bobroonie.bda
+143|6681
I just want to give respect to all my fellow ground pounders out there.. It seems to many people now adays are considering the best players to be pilots.. I disagree.. The men in the trenches on foot and assaulting flags win the battles. Its a much tougher game going on foot, working as a team, assaulting and defending flags... We dont have the luxuary of going 1000 - 1. Respect the soilders on foot working those  flags..  So again to all you guys i salute you in your hard up hill battle to be the best, and get the win for you team..

flags capped 15,738

kills with infantry weapons / equipment 60,959

all vehicle kills                  23,808

http://bf2s.com/player/45628790/

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2006-06-14 21:10:36)

[BBF*EF]Stuka
Junkers Ju 87
+58|6578|Phoenix, AZ
Having guys in the air eliminates the threat of tanks and other aircraft attacking you, making it easier. I am also a ground pounder, but I have been a chopper pilot part-time since desert combat and battlefield vietnam. Good post though, +1.
Aardcore
+60|6713|USA, Arizona
I'm agreeing with bobroonie here, groundpounders make up for the bulk and I've tried to do the air thing, I can't, and it sucks when you're the only guy at a flag, HOPING someone takes out the tank just on the otherside of a building wall, as you hit Caps Lock and see several jets in the air... but none coming anywhere near you, so it's just you, your gun, some grenades (or AT rockets if you're in luck) and that tank sitting maliciously, waiting eagerly to take you out.

You only inspire me to keep on tagging the flags but it's been soooo hard since I'm not assault anymore I'm trying to reach the 100+ hours to get the expert badges on the other kits but I miss my assault rifles soooo much! LOL
Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6596|Bellmawr, NJ, US
I'm gonna need +1 as proof of your respect.
safshep
What's so special about titles anyway?
+40|6747|Minnesota, USA

bobroonie.bda wrote:

I just want to give respect to all my fellow ground pounders out there
here, have some of my respect in return,  +1
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

you are officially my new hero, sorry patton

ive been trying to get on the ground more, but the planes are just so fun
chuuby
+19|6618
good post. im all about ground pounding. might be the 6 yrs i spent in the infantry. i have about 10 mins just for the basic plane badge. also about the same for the heli badge.
Dagger37A
+18|6764|USA
Cheers to my fellow ground pounders. +1

https://x402.putfile.com/4/11705345141.gif
and another +1 to the first person to post what the hell this is and what it's for.
-=AudigyXi=-
+18|6656
Im all about infantry man

70% kills on foot
30% vehicles

more assault rifle kills then tank kills
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

Dagger37A wrote:

http://x402.putfile.com/4/11705345141.gif
and another +1 to the first person to post what the hell this is and what it's for.
civil war marksman medal?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6568|Mountains of NC

OORAH finally some love to the boys in the dirt, I spend my time on the dirt and I love it, { i did the req to get my air badges and that was it for me} I think most guys stick to what they did/do in the military ex. pilots stick to the air while the real workers stick to the ground, I spent 4 years sweatin in the desert and the jungle on foot so thats what I do in the game and I love it
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Dagger37A
+18|6764|USA

stryyker wrote:

Dagger37A wrote:

https://x402.putfile.com/4/11705345141.gif
Warm, but Negative, over. lol

It sucks that you can't do a google on a picture! Chuuby knows...

Last edited by Dagger37A (2006-06-14 21:32:16)

acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6692|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
Ground pounders are what win rounds.

+1 for you.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6591|Reisterstown, MD

Ppl consider me a "ground pounder" for whatever reason.  I enjoy nading people(ok actually I just started getting into it).  The only map I am not on the ground is Sharqi.  All other maps, I am either an engineer in a tank or assault with an F2000.(I really love that gun )
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6591|Reisterstown, MD

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Ground pounders are what win rounds.

+1 for you.
Are you stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA?  I think I might have asked you that before.(I really can't remember.)  Sry for going off-topic.
HammerHead
+3|6575
I give way to all of you who work on the ground but pilots such as myself surpress the enemy for you, good pilots keep most of the hostile helos and jets to a minimum so that you can proceed with your hard work.  So for me it's a 50/50 toss up. For me I need you guys to cap and nail those bastards on the ground as much you need us pilots to try and nail the tanks and helos and clear the way for you. Though good pilot are rare they are a essential asset on the battlefeild.  And if all goes right we all get a win and get to fight another day.

Last edited by HammerHead (2006-06-14 21:48:29)

OpsChief
+101|6676|Southern California

Dagger37A wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Dagger37A wrote:

http://x402.putfile.com/4/11705345141.gif
Warm, but Negative, over. lol

It sucks that you can't do a google on a picture! Chuuby knows...
CIB (Combat Infantry Badge) lol did someone else guess already?

My Tank needs Infantry and Marines to protect it. Keep me alive 'til it is my turn to step up and pound some enemy down so the Infantry can Close with and Destroy the enemy. Hoorahhhh.

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-06-14 22:23:34)

xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6729|Louisiana
Nice to see a thread for ground pounders, but we don't want to hear you brag about your stats either.
dhoar4
Banned
+151|6535|Forest Lake, Australia
I love going infantry...But there are times where I HAVE to go tank...I don't mean to do it, but sometimes rounds can be decided by quick thinking...
bobroonie.bda
+143|6681

xintegrityx wrote:

Nice to see a thread for ground pounders, but we don't want to hear you brag about your stats either.
not bragging just showing some high ranks are true gound pounders.

and just putting the stats to show a quick view, hoping others would do the same...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

GRUNTS...not ground pounders
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645
I always go on the foot or most of the time not always, its the WWI and WWII style lol
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Well, it has been proven in every war....you can bomb the shit out of the enemy, but you need grunts to seek and destroy.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6678|Middle of nowhere
+1 m8!! It's true, infantry combat is pretty much what wins 99% of rounds.  You Jet pilots talk about that your "there to take out tanks and enemy jets/choppers".  Well in my 130ish hours of play, i have only seen 1, that's right... 1! guy use a jet like that, the rest just raped the infantry.  It especially pisses me off on Wake, b/c hardly anyone spawns as Anti-Tank to take out the Armour... but there are no jets to save us either, they are just going around spawn raping.  Ground Pounding FTW!!! (oh, and tanks are ok too )

Last edited by genius_man16 (2006-06-14 22:07:13)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6769|Human Meat Shield
Aie!! Ground-Pounders Unite! Finally some love for the REAL men! I have 1022 hrs in this game and only 116 of it in vehicles, 13% of the kills are in vehicles 48hrs in tank and 39 in transport if that tells you anything. Finally some gratitude, and I only do full 48-64 man servers/slots. ( just recently got a new 32 man, bah!) . Favorite Map is Warlord overtakes Karkand by a bunch and if people would play Night Flight more that would be my favorite! Dont get me wrong when there is no one near the tank I'll hop in, but only to drive me to the location I want to ground pound

+1 for everyone in here that loves groundpounding..or just pounding

Last edited by imdead (2006-06-14 22:12:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard