Poll

Would you play Battlefield 2 if there were no player stats or awards?

Yes, I play to have fun.35%35% - 63
Yes, but it wouldn't be as fun.40%40% - 73
Yes, but only if BF2 saved my personal stats on my comp6%6% - 12
No, Stats are what matter to me.6%6% - 11
No, I've worked too hard to get to my rank.11%11% - 21
Total: 180
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6736|St. Paul, MN
Thinking back on BF1942 I remember a simpler time, when people cared more about having fun than their stats.
If BF2 didn't have it's ranking and awards system, would you still play?
LockerFish
+47|6698
That's hard to say. It's like every other "would you still..?" kinda question. Had we never known the how detailed and amazing the stats could be, I'm sure everyone would play it still.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida
Yeah, you can't really answer a question like that.
C.Schaffer
+19|6590|Sweden
I love the whole rank system, actually feels like Im getting something for spending all this time with bf2.. with 1942 it could feel a little bit pointless sometimes, u know u could go teamkilling everybody just for fun, and dont care at all...
so...I guess I would play bf2 without the ranks etc, but....naah....

I just love this game, always have, always will
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6566
I think I'd play, but not for as long as I have. Motivation to play would be much lower.
Bonio05
+4|6568|Germany
I think without stats the aim of the game would be pretty pointless to me.
I can't play other games like Day of Defeat, Red Orchestra or Counter-Strike for too long, because
they start to get boring.

Last edited by Bonio05 (2006-06-10 13:19:55)

Delphy
+45|6577|Bristol, UK
Yeah, I think I would have stopped playing a while ago without them.
thedoo2
Eluded Fate
+20|6537|Texas
Probably wouldn't still be playing if there were no stats and awards.  Even though I don't get many awards to begin with, when I *DO* get one, the feeling is pretty cool.

"You've been recommended for an award, soldier!"  Haha, probably not the exact quote.......told you, I don't get many awards.
mad scotsman
+177|6600|scotland
to be honest i played other pc games and console games before,,,not all that much, probably link up on the playstations with c and c was the most i played a game until this fuker popped up.

my friend told me about it so i bought it and was a dikheed ever since,,sorry addicted...if it wasnt for the awards, ranks , ect i dont think i would have played it as much
rogueguy
[ACB] Member
+26|6544|Cali
Ranks are the thing that keep me playing, I had BF1942, and it was fun, but I didn't play it nearly as much as I do BF2.

If you don't get all uptight about ranks they can actually be really fun to achieve.
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6662|The Netherlands
YES, I would play, since there would be a lot more modded maps, like the ones on the Pilots heaven server from 1942
Crawdaddy79
+27|6529
The stats keep me playing.  I don't know if I would play if they didn't exist or not...  I haven't touched an unranked server since I got the game.
Audio
+130|6524|Orlando, FL
You dont miss what you never had.  If the ranking system was never created, Im sure we would still play.
Angel.C-sq
+24|6680|Computer Chair
No, I like to know how I did compared to others and myself.
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6588|England
I like seeing myself improve. I can imagine I'd get bored very quickly without ranks because this game doesn't have much else. Playing pointlessly against other people can only hold up for so long.
Souljah
+42|6660
i would still be playing but i dont think i would be playing as much. the ranking system has its good side and bad sides. but i would have to say that as of right now, the ranking system is what keeps me going.
<KoS>Dingo
+4|6523|Canada
I would get too bored without stats, but stats arent all I worry about
Slink
+17|6689
Ideal situation:  BF2, with awards/ranks, without "Verifying Client Data".
Acceptable situation:  BF2, without awards/ranks, without "Verifying Client Data".

Unacceptable situation:  What we have now   I just spent 15 minutes loading to have the game crash to desktop
BVC
+325|6688
I would still be playing it.

There were independant stat sites for BF1942, www.bfstats.com was a good one.  You'd get medals and ranks etc, but you had to keep working hard to keep your rank.  You could also see your rank/medals as if it were from Russia, Germany, US and UK as well!  I wish BF2 had that option.
CC-Marley
+407|6821
I don't really know? I didn't find out about stats for '42 for about 6 months. I still played it.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6527|Edmonton Alberta
i would have played for about a month if it wasnt for the stats..... even though its the best online game that i have played.... the stats keep you playing the game and pretty much theres always some medal that you are working on
OMG-AIDS
+24|6555|Florida
I think the stats put more of a drive towards playing the game.  When I started playing and didn't care about the awards it was more fun.  Now I feel as if I have to get the awards so other can see my e-skills.
-MIKI3.
+70|6636|The Netherlands

M_Harrower wrote:

I think I'd play, but not for as long as I have. Motivation to play would be much lower.
Twinn
+3|6523|Milwaukee, WI
it'd be alot more fun, but not as addictive.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

nope. this game isnt fun enough to play for no reason

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard