, shot the edge of the corner and you'll be surprised how many kills you can make. You can see this in the Duck & Cover Redux Volume 1 Video (in BF2s Filesection).
Aardcore
+60|6858|USA, Arizona
That's lame! LOL Oh God I might try that but that sounds alot like an exploit to me. I just think hitbox detection should be worked out a little better then if that's the case. TOTALLY not making it fun for me when I anticipate, take cover, and just end up dying and I don't see my enemy because hitbox detection laughed in my face regardless.
Choozen
+40|6830|Moscow, Russian Federation

Todd_Angelo wrote:

I've been wounded a couple of times lately with a sniper-rifle bullet but only went down to 40% or so, not two bars.
I tried it on empty server. It was hit in arm. So bodyshot left u 2 bars, armshot 40%.

/sry for my English
LuKiE
+1|6897

ThomasMorgan wrote:

To go along with the L96A1 doing less damage, you may notice that not all knife hits are 'one shot kills' anymore.  There have been three times when I was waiting for a jet or helicopter and someone tried to TK me with a knife, but I went down to about 40% health and told them to cease firing.
Yes knife kills are always one hit kills...
only Teammates do less damage.
Also if you shoot with the l96a1 at your teammate he still has like 50% health
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6903|Vienna, Austria

ThomasMorgan wrote:

The L96A1 does less damage than the other rifles, somewhat making up for it's incredible accuracy.
Actually, it doesn't. It's like the M24 and the M95.

Btw yes, I have also had many problems with the hitbox even on static targets, but it has already serverd me too (I don't know how many times when I was sniping some guy walked up behind me and wanted to shoot me in the head with his sniper rifle, missed me, giving me the opportunity to turn, draw my pistol and kill him)
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6796|The Netherlands

Vintageologist wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Actually, it doesn't. It's like the M24 and the M95.

Btw yes, I have also had many problems with the hitbox even on static targets, but it has already serverd me too (I don't know how many times when I was sniping some guy walked up behind me and wanted to shoot me in the head with his sniper rifle, missed me, giving me the opportunity to turn, draw my pistol and kill him)
the l9 / m24 does less damage against armored infantry. the m95 does more damage on armored targets
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6713

ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE wrote:

the l9 / m24 does less damage against armored infantry. the m95 does more damage on armored targets
Not true - due to playing as either Spec Ops or Medic and therefore never armored i can say that the M24/L96A1 makes even less damage on non armored targets.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6856
this the biggest problem with the knife, my experience:

Ok i knife quite a bit on various accounts its great, but when i go up hehind some support dude and stab him and get the puff of smoke it piss's me off, so i stab him again and again and again, cut a long story short, i stabbed this support guy 6 FUCKING TIMES.......... only for him to turn round and quite happily empty a whole clip of his shitty uber anti-infrantry PKM and tears me into 50 million peices at point blank range...

Want a solution to this problem?? go play CSS on 100tick servers with a low ping, much more enjoyable no CTD's no "hotel" glitches, no shitty ass vehicle drops, no j-10 to bend you over, just nice pure infrantry, battlefield is a great game but its still in beta.

Why make a great game and then release it so early its just a patch to fix retail fair enough, then a pacth to fix a patch to fix a patch to fix a patch to fix a game released in its beta stages...
Entertayner
+826|6716

JaM3z wrote:

this the biggest problem with the knife, my experience:

Ok i knife quite a bit on various accounts its great, but when i go up hehind some support dude and stab him and get the puff of smoke it piss's me off, so i stab him again and again and again, cut a long story short, i stabbed this support guy 6 FUCKING TIMES.......... only for him to turn round and quite happily empty a whole clip of his shitty uber anti-infrantry PKM and tears me into 50 million peices at point blank range...

Want a solution to this problem?? go play CSS on 100tick servers with a low ping, much more enjoyable no CTD's no "hotel" glitches, no shitty ass vehicle drops, no j-10 to bend you over, just nice pure infrantry, battlefield is a great game but its still in beta.

Why make a great game and then release it so early its just a patch to fix retail fair enough, then a pacth to fix a patch to fix a patch to fix a patch to fix a game released in its beta stages...
i completely agree +1 for u

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard