aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6794

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

has anyone noticed that as USMC the spec ops class and the medic class are NEVER African American??? Is Dice trying to say that African American citizens are not up to the task of filling these roles on the battlefield? Discuss.
Does it really matter what colour people are?  I don't think so.
Storgie
how about this thread for whiners
+15|6577|federal way washington
interesting, not payed attention but now that you mention it. i do not see asian american or hespanics or whites without blue eyes. to be fair to dice if you went overboard the skin tone/eye color would eat more resources than the game.

if possible it would be nice to show a more balanced mix of people but not sure they did this on purpose.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Soldiers of all armies are either heavy or light, PLA has the uncamofluage face and the camofluaged face as light and heavy distinguish, MEC has a beard or something (can't recall) and USMC has the color of the skin.

Want a Black Spec ops? Spawn as Support/AT/Assault and pick up a Spec Ops kit.
https://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9533/blacksfun5.jpg
made with editor.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6596|Iceland
váááá djöfull ertu með lélega grafík
wayneakagod
+17|6749
Newsflash - Not all black people are 'African American'. Ever heard of the Carribean for example?

Correct yourself before you correct DICE.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

wayneakagod wrote:

Newsflash - Not all black people are 'African American'. Ever heard of the Carribean for example? Correct yourself before you correct DICE.
Are you referring to <SS>SonderKommando, who started this thread. I believe his use of the term "African Americans" is correct, since we are talking about BF2, and therefore the USMC here. People in the USMC are generally americans. And black people originate from Africa. Hence, the term "African American".

Last edited by DonFck (2006-08-01 05:17:10)

I need around tree fiddy.
wayneakagod
+17|6749
^ I'm talking about people who moved to America from, say, Barbados. They're not African American.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6719|Riva, MD
Yes, that's why the cussing filter won't let you get away with saying fuck but those rascist hicks get away with saying the N-word.  All of the kits that wear extra armor for the USMC are African American and all of the kits that don't wear extra armor are white.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2006-08-01 06:27:14)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6661|The darkside of Denver
damnit... some of you are missing the point. Its not that they didn't include other ethnicities but they have limited the African Americans to the military positions that are typically labeled as grunts.. they are assault, support and AT.. While all the more technical positions that require brawns and brains are filled exclusively by Caucasian soldiers.  thought this would be an interesting and comical discussion but everyone here has their goddamn panties wadded up their assholes..jeez.
DocZ
+13|6690|Belgium
If you want a black medic or engineer or spec ops, spawn as a support, AT or assault, kill a medic and pick his kit up..... presto change-o

works the other way too......

seems like the only one who is bothered by it is you.....
Sydney
2λчиэλ

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

váááá djöfull ertu með lélega grafík
BF2 Editor, spila með allt á high ingame
137twozerosniper
+57|6567|UK
ffs u guys always bitch would it of been diffrent if they called it black man 2 with no white???

mayb u need to stfu and act older
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6651|Hong Kong
spec ops, sniper, medic and engineer are always white and all the others are black
Sydney
2λчиэλ
What do swedes know about black people anyway...
Fruti
+0|6480
Hi! First of all sorry for my bad english, but I`m german.
I want to say something to "<SS>SonderKommando " ... I never read bullshit like that!
Belive me I know what I´m talking about with my background in germany.

Don`t argue with historical interets! "I read a book about world war2 and have this in mind and choose that SS name!" ... never heard more stupid things like that!

1. If U read a book about women, will you choose a name "Gabriella Pink" after that?
2. If U read a book about dogs, will you choose a name "Barky Bark" after that?

So please do me a favour and choose something different!!!! If you have only 1 cell in your brain left, think about what the SS done in WW2!!!!

If you dont want to think about it, I can offer you alot of nice names because I read an article some days before
"Osama the nice guy"
"KKK Killer"
"Manson Mama" etc.....

I hope that you don`t know really what the SS done, but belive me, they were guilty for the most horror massakers in the war.
Maybe U understand me a littlebit ...
Watermeleon
+34|6536|I am located at my location
Why do you really care what color a character is in BF2. oh noes l0l teh med1c isnt bl4ck!111 Does it make a difference? EA didn't make black people where armor because supposedly every single black person runs really fast, according to you. I'd like to see Bill Cosby outrun me. They needed two colors, one for light and one for armored. Somewhere on the drawing board Blacks made it to armored. Whites could I have been given that position!
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6734|St. Andrews / Oslo

LOMFG! Dice is rascist! The assault class is never white!

Last edited by Jenspm (2006-08-02 07:44:34)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6794
What you should be worrying about is why every soldier is male.  They let women in the armed forces these days, so why aren't there any in the game?

DICE is gay, not racist.

Last edited by aardfrith (2006-08-02 07:59:19)

elmo1337
Banned
+186|6561|The real world
all the black people have to carry out the heavy tasks, like lifting up anti tank rockets and throwing ammo bags with 8 tv missiles of 900 kilos each around,

conclusion, sometimes
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland
Go play as micheal jackson, you can turn from black to white and back using the "i" key.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard