MoChief
+67|6610

Rick_O_Shea678 wrote:

MoChief wrote:

4700 kills in transport is more of a rare sight and made for a better entry.
That IS awesome, I wonder where that ranks globally?
Anyone know how to pull up more ranks like that?  Driver points, ranking for revives, flag caps, etc?
I don't think it's set up to easily sort on this stat.  But the data is there so it would take some programming.  I found a few guys on the top 50 list with more transport kills... and I'm sure there are plenty out there with more than me.

As for the transport = target practice for planes.... too true.  Not too many plane maps are good for transport (Oman being the occasional exception.... but only for MEC airbase road kills).
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6586|Florida
I like driving transports, mainly to run people over and shoot down helos with the .50.  Im working on getting my veteran transport which should hopefully come soon.
wahjot
+30|6593
YES transport whores unite!
MoChief
+67|6610

wahjot wrote:

YES transport whores unite!
Yes.  And I forgot to mention the added benefit of being a Transport Whore that in the history of BF2, I have yet to find anyone that was TK'd for a Vodnik.
wahjot
+30|6593
i like to play AT/transport so if i run into another car i can take it out easily. also cars attract apcs and tanks like crazy so if im being shot at by one i can actually fight back
[UK]Blazing.Armour
+12|6651

MoChief wrote:

I have yet to find anyone that was TK'd for a Vodnik.
Well looknofurther...I was TK'd out of a HMMMVV by an M95, when I was about to give the teamkiller a lift...Greatful n00b...
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6664|Brisbane, Australia

I Tk'd my commander for the Hummer at Gas-Station on karkand because he was idling in it to get points for it!

He was idle the whole round, and never spawned again

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-06-14 03:38:42)

a fly
+105|6652|The netherlands

[UK]Blazing.Armour wrote:

MoChief wrote:

ask any helo pilot what they hate most.... and it will probably be the 50 cal on a transport
Actually I hate AA's more...
how can you say that? aa is so easy to locate and destroy if you  got a fine gunner.... cars are... well, if theres 2 aa or 2 transports, give me the 2 aa to fight. aa isent MOVIBLE, if its mobile aa..... thier rockets are so easy to get hit by, and the mgun of it. shees.....

i teamkill to get transports of STUPID NOOBISH commanders that CARE ABOUT STATS TO MUCH.

i olso teamkill noobs out of transports if they dont drive and i need a ride (pre 1.3, basicly i played 10 hours after it came out.... not much to do in 10 hours)
Slickfish
+24|6631
Has anyone else noticed how since 1.3 half the time when you run someone over at speed they dont' die!!!!

You just ghost through them!!!, annoying as f&*k!
MoChief
+67|6610

Slickfish wrote:

Has anyone else noticed how since 1.3 half the time when you run someone over at speed they dont' die!!!!

You just ghost through them!!!, annoying as f&*k!
I was just playing at Dalian Plant and didn't "run into" that problem much.  (no pun intended, of course)  Although, I did run a guy over that was also running the same direction I was driving and he lived to tell about it.  But just before that, I had 3 road kills of guys standing still or running towards me.

As for commadners in vehicles... for shame.  It's either statpadding or being an incompetent commander.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6612|Cambridge UK
Transports kick arse, i'll often take a hummer over a tank. The buggys aren't so good cuz the gun won't rotate 360 degress though.

I've started getting many more kills per round and it's mostly down to the big fat .50cal!
LividCow
Mmmmm...Beeeeer
+13|6566|MN, USA
I love being AT.  Works well with DPV's.  Road kills on Wake airfield are the best.  Usually about 5 to 6 people waiting for heli or plane.  Run them over then steal their heli when it spawns.  Man they hate that.  Just wish I could fly the stupid things better.
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6549|vancouver
Mmmm...  Mashtuur hussies...  [/gurgle]

Very nice post, and stats.  Yes!  Taking down choppers FTW!  Two very minor additions that seem to work for me...

1. On city maps especially, if you see non-AT infantry hiding near cover as you approach, drive past them 25-30 feet before switching to the .50 cal.  They often think you didn't see them and leave their cover when you pass, practically begging the bullet -- give them what they want.  Also, the extra distance can save you the trouble of a C4 lunch.

2. Versus enemy transports, unless you need to keep moving, start shooting as soon as you see them, only pausing so as not to overheat.  Aim for the gunner first, if applicable, then the driver, if feasible.  Otherwise, just make sure you're hitting them more than they you, and you win.  Worst case scenario, they run away and you feel smug.
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6513|Melbourne, Australia
I also find that if you are having trouble judging the range/projectile drop on the fifty, then aim for the choppers' rotor hub (where the blades meet the rotor-shaft) or where the rotor-shaft meets the body of the chopper. That will pretty much guarantee a hit.

\\'
BBradley
+1|6656|Savannah, GA
Nice post!  I'll be sure to check out some of those spots.
MoChief
+67|6610

BBradley wrote:

Nice post!  I'll be sure to check out some of those spots.
Ok, I give.... how did you get a k/d ratio over 4 in transport?  Unless a lot of your kills are from commanding from a Vodnik, you clearly need no help in this area.  You're a pro.
BBradley
+1|6656|Savannah, GA
When everyone bails out to cap a flag or something I like to hang back in the gunner seat and provide cover.
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6567|The real world
Transports 45 degree firing angle, go above them and theyll be watching blue sky
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6680
Nice write up +1
chuuby
+19|6626
i love transport also it is my fav vehicle. funny since the other day i got called an armor whore. how can you be an armor whore when transport is your fav vehicle?
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6538|Boston, MA
Nice, somebody else that loves transports. That's why I always use them. Just because they're fast and if I need to I could always switch to the gunner seat and just mow people down. Perfect vehicle in my opinion. I've just been using armor more lately with my bro going in armored convoys, that's why I have armor most used.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51
3.Vodnik - Faster than a Hummer.... but not as much armor.
If I recall correctly, a Vodnik can take a missle hit at fullhealth as well, just as a Humvee can.
Eugefunk84
+48|6542
its ppl like u who find themselves recieveing a bullet from my m95 from the little slit above the 50 cal

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard