RD_The_Dog
+87|6539
What makes a player REALLY good.  Im not talking SPM, or KDR, or other crap like that, im saying what makes a player stand out. (over the long run, like say, 700 hours +)

Thoughts?  All are welcome.

Personally, the Sharp shooter infantry medal (regardless of your SPM etc) makes you a great player.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

dogtag is the best player. ever.
I~Love~Mysti
+23|6585
Awards.
RD_The_Dog
+87|6539

stryyker wrote:

I disagree.  Great SPM and KPM, but too much time in a Jet, and too much time as Medic.  He is a good player, even an excellent player, BUT, he is inexperienced in other kits, and whores to medic a bit.

I like his nick though.  But calling him the best?  I disagree
RD_The_Dog
+87|6539

I~Love~Mysti wrote:

Awards.
Perhaps, but other stats besides Awards count.  Some1 can have tons of awards, but still be a crap player.  If anyone remember the VERY FIRST general, before 1.3, they would know.  He had expert everything, but was, in fact, a very average player
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

RD_The_Dog wrote:

stryyker wrote:

I disagree.  Great SPM and KPM, but too much time in a Jet, and too much time as Medic.  He is a good player, even an excellent player, BUT, he is inexperienced in other kits, and whores to medic a bit.

I like his nick though.  But calling him the best?  I disagree
hes KDR on the ground is better than BushViper, that means hes the best in my book.
dhoar4
Banned
+151|6537|Forest Lake, Australia

stryyker wrote:

I don't know who the best player is at the moment, but I seriously think that my friend will be one of the best once he gets his hours up.  He is one of those new breed of player that doesn't whore ANYTHING!

Check him out and let me know what you think
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

dhoar4 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

I don't know who the best player is at the moment, but I seriously think that my friend will be one of the best once he gets his hours up.  He is one of those new breed of player that doesn't whore ANYTHING!

Check him out and let me know what you think
new breed meaning either a 2nd account, or he reads the hundreds of anti whore complaint threads. and there is a difference between whoring and skill too
Darky
Hi..
+71|6564|Here.
Best player? That would be one to is able to latest hte longest in a round tking everyone because they got in 'their' vehicle without being admin punted or vote-kicked. You know its true.
RD_The_Dog
+87|6539
solidous_snake is a very good player.  My props to him
bobroonie.bda
+143|6683
awards? not really because its easy to get awards if your a good pilot..

a great player.. hmmm

being good with every infantry weapon..
Not dying much in a round
Most of us that have played 750+ hours have specialized in a certin aspect of the game, whether it be air, infantry, armor. then it breaks down to the way you play your specialization.. do you play to win or do you play for points... looking at stats you can get a general idea on how someone plays.. But until you play with them you can only assume on how they play by the numbers they give you..

I for one am a squad leader, spec op. I assualt flags and take out enemy assets. I can play any kit very well.. I choose the kit depending on the situation, not to go for a medal, ribbon or badge. this is way i have so little time in support. because well for me support is a defensive weapon, and only on certin parts of the map. Or if my squad needs ammo and i died.. Sniper for me is well the "fun" kit.. I dont feel like pushing a flag or having to feel like i have to win this round.. so ill kick back and go sniper.. If im defending certin flags on certin maps ill go sniper.. As for engineer. Only if i KNOW im going to get an armor will i go engy.. and if i cant salvage the armor i will pick up a kit from a dead body..

being great at the game means you can determine what flags you need to get, and have a game plan to get them with out even having to think about it.. I have a path / objective for taking every flag on any map no matter whats going on..

Tactics.. Tactics win battles... every map is different so you must have different tactics for every map.. you have to know your surroundings and where the enemy will be and might be comming from..

As a squad leader ive been working on staying alive and letting my squad take flags, or hold a hot position while im the spawn point giving cover fire..

all in all have fun.. i enjoy playing because its a different game every match.. and being able to beat the enemy when odds are against you..

http://bf2s.com/player/45628790/
wahjot
+30|6586

stryyker wrote:

he is a chinese mofo on wake for sure
MagiCandy
+18|6656
-Use of logic/common sence
-Anybody who is good as infantry I respect
-They join/lead squads
-Anybody who you have fun playing/chatting with
-Teamplayer not a "get the most points in a round player"

Last edited by MagiCandy (2006-06-07 19:47:53)

panderiz
+32|6768
Some of the boys in *Dc (aussie), varying skills, some nice inf KDR's and SPM's.

I'm somewhere in the middle.

http://dc.bitemellama.com/beta/?c=leaderboard
switchbladezz
+48|6620
DOGTAG OWNZ ALL, so stfu noobs.

He is a great player because he doesn't play for stats yet his stats are great and he doesn't tk or be a bitch or point whore at all to get them. Once you play with him you will quickly find this out. And BTW rd what does it matter if he likes jets? he is just as good at flying and or gunning in helis and he is probabally better at ground combat.

and that solidus snake guy is just your average karkand whore, nothing special there.

Last edited by switchbladezz (2006-06-07 19:52:25)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

wahjot wrote:

stryyker wrote:

shhhhh.... his TV missiles will hear you
switchbladezz
+48|6620

stryyker wrote:

wahjot wrote:

stryyker wrote:

lmao, i do own dogtag with tv's, but that is about it.
RD_The_Dog
+87|6539

switchbladezz wrote:

He is a great player because he doesn't play for stats yet his stats are great and he doesn't tk or be a bitch or point whore at all to get them. Once you play with him you will quickly find this out. And BTW rd what does it matter if he likes jets? he is just as good at flying and or gunning in helis and he is probabally better at ground combat.

and that solidus snake guy is just your average karkand whore, nothing special there.
whoa, WHOA!  Take it EASY!  Never said anything bad about him!  EASY TIGER!  EASY NOW!  I think i remember calling him a very good player, take it easy......good......shhhhhhhhh.......its okay.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

switchbladezz wrote:

stryyker wrote:

wahjot wrote:

lmao, i do own dogtag with tv's, but that is about it.
the funny thing tho is, he pwns you with everything else, including helicopters
MagiCandy
+18|6656
I havent played on the same sever with dogtag so ill just assume with all them posts....hes very good.
switchbladezz
+48|6620
naw, today in AF i got him 3 outa 4 times in the pussycopter when he was in one. I fucking love that thing.

MagiCandy wrote:

I havent played on the same sever with dogtag so ill just assume with all them posts....hes very good.
me and stryyker play with him alot, and he is very good.

Last edited by switchbladezz (2006-06-07 19:59:58)

Evil_Apu
+40|6585|Denmark
dunno the best player..
but, a 'best player' get known by his skill, and computer speed
Cursed You
+64|6589|Idaho
Any honest fighter who keeps goin in.  Like seriously anyone can be a good player.  I have a lot of respect for people who are good infantry.  They just have to have good leadership skills, able to utilize each kit effectively.  Doesnt really care about points or winning, just as long as he gives them the best.

I'd nominate me but Im shit.  But still anyone who has played with me definately knows I can take a kickin and keep on... kickin...

I'd nominate... erm... I dont know.

Last edited by Cursed You (2006-06-07 23:11:14)

dhoar4
Banned
+151|6537|Forest Lake, Australia

switchbladezz wrote:

You fucking loser.  dogtag is a Karkand, Sharqui and Wake whore too!  Fucking idiot.  Nothing special there...Get him out of the air and I bet the only thing he can do is give you a blow job
Souljah
+42|6669
hhmmm....why oh why do people think that if you have expert badges or ribbons that makes you a good player? ill never understand it. and stats dont mean crap either. the only way to know if someone is really good is to actually play against them. like in my stats, i play assault alot. i dont fly jets. and i barely jump in the helo. why? because alot of times i play with my clanmates. and some are better then me in certain areas. for example some of my clanmates are awesome pilots. so i dont practice on flying cause i let them take the helos or jets. i dont really play other kits cause i have clanmates who always use em. one specializes in anti tank another in medic another in support and so on. so i specialized in assault. so to actually say that someone is good by looking at numbers or shiny awards is a joke. you have to play against them.

but on a side note when people say so and so is good the first thing i look at is their average time on weapons then their average time on vehicles. if they have like 10 or more hours average time in vehicles then weapons, i dont even bother looking at the rest of their stats.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard