ECH
+50|6645|Some where near you
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/eastcoasthandle/comparison018mx4df.jpg

Could this be an incentive to wake them up to realize what other gaming developers are doing with Fist Person Shooters besides worry about bugs?  Don't get me wrong the #1 prority is to play a well balanced, bug free and complete game.  However, doesn't looking at this already tell you that without asking (to a degree) if this game will play correctly?  If they are able to produce this kind of game is it not far fetech to believe that it may be a well thoughtout balanced game?  Is it possible that in the not so distance future that all games will start to look like this?  So where does that leave us (Bf2'rs) who admire and enjoy BF2?  This is only a taste of what's to come.  I do hope I see this kind of improvement in the BF series along with a more balanced, bug free game.

Last edited by ECH (2006-06-11 21:36:47)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

uhhh... no
the cost of making an engine that complex is fucking HUGE
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6767|Toronto Canada
isnt crysis an EA production? so technically couldnt bf3 have environments like that?
Amish_electrition22
+9|6639|Minneapolis-MN
Well time to buy a new videocard..
"gets up and leavs with credit card in hand"
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

kessel! wrote:

isnt crysis an EA production? so technically couldnt bf3 have environments like that?
i think EA has a hand in all gaming now...

besides, with physics processing out now, people can put better emphasis on environments and such, which is why the next.gen BF games could be great
Cohammer
+61|6540
i heard from a friend that tests at EA that crysis has a engine that can be used for a large scale mulitplayer game such as BF3
I~Love~Mysti
+23|6585
Who cares about eye popping graphics if the game plays like dog shit? I'd take a marginally graphical game with fun gameplay and no bugs/glitches over 5 fps any day.
PunkX
stoned
+198|6625|Canada
nope!
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6657|Lancaster Ohio, USA
It would be nice to see a game with that much detail in it...but the cost to develop it would be astronomical...and then you would need some kind of crazy futuristic alien supercomputer thing just to run it...or they could just do like a virtual 3D...ya know with the headset that ya put on...or something like that...
Cohammer
+61|6540
okay your forgeting one major thing!! these pics are from crysis, which is in devolpment, and it doenst need a super computer, it just needs a computer that doesnt suck balls
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

DICE=owned by EA=owned by the bill gates of the video game world

Crytek Studios or w/e it is=not owned by EA=not with a large supply of cash

It's a matter of passion for the consumer.
Cohammer
+61|6540
im pretty sure its owned or funded by EA
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6669|Sydney, Australia
"A next-generation project by CryTek, makers of the dazzling FPS Far Cry. This game is running on the new CryENGINE 2 technology. The game is one of the the first announced to run on the advanced DirectX 10 architecture." - IGN

Hmm, looks your going to need a dx10 card and windows vista to be able to play on this engine to its full potential .
Cohammer
+61|6540
stop being so cheap, whats it gonna cost you 1000$ for a upgrade with vista. if u cant afford that every now and then, maybe u shouldnt live in USA with crappy education systems and a bad paying jobs
alpinestar
+304|6598|New York City baby.
yes EA owns crytek or whatever they call them selves I read it in wired or somewhere and im 100% sure they do
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol

Cohammer wrote:

stop being so cheap, whats it gonna cost you 1000$ for a upgrade with vista. if u cant afford that every now and then, maybe u shouldnt live in USA with crappy education systems and a bad paying jobs
I don't live in the us you blind, fat, uneducated, spoiled American piece of shit.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647
here is an ingame look of the game Crysis looks neat for the single player
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/wi … _clean.asp
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
Another information site:

http://www.crysis-online.com/home.html
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
Lag anyone?

unless every1 can afford top of the line GPU's and 4GB of fast ram... but it looks better than real life what has game become now... images more realistic than real life but im guessing the engine wont lag that bad, kinda like half-life 2... can run all high settings w/ X300, ahh the effeciency of the engine but the release of Conroe may not make games lag that bad
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Lag anyone?

unless every1 can afford top of the line GPU's and 4GB of fast ram... but it looks better than real life what has game become now... images more realistic than real life but im guessing the engine wont lag that bad, kinda like half-life 2... can run all high settings w/ X300, ahh the effeciency of the engine but the release of Conroe may not make games lag that bad
You will need a impressive gfx card and ram more then a cpu it would seem. You need more system resources to run vista
Maj.Do
+85|6754|good old CA
EA doesnt own crytek, im sureof that but i heard they had intentions on buying them.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6657|Brisbane, Australia

BF3 will have that shit for sure
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol

Maj.Do wrote:

EA doesn't own crytek, im sureof that but i heard they had intentions on buying them.
EA are the publisher of crysis though.
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6684|England and damn proud
I would rather play a game with awesome gameplay and shitty graphics then awesome graphics and no feel about the game.
~WPN~ Magnum_Fire
+1|6554
Thats a very badass looking game, but yeah F'ing right like I could afford the upgrades for that.

Eventually PC games will fall out of the loop  because enough people just decided to stop tossing hundreds to possibly 1000's of dollars to play some 50$ game.

Least I wont, im still happy with BF1942 and BFV  and they dont have near as much bells and whistles as BF2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard