Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6755|Toronto, ON

stryyker wrote:

statspadder.com is a website for people who suck more than they admit themselves to believe. its true, dont try and deny it
I deny that wild allegation. DENIED!
Alpha as fuck.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6723|California

Nyte wrote:

stryyker wrote:

statspadder.com is a website for people who suck more than they admit themselves to believe. its true, dont try and deny it
I deny that wild allegation. DENIED!
suit yourself.
c0mplex1ty
Too X-Core
+100|6563|laguna beach, ca

SaladForks wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Nyte wrote:

A short guide on how to be a player close to my calibre
Please! STFU!
i'd honestly like to 1v1 you sniper.  be it this game, CS, whatever.  im obviously not saying im the best around, but that comment is a bit off key.
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6597|Las Vegas, NV USA

TurDlich wrote:

TrueArchon wrote:

What gets me more than anything about this guide (and many other posts), is the degree of technical thought put into this game.  Changing DPI settings?  Buying a specific mouse type?  Graphics setting changes?  Ok, not to say that I haven't changed my graphics settings for better advantage since I recently purchased a better computer, but I did pretty well beforehand.
Well, try to think about the guide in a critical way.  Read between the lines here.  This guide has Nyte's mark of arrogance all over it, but that should not eliminate anyone from his audience of readers.  Hardware DOES make a difference.  If you like sniping so much, you might want to consider a better mouse.  (Forget about it being a must.  Like Nyte, I'm lucky enough to have a G5. which I now consider the G5 must for myself when I play, because it is superior to any mouse I have ever used.  Only natural to pimp the sweet stuff if you've used it.  Using my old rig and MX500 is a lot different than the new stuff.) Changing settings DOES make a difference.  Reducing the effects of lag (whatever kind it is) can only help when trying to make precision shots with say, I don't know, um a sniper rifle.  If you can't appreciate this then you need to play online FPS more.  Good hardware that works properly together, as well as, proper settings in drivers, games, etc. is an advantage over people just like TrueArchon.  Their gaming skill is bottle necked by ignorance of their rig.  Just cuz Nyte didn't say it pleasingly, doesn't mean it has no merit.
Wow... you missed the point of my meaning.  Maybe I screwed up, and didn't put it clear manner.

Knowledge of your rig is fine, and definitely worth taking some note of, but saying something along the lines of...

Nyte wrote:

Requirements:
1) The mouse matters.  I don't care what anyone says, this is the be-all and end-all of close range sniping.
... implies a false sense of "ownage" dependent solely upon hardware.

TurDlich wrote:

Good hardware that works properly together, as well as, proper settings in drivers, games, etc. is an advantage over people just like TrueArchon.  Their gaming skill is bottle necked by ignorance of their rig.
Honestly, you don't know me from Adam, and a remark like this shows a measure of ignorance.  My point wasn't that I don't know my own rig (in fact, quite the opposite).  The point was that everyone learns to compensate for how bad, or good, their own rigs run.  For example, Nyte did make a very valid point here that deserves merit:

Nyte wrote:

.... And please, if you intend to learn aiming well, DON'T buy a new mousepad/mouse every couple of months, it effectively "resets" your "memory" of your mouse/mousepad combo. ....
However, his "be-all and end-all" statement contradicts this statement's meaning.  Given that I said the following in my post (underlined)... 

TrueArchon wrote:

What gets me more than anything about this guide (and many other posts), is the degree of technical thought put into this game.  Changing DPI settings?  Buying a specific mouse type?  Graphics setting changes?  Ok, not to say that I haven't changed my graphics settings for better advantage since I recently purchased a better computer, but I did pretty well beforehand.  However, if I decided to change my mouse for a gaming mouse, it'd screw up everything I've learned through muscle-memory!
... implies I do know my rig.  In fact, I know it well enough that if I did decide to shy away from what you describe as "gaming skill" being "bottleneck for ignorance" because of my choice of keeping the mouse that I like, I'd probably be hurt more for it in the long run, until I did learn it all over again.

So, my point towards Nyte was that his idea of guide for being a good "close range sniper" was more of a guide more written towards being a "better equiped gamer."

Out of curiousity, Nyte has this written:

Nyte wrote:

It's 2.97 actually, I like to go by www.statpadder.com rather than this site because it calculates everything starting from the beginning (Which is 1 year ago!!).  I started off pretty crappy (I had a ~0.5 KDR in my first month of playing as a Sniper in June).
A very nice site I must say.  Props to you Nyte.

Anyways, if I said that my Sniper Rifle KDR over the past week (based on Nyte's discovered site) has been 2.68, would you lend more credence to my opinion of his hardware recommendations?  Probably not.  But does it really matter?  No, because I know how my own rig works, as I'm pretty sure that you and he are familiar with your own rigs.

In the end, my opinion of Nyte's thread was that his guide should have centered a bit more around "close range sniping" vs. "gaming equipment."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Good post TrueArchon.
Thanks!  Same to you!
irok100
+114|6652
THANKYOU....i snipe just fine with a 800 DPI if you have seen the vid under my sig, you will realize that its not so bad once used to... i also think the close range sniping is redundant...
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6630|Warlord
I propose an alternate term for those who might be hung up on the title/description: close-range snipering.
RD_The_Dog
+87|6540

irok100 wrote:

THANKYOU....i snipe just fine with a 800 DPI if you have seen the vid under my sig, you will realize that its not so bad once used to... i also think the close range sniping is redundant...
Close range sniping IS redundant.  First person to say it.  Very bright man as well.  Close range sniping IS redundant.  I couldnt agree more.  Close range sniping is redundant.  Redundant.  Redundant . Redundant.  I wish i could repeat it over and over and over and over again.

IROK100, you settled this.  Sniping (like some1 said way before this) is the art of killing from a distance.

Plus 1 to you buddy
RD_The_Dog
+87|6540

Todd_Angelo wrote:

I propose an alternate term for those who might be hung up on the title/description: close-range snipering.
like close-range sniping?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6723|California

RD_The_Dog wrote:

irok100 wrote:

Close range sniping IS redundant.  First person to say it.  Very bright man as well.  Close range sniping IS redundant.  I couldnt agree more.  Close range sniping is redundant.  Redundant.  Redundant . Redundant.  I wish i could repeat it over and over and over and over again.

IROK100, you settled this.  Sniping (like some1 said way before this) is the art of killing from a distance.

Plus 1 to you buddy
cough*
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=427529#p427529
*cough
[UK]Blazing.Armour
+12|6645
I'm not a great sniper...In fact I'm pretty rubbish. But I am better at close quater sniping then long range sniping. But I do understand bullet drop a bit more now and I'm starting to get better, I hope.
RD_The_Dog
+87|6540

stryyker wrote:

RD_The_Dog wrote:

irok100 wrote:

Plus 1 to you buddy
cough*
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=427529#p427529
*cough
Skipped to the last page, missed yours.  Props to you.

Who needs a close range sniper rifle when you have the m11-87 or AK?
bubbass
humble
+61|6572

RD_The_Dog wrote:

Who needs a close range sniper rifle when you have the m11-87 or AK?
People who also want to snipe from a distance. Just because it's about close quarters doesn't mean that's your whole playing style. Read the guide and interpret it when needed. There's hardly anything to worry about when you're sniping from 400m but when you do run into someone while you're out and about it'll be easier to defend yoursef. Look outside the box people.
Dirtracer90
+8|6688
close range and long range sniping both take skill to do and ive tried both with little success

ive tried close range and its hard to stay alive when there are tanks and constant medics with good guns aroudn u; it takes skill to headshot medics and others when they have vastly superior close range guns

long range takes skill because of bullet drop on the guns and just knowing how to find a great place to hide and kill ppl who look like very little small dots on screen

i guess some ppl think they have skill just because they killed someone with a far range weapon against a designed close range weapon

w/e just my pointless view prolly not making sense anyway

Last edited by Dirtracer90 (2006-06-07 20:00:01)

Babo0n8
+0|6845
use a knife short range
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6755|Toronto, ON

Dirtracer90 wrote:

close range and long range sniping both take skill to do and ive tried both with little success

ive tried close range and its hard to stay alive when there are tanks and constant medics with good guns aroudn u; it takes skill to headshot medics and others when they have vastly superior close range guns

long range takes skill because of bullet drop on the guns and just knowing how to find a great place to hide and kill ppl who look like very little small dots on screen

i guess some ppl think they have skill just because they killed someone with a far range weapon against a designed close range weapon

w/e just my pointless view prolly not making sense anyway
Excellent point.
Alpha as fuck.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6755|Toronto, ON

RD_The_Dog wrote:

irok100 wrote:

Plus 1 to you buddy
The advantage you get from close range sniping is also that you have a weapon that can operate at medium-long distances.

I guess sniping close range is an extra bonus if you already know the medium-long skillset.  By knowing close-range sniping, you effectively become a multiversed sniper.
Alpha as fuck.
easy-skanking
+43|6539
someone needs to look up redundant .. i think you mean oxymoron

no point in taking advice from nyte unless you need tips on how to suck at bf2
irok100
+114|6652

easy-skanking wrote:

LMAO
ssonrats
+221|6648

[UK]Blazing.Armour wrote:

I'm not a great sniper...In fact I'm pretty rubbish. But I am better at close quater sniping then long range sniping. But I do understand bullet drop a bit more now and I'm starting to get better, I hope.
Yeah i can remember killing you on PTG last week, lolz
ssonrats
+221|6648

Nyte wrote:

By knowing close-range sniping, you effectively become a multiversed sniper.
You actually become an assault player with no armour and a bolt action instead of auto/semi.
Chillin&killin
+27|6678|Manchester,England
the l8 would do the same thing that scope is class for placing shots(not full-auto)
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6586|England
Good guide each one gets a little bit better, +1 for that.

Thanks for the tip on m95 i was actually unaware where to aim with that gun I just thought it was extremely inaccurate,lol.

I lol at the people getting annoyed with Nyte saying things like "God amongst snipers" etc as he is obviously doing it to get a reaction out of you and wants to see you say "Omfg Stfu U n00b i could knife you in the face if I was 1v1 with you"

Although he is not literally a "God" (Well if he was I mean his kill:death ratio would be sweet) he is a damm good shot as proved in his assault montage and numerous sniper videos.

Last edited by _The.Don_05 (2006-06-08 05:59:16)

ThundergodTyLor
You am dee best!
+34|6699|RCM Headquarters

easy-skanking wrote:

Oxymoron:
A paradox reduced to two words, usually in an adjective-noun ("eloquent silence") or adverb-adjective ("inertly strong") relationship, and is used for effect, to emphasize contrasts, incongruities, hypocrisy, or simply the complex nature of reality.

--Google
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6656
we've yet again managed to go from actually arguing about the subject to arguing about each others method of arguing or other pointless topics
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6713|Sweden

stryyker wrote:

madmurre wrote:

if you are close up and using a sniperrifle.. it sure sounds like sniping for me.
and this is a game it´s not the kit it´s the player....
the definition of sniper is a skilled, LONG RANGE killer
In real life that is, but what i meant was that this is a game if you want to play sniper closeup then do it (some players are actually quite lethal that way )
and sure a descent med etcetera etcetera would be better in those situations than the average snipers.

hmm really don´t see why you need to point out the definition on a sniper think everyone knows that and the game ain´t realistic

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard